Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
All the NISA store update has done is encourage me not to order a bunch of limited editions I don't need, so thanks for saving me money, NISA! Hell, they didn't even do a Black Friday/After Christmas/New Year's sale this year.

Hopefully all of these companies will lose enough money that they'll revert back to previous practices (implementing Paypal, not requiring payment up front), but we all know that, if enough people keep giving these assholes interest-free loans, nothing at all will change.

Given how more and more companies are going this route, I'm guessing it's working to their benefit. Especially since like you, even with the changes, I'm still pre-ordering things I want/not being deferred by "pay now".

So are the coupons now a moot point? I literally received one last week that I was hoping to use on the shmups being offered to try and save a bit on the order.

PurpleDot lets you split an order to ship part of it? How does the shipping bill change?
You get to pay twice:
image.png

There's probably more nuance to different combinations and such, but they didn't explain any of it and this is very on-brand for LRG.

Looks like Might & Magic Clash of Heroes is up on Amazon for Switch now so I'm just going to order this from Amazon and get free shipping and rewards. I'm going to skip Devil Engine now and maybe get it digital on sale in the future. No paypal is a real turn off for me.
They are also available on VGP for Ps4 and Switch. I have some coupon points built up with them from their anniversary sales, so I was considering buying it there. I was gonna buy it from LRG, but no Paypal is a deal killer for me.

They are also available on VGP for Ps4 and Switch. I have some coupon points built up with them from their anniversary sales, so I was considering buying it there. I was gonna buy it from LRG, but no Paypal is a deal killer for me.
VGP charges right away FYI, so I went with Amazon.

There's probably more nuance to different combinations and such, but they didn't explain any of it and this is very on-brand for LRG.

First... is that the normal shipping on a standard release game? $9.17 seems a bit crazy.

What about that tax. Looks like they are charging tax on shipping too... and it's kind of crazy to see that end up 13%. I wasn't aware anyone had taxes that high on purchases.

Since El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON HD Remaster is getting a release at Play-Asia I think I may just order this from them but I want to see if the Limited Run version is not a numbered release and may be appear on Amazon for order. They did mention early this month right after this preorder was posted on Play-Asia that they would be giving details about their version this month.

First... is that the normal shipping on a standard release game? $9.17 seems a bit crazy.

What about that tax. Looks like they are charging tax on shipping too... and it's kind of crazy to see that end up 13%. I wasn't aware anyone had taxes that high on purchases.
That is probably the worst part for me. I can deal with the shipping, but the tax ALWAYS ends up being much higher than the shipping cost. It doesn't help that I live in Chicago where tax is already far too high. This is what has made me cut back quite a bit on LRG purchases within the past few months. It's sometimes just not worth it.

Rocket Knight Adventures is neat, but its another game you can already buy for cheaper... A loose cart averages out to about $28 over on PriceCharting. More pricey for a CIB, though.

Edit: It's three games in one... their advertising sucks, they need an "includes these titles:" on them. I shouldn't have to click through to a separate site.

With the higher shipping costs, its just easier to now wait for the game to release and use one of the two dudes who buy copies from the physical store. They pack up your purchase and ship them to you. It's probably about the same price now, maybe a bit more, but you don't give LRG interest free loans.

Last edited:
I'm more excited for the announcements of the underlying collections than for anything from LRG. I have fond memories of the NES Felix the Cat and Sparkster on SNES.

Rocket Knight Adventures is neat, but its another game you can already buy for cheaper... A loose cart averages out to about $28 over on PriceCharting. More pricey for a CIB, though.

With the higher shipping costs, its just easier to now wait for the game to release and use one of the two dudes who buy copies from the physical store. They pack up your purchase and ship them to you. It's probably about the same price now, maybe a bit more, but you don't give LRG interest free loans.
wait wait wait
there is someone who is doing this already? Is it an ebay user or something??? Im kinda interested now that you mentioned it

wait wait wait
there is someone who is doing this already? Is it an ebay user or something??? Im kinda interested now that you mentioned it
It's in the unofficial LRG group on Facebook. They charge shipping, taxes, and handling fees. I prefer paying them versus giving my money to LRG unless its a distro title.

Speaking of in stock items, has anyone's orders from the end of year % off sale shipped? I ordered on the 50% off day...and nothing.

With the current exchange rate, you're paying roughly $3 more at VGP.
You have your math backwards. Usd to cad is 1.00 usd to 1.34 cad. Unless at the time you posted it was reversed or something usd is strong right now so currency conversion rates are beneficial for importing from Canada jpn ect.

That's for a vinyl, I think a game is something like $5 or $6 on their site. It doesn't cost that much to just ship something, but they also pad it with warehouse staff (so it's essentially shipping and handling).

This screenshot isn't mine (though I had similar results messing with their site) so I don't know why the tax rate is so high. They seem to reliably be wrong though, they add a 1% municipal tax for my address that shouldn't be added which makes the rate over 10% for me.

You have your math backwards. Usd to cad is 1.00 usd to 1.34 cad. Unless at the time you posted it was reversed or something usd is strong right now so currency conversion rates are beneficial for importing from Canada jpn ect.
When I converted, the $49.99CA VGP is charging equated to $37+ USD.

I'm genuinely excited for the Rocket Knight Collection! Was this announced for digital release before and I missed it? I'm guessing like the other Konami collections, this won't see a wider retail release.

VGP is usually close to MSRP usually +/- a few dollars after conversion (not just on LRG). Since they don't charge me tax and have a rewards program it usually ends up being a better deal than Amazon unless you struggle to hit the free shipping threshold. I'm trying to support Amazon less and get rid of Prime so I've been moving my purchases over there and I'm pretty happy with their service.

Because that's more than it's retailing for in the US. It's $34.99 here, and if purchased from VGP it works out to over $37. State tax and shipping charges not withstanding. That's all.
That has zero to do with currency. and everything to do with it just being priced higher there.

VGP is usually close to MSRP usually +/- a few dollars after conversion (not just on LRG). Since they don't charge me tax and have a rewards program it usually ends up being a better deal than Amazon unless you struggle to hit the free shipping threshold. I'm trying to support Amazon less and get rid of Prime so I've been moving my purchases over there and I'm pretty happy with their service.

Hitting the free shipping threshold is usually what I'm aiming for with Amazon. I gave up Prime a couple years ago and if someone else has something I want at a similar enough price, I'll usually just go with them.

Curious, and I know this has been brought up over the years, but is VGP better about securely handling CC data ... or is it still best to just use paypal with them (or spin up a virtual cc with something like privacy.com).

LRG has shown us clearly what they're all about when they split up retro collections that only take up ~500mb into 2 to 5 game releases and attempt to sell them all individually. That shows you exactly who they are. They don't care about customers at all. All they care about is the extraction of money from people whom are obsessively compulsed. They could do better and they choose not to.

They could do better!

For example: they just haven't found a good way to split an optical disc or switch cart into 3 parts to sell separately. When they do, you will have to preorder part 1, then the next year preorder part 2, then in year 3 you have to buy blind boxes until you get the missing third part. For an additional $49.99 you can ship it all back to purple dots to assemble it for you during year 4 and then re-ship it out to you in year 5. Easy and convenient!

LOL I'm guessing they're having a brain fart moment.

I did exactly what you did when I ordered, and can vouch that Amazon was cheaper by like a $2 for me once you factor in exchange rate.
I'm assuming you are referring to me? Because again it being priced higher has 0 to do with currency which is what that user I quoted was referring to as well as yourself. Seems like both of you are the ones who are confused.

Currency exchange rate is irrelevant if the msrp is higher in one country than another. The only way it would be relevant is if they are the same msrp in both.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you are referring to me? Because again it being priced higher has 0 to do with currency which is what that user I quoted was referring to as well as yourself. Seems like both of you are the ones who are confused.

Currency exchange rate is irrelevant if the msrp is higher in one country than another. The only way it would be relevant is if they are the same msrp in both.
It's higher in Canada, because it's in local currency. It's price at an equivalent msrp.

You don't price something a certain number, ie 34.99 full stop, in any and all regions. You price something in comparable amounts based on the local currency. Otherwise if it would be price at $34.99 CAN, that would be about $26 USD. If that were the case, of course we'd all be buying from someplace in Canada.

HaloGX and I aren't talking about listed price or MSRP, we're talking about cost- how much we would be paying out of pocket by buying at Amazon vs VGP. That's why we're talking about exchange rates. Nobody here is comparing 34.99 USD to 49.99 CAD, that's an apples-to-maple syrup comparison.

At the change rate at the time, it would cost me $35 on Amazon vs $37 (after converting 49.99 CAD to $) at VGP.

I might be in for standard releases of Felix and Rocket Knight for Switch. Is it worth combining orders for shipping savings? Still waiting on my first LRG order - P4Golden.

I might be in for standard releases of Felix and Rocket Knight for Switch. Is it worth combining orders for shipping savings? Still waiting on my first LRG order - P4Golden.

With PurpleDot (their new payment system) you no longer save on shipping with two separate pre-orders. You can either buy from LRG and wait 6+ months or buy from one of their partner stores like PNP, VGP, or VGNY for a few bucks more once the games are actually printed/in-stock.

Also, they no longer accept PayPal if that's a factor for you.

With PurpleDot (their new payment system) you no longer save on shipping with two separate pre-orders. You can either buy from LRG and wait 6+ months or buy from one of their partner stores like PNP, VGP, or VGNY for a few bucks more once the games are actually printed/in-stock.

I justified A LOT of my LRG purchases thanks to PayPal Credit... because it was like "well, if I'm gonna be waiting 1.5 years for my item, PP Credit at least gives me 6 months to actually pay"... even though it was a BS concept.

Got it. Thank you for sharing!

What the heck is the point of this new system if you just have to pay an extra full cost shipping charge for every game you bundle together? If they didn't want people bundling anymore, they could have just done what Fangamer does and make you check out each preorder separately. This would have achieved the same result without totally borking their site and removing Paypal.

What the heck is the point of this new system if you just have to pay an extra full cost shipping charge for every game you bundle together? If they didn't want people bundling anymore, they could have just done what Fangamer does and make you check out each preorder separately. This would have achieved the same result without totally borking their site and removing Paypal.
This new system doesn't seem fully ready or well thought out. Separate shipping for bundled games sounds good until you realize your paying the same as if you ordered them separately. Their faq says Paypal might be usable with PD in the future, but it should have been ready when they implemented the new system. No one is happy when websites remove functionality . Maybe this was forced on LRG from above, or more likely it's just LRG doing things without thinking about it too hard again. Here's hoping LRG does the smart thing and either fix or get rid of PD as soon as possible. LRG doing the smart thing not likely I know, but I gotta have hope.

I just checked and add 2 preorders I was only chared shipping 1 time so you can bundle 2 preorder games no problem

Speaking of in stock items, has anyone's orders from the end of year % off sale shipped? I ordered on the 50% off day...and nothing.
Ordered the scott pilgrim case on the 30th and it just got to my local post office to be delivered on Tuesday. From NC to CA so that's why it took long but also they used DHL which is so slow. For the $6 in shipping I had to pay they should have used USPS all the way. Even UPS mail innovations/FedEx smartpost is quicker.

I just checked and add 2 preorders I was only chared shipping 1 time so you can bundle 2 preorder games no problem
I think the confusion is if you are choosing the together or separate option when shipping.. You can still bundle like you used to and they will ship them when both are ready. If you use the new separate option when bundling they ship them separately whenever they are on hand, but you are charged s&h for each game. I also just checked their site to make sure they didn't change it again when I wasn't looking, but I had 3 games in cart hit separate and it added 3 s&h charges. So if you want the same old bundling they still do that , but the new shipping option will cost you.

bread's done
Back