Linger in Shadows - Sony's "Amazing Game"...? -Video Inside-

Well, it definitely lives up to its tech demo status. Reminds me of those Mind's Eye videos from the early 90's.

About when the dog started flying through the air and the dramatic music swelled up, I started wondering if maybe getting people excited about this is just a prank. Where's the substance?

Yep, really nothing interesting. Seems more like a stupid experimental film rather than a game.

I suspect it's a tech demo of an engine, but they need to quite working on that tech demo and get back to work on the game itself, because honestly they show nothing in that tech demo that hasn't been seen elsewhere and presented better.

I do suspect we'll be seeing something involving a post apocalyptic world.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/...pre-e3-2008-linger-in-shadow-impressions.html

I guess they're releasing it on PSN sometime in the summer.
The result is Linger In-Shadow, a unique and stunning piece of PSN content that you'll be able to watch and have some limited interactivity by exploring the virtual environment that's been created
The video was pretty cool in a I-don't-know-what's-going-on-but-it's-still-rad sort of way and I'm very interested in checking out the "interactivity" of the tech demo.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Poor doggy... :'([/quote]

hehe I was thinking the same thing when i saw that too. I am curious to see what and how this turns out.

I had originally hoped that this was the next project from Team Ico....but was disappointed.

So this is going to be some kind of play novel then?

Interesting.

New interview.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34302.html

I'm having a hard time with this title - what exactly is "interactive digital art"? At only 20 to 35 minutes long, this does not bode well - it's only 9 minutes of actual visual. It sounds to me that it will be similar to the Dragon's Lair/Space Ace games.

EDIT: I just realized that if the game is really only 9 minutes, then we've all seen, what, 1/3 of the game from the trailer?

[quote name='thelonepig']New interview.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34302.html

I'm having a hard time with this title - what exactly is "interactive digital art"? At only 20 to 35 minutes long, this does not bode well - it's only 9 minutes of actual visual. It sounds to me that it will be similar to the Dragon's Lair/Space Ace games.

EDIT: I just realized that if the game is really only 9 minutes, then we've all seen, what, 1/3 of the game from the trailer?[/quote]

It isn't a game. It is ART. They (less then 10 people) are creating/painting with music, visuals, and code. Some will get it, some won't. Like all art. ;)

[quote name='NamPaehc']It isn't a game. It is ART. They (less then 10 people) are creating/painting with music, visuals, and code. Some will get it, some won't. Like all art. ;)[/quote]

Isn't that the truth.

I was intrigued because I wanted to find out how the mechanics of it was going to work, though I admit I was not drawn in by the previous trailer. I can't complain on the length either, really, due to the number of quarters I pumped into the old Don Bluth arcade games ($0.50 a pop?!). I'm still interested to find out if there is a story or its just a surreal collection of images that you interact your way through to get to the next area.

It can be what you want it to be, but I don't see it as art if it isn't intended as so. I see it more as a form of "look what this can do and we are doing it".

so did anyone get it?
i'm digging it. its not a game but a unique piece to experience. plus its got trophies that are relatively easy to get.

It's worth it for the initial 'WTF factor'... I still don't understand what the story means, but yeah... it's a trip, that's for sure. ;)

You can find all of them using the FF/rewind tools in conjuction with free look (the triangle button). You'll have to scan very carefully through the entire film; use the free look tool to search around. When you're close to one, the free look button will pulse. :)

[quote name='Kandal']i need help finding the hidden stuff. any tips and tricks would be appreciated.[/quote]

every time a camera angle changes to a new angle, pause and look around.

even though I hated the sixaxis functionality (doesn't feel right with the Dual Shock 3) I thought this demo/game was pretty unique and I wanted more.

alright thanks for the tips!

Edit: after reading the tip I went on the game and BAM got all 100% this GAME IS FREAKING AWESOME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic (the demosceners that made this...) have another project in the works known as Into the Pink. I've seen videos of it and it makes less sense than linger, but I want it. lots of cockroaches.

ALot of demoscene stuff originated from Commodore programming... if you see the stuff done now on the ol' C64 your mind would explode and break. I still can't beleive what I've seen that thing do.

srsly... game devs need to hire demoscene programmers for their graphics. games would look 10 times better than they do now on the same tech.

Every time I boot it up I get a message "Insufficient disk space to install trophies". Anyone else have this problem?

I have 10gb free on my PS3 and have deleted/redownloaded twice.

[quote name='smiggity']Every time I boot it up I get a message "Insufficient disk space to install trophies". Anyone else have this problem?

I have 10gb free on my PS3 and have deleted/redownloaded twice.[/quote]
Hmm... That is strange, I never got that message when I downloaded that game. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back