liongames.com/bioshock

lookitsrobss

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, I don't know if yall have heard but it seems that Bioshock has been released early, in other words being released today.

It appears that BioShock has changed it’s release date to today. There has no been any official conformation from Microsoft or Take Two and neither of their PR agencies are available for contact. However, many things are proving that this is true.
  1. Toys R’ Us in the United States has been selling copies today
  2. The commercial now says “Available Now” and this has changed from when I saw the commercial 2 hours ago (below)
  3. The game is driving the hype train after the demo and it would be smart to release today
  4. Ken from 2K has confirmed it according to unofficial NeoGaf sources // it matches with the commercials I’ve seen
I am personally trying to contact every gaming related person that would have knowledge on what’s exactly happening. But chances are we will get a press release later tonight or early Wednesday morning.
In Canada, these commercials can be easily spotted from the earlier ones because they also advertise the 360 price cut after the commercial. [I’ll try to tape it next time around]

Update: I have just gotten somewhat official information that the game will be sold through every store as of now that already has stock of the game and they will be shipping the game rapidly to all stores. They have advised that there will be alot of confusion among retailers and that due to these issues, you may not be able to get your copy until things have been cleared up.
I checked Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, Best Buy Canada, FutureShop and Walmart online stores and all dates are still indicating 08/21/07. I would guess this will be mixed by the morning. I can confirm for a fact that the “Available Now” commercials are real since I have seen them with my own eyes.
More Information as I get it!

Update 2: I’ve been calling/emailing around for the last while and there is no new information that we can get on this. We do know for a fact that the commercial is real, however we will have to wait awhile to get all the information.
Also if you are able to call around stores in your area and get some info, please post a comment on what you’ve heard. I have no stores in the area that operate 24hours unfortunately.

Update 3: Thanks to “Anon” we now have the BioShock - Available Now video from YouTube. I need to get abit of sleep now, and if they don’t clear up everything. I’ll try calling Take Two/2K and Edelmen to see if they have anything to share.

commercial thats show now available
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TteS...gamers.com/2007/08/14/bioshock-early-release/

http://the7gamers.com/2007/08/14/bioshock-early-release/

So does anybody know if we're going to get the game early as well [we as in
people who purchased bioshock from liongames.com]?

also people are reporting that if you go to a toys'rus, you can get the madden deal applied to this game as well if they are selling it.

Someone asked Tony this in the liongames thread and he said he would need official word from 2k to do this, something along the lines of that.

Have you read the Liongames thread? He posted that his distributor has not even received them yet. He can't send out something he doesn't have possession of yet. He's a small guy taking a loss on a product, waiting is part of the reason you get a good price.

[quote name='hoofrog']Local TRU says that it is still the 21st. They have it, just won't sell it.[/quote]
It was available for sale at my TRU (Catonsville, MD) at lunch today. They were practically begging me to buy it.

[quote name='cwalker3']It was available for sale at my TRU (Catonsville, MD) at lunch today. They were practically begging me to buy it.[/quote]

I hate you... and your "better than mine" TRU.... seriously though, congrats and I am jealous.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Have you read the Liongames thread? He posted that his distributor has not even received them yet. He can't send out something he doesn't have possession of yet. He's a small guy taking a loss on a product, waiting is part of the reason you get a good price.[/quote]

I wasn't complaining, I was just asking.:)

[quote name='hoofrog']I hate you... and your "better than mine" TRU.... seriously though, congrats and I am jealous.[/quote]
LOL, don't be too jealous - I didn't even buy it!

I'm surprised TRU is selling it, if that's true, and I imagine that's without the publisher's approval. Yes, I believe stores might in fact have it today as the EB/GS I checked Monday said they expected it to ship yesterday. However, as has been pointed out, it's still expected to sell 8/21 at most if not all retailers.

Regarding the commercial, I believe that's just like ads in magazines that hit newsstands before their issue date and advertise "available now" seemingly in advance of the official ship date. They just jumped the gun. Still, good for those who can get their hands on an "advance" copy. I'll wait for my LE from EB/GS.

i called my TRU ..they said that they had 6 and they were all sold out by 11 am today in whitehall , PA

[quote name='UncleGuito']This is the same guy that spread the rumors on GAF. Isn't true.[/QUOTE]

I just checked back with EB and, taken with a grain of salt as they're competitors, he said TRU will probably lose it's license to sell that publisher's games as it's in advance of the official street date.

Also, seems to me if it was official TRU policy than ALL U.S. stores would be selling it and not only a reported handful.

[quote name='UncleGuito']This is the same guy that spread the rumors on GAF. Isn't true.[/quote]which guy ?

As a preorderer of this game from lionsgames.com (placed months ago), as long as I get the game within about a week of its at-the-moment official release (8/21), I'll be fine. If it bleeds past Labor Day weekend, the teeth will start gnashing.

The $45 I paid (including shipping) is still better than the Madden deal, even in-store, as a.) there's still tax on that $90 for two 360 games and b.) I already have NCAA this year, and I don't need two football games less than a month apart, just to get a deal on a likely "Game of the Year" candidate.

I eagerly await the mid-September threads where the inevitable cred-seeking contrarians' 'BioShock-Wuz-Overrated' bitchfests spiral out-of-control.

Some CAG already got BIOSHOCK @ Toys R Us... I went to Toys R US NYC today and they didn't have any on the floor. I even ask the cashier lady if they have one... none!

KongaKing here at CAG got one... here's the picture he posted
HellYeah.jpg

just called mine they just told me not until the 21st so i dont know where u herd this but if you found it GJ!

[quote name='UncleGuito']This is the same guy that spread the rumors on GAF. Isn't true.[/quote]
WTH? There are non-isolated reports from several confirming sources on this one............

Well, had to bite. But unfortunately TRUs in my area aren't selling till 21st (they had prepared answers, so no doubt they've been deluged with calls). Wonder why corporate hasn't put a stop to those few outlets selling through? Oh, well. Those who got your hands on one, enjoy!!

Just to let you guys know I contacted Take 2 and the official street date is still August 21st. I will be shipping the game next tuesday

[quote name='liongames']Just to let you guys know I contacted Take 2 and the official street date is still August 21st. I will be shipping the game next tuesday[/quote]
Thanks Tony! The short wait is well worth it for the $20 savings. Thanks a ton!!!

Lion can you change your lair street date?

Lair
Release Date: 08/15/07

Its getting me excited even though I know it wont be out for 3 more weeks.

[quote name='liongames']Just to let you guys know I contacted Take 2 and the official street date is still August 21st. I will be shipping the game next tuesday[/quote]

aweeeeeesome

thanks tony
will be doing business again for sure
besides halo 3 which i bought from you too:D

:applause:

You haven't recieved the games ahead of time like TRU and EB/Gamestop have? I was just wondering if you had so you could ship it to arrive on the ship date; I don't care about getting it ahead of time- I'd just like to see it shipped ahead of time. If not, I understand and I still fully appreciate what you're doing for us customers. It was just a thought.

I like the bioshock slipcover, details like that make me appreciate the game/publishers/developers a lot more.

[quote name='traveler']You haven't recieved the games ahead of time like TRU and EB/Gamestop have? I was just wondering if you had so you could ship it to arrive on the ship date; I don't care about getting it ahead of time- I'd just like to see it shipped ahead of time. If not, I understand and I still fully appreciate what you're doing for us customers. It was just a thought.[/quote]

My distibutor didnt even get the game yet. I will have my halos early enough to ship one day early.

[quote name='liongames']My distibutor didnt even get the game yet. I will have my halos early enough to ship one day early.[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick response! Good to hear on the Halo stuff.

Early release is bunk. At least here it is. I've tried 3 different TRU, Framingham, Peabody, and Woburn. No luck. I got the same response from each one, "The release date is the 21st. Any TRUs that are selling it early is going to get fined." =(

I love the bullshit that GS EBgames employees come up with. They said the same thing to me--they'll lose their "license" to sell games and they'll get "huge fines" for breaking street date. They're also the ones that said that they could go to jail and get fined for selling an M rated game to anyone under 17. I just want my goddamned LE Bioshock! I hate preordering shit from GS. On all 3 occasions, the game was available sooner from other retailers. In one case, (warioware twisted), they got the game 2 days after target and sold it to me for $34.99 instead of msrp of $29.99. fuck all them

[quote name='aw004g']I love the bullshit that GS EBgames employees come up with. They said the same thing to me--they'll lose their "license" to sell games and they'll get "huge fines" for breaking street date. They're also the ones that said that they could go to jail and get fined for selling an M rated game to anyone under 17. I just want my goddamned LE Bioshock! I hate preordering shit from GS. On all 3 occasions, the game was available sooner from other retailers. In one case, (warioware twisted), they got the game 2 days after target and sold it to me for $34.99 instead of msrp of $29.99. fuck all them[/quote]

And this affects Bioshock and Lion games how? Or were you just having a temper tantrum?:hot:

Any average time on shipping of a game if you preorder? Im interested in halo3, just want to know how soon I can play it if I preordered online.
Found a topic, nevermind.

Has anyone's order shipped yet? I keep checking the tracker and, still, no luck. I don't really care so long as it's here by Friday, but I would like to know the estimated ship time and everything.

[quote name='traveler']Has anyone's order shipped yet? I keep checking the tracker and, still, no luck. I don't really care so long as it's here by Friday, but I would like to know the estimated ship time and everything.[/quote]

I just received a confirmation e-mail. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back