Lion's Gate Sale at Deepdiscountdvd.com - some titles as low as $4.39 (and free ship)

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I was browsing around at www.deepdiscountdvd.com (as if I didnt buy enough during the 20% off sale) and I noticed there are some good movies at pretty low prices in their Lions Gate sale section. Some highlights in my opinion are:

PLANET OF THE APES-ULTIMATE COLLECTION = $ 81.80
THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT = $ 4.39
AMERICAN PSYCHO (KILLER CE/UC) = $8.09
CABIN FEVER = $ 5.39
CRASH (WS) = $ 10.79
FRAILTY = $ 5.39
MAX $ 5.39
MONSTER'S BALL (SIGNATURE SERIES) = $ 8.09
PI/REQUIEM FOR A DREAM 2 PACK = $ 10.79
THE PUNISHER = $ 8.09
RAMBO TRILOGY (ULTIMATE EDITION) = $ 21.59
RESERVOIR DOGS (SE) = $ 8.09
SNL-BEST OF GIFTSET = $ 26.99
STARGATE (UE) = $ 5.39
STIR OF ECHOES = $ 5.39
TOTAL RECALL (SE) = $ 5.39
WAY OF THE GUN = $ 5.39

Just out of curiosity are you on a mailing list for these deals or do you just check the site often? If so I would also like to be on their list.

[quote name='Fire']http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=LGE01853

Is that the widescreen uncut version of The Devil's Rejects? I can't really tell if it is or not.[/quote]

Thats a good movie but I rather get the movie that inspired it - The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Strangely, that film appears to be out of print which makes me wonder if there is going to be a special edition coming out...

[quote name='Xevious']Thats a good movie but I rather get the movie that inspired it - The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Strangely, that film appears to be out of print which makes me wonder if there is going to be a special edition coming out...[/QUOTE]

Its not out of print I believe. They had a special edition come out when the remake came out (I bought both). And they are making an even more special edition available sometime this year.

That is a great price on Terminator 2 Extreme Edition. I recommend whoever doesn't have it, bite on this. Also to those people, why don't you own it yet???

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']These are all 10% off regular prices, i.e. not as good as the recent 20% off sale.[/QUOTE]

A few cents more. I ain't about to complain.

[quote name='doubledown']High Tension is a GREAT film, I recommend it[/QUOTE]

High Tension was good for the atmosphere and direction in the film, but it's a purely visual film and nothing more. If you do get this movie I recommend seriously turning your brain off. It's one of the few movies in recent times that have truly frightened me and not because of the blood. This movie had the perfect amount of scares and goriness, but - and I don't want to spoil the movie - but the plot twist at the end of the film is quite possibly the worst plot twist I have ever seen in any movie and the worst use of the plot device of MPD in any movie. Simply put, it was unnecassary and it is sloppy writing.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']These are all 10% off regular prices, i.e. not as good as the recent 20% off sale.[/quote]

Wait, "recent"? You mean the July sale ended before it even hits July?

$#(@*$&#(&(@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bomb:

[quote name='Watchman']Wait, "recent"? You mean the July sale ended before it even hits July?

$#(@*$&#(&(@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

It was actually a mid June sale like it was last year.

[quote name='projecteightysix']american psycho is now 9 something... i was looking forward to get it for 8. oh well.[/quote]
You can get it from overstock.com right now for $7.80 and free shipping.

LINKAGE

Add an item to your cart and check the 'Yes, I have a GC or Promo Code' box. Enter 73622, then continue onto the next screen. Now backup to the cart screen again, uncheck the box and check it again. This time enter 85704. Continue onto the next screen and you should see 10% off and free shipping.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL is a great title and people should definitely pick it up at the cheap price it is at now.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='SlaughterX']Everyone should check out Lord of War, great movie...[/QUOTE]

If you get Lord of War make sure you get the corrected 2.40:1 aspect ratio. The movie was originally released on dvd with a 1.78:1 aspect ration which wasn't the original aspect ratio. Therefore, the sides were chopped off. So look at the back and there should be a sticker over that old a.r that reflects the correction.

[quote name='SlaughterX']I've had the 2 disc special edition for months...[/QUOTE]

Yeah and it took them a while to correct the issue. I am just letting people know because when I ordered the 2 disc se from ddd I got the old version so I had to exchange it. When I was at Best Buy 2 out of the 3 copies they had were the old version. So the fix hasn't been widespread and it hasn't been very public either. Some people might not care but others may want to see the film how it was originally shot.

Ahh, well mine is 1.78:1, but I didn't notice the sides being chopped off (though I guess I wouldn't actually see that would I?)... Anyway I don't think there is much they can do when ordering online...

bread's done
Back