Lips: #1 Hits w/Microphone $24.99 FS at Newegg

I know this mic is supposed to be compatible with some Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, but does any one know which ones?

Good find OP. In for one. Party Classics is available stand alone, so more options on that one in the future hopefully, used if it comes to that. Gotta get some use out of the semi useless $10 Gamestop codes.

I'll be up to 4 microsoft Microphones when I get this bundle. Oh well, at least no wires now on 4 Player Guitar Hero 5 Karaoke nights!

Are there any other games where you can sing with all four players? Beatles is just 3 isn't it only on some songs? Band Hero maybe, haven't tried that or Lego Rock Band.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize the Lips series has gone this far already!

then again, it's a music/karaoke game, so I should've expected it -.-

[quote name='radjago']I know this mic is supposed to be compatible with some Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, but does any one know which ones?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PapaSmerf']http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessmicrophone/[/QUOTE]
Is this is the same mic that comes with the Lips games? TRU had the standalone one on sale for over a month for like $30 but I was reading some reviews on it and people were saying it worked fine with Lips but not so great with Rock Band. Since RB is my music game of choice, I'm hesitant now.

edit: and that review was after the patch.

The mic works just fine with Rock Band 2. Only small issue I have is that it is harder to get it to recognize the cowbell/tambourine taps. But you can just hit the A button on the controller instead. Having the mic wireless obviously makes it much easier to move around the room, be further away from the tv/xbox, and not have a wire for other people to trip over. If you find that the mic is too sensitive or not sensitive enough, remember that you can adjust those settings using the singer's controller.

I find the Lips mic to be a bit quiet when using it on Rock Band. When I use the regular wired mic, I can hear myself better while singing. It sounds just fine on the GH games though

I didn't think that the Lips series has gone this far already? Needs to think about it again.
o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back