Lips: I love the 80's w/microphone £14.98, or $22.18

I can still find the lips original double pack at my FYE for $30....I think im going to grab it soon

Shipping puts another 5 GBP for those in the US (who won't be getting the game). So 19.93 to be exact, with the Mic. $29.51 + Conversion Fees, which is cheaper than eBay.

I ordered it from Game last month and it took about a week for approval/shipping. And no, they have already announced that they are not bringing this disc out in the US.

Great deal for a 40 more songs......

just purchased the software only, and with royal mail shipping the total came out to $26.39, so not a big difference between the one with the mic, and one without.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the plunge and ordered. We'll see how much this ends up costing... 19.93 euros with mic. I'm expecting $26-28 total after my credit card takes their percentage of the adjustment.

[quote name='EvyLou']I ordered it from Game last month and it took about a week for approval/shipping. And no, they have already announced that they are not bringing this disc out in the US.

Great deal for a 40 more songs......[/QUOTE]

I'm in for one. Are the songs just audio or do they include the videos?

most lips songs include the videos. the ones that dont are typically the 60s ones and some 70s things, or anything that never had an original music video. i would expect most if not all of the 80s tracks to include them.

This is a great fun game, and does include most, if not all of the original video's as well. I wouldnt have bought any of the Lip's games if this one was not playable on the US version Xbox 360's.

Many believe that most or all of the songs will eventually be available for DLC and that is why the game is not being released in the USA.

Personally, I think its a huge mistake to only release this game in Europe, cause if i hadnt heard about the game accidently, i'd never looked at the series twice, cause i have little interest in music past the 1990's.

If you love music from the 80's this is a great disc to get you started on the series.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Shipping to the US is 4.95 pounds... so about $30 total with mike or $27 without.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gibbyva']Thanks OP, Total came to 17.93 Euro to the US[/QUOTE]

17.93 Euro is $23.19 according to Google.

Something's not right with one of the above posts, unless the difference is due to variance in shipping costs to different parts of the US.

Can't wait to see what the credit card company will charge for the conversion.

Thanks for the info! Just ordered one for myself. Since it's not coming to the U.S., this is a pretty good price considering how much all those songs would cost you as DLC.

Any suggestions of any other region-free UK exclusives from that site, or is there a thread for that?

Track listing:

The Look Of Love - ABC
Forever Young - Alphaville
Cruel Summer - Bananarama
Dreaming - Blondie
Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
You’re The Inspiration - Chicago
Don’t Leave Me This Way - The Communards
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
Boys Don’t Cry - The Cure
Let’s Dance - David Bowie
Whip It - Devo
Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
Rio - Duran Duran
Mirror In The Bathroom - The Beat
A Little Respect - Erasure
A Good Heart - Feargal Sharkey
Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
The Power Of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
Don’t You Want Me - Human League
Centerfold - J. Geils Band
Bad Reputation - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
Kids In America - Kim Wilde
Celebration - Kool & The Gang
Our House - Madness
Blue Monday ’88 - New Order
The Riddle - Nik Kershaw
Love Is A Battlefield - Pat Benatar
Roxanne - The Police
Don’t Get Me Wrong - The Pretenders
Super Freak - Rick James
Alive And Kicking - Simple Minds
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Gold - Spandau Ballet
Shout - Tears for Fears
Mickey - Toni Basil
Vienna - Ultravox
Don’t Go - Yazoo

My wife would love this but the kids will hate it!

With shipping to USA: UK£ 17.93 = 26.817901 U.S. dollars. Not bad for something that won't be released in US.
"Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing." Great!

They had some 360 clearance items that weren't released in the US (but region locked).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaxMoney']Damn, too bad they don't have this on the PS3[/QUOTE]

They do. It's called Singstar. All PS2 discs work with the PS3 versions of Singstar. They have an 80's disc that was released several years ago, plus other DLC songs.

[quote name='gantt']17.93 Euro is $23.19 according to Google.

Something's not right with one of the above posts, unless the difference is due to variance in shipping costs to different parts of the US.

Can't wait to see what the credit card company will charge for the conversion.[/QUOTE]

No, the one user doesn't know the difference between the Euro symbol and the POUND symbol. It's an English site that charges in pounds. The context of the two posts shows that (even though I posted it).

See several other posts below yours for someone else noting the conversion. It's a flat 4.95 pounds (not Euros) to ship outside of the UK.

I got the last copy of Lips #1 Hits (or whatever it's called) with a bundled mic from Target for $15 last week.

[quote name='skrutop']I got the last copy of Lips #1 Hits (or whatever it's called) with a bundled mic from Target for $15 last week.[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal, mine all sold out long ago

It IS only being released in Europe and Australia due to rights issues. The songs that they do have the rights for are being released as DLC - check the list for last month and this month. They will make a lot more money from this in the US.

I have it - shipped in by family in the UK. Love it - not stopped playing it since I got it (although the kids and the wife wish I would!!).

Can't beat it if you are over 30 and like to sing in the shower......

[quote name='Smokie99']I'm in for one. Are the songs just audio or do they include the videos?[/QUOTE]

Blue Monday has no video, and the Chicago song is a band montage. Otherwise, I think it's all original videos.

[quote name='LCS213']For anyone that's played both...what is the difference between Lips and Singstar?[/QUOTE]

Huge differences IMO.

I play both regularly.

Singstar has about 880 songs total. They have a huge backlog of PS2 discs that you can play on the PS3 versions. It shows the video while you're singing, although they really look like crap. Most videos are based on the original feed and are pretty rough looking. Singstar has support for recording a performance and putting a portion of it online. It also has the usual sing solo, battle modes, etc.

Lips IMO trumps singstar in the fact that it has WIRELESS mics. I think the UI is worse when trying to find a song, but I enjoy Lips more. The songs sound better. The videos look better. The different play modes are better. If Lips had more songs there would be no reason to even pick up Singstar again.

Do they have different achievements? I know the lips #1 hits just went off lips.

but either way I think I'm ordering this.

[quote name='Denbo32']Do they have different achievements? I know the lips #1 hits just went off lips.

but either way I think I'm ordering this.[/QUOTE]

You won't get any extra achievements for this one, since it's EU only. They added them for Party Classics and for #1 Hits - I think at 250 points apiece... But not for I

[quote name='crazedracerguy']You won't get any extra achievements for this one, since it's EU only. They added them for Party Classics and for #1 Hits - I think at 250 points apiece... But not for I

You can most definitely get the achievements for the 80s disc. I haven't earned any avatar items yet, but then again I don't modify my avatar very often.

Thanks, OP. I bit on the bundle, although I already have the mics from the original Lips. I guess it'll be a backup if Lips doesn't allow use of more than 2 mics.

I had to count the unique songs to see if it was worth it, though, given that 7 of the songs are on SingStar '80s. I guess iNiS had a little creative block when it came to selecting songs. Is "Rio" really such a classic that it must be in any '80s collection?

BTW Amazon UK had the same prices, but apparently won't ship to the US. Right wankers, the lot of them.

A little OT, but did Lips Number One Hits come out as a standalone disc? I've only ever seen the mic bundle here. This thread suggests there isn't a game-only SKU here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6423393

In America the only release was mic-bundle only. In the UK there is a standalone version. Not quite sure why they did that.

bread's done
Back