Lips: I love the 80's w/microphone £14.98, or $22.18

[quote name='gantt']Not sure if it's related - a week is probably the minimum shipping time - but Heathrow was shut for a bit last week due to Icelandicvolcanowithunpronounceablename.[/QUOTE]

It actually arrived 20 min. after I posted the message... I don't usually get packages that late but atleast I got it :p

I got mine in less than a week from the UK to IL, USA. Nice selection of songs, many of which are on the PS3 Singstar discs. Still, psyched to have it.

Seems like everyone who got it dispatched around 5/14 got theirs. Mine hasn't arrived yet but was disptached the same day.

Just a fair warning, I can't contact costumer service because i don't have a post code (my zip doesnt work)

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So the mic included is wireless, correct?

It looks like the price when up a few bucks but I think I'll still bite. I love me some 80's.[/QUOTE]

The version listed in the link that the OP provides is the one with the wireless mic. The price did not increase.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So the mic included is wireless, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes; I'm not aware of a wired Lips mic.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The version listed in the link that the OP provides is the one with the wireless mic. The price did not increase.[/QUOTE]

The mic bundle is currently 19.98 GBP. It was 14.98 GBP when posted.

[quote name='gantt']The mic bundle is currently 19.98 GBP. It was 14.98 GBP when posted.[/QUOTE]

No, it was not. The lower price was for the non-mic version. I bought this, with mic, the very first day this was posted.

[quote name='gantt']The mic bundle is currently 19.98 GBP. It was 14.98 GBP when posted.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I thought. It went up 5 euros or whatever. Either way that still a good deal if shipping still puts it at less than $30 U.S.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, that's what I thought. It went up 5 euros or whatever. Either way that still a good deal if shipping still puts it at less than $30 U.S.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen.

Pounds, not euros.
If shipping is still 5 GBP, the total is 25 GBP.

1 GPB = $1.45.

We're talking around $36.25 plus probably 3% in credit card fees.

[quote name='gantt']Not gonna happen.

Pounds, not euros.
If shipping is still 5 GBP, the total is 25 GBP.

1 GPB = $1.45.

We're talking around $36.25 plus probably 3% in credit card fees.[/QUOTE]
Dang.

Anyone else have a problem with Lips Number One Hits AFTER installing the patch to update Lips 80's on your U.S. Xbox 360? I can play #1 Hits fine through disc swap on 80s, but now I CAN'T play #1 Hits by itself anymore. When I try to enter "Sing" on #1 Hits, the Avatars in the corner just keep leaping and it won't enter the song menu.

I can still play all my Lips games through 80's disc swap, but seems messed up that I can't play the others without 80's anymore.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Anyone else have a problem with Lips Number One Hits AFTER installing the patch to update Lips 80's on your U.S. Xbox 360? I can play #1 Hits fine through disc swap on 80s, but now I CAN'T play #1 Hits by itself anymore. When I try to enter "Sing" on #1 Hits, the Avatars in the corner just keep leaping and it won't enter the song menu.

I can still play all my Lips games through 80's disc swap, but seems messed up that I can't play the others without 80's anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'll check this in a bit.

I don't have party classics but I have all the others.

I don't have a problem with Lips Number One Hits, but I got Number One Hits AFTER I got 80's.

I'm not sure if my having played the games in reverse order affected how the title updates worked compared to your situation. Is there a way to delete the title updates and then try to apply them in a different order?

Only thing I have ran into is that if I have 80's in the drive and have reached a Number One Hits era Achievement, like medals or star counts, I have to put Number One Hits into the drive and then sing a song from there to unlock the achievements. Playing 80's disc I have unlocked most of the achievements that are tagged as Party Classics achievements, so 80's and Party Classics seem to share more commonality than Party Classics and Number One Hits does.

Also I couldn't unlock any Avatar Awards (even the 80's specific ones) playing 80's till I played Number One Hits, now I can get them all.

I'm seeing no issues with what you described GunstarRed. I did notice a recent title update when I put in #1 hits. This had to have happened in the past 3 days or so.

Hmmm...problem seems to have gone away after I played the original Lips and downloaded the update for that, and went back and played 80's, then #1 Hits. Once I had all 3 patches, I can go back in to the "Sing" menu and play #1 Hits by itself again. Could have been an issue where it needed all 3 patches for all 3 Lips games I own. (???)

If anyone runs into a similar problem in the future, try updating all of your Lips games.

[quote name='GamerChris']my 80s disc doesn't recognize the original lips songs. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I had that problem too, but put in the original Lips, downloaded the update, then played 80s and it worked fine.

FYI to everyone: I highly recommend having a backup save file for Lips on USB Flash Drive. I've heard many stories of people's Lips' saves being corrupted. Also, ALWAYS back out to the title screen before you turn the game off since it randomly autosaves all the time.

[quote name='GamerChris']my 80s disc doesn't recognize the original lips songs. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I actually have the same issue. I need to have either Number 1 hits or the original in to see all discs. When I just have in the 80's. It can not see the original.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']Got it. Love it! I just need to track down Lips: Party Classics (at all or on the cheap)[/QUOTE]

I've tracked it down at Microcenter.com for $22.39. Haven't seen it any cheaper than this yet.

mine also does not recognize the original disk even after the update. I am not sure why but it's not the end of the world i guess

[quote name='Kezmer']mine also does not recognize the original disk even after the update. I am not sure why but it's not the end of the world i guess[/QUOTE]

Have you tried updating ALL of your Lips discs? Keep swaping them in and out of your system in sequential order until none of them have required updates anymore. For example, on my console, 80s did an initial update, then Lips 1 needed an update after that, then when I put 80s back in it needed yet ANOTHER update, etc.

For instance:
---------------
80s -> Number 1 -> Original Lips -> 80s -> Number 1 -> Original Lips (Repeat until there are no more updates)

Was a bit tedious, but now all my Lips games recognize each other. If that doesn't fix your problem, nothing probably can.

Make sure you only go back to the dashboard from the Lips title screen or your data could get corrupted.

that could be the problem because I only play #1 now or party classics from the 80's disc first and you just swap them out I will try putting them in and seeing if the updates come along. I know we put in the original not that long ago and it downloaded one, but I never put the other 2 in to check. thanks for the help I will let you know if it works

[quote name='GunstarRed']Have you tried updating ALL of your Lips discs? Keep swaping them in and out of your system in sequential order until none of them have required updates anymore. For example, on my console, 80s did an initial update, then Lips 1 needed an update after that, then when I put 80s back in it needed yet ANOTHER update, etc.

For instance:
---------------
80s -> Number 1 -> Original Lips -> 80s -> Number 1 -> Original Lips (Repeat until there are no more updates)

Was a bit tedious, but now all my Lips games recognize each other. If that doesn't fix your problem, nothing probably can.

Make sure you only go back to the dashboard from the Lips title screen or your data could get corrupted.[/QUOTE]

I had to clear my xbox cache and re download the power pack before the above steps worked. Also, appears party classics and 80's use the same update since I wasn't prompted for an update for the 80's after doing the classics.

bread's done
Back