Lips w/2 mics $19.99 YMMV

tukai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Best Buy in my area had Lips featuring Latin Music and 2 wireless mics for $19.99. I thought it was a great deal as 1 wireless mic by itself runs anywhere from $39-$50 bucks. They told me BB is trying to clear out their inventory of this. I snagged it because my wife loves Lips #1 hits and we needed a 2nd mic. I bought it in The Colony (north of Dallas) and they have a few scattered across the metroplex. I believe these mics are compatible with Rock Band 2

There was no sticker on the item. The area where it hung from had the sku # and clearance for $19.99 originally $69.99. when the associate looked it up on inventory screen, it showed only at a few stores. One store had 6 copies but it was priced at $34.99

I believe you are correct. All of the songs match up to the US version, but the back of the packahing is in Spanish. The game a yellow/blue sticker that says featuring latin music.

The one I saw in store was stickered $34.99 but I didn't attempt to ring it up. The track list was different from the U.S. version and was almost all songs in Spanish, although it did have a few of the same songs on the regular Lips. Still a good deal if you want two wireless mics. Those things always take me 10 minutes to synch up each time I play though.

I scored the spanish version for $8 or $9 in November. If your BB has a 75% Manager's Special bin, be on the lookout for it (as well as the old english version). If they were in the bin, they are more than likely all gone now at that great price (due to Xmas). I remember seeing them in October but passed them up then. I think that's when most BB's started putting them on some sort of clearance (either Manager's Specials or a markdown because the new version was out).

Also, good job MS by only including 1 mic with Lips:NOH! And you wonder why people are ripping you a new one in your own forums and others?

As noted, the Spanish verison varies a bit (some english songs taken off, replaced by latin songs).

I was going to grab it anyway for the mics, but then I noticed Kylie Minogue's Love At First Sight and Morcheeba's Rome Wasn't Built In A Day on there (songs you can only get in the U.S. by buying this version) as well as Earth Wind and Fire's Let's Groove and Ace of Base's The Sign (which is only DLC on XBL in the U.S.). Had to grab it! Sold the mics to 2 friends for $20 a piece and kept the disc.

$19.99 is still a great price (mics alone are worth about $25 a piece).

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got this for my kids for Xmas. I couldn't find the original version anywhere, and I ended up tracking down a new, sealed copy on Craigslist in another state. I called the dude, and we worked out a deal and he shipped it out to me in time for Xmas. The regular USA version goes for crazy bank on Ebay if it's new and sealed. At least they were going for around $80 ish before Xmas. I'm talking about the original version with the two mics. (not latin version).

I'd have no problem buying the Latin version for $19.99 tho, cause I wouldn't mind having some more mics as backup. My wife loves the game too.

bread's done
Back