List of all FREE! Playstation Network Store content

[quote name='mtxbass1']Isn't this just a portal so that you can play the available packs on PSN? The actual game requires questions.[/QUOTE]
according to many reviews its a full game just more similar to a mini game...like a glorified demo. and yes it purpose is to sell dlc to add to it but you don't have too.

Surprised this thread doesn't cover the free stuff on the EU PSN Store. There's a really badass Prince of Persia Dynamic theme for free there right now, along with a few other things that has been free for a long time like the Wakeboarding HD Dynamic Theme, World Cup Dynamic Theme, Motorstorm Arctic Theme, and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

If you haven't setup a user on your PS3 with a Euro PSN account (really easy to do and I'd lay it out here, but you smart folks can Google it yourself, there's guides out there) you're missing out. You can be in the US and have an EU account, you just can't purchase anything without a EU credit card on the store. Free stuff is still fair game though.

Edit, here you go, real quick and dirty guide: http://loot-ninja.com/2010/01/22/how-to-create-a-european-psn-account/

[quote name='cusoman']Surprised this thread doesn't cover the free stuff on the EU PSN Store. There's a really badass Prince of Persia Dynamic theme for free there right now, along with a few other things that has been free for a long time like the Wakeboarding HD Dynamic Theme, World Cup Dynamic Theme, Motorstorm Arctic Theme, and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

If you haven't setup a user on your PS3 with a Euro PSN account (really easy to do and I'd lay it out here, but you smart folks can Google it yourself, there's guides out there) you're missing out. You can be in the US and have an EU account, you just can't purchase anything without a EU credit card on the store. Free stuff is still fair game though.

Edit, here you go, real quick and dirty guide: http://loot-ninja.com/2010/01/22/how-to-create-a-european-psn-account/[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Would you kindly (know the reference?) try to come up with a master list of free EU content? :applause:

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Ahhh. Would you kindly (know the reference?) try to come up with a master list of free EU content? :applause:[/QUOTE]
Sure thing! I'll do that tomorrow.

FREE EU STORE CONTENT
Prince of Persia Trilogy Dynamic Theme
Motorstorm Arctic Edge Dynamic Theme
Wakeboarding Dynamic Theme
Wipeout HD Dynamic Theme
World Cup 2010 Dynamic Theme

Premier Manager Generic 1 Premium Theme
Sky Fighter Premium Theme

To setup an EU PSN account on a new user, follow this guide: http://loot-ninja.com/2010/01/22/how-to-create-a-european-psn-account/

That's all I could find, no free avatars, music, or multiplayer demos/beta at the moment. I check for new free themes weekly, so will reply with more if I find any. A lot of these have been free for some time, the only new one is the Prince of Persia one, and it's great!

The Sims™ 3 Eco Pack ($0.00)

Now your Sims can enjoy the newest member of the Toyota Prius family with this cool new pack! The pack includes environmentally conscience items so Sims can reduce their global footprint and feel good about it at the same time. Celebrate a greener tomorrow today!

Just to bump this thread.....old news but: Pain has a free axe level and move update. This is via software update and not the psn (i know).....but it is free

From the PlayStation Store newsletter:

Free Movie Brought to You by Toyota Highlander
Watch a FREE movie each week, courtesy of Toyota Highlander, starting February 15: The Da Vinci Code (week 1), Big Daddy (week 2), Ghost Rider (week 3), and Stranger Than Fiction (week 4).

30-day rental, 24-hour expiration after first view

[quote name='madbst']Free Modnation Racers Valentine's Day Mod and Kart just for this week, I'm assuming.[/QUOTE]At first, I couldn't find it in the ModNation listing because I thought it was supposed to be together in the same download. Actually, the add-ons are separate downloads.

ModNation™ Racers Lovebug's Swan Kart (Add-On Content)
ModNation™ Racers Lovebug Mod (Add-On Content)

Here's the dedicated thread:
Modnation Racers Free DLC mod and kart for PS3
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287164

I clicked on the ModNation icon in the "New Release" section and the Mod/Kart bundle was listed alongside with the individual Mod and Kart listings. I checked out the bundle only and after 'purchasing' it, the bundle listing disappeared but the 'red kart' overlay appeared on the individual Mod and Kart listings.

[quote name='eau']I clicked on the ModNation icon in the "New Release" section and the Mod/Kart bundle was listed alongside with the individual Mod and Kart listings. I checked out the bundle only and after 'purchasing' it, the bundle listing disappeared but the 'red kart' overlay appeared on the individual Mod and Kart listings.[/QUOTE]That's weird. I didn't see the bundle, so I just downloaded the content individually.

Yeah. I think the bundle listing is nothing more than a soft link to the two individual Mod and Kart listings. That explains why the bundle disappeared after the checkout and then the individual Mod and Kart were marked purchased.

[quote name='XP1']From the PlayStation Store newsletter:

Free Movie Brought to You by Toyota Highlander
Watch a FREE movie each week, courtesy of Toyota Highlander, starting February 15: The Da Vinci Code (week 1), Big Daddy (week 2), Ghost Rider (week 3), and Stranger Than Fiction (week 4).

30-day rental, 24-hour expiration after first view[/QUOTE]The film Ghost Rider is available for free rental this week. Either someone messed up the PSN newsletter or someone messed up the order in the third week.

The order is supposed to be: The Da Vinci Code (week 1), Big Daddy (week 2), Stranger than Fiction (week 3), and Ghost Rider (week 4).

[quote name='XP1']The film Ghost Rider is available for free rental this week. Either someone messed up the PSN newsletter or someone messed up the order in the third week.

The order is supposed to be: The Da Vinci Code (week 1), Big Daddy (week 2), Stranger than Fiction (week 3), and Ghost Rider (week 4).[/QUOTE]
Nice. Do they count towards the movie rental task completion for their rewards program? :lol:

[quote name='eau']Nice. Do they count towards the movie rental task completion for their rewards program? :lol:[/QUOTE]I'm not a PSN Plus member, so I don't know.

[quote name='eau']Nice. Do they count towards the movie rental task completion for their rewards program? :lol:[/QUOTE]

You probably already know by now, but they do. There was also a free SI Swimsuit Edition preview video that qualified, not sure if it is still there.

LBP DLC Costume
Re-release date: 03/30/2011
Release dates may vary, depending on your territory.

This item is available for a limited time only.
Available until: 04/05/2011
Price: £0.00 / €0.00 / US $0.00 / AUS $ 0.00 / NZD $0.00
Product compatability: LittleBigPlanet™, LittleBigPlanet™2
Included: Costumes

Free Realms came out today, it's a free to play MMO. It has trophy support too, but I think you have to be a premium member to get them, with memberships ranging from 9.99 (1 month) to 34.99 (lifetime), if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='tokyoterror']LBP DLC Costume
Re-release date: 03/30/2011
Release dates may vary, depending on your territory.
This item is available for a limited time only.
Available until: 04/05/2011
Price: £0.00 / €0.00 / US $0.00 / AUS $ 0.00 / NZD $0.00
Product compatability: LittleBigPlanet™, LittleBigPlanet™2
Included: Costumes[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, tokyoterror.

This is the Hessian Sackboy Fragrances. I just wanted to clarify that for thos that saw the info but weren't sure what it was for.

[quote name='Punluvin']Thanks for the heads up, tokyoterror.

This is the Hessian Sackboy Fragrances. I just wanted to clarify that for thos that saw the info but weren't sure what it was for.[/QUOTE]I can't find it. Where is it?

Under Add-ons > L > LittleBigPlanet, all the free items I see are:
  1. LittleBigPlanet™ Community Costume Winner (Add-On Content)
  2. LittleBigPlanet™ Creator Pack 1 (Add-On Content)
  3. LittleBigPlanet™ Kabuki Actor Costume (Add-On Content)
  4. LittleBigPlanet™ Sack-Eating Plant Costume (Add-On Content)
  5. LittleBigPlanet™ Sack in the Box Costume (Add-On Content)

EDIT: Had to search for "Hessian".
Here is the full name:
LittleBigPlanet™ PSP® MotorStorm® Hessian Costume (1.4 MB Required)

[quote name='XP1']I can't find it. Where is it?

Under Add-ons > L > LittleBigPlanet, all the free items I see are:
  1. LittleBigPlanet™ Community Costume Winner (Add-On Content)
  2. LittleBigPlanet™ Creator Pack 1 (Add-On Content)
  3. LittleBigPlanet™ Kabuki Actor Costume (Add-On Content)
  4. LittleBigPlanet™ Sack-Eating Plant Costume (Add-On Content)
  5. LittleBigPlanet™ Sack in the Box Costume (Add-On Content)
EDIT: Had to search for "Hessian".
Here is the full name:
LittleBigPlanet™ PSP® MotorStorm® Hessian Costume (1.4 MB Required)[/QUOTE]

It may not be up yet, but I read that they were putting it back online for a week.

[quote name='Punluvin']It may not be up yet, but I read that they were putting it back online for a week.[/QUOTE]So is this or is this not the one?
LittleBigPlanet™ PSP® MotorStorm® Hessian Costume (1.4 MB Required)

[quote name='XP1']So is this or is this not the one?
LittleBigPlanet™ PSP® MotorStorm® Hessian Costume (1.4 MB Required)[/QUOTE]

The content that is supposed to be released isn't what you mentioned (which is PSP content). The Hessian Sackboy Fragrance is an annually released April Fool's release for the PS3 version of Little Big Planet (and now Little Big Planet 2). At least that's what I've gathered from my searches on the net and the LBP forums.

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en/game_guide/ps3/downloadable_content/hessian_sackboy_fragrances/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Punluvin']The content that is supposed to be released isn't what you mentioned (which is PSP content). The Hessian Sackboy Fragrance is an annually released April Fool's release for the PS3 version of Little Big Planet (and now Little Big Planet 2). At least that's what I've gathered from my searches on the net and the LBP forums.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the clarification, but I am still wondering about why it says "Re-release date: 03/30/2011".

[quote name='madbst']Free Realms came out today, it's a free to play MMO. It has trophy support too, but I think you have to be a premium member to get them, with memberships ranging from 9.99 (1 month) to 34.99 (lifetime), if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I believe the 1 month membership is $4.99, as opposed to $9.99.

1 Month: $4.99
3 Months: $12.99
6 Months: $24.49
12 Months: $29.99
Lifespan of the Game: $34.99

Otherwise, it's free, but like you said, trophies require one of the subscription options.

[quote name='Ravenhood']I believe the 1 month membership is $4.99, as opposed to $9.99.

1 Month: $4.99
3 Months: $12.99
6 Months: $24.49
12 Months: $29.99
Lifespan of the Game: $34.99

Otherwise, it's free, but like you said, trophies require one of the subscription options.[/QUOTE]Ugh! When you run it, Free Realms adds the trophies to your trophy collection, so you are stuck at 0% if you never get the subscription. :(

[quote name='XP1']Ugh! When you run it, Free Realms adds the trophies to your trophy collection, so you are stuck at 0% if you never get the subscription. :([/QUOTE]

Still no LPB dlc yet...I know, it says release times vary...patience grasshopper...

here is the link to the LSP dlc http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en/game_guide/ps3/downloadable_content/hessian_sackboy_fragrances/ anyone have any info about when it will be up on the store?

Free Realms finally is up and running...got the best name ever, Jax Tinywood lol...kinda cant belive all the blue humor names you can come up with using the name wheel...guess they didnt think that one thru very well lol

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back