List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

In the US Dash

29zllv.jpg

I just noticed that there is a new picture on the Skittles ad in The Grid that says "Free Unlock" for Goat Simulator for September 5th. What does that even mean? Free for the weekend? Free full game unlock? Unlock goats in the game? Hmmm....

freeunlock.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://evolvegame.com/news/evolve-free-weekend-and-meteor-goliath-release

We’re very excited to announce that Evolve will be playable for free this weekend on Xbox One and PC. You can experience everything Evolve has to offer: Four Monsters, 18 Hunters across four unique classes, five game modes, 19 maps, and the newly released Hunt 2.0 - all playable for free this weekend. Following the free weekend, players that purchase the game will retain the progress they earn in the base game (not DLC unlocks).

Also this weekend, all Evolve players can experience the currently available DLC characters for free on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Starting at 12:01 AM PT on September 4, 2015 all Evolve players will gain access to the playable characters included in Evolve Hunting Season 1 and the playable Behemoth Monster for 24 hours. Starting at 12:01 AM PT on September 5, 2015, all Evolve players will gain access to the available playable characters from Evolve Hunting Season 2 for 24 hours.
In addition to the Evolve free weekend, the infamous Meteor Goliath (details below) will be made permanently available to all Evolve players, dropping absolutely free of charge on September 3rd, 2015.
EVOLVE is up. Showing free for the weekend.

EVOLVE is up. Showing free for the weekend.
There is still only the option to purchase the game at xbox.com, but on the console there is the option to Install or to "Buy a copy". Once the game goes officially free in a few hours, the website may update.

Not free, but a reminder if you haven't already gotten the $4.99 discount for Minecraft Xbox One, you might want to do that soon. It might expire tomorrow. Also, if you've bought any Minecraft Xbox 360 add-ons, some of the equivalent add-ons on Xbox One will be free.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/minecraft-discount-upgrade

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/dlc/Minecraft-Xbox-One-Edition/582e7bcc-11bc-4702-ab1b-b31566f8e327

Probably free game. Goat Simulator was IGN's free iOS game of the month for August. (http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/goat-simulator-free).
That would be nice, but it seems too good to be true for Xbox. Free iOS or Android games are one thing. I leaning more towards a weekend unlock. I hope you are right. We'll see tomorrow I guess. :)

Hopefully not just for those with that ad on the dashboard :(
Anyone on Xbox 360 should be able to get to the ad easily in The Grid. I don't know if Xbox One has The Grid.

On the Xbox 360 dashboard go to games -> Browse Game -> indie -> The Grid.

[quote name="CodeTrader" post="12901151" timestamp="1441297228"]I just noticed that there is a new picture on the Skittles ad in The Grid that says "Free Unlock" for Goat Simulator for September 5th. What does that even mean? Free for the weekend? Free full game unlock? Unlock goats in the game? Hmmm....

freeunlock.jpg
[/quote]
Btw, in that ad:

426f71e15b6348a43372d6626bdf1577.jpg

[quote name="CodeTrader" post="12902950" timestamp="1441372668"]Congrats! I play that most days, but haven't won yet.[/quote]

I'm guessing for USA

Anyone on Xbox 360 should be able to get to the ad easily in The Grid. I don't know if Xbox One has The Grid.

There's no Grid in Italy. Under games we only have featured, arcade and on demand. They removed the indie, add-on and demo pages a long time ago, for some reason.

EDIT: actually I just noticed the add-on and demo pages are in the main "games" section, without the need to open the browse games page. Still no indie games though

Castle Crasher Remastered Xbox One will be FREE for Xbox 360 owners until Sept 20th.

The game comes out Sept 9th.

http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2015/09/04/ccrreleasedate/?linkId=16823597

Castle Crashers Remastered on Xbox One will be $14.99 which is our usual cost of admission for this classic game baby. Howeverif you’ve previously owned Castle Crashers on Xbox 360, you shall receive our Thank-You-For-Saving-Our-Lives-That-One-Time special price of FREE THROUGH SEPTEMBER 20th with current Xbox Live Gold membership. Be sure to scoop it up early if you want to take advantage of that awesomeness. $0.00 for our game feels like a pretty good deal to me!!!!! (I’m not much of a businessman though!!!!)

[quote name="CodeTrader" post="12904035" timestamp="1441411724"]Castle Crasher Remastered Xbox One will be FREE for Xbox 360 owners until Sept 20th.

Castle Crashers Remastered on Xbox One will be $14.99 which is our usual cost of admission for this classic game baby. Howeverif you’ve previously owned Castle Crashers on Xbox 360, you shall receive our Thank-You-For-Saving-Our-Lives-That-One-Time special price of FREE THROUGH SEPTEMBER 20th with current Xbox Live Gold membership. Be sure to scoop it up early if you want to take advantage of that awesomeness. $0.00 for our game feels like a pretty good deal to me!!!!! (I’m not much of a businessman though!!!!)[/quote]

Yup I saw their post also, I'm not sure if I purchased the original game on my current account or not either way I'd pay 15$ for it oh launch day

Yup I saw their post also, I'm not sure if I purchased the original game on my current account or not either way I'd pay 15$ for it oh launch day
I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I bought Castle Crashers Xbox 360 on an old account that I don't use as my primary anymore. Is it possible to play the full version that I got from that other account w/ my current account? I know I could do that w/ Xbox 360, but I didn't know how it worked for Xbox One.

[quote name="CodeTrader" post="12904124" timestamp="1441416311"]I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I bought Castle Crashers Xbox 360 on an old account that I don't use any as my primary anymore. Is it possible to play the full version that I got from that other account w/ my current account? I know I could do that w/ Xbox 360, but I didn't know how it worked for Xbox One.[/quote]
Ya only problem with that is my other account got perma banned till the year 9999

I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I bought Castle Crashers Xbox 360 on an old account that I don't use as my primary anymore. Is it possible to play the full version that I got from that other account w/ my current account? I know I could do that w/ Xbox 360, but I didn't know how it worked for Xbox One.
On X1 licences works as long as you set the console as "home console" on that account. You can just login, add the console as the main one and then every account can use its games.

I don't own an X1 yet but friends told me it works this way, correct me if I'm wrong.

There is no Grid on Xbox One. Ads generally appear in one square each for the games, video, and app sections of the Store. As someone who won lots of stuff from Xbox I miss the ads.

Goat Simulator is free play for a day.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Goat-Simulator/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411498

http://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Goat-Simulator/e802e200-54ef-4fc6-a141-67e6dffadd8b

Does this mean we we get to keep the full version for free forever if you buy today or does the full version stop working after today? Hmmm...

The Xbox One page says *Free play day on September 5th, 2015 presented by Skittles. Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU.

Free play day, presented by Skittles Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat; your dreams have finally come true! Goat Simulator is all about causing as much destruction as you possibly can as a goat. Destroy things with style, such as doing a backflip while head-butting a bucket through a window, and you'll earn even more points! Key Features • You can be a goat • Get points for wrecking stuff • We've only eliminated the crash-bugs, everything else is hilarious

[quote name="GinsuVictim" post="12904523" timestamp="1441455355"]It sure looks like we get to keep the 360 version.[/quote]

When I try to buy the free full game it says 9.99 plus tax charged to visa card even though the website says free for both trial and game. Maybe I need USA account. No I'm not gonna make one just to get goat simulator for x360

Castle Crasher Remastered Xbox One will be FREE for Xbox 360 owners until Sept 20th.

Castle Crashers Remastered on Xbox One will be $14.99 which is our usual cost of admission for this classic game baby. Howeverif you’ve previously owned Castle Crashers on Xbox 360, you shall receive our Thank-You-For-Saving-Our-Lives-That-One-Time special price of FREE THROUGH SEPTEMBER 20th with current Xbox Live Gold membership. Be sure to scoop it up early if you want to take advantage of that awesomeness. $0.00 for our game feels like a pretty good deal to me!!!!! (I’m not much of a businessman though!!!!)
Locked after gold expires too?

Those iOS links all come up with errors for me
Yeah, it looks like CAG screws up the links.

Copy/paste these:

itunes.apple.com/app/id536573701?mt=8
itunes.apple.com/app/id536567955?mt=8
itunes.apple.com/app/id572515682?mt=12

itunes.apple.com/app/id473647429?mt=8
itunes.apple.com/app/id473666509?mt=8

bread's done
Back