List of all FREE Xbox Live Marketplace content (2.0)

Are those creators games actual Xbox Releases with full achievement lists or just some random free games that are on the store?
No achievements or online play. While I've never seen much of anything about Creator's Club mentioned it seems to me to be a sort of spiritual successor to Xbox Live Indie Games.

The way I look at it, they are primarily mean to be simple "pick up and play games" and the cost of entry is basically just time and curiosity since so many are free. Doing reviews of indie games for years a lot of them are in fact garbage but every now and then you find a gem. Those gems sometimes still look like turds... but gems all the same.

They haven't announced platforms but this may be coming to Xbox next weekend:
49e6ead2c778b66528401c7304e8251c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Are these live yet? When I click the purchase button they do not appear to be free.
Doesn't seem like it. It technically doesn't go free until the 16th.

I'm assuming you're in the US. Race the Sun was GwG last Nov and Cobalt has been listed here in the past so you may have them both already. I have Cobalt already but it only gives me the option to buy and not even to dl.

Doesn't seem like it. It technically doesn't go free until the 16th.

I'm assuming you're in the US. Race the Sun was GwG last Nov and Cobalt has been listed here in the past so you may have them both already. I have Cobalt already but it only gives me the option to buy and not even to dl.
Guess I should have checked my dashboard, yep already have 'em.

Hitman 2:

January 22nd: For anyone that doesn’t own HITMAN 2, the entire Hokkaido Legacy Location (including the Snow Festival) can be downloaded and enjoyed for the duration of the event. This free trial will be available to download on January 22nd at 13 UTC for Xbox One and PS4 players and 18 UTC for PC players. The trial will end at the same times on February 12.
Progress will carry over to the main game.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-13/

Hitman 2:

January 22nd: For anyone that doesn’t own HITMAN 2, the entire Hokkaido Legacy Location (including the Snow Festival) can be downloaded and enjoyed for the duration of the event. This free trial will be available to download on January 22nd at 13 UTC for Xbox One and PS4 players and 18 UTC for PC players. The trial will end at the same times on February 12.
Progress will carry over to the main game.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-13/

Lazy Link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hitman-2-snow-festival/bw1dnd12drs8?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

Play Dragon Ball FighterZ Free This Weekend with Xbox Live Gold

Starting Thursday January 24 at 12:01 a.m. PT and running through Sunday, January 27 at 11:59 p.m. PT, Xbox Live Gold members can take part and engage in these spectacular battles with a powerful assortment of fighters that make Dragon Ball the legendary franchise that has captivated people worldwide. Xbox Live Gold members can also take advantage of some great discounts on multiple versions of Dragon Ball FighterZ, like 60% off the standard edition, 50% off the FighterZ Edition, and 50% of the Ultimate Edition.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/01/23/play-dragon-ball-fighterz-free-this-weekend-with-xbox-live-gold/?irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7794_1246483&tduid=(ir__3c196a0av9kfrnza0er6am96sn2xhr9gbdvsdfhh00)(7794)(1246483)(%28fb808a1ba9d4bfd6dc0643253800052f%29%28266696%29%282142931%29%280c003m8hehll%29%28%29)(fb808a1ba9d4bfd6dc0643253800052f)&irclickid=_3c196a0av9kfrnza0er6am96sn2xhr9gbdvsdfhh00

Play Gears of War 4 Free This Weekend with Xbox Live Gold

This weekend, Xbox Live Gold members can enjoy Gears of War 4 for free with Xbox Live Gold’s Free Play Days. From January 31 at 12:01am PT to February 3 at 11:59pm PT, you can experience the beginning of a new saga for one of the most acclaimed video game franchises in history. Now is the perfect time to get ready for Kait’s journey to save what remains of humanity in Gears 5.

You can also try your hand in all of Gears of War 4’s multiplayer modes, including VersusHordeEscalation and experience why playing Gears online is more exciting now than ever.

Since its release, Gears of War 4 has gone through tons of free updates, including getting Xbox One X Enhanced to run up to 60fps in true 4K and with HDR support, and adding co-op specific achievements for you and a friend to unlock this weekend.

If you want to fully immerse yourself in the Gears saga after the Xbox Live Gold Free Play Days end, Xbox Game Pass members can play every Gears of War game – so you can continue to unlock everything in Gears of War 4 after the free weekend and get caught up with the entire franchise ahead of Gears 5.

Download Gears of War 4 today by clicking on the Gold Member area on the home dashboard or directly from the Microsoft Store.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/01/29/play-gears-of-war-4-free-this-weekend-with-xbox-live-gold/

Wow, usually when they announce GwG this close to the end of the month, it's usually a crap month for games.   But this seems to be a really good month, especially with Bloodstained and Bomberman included.

Kinda wondering how Jedi Academy will hold up.  Tried Mercenaries when it was GwG and that looked horrible on XB1 IMO.

Kinda wondering how Jedi Academy will hold up. Tried Mercenaries when it was GwG and that looked horrible on XB1 IMO.
First of all Im thilled to see that we are getting more of 1st Gen Games as GoW. Second of all, you cant expect the first Gen of Xbox games to have imba graphics just because you can play it on the Xb1. you have to remember some of the games you get thats for the first generation of Xbox as BW game, are almost 20 years old. so the graphics has changed alot. thats why so many games comes out as Remastered and such. Just be happy and proud that you are owning the ONLY game console that can play all generations of games on the latest generation of console. And that they always work to improve it for us users.

Coz Im for sure am that proud of being a Xbox gamer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back