List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='playing mantis']Anybody know of any free games or DLC from other regions?
[/QUOTE]

Japanese marketplace has lost odyssey DLC we don't have and works with the US game.

[quote name='Alex2290']Thanks! Downloaded Forza Motorsport 3 LCE Theme[/QUOTE]

Hmm I think I have this but do you have a link so I could look, (couldn't find it).

I know last year they had an Audi sports illustrated theme with the 2009 calendar. I have looked and could not find one for 2010. Any word on doing this again.

[quote name='emperor922']db raging blast - warriors of justice and dante's inferno free soul pack[/QUOTE]

I did not know of this! Thank you very much!

[quote name='gmac']Click on the link at the first page to get the forza theme[/QUOTE]

Duh, oh I'm an idiot, thanks. *smacks forehead*

Hi guys,

I have information concerning avatar awards for Darwinia+ and one new game, which isn't mentioned here yet.

First Darwinia+, you get a t-shirt for:

- completing the Multiwinia Tutorial (black shirt with red darwinian)
- completing the single player campaign (black shirt with green soldier, same as boxart)

The second game which has awards is the newly released Lazy Raiders. You get:

- explorer suite when buying the game (the same as the protagonist is wearing)
- explorer hat by finding all the relics (you get one every five levels and there are 80 levels, so 16 total)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hawaiian']I just found out that you can download the "Brawler Pack" (originally part of the Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition, also available for 320 MSP) for free from this link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0006-0000-4000-8000-0000434307e1
I think this is an error on the Xbox Live Marketplace so grab it as long as it's available.

Enjoy the alternate costumes for Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the mention of this. I downloaded the pack successfully. It saved me from using the code in my collector's edition. Also, on another note, I noticed three items for Risen that were free the other night. A registration pic for a contest, gamer pics, and a regular theme were available. Here is a link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585708a1/

[quote name='Hawaiian']I just found out that you can download the "Brawler Pack" (originally part of the Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition, also available for 320 MSP) for free from this link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0006-0000-4000-8000-0000434307e1
I think this is an error on the Xbox Live Marketplace so grab it as long as it's available.

Enjoy the alternate costumes for Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I downloaded it despite me not having the game.

Im sad I missed out on Carcassone, a bunch of my friends got it and im wondering if I should just outright pay for it.

[quote name='Danro']Im sad I missed out on Carcassone, a bunch of my friends got it and im wondering if I should just outright pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Its ok. I got sick of it after a while, but if your friends play with you, it will be fun.

I'd like to see Stratego though...

I found Carcassonne to be one of the games that I really enjoyed on XBLA like Catan, Pac Man CE, Assault Heroes, Doom, UNO, Worms, and Bomberman Live. I usually play against 2 or 4 normal or hard AI with the river and sometimes kings and baron add on enabled.

I love Carcassone. Friends and I decided to play it while drinking and had a blast. Now its just one of our favorite XBLA games of all time. Very relaxing.

Toy Soldiers Has avatar achievements. add to avatar/apparel.

M 1917 Gas Mask - Gas Mask Worn During World War 1
Pickelhaube - Complete The Campaign

Also add Tinker For PC is Free (Games For Windows Live) This game you can have the achievements added to your live account. Add this for Arcade games free.

For anyone interested the avatar awards looks like this

Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth 2 - Aragorn's Journey - Map Pack 1
Street Fighter IV - Brawler Pack

Brawler pack isn't free, and I can't find Aragorn's Journey Map Pack 1 on the marketplace nor is it on the xbox.com website.

Edit: I found another thing, what is Gears >if< War 2 - Flashback MP Pack ;)

[quote name='emperor922']db raging blast saiyans pack and the lord of the rings aragon pack and street fighter brawler pack can only be accessed for free by certain links[/QUOTE]

When trying to download the Aragorn pack I get:
This offer is not valid in your region, or it has expired.

So I'm guessing this is no longer available.

I can't dl it either, but it turns out all the Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast DLC is free right now.

LOTR: Conquest: Hero Arena bonus is also free

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']When trying to download the Aragorn pack I get:

So I'm guessing this is no longer available.[/QUOTE]

I just downloaded brawler pack from that link

[quote name='emperor922']db raging blast saiyans pack and the lord of the rings aragon pack and street fighter brawler pack can only be accessed for free by certain links[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the link(s)! Though, I'm getting the same error above for the Aragorn's Journey map pack.

By the way..
To get the Gas Mask Avatar Award (Toy Soldiers) all you need to do is buy the game and start it (you also unlock a gamer picture).

Also, Battlefield Bad Company 2 unlocks a Premium Theme. Don't know if just by starting a game or by soem specific achievement, but I played a few matches online, played up to the second mission, before noticing the theme. When I was checking my HDD, I noticed I had 2MB on Themes; which was weird since I have all themes in a secondary memory unit, so I check it was from the game. Thought it was just a regular theme, because of the size..but when I chose it to see it, it also had backgrounds in the Friends secion (tanks, vehicles behind my friends' avatars). The small size seems to be because it only has one background (sky during night with stars and helicopters)

Found this while searching for pics of the Toy Soldiers Avatar Awards.

As you may be aware, Xbox Live is currently underway with it's Block/House Party in which you will get 4 great arcade games and more over the course of the next month... but what you might not have known is that just for downloading the trial or full versions of the 4 Block/House party games - you will get yourself a free Avatar Prop. What that is to be is not yet known.

When you play each game you will get part of a redemption code which will be used to claim your free prop. Apparently though quantities are limited so don't delay on your chance to grab one.

Source

screenshot.php

/edit:sorry about the huge image I'm hotlinking it.

/edit: /edit: so apparently Block Party is House Party in the UK. No idea if the Avatar award will apply to the US.

I have a US account and I can verify that the same basic message is listed when you go to the "block party" panel in the spotlight channel. Has anyone tried Toy Soldiers and seen how this code works?

Well, two things:
  • The "Block Party codes" are also in the US. They are not "given per se" (as in email or game message). Rather, after buying the game or downloading the trial, you have to go to the Games section and scroll all the way to the end of the ads/boxes..it will show an "ad" with the first part of the code on it. You have to write down that code, then the next week do the same with Scrap Metal (get game or trial, look for the code, write the code)..then the same with Perfect Dark..and then with the Game Room app. Once you have all 4 parts of the code, put all the 4 parts together in the same order you got them, redeem it and get you avatar prop.
  • i mentioned something earlier, about a Battlefield Bad Co. 2 Premium Theme..but it seems is not free..or something..For some reason I have the theme, is not in my Download History, it doesn't appear as if I downlaoded it already..it was just there. None of my friends with the game have it neither..it costs 240 Microsoft Points...hmm...

Thanks for the heads-up on Tinker, but damn, that's a hard game. Completed the tutorial set and set 01. May not worry about the rest.

[quote name='feonando']Well, two things:
  • The "Block Party codes" are also in the US. They are not "given per se" (as in email or game message). Rather, after buying the game or downloading the trial, you have to go to the Games section and scroll all the way to the end of the ads/boxes..it will show an "ad" with the first part of the code on it. You have to write down that code, then the next week do the same with Scrap Metal (get game or trial, look for the code, write the code)..then the same with Perfect Dark..and then with the Game Room app. Once you have all 4 parts of the code, put all the 4 parts together in the same order you got them, redeem it and get you avatar prop.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty good description. Here's a pic someone posted on another message board. I got the same partial code. I wonder if any part of it will be unique.

0304000037.jpg

[quote name='dwb6']i got the trial of the game but it hasnt shown up. i even reset my xbox but still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Dumb question I know but did you play it?

[quote name='Kevlar281']Dumb question I know but did you play it?[/QUOTE]

ya, played a full game. guess it isnt a huge deal since it doesnt seem like the code will be unique

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It'd be cool if the free prop is an arcade cabinet...since you know the arcade room they're launching.[/QUOTE]

i guess anything could be better than those new years glasses...

Not sure if this still works for other folks. But I did use the link posted here shortly after this was posted and it worked for me. So thanks man.

[quote name='Danro']Im sad I missed out on Carcassone, a bunch of my friends got it and im wondering if I should just outright pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it. I play everyday and never have trouble finding a game during the prime time hours. Quite a few CAGs like to play as well. We held a Carcassonne Tournament awhile back.

Yeah that tournament was pretty cool even though I got eliminated in the first round. I always can't master getting the most farms yet ironically as I'm a farmer in real life. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back