List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free wolverine claws for your avatar on Xbox dashboard ad.

You will have to watch the video.

Enjoy!  :cool:

Edit: Already mentioned, Sorry!  :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not working for me ? is it need to be in the console ? or tru HTML on the pc ?!?
It does work really easily on the console (just be sure you delete the disc install if you did that otherwise it just wants to "play now"). But on the console it just shows up as "Free". I guess on xbox.com it still shows $19.99 until you switch to MS points.

Not working for me ? is it need to be in the console ? or tru HTML on the pc ?!?
It does work really easily on the console (just be sure you delete the disc install if you did that otherwise it just wants to "play now"). But on the console it just shows up as "Free". I guess on xbox.com it still shows $19.99 until you switch to MS points.
I just tried with my US acount and it says 19.99 so it is region lock maybe since i´m in Portugal using na us acount in xbox. :bomb:

I just tried with my US acount and it says 19.99 so it is region lock maybe since i´m in Portugal using na us acount in xbox. :bomb:
Its gold exclusive.

So I'm still a newbie to this, but what is the two controller trick/how do you do it? I've seen it mentioned a lot but I can't find instructions on how to do it anywhere.
First find the ad your targeting and open it up. Then on your 2nd controller sign into the account you want to download the prop for. Then sign out of your first controller and you should be able to download it with your second controller (dont worry, you wont be sent to the dashboard). Might sound a little confusing because of the wording but it's actually pretty simple.

I've only gotten it to work through different regions when the ad is actually available on US accounts anyway and I just couldnt find them. I got the CCM hockey stick and Cadillac ATS props through my Canadian account and then had both ads show up on my US account soon after. If its not a valid offer in the US the trick wont work unfortunately.. but I always try anyways.

Hope that helps.

So I'm still a newbie to this, but what is the two controller trick/how do you do it? I've seen it mentioned a lot but I can't find instructions on how to do it anywhere.
First find the ad your targeting and open it up. Then on your 2nd controller sign into the account you want to download the prop for. Then sign out of your first controller and you should be able to download it with your second controller (dont worry, you wont be sent to the dashboard). Might sound a little confusing because of the wording but it's actually pretty simple.

I've only gotten it to work through different regions when the ad is actually available on US accounts anyway and I just couldnt find them. I got the CCM hockey stick and Cadillac ATS props through my Canadian account and then had both ads show up on my US account soon after. If its not a valid offer in the US the trick wont work unfortunately.. but I always try anyways.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! :D I'll have to try it out next time I hear about something.

New ad for "The Wolverine" watch a trailer to get Wolverine claws for your Avatar!

(Found on US Dashboard in the games section on the demos page, could possibly appear elsewhere.)

Also watch the trailer once a day to get entries to win a lifetime of Xbox Live Gold! (You'll get 58 years worth)
Just did the two controller trick it does also work for EU people (got the claws on my EU account after finding the ad on my US account)

Doesn't work for people outside US with US id probably

CONFIRMED.

You have to use a VPN in order to get it. Use Hotspot shield works like a charm.

works in germany, spain, italy, UK and france without VPN....supposed to be free for limited time.
What is supposed to be free? The wolverine claws or Fable 3?
Both and both works for EU people =O

CONFIRMED.

You have to use a VPN in order to get it. Use Hotspot shield works like a charm.

works in germany, spain, italy, UK and france without VPN....supposed to be free for limited time.
What is supposed to be free? The wolverine claws or Fable 3?
"supposed to be free for limited time", as in Fable 3 has been confirmed to be not a mistake?

EDIT:

Two free games every month for Gold members.

Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 to be free.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4413668/xbox-live-gold-free-games-promotion-e3-2013

Doesn't mention Fable 3, though.

EDIT:

This source has more details and talks about Fable 3:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/Press/2013/Jun13/06-10Xbox360E3PR.aspx
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/x360-xbox-360-e3-2013-reveal

"As a message of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member — new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month starting July 1 until Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold will receive a free download of “Fable III.”[3] In addition, for a limited time gamers can get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play “Killer Instinct: Round One,” with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.

[3] “Games with Gold” free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for paid Gold members only. Xbox 360 games (selected by Xbox) available for free download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. See xbox.com/live."

It says until Dec. 31, 2013. :( :(

[quote name="XP1" post="10609797" timestamp="1370884669"][quote name="Antarael Dulacre" post="10609602" timestamp="1370882492"]
[quote name="XP1" post="10609551" timestamp="1370881901"]
[quote name="Razorleaf" post="10609527" timestamp="1370881452"]
[quote name="Pakhair" post="10609210" timestamp="1370874341"]
[quote name="Pakhair" post="10609210" timestamp="1370873479"]
[/quote]
CONFIRMED.
[/quote]

[/quote]
What is supposed to be free? The wolverine claws or Fable 3?
[/quote]
[/quote]
"supposed to be free for limited time", as in Fable 3 has been confirmed to be not a mistake?[/quote]

Yep, They are also starting a system similar to PS Plus where Gold Members get two free Games on Demand every month, and it looks like they get to keep them even if their membership expires, unlike PS Plus. The first two are supposed to be Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 3

New ad for "The Wolverine" watch a trailer to get Wolverine claws for your Avatar!

(Found on US Dashboard in the games section on the demos page, could possibly appear elsewhere.)

Also watch the trailer once a day to get entries to win a lifetime of Xbox Live Gold! (You'll get 58 years worth)

Sweet, thanks for that! Got one for me and my husband.

I doubt I'll use it though since I no longer have the Halo banshee item on my hard drive. It's just on my avatar and nowhere else lol. It's not even in the marketplace to re-download, sheesh.

Sweet, thanks for that! Got one for me and my husband.

I doubt I'll use it though since I no longer have the Halo banshee item on my hard drive. It's just on my avatar and nowhere else lol. It's not even in the marketplace to re-download, sheesh.
If you remember when you first downloaded it, you could go through your purchase history and redownload it that way!

AC 2 and Halo 3, Have both Damn. couldn't they give something else lolz.

+ What does the mate mean by this "Also watch the trailer once a day to get entries to win a lifetime of Xbox Live Gold! (You'll get 58 years worth)" NOT CLEAR

+ What does the mate mean by this "Also watch the trailer once a day to get entries to win a lifetime of Xbox Live Gold! (You'll get 58 years worth)" NOT CLEAR
How is that not clear?
Each time you watch, you get an entry. The prize is lifetime Gold (which equals 58 years).

AC 2 and Halo 3, Have both Damn. couldn't they give something else lolz.

They are going to give 2 games a month, those 2 were just some examples and they did not say those were the first 2 just that they were a couple of the free titles they would have in the coming months.

Hope that helps.
Once wiki editing is returned to us, I (or anyone else) should be sure to add this, as it really is pretty impossible to search for...

EDIT: And a note on the trick, based on my experience, it works for props, but not for shirts...

Its gold exclusive.
Thanks. Activated a free month code, and now it works.

Giving me hard time quoting, but okay guess using 2 week Gold Trial doesnt work for buying Fable III Gold Exclusive.
Someone on CAG said that 2-day and 14-day trials do not work. One person from SD said that his 14-day trial from the Doritos Toy Soldiers & The Maw promotion worked. YMMV.

Joy Ride Turbo is free for Japanese Xbox Live Gold members.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Product/Joy-Ride-Turbo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125e

On the Canadian Xbox Live Marketplace there is a Subway ad that mentions a free monkey avatar prop. It says coming soon.

http://www.themexbox.com/forum/index.php?topic=4948.0

Also, there is a Wolverine avatar shirt on the UK dashboard.

http://www.themexbox.com/forum/index.php?topic=4953.msg75213
Oh man no way I'm checking ALL my accounts now. Thanks a whole lot for this. About time you really get rewarded for being gold.

Joy Ride Turbo is free for Japanese Xbox Live Gold members.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Product/Joy-Ride-Turbo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125e

On the Canadian Xbox Live Marketplace there is a Subway ad that mentions a free monkey avatar prop. It says coming soon.

http://www.themexbox.com/forum/index.php?topic=4948.0

Also, there is a Wolverine avatar shirt on the UK dashboard.

http://www.themexbox.com/forum/index.php?topic=4953.msg75213
Oh man no way I'm checking ALL my accounts now. Thanks a whole lot for this. About time you really get rewarded for being gold.
You have Gold on all your foreign accounts?

Sweet. Looked through some of the thread and I actually didn't know about the Intel discovered game, pretty awesome Download! For whatever reason, i couldn't get the GFWL games to work, but whatever. I am just wanting to add my input, it's an app that has achievements. It's free, but you can pay to get the achievements faster, that's all it does. Karoeke. It has achievements on it and all that. I dont know how it wasnt posted before :)

There's a free Dexter Gamer Picture and Theme Pack available through the dashboard. Xbox.com won't work unfortunately.

Search for latest gamerpictures/themes and look for Showtime 2013 Dexter. It's not available everywhere, I downloaded it with my US account.

Showtime 2013 Dexter Gamer Pic Pack

banner.png

Showtime 2013 Dexter Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwwUKVq26gc

There's a free Dexter Gamer Picture and Theme Pack available through the dashboard. Xbox.com won't work unfortunately.

Search for latest gamerpictures/themes and look for Showtime 2013 Dexter. It's not available everywhere, I downloaded it with my US account.

Showtime 2013 Dexter Gamer Pic Pack

banner.png

Showtime 2013 Dexter Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwwUKVq26gc
Thanks for showing what the pics and theme look like.

If I was more computer savy and knew how to do that stuff, I would do it as well.

Cheers

Hope that helps.
This trick also works with one controller.

Go inside the ad to where the download button is located.

Push guide button (X-Box Logo) to open guide.

Push X to log out.

Choose yes.

Choose Sign in.

Choose account you want the prop on and Sign in.

Push guide button (X-Box Logo) to close guide.

Download Item.

For other accounts you just have to rinse and repeat.

Make sure you do not leave the ad, because then it will reset the dashboard.

Don't see why you should struggle with 2 controllers when it can be done with just one! :)

I own Battlefield 3 (PS3) and had never played it - so I had to install all these updates, then buy the online pass (free) from the game menu, then access the in-game store and choose Close Quarters.  And that worked...but it took awhile.  You have to do it all from the in-game menu, you can't do it without owning the game and having it loaded up in the system (to my knowledge).

Battlefield 3 Close Quarters dlc is currently free in the in-game store for Battlefield 3.
I can't find it in the store, where is it?
In game store after you launch the game. Its not listed on the XBL Marketplace.
I did, and it 's not there. All the other DLCs are there, but CQ don't.
Maybe try downloading this first? http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Battlefield-3-Close-Quarters-content-update/19633d77-d2d5-478e-bf6d-dc1729bf3dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back