List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to download it yourself, and I think (could be wrong), that the download is only available (for free, of course) when there is a season in session.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']You have to download it yourself, and I think (could be wrong), that the download is only available (for free, of course) when there is a season in session.[/QUOTE]
You're right. The only time you can download 1 vs 100 is when the season is about to start.

[quote name='Andami']You're right. The only time you can download 1 vs 100 is when the season is about to start.[/QUOTE]

Any idea when the season will start?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']When I transfered my old hard drive to my new console it told me Hexic HD already existed and if I wanted to replace it.

It also said the same thing about Peggle though…[/QUOTE]

I got the same message with Peggle when I installed my files on my new slim, but I do have a full version of Hexic HD on the console that I didn't previously own. There was also a couple of trial games pre-installed.

[quote name='Skram']Do you mean a picture of your Avatar for your gamerpic or do you mean a gamerpic from the movie Avatar or could you mean Avatar Last Airbender gamerpic? The first be free and you just go to your edit Avatar thingy and the other 2 I have no idea.[/QUOTE]
James Camerons Avatar gamerpics does anyone have a link?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yes.[/QUOTE]
Well I ended up finding it. It doesn't show in my game library, but I looked in my memory and I found it on the drive. I then looked in my full arcade game collection and viola.

There's a disc image floating around on the internet somewhere that has all the free XBLA games released on it - including Hexic HD, and even the Yaris and Dash of Destruction games MS pulled from the marketplace. Burn it onto a CD or DVD, and you can play them right off the disc.

[quote name='BitLooter']There's a disc image floating around on the internet somewhere that has all the free XBLA games released on it - including Hexic HD, and even the Yaris and Dash of Destruction games MS pulled from the marketplace. Burn it onto a CD or DVD, and you can play them right off the disc.[/QUOTE]

Really?! That sounds a bit fishy if you ask me. Do you need a flashed console to play it?

[quote name='Unknown50862']Really?! That sounds a bit fishy if you ask me. Do you need a flashed console to play it?[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of it, but it is possible you can play it from a stock console. I know there Guitar Hero 3 demo that came out years ago that someone was able to make burnable to a disk to play, so maybe it's the same issue. If they are free, they may be lacking the code that would tie them to a specific console, so if played from a disk there would be no check for piracy.

Way too much work for the crappy free games like Hexic HD and Yaris though, haha.

[quote name='dieresis']Just because of Hexic HD? Poor reasoning.[/QUOTE]

No, I meant the actual Hexcic HD game itself. I've already got the slim. The slim was almost going to be a necessity because I'm moving and my apartment has free wifi and I don't want to deal with an ethernet cable.

[quote name='dominator']No, I meant the actual Hexcic HD game itself. I've already got the slim. The slim was almost going to be a necessity because I'm moving and my apartment has free wifi and I don't want to deal with an ethernet cable.[/QUOTE]
I gotcha. Sorry, bro.

I still don't think the game is worth money. I mean, unless you really like puzzle games like that.

[quote name='dominator']I have a question, does anybody know if the Slims come with Hexic HD preinstalled? I got a Slim but I transfered all my content right away and apparently there was nothing on the hard drive beforehand. Just want to make sure that it didn't get overwritten in some way that it's no longer there after using the transfer cable.[/QUOTE]I believe I had Hexic HD and Carassone pre-installed on my Slim hard drive. I just remember when I did the License Transfer, those games were available and I didn't buy those games on my previous console. I like Hexic HD and I haven't played Carassone yet.

[quote name='Andami']Naw, it's perfectly legal, and no you don't need a flashed console. Just think about, why would it be illegal to download free things? Besides that, why aren't free things console locked when DLC you have to pay for is?
http://digiex.net/downloads/downloa...-destruction-totem-ball-yaris-full-games.html[/QUOTE]

I'm an idiot. I must have missed the "free" part, because I thought someone was saying there was a disc with ALL arcade games on it. That was the reason for my suspicion.

Thanks Cheko, though that Alan Wake: The Signal is for a vid of the add-on, not the add-on itself, might want to clarify that for peeps thinking the add-on is out.

[quote name='nypickle']Hate to be the one to break the bad news about 1 vs 100, but apparently it's been canceled.

http://kotaku.com/5587798/microsoft-cans-1-vs-100[/QUOTE]

S.O.B.!!! Cruses upon who decided to cancel it .. this is going to suck .. Im the only gamer in the household but my parents come over to visit they want to play 1 vs 100 with me and the nephews .. I mean, that real family time with my XBOX 360 on and now M$ taken away from that as well .. thanks M$, way to screw a whole demographic of new users

[quote name='bzchanboy']Be warned the Game Room 007 pack is free but the games inside it still have to be purchased in the Game Room for M$ points.[/QUOTE]

Hum, it is not always like that for all Game Room games?

[quote name='Khalid']Hum, it is not always like that for all Game Room games?[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's that way for all Game Room content. The Game Packs are free, the games themselves cost you (be it in tokens or a flat fee for unlimited play). I think he was just stating the obvious for the ppl out there who may not have touched Game Room before.

(I'm a Game Room addict. Have sunk more cash into that thing than I care to total up...)

Destination Arcade has 3 Avatar Awards:

White Hoodie (male)
White Hoodie (female)
Dragon Pet

*Note: The Destination Arcade app will only be available for the duration of the Summer of Arcade promotion which ends August 18th.

[quote name='NoDAK']Destination Arcade has 3 Avatar Awards:

White Hoodie (male)
White Hoodie (female)
Dragon Pet

*Note: The Destination Arcade app will only be available for the duration of the Summer of Arcade promotion which ends August 18th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! The way you find the dragon is pretty cool.

I got excited that the Penny-Arcade cardboard tube code still worked, but it didn't. Sadness.

Love this thread, though.

Some kind of app that allow you to see XBLA in a different way. With the weekly new releases and Deals of the weeks. You can also sort games to make it easier to find what you want.

To get the dragon avatar prop for destination arcade go to altered beast when sorting by price, it is located under the 400 point section. This worked for me and a friend at least.

I think Destination Arcade would be better if it just replaced the regular game marketplace, instead of being a separate application. Cause its almost inconvenient to access when the game marketplace is right there on the dashboard.

Either way, the dragon replaced my barbecue, so I'm happy.

[quote name='cheko']FREE GAME Destination: Arcade????[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I posted it on the previous page. :razz:
[quote name='inked']only available to Americans BTW[/QUOTE]
If you create an US account, you can download it to your Xbox. Then, play it with your normal account to unlock the avatar awards.

[quote name='NoDAK']Destination Arcade has 3 Avatar Awards:

White Hoodie (male)
White Hoodie (female)
Dragon Pet

*Note: The Destination Arcade app will only be available for the duration of the Summer of Arcade promotion which ends August 18th.[/QUOTE]

Are there different Dragons? One of my friends has a different one than the one I got, and its not from the Mythological pets either.

Altered Beast? I got my dragon from Magic the Gathering. I'm going to go see if I can get another...

EDIT: Actually, there's only two avatar award slots for DA, so there's probably just the one dragon...which may be hiding in multiple places. Mine's purple, BTW.

[quote name='eugaet']Altered Beast? I got my dragon from Magic the Gathering. I'm going to go see if I can get another...

EDIT: Actually, there's only two avatar award slots for DA, so there's probably just the one dragon...which may be hiding in multiple places. Mine's purple, BTW.[/QUOTE]

I believe I figured it out. Just found out theres an avatar reward of a dragon from DeathSpank as well.

[quote name='NoDAK']If you create an US account, you can download it to your Xbox. Then, play it with your normal account to unlock the avatar awards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this totally worked for me, enjoying my pet dragon! :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back