List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up. The Dragon is pretty cool for a free item/pet. Didn't spend much time with the App but the layout/format seems pretty interesting but I don't know how much I'll actually use it.

[quote name='eugaet']Mine's purple, BTW.

Just because it's purple doesn't mean it's grape.

[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh harder than it should have. Maybe I'm just tired.

is deathspank free?

oh yeah, never noticed but "BLUR" has lots of free unlockable avatar stuff but I don't know what

I never play since I bought it for $12 and sold it for 32, and kept my PS3 version

[quote name='nixmahn']oh yeah, never noticed but "BLUR" has lots of free unlockable avatar stuff but I don't know what

I never play since I bought it for $12 and sold it for 32, and kept my PS3 version[/QUOTE]

Blur Awardables

[quote name='Kevlar281']Blur Awardables[/QUOTE]

not to crap on you answer brotha .. but here is a better site with ALL unlockable avatar awards including XBLA and full retail games .. even get news on which future game releases will have avatar awards

http://www.xboxresource.com/avatars.php?filter=awards

but is it just me or does having avatar award justs make the game purchase sweeter or easier to lock in a purchase when youre thinking about buying a game?

[quote name='nixmahn']does the dragon and hoodie go away if I delete the Destination: Arcade?[/QUOTE]

I believe if you just delete Destination Arcade itself you will keep the awards, but if you delete it from your played games list then you will lose the awards, but can re-earn them. That's what happened to me on Halo: Waypoint.

[quote name='EnronLackey']but is it just me or does having avatar award justs make the game purchase sweeter or easier to lock in a purchase when youre thinking about buying a game?[/QUOTE]
I don't think you're alone, but I certainly don't think so.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']This made me laugh harder than it should have. Maybe I'm just tired.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamekeeper7']No that was hella funny.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I didn't even notice that. :D

UPDATES:

• Avatar awards have been redirected to http://www.xboxresource.com/avatars.php?filter=awards
  • Avatar apparel and items will remain managed in this thread
  • If xboxresource goes down, or is no longer available, I will added the avatar awards from previous versions of the thread

• edit: I removed the game pack, thanks louiedog!
Thanks for the shoutout on the CAGbag, EnronLackey!

Off-topic, but also a good explanation on why I've been taking a little longer to update:

I've starting learning C#/XNA programming, so expect self-shoutouts in the future for an unannounced Xbox Live Indie Game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nebenator']UPDATES:

• added Game Room - Game Pack 007 to the game addons list
[/QUOTE]

Are the games in that free? I thought all of the game packs were free, but you still had to pay to play them, beyond the limited demo time of course.

hey guys I just got Mass Effect 2, and I remember hearing somewhere that there was a mix up and some ME2 DLC became free. Anyone know if they're still available? Or did they take them down?

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Wow! Thanks for the link. If they were taken down, it seems they've brought them back and made them free again. Nebenator, you might want to update the OP to reflect this. This will get me off to a great start in ME2 :D.[/QUOTE]

Think again. " Sorry This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web."

gah! You're right. I just clicked the link and saw the "free". I was hoping to come home to download all of them. Ah well, move along nothing to see here :cry:.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Think again. " Sorry This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']gah! You're right. I just clicked the link and saw the "free". I was hoping to come home to download all of them. Ah well, move along nothing to see here :cry:.[/QUOTE]
yes so sad .... i was one of the few who took advantage of the situation....i tried to post up the links here but to no avail:whistle2:# i was to late

[quote name='cheko']yes so sad .... i was one of the few who took advantage of the situation....i tried to post up the links here but to no avail:whistle2:# i was to late[/QUOTE]

I was able to get in on most of them, but missed out on the sniper rifle. Made me sad. But at least I got the others before they took em down.

^ I just did the glitch. It works. I disconnected from online first though.

Can MS still find out I played the games and got acheesment points for them and ban me still?

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']...

Can MS still find out I played the games and got acheesment points for them and ban me still?[/QUOTE]
Not if you stay offline. However, next time you connect to Xbox Live it will reconcile your account, and MS will know about it.

I seriously doubt anyone will get banned for this. I do, however, suspect that there will be a patch out soon that will fix this oversight in MW2.

But this is not really the place to discuss the banning issue... And I suspect that there is already a thread about it in a more appropriate location.

MS cannot ban for this. It's more of a bug rather than a user exploit such as the FIFA glitch.

I already had both Metal Slug demos on my hard drive so I inserted MW2 and then quick launch the Metal Slug games. I got gamer score for the games but they don't appear on my played games list.

Apparently this exploit was discovered a few months ago and Kotaku just got around to posting about it. From what I've heard, no has been banned . . .yet.

And the problem is that when you get achievements in these games through this exploit, they do add to your gamerscore, but you don't actually earn the achievement and it doesn't show up in your played games. All the more reason for Microsoft to ban you.

Use this exploit with caution.

[quote name='ZanzA']MS cannot ban for this. It's more of a bug rather than a user exploit such as the FIFA glitch.

I already had both Metal Slug demos on my hard drive so I inserted MW2 and then quick launch the Metal Slug games. I got gamer score for the games but they don't appear on my played games list.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they can. Straight from Xbox.com:

Terms of Use

5. How You May Not Use the Service.
In using the Service, you may not:

• exploit a bug, or make an unauthorized modification, to any software or data to gain unfair advantage in a game , contest, or promotion.

[quote name='time2play']there's a new glitch currently where if you're in the MW2 demo or full game, you can play the full versions of 5 XBLA SNK games.[/QUOTE]

been known for months

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Apparently this exploit was discovered a few months ago and Kotaku just got around to posting about it. From what I've heard, no has been banned . . .yet.

And the problem is that when you get achievements in these games through this exploit, they do add to your gamerscore, but you don't actually earn the achievement and it doesn't show up in your played games. All the more reason for Microsoft to ban you.

Use this exploit with caution.[/QUOTE]

They do show up up under played games. If you unlocked an achievement it shows up at the bottom of your played games list.

I wish there was a way to delete achievements, i tried it for Metal Slug XX and now i feel really guily about it.

[quote name='macontosh2000']They do show up up under played games. If you unlocked an achievement it shows up at the bottom of your played games list.

I wish there was a way to delete achievements, i tried it for Metal Slug XX and now i feel really guily about it.[/QUOTE]
You should buy the game. You'll support the publisher and developer and you'll get achievements when you play it, so you'll have almost no reason to feel bad about what you did.

[quote name='Nebenator']You should buy the game. You'll support the publisher and developer and you'll get achievements when you play it, so you'll have almost no reason to feel bad about what you did.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back