List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the free costumes for DR2 and thought about the people getting the pre orders got ripped. Then I read it and saw it didn't actually give you the costumes. Oh well need to delete them off my queue now.

There are two Deathspank: T.O.V. items for download right now. The xbox.com link is here, but it wouldn't let me queue the items from there. I just put up the link to show what the items are. You have to use your Xbox to download them. Don't wait on these, even if you don't have the game yet, supposedly they're only free for the first week that the game is out.

[quote name='louiedog']There are two Deathspank: T.O.V. items for download right now. The xbox.com link is here, but it wouldn't let me queue the items from there. I just put up the link to show what the items are. You have to use your Xbox to download them. Don't wait on these, even if you don't have the game yet, supposedly they're only free for the first week that the game is out.[/QUOTE]

Heard you can only purchase through dashboard, but yes get these now! Always hurts to have to spend points for things that were previously free.

[quote name='louiedog']Once again, there's really nothing free in the game room game packs. You may as well post in here every time an XBLA game is released.[/QUOTE]
Why not? How does this gameroom thing work?

[quote name='mvp828']You have to purchase the game and/or credits in order to actually play them IIRC.[/QUOTE]
Oh.. LAME...
If i really wanted to play those games I'd just use my emulator lol

[quote name='mvp828']You have to purchase the game and/or credits in order to actually play them IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Yup. You download the pack of games and then purchase the license for individual games in the pack. I believe you get a little bit of free play time, but it's like finding a quarter on the floor at the arcade. You get a couple of plays, not a demo that you can play 100 times if you feel like it.

[quote name='louiedog']There are two Deathspank: T.O.V. items for download right now. The xbox.com link is here, but it wouldn't let me queue the items from there. I just put up the link to show what the items are. You have to use your Xbox to download them. Don't wait on these, even if you don't have the game yet, supposedly they're only free for the first week that the game is out.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the heads up, mind as well jump on that even if I might not get the game for a while. I got them going through the dashboard.

Looks as if you can't Queue the Deathspank TOV stuff through the site but I've heard from others getting them for free through the dashboard. For some reason I thought I heard only free for people who bought the game the first week but eh sure.

I wish there was a list of all the free gamerpics out there, including games that give you gamerpics just for downloading the demo.

It'd probably take a lot of work and have to be constantly updated, as there are frequently promotions on the Dashboard that have gamerpics as part of an advertising ploy.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I wish there was a list of all the free gamerpics out there, including games that give you gamerpics just for downloading the demo.

It'd probably take a lot of work and have to be constantly updated, as there are frequently promotions on the Dashboard that have gamerpics as part of an advertising ploy.[/QUOTE]

This is a decent list from x360a.org. Not complete by any means, but I haven't found anything bettter.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=234405

This site they list in the OP of that thread looks like a good resource as well:

http://gamer-pics.com

[quote name='Cringer85']The Reach Invasion Theme link doesn't work anymore. I guess the theme was taken down. too late.. again.[/QUOTE]

try logging on and looking for it on the dash ...i think xbox.com in general is having minor difficulties

[quote name='Cringer85']The Reach Invasion Theme link doesn't work anymore. I guess the theme was taken down. too late.. again.[/QUOTE]

I look on the dashboard, there charging 240 points for it now so it not free anymore sorry.

That should be the Walmart Gamecenter, you should still be able to get it through the Marketplace on the XBOX under new Themes and Gamerpics section.

Currently some DLC for "WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011" can be downloaded for free:

All Unlockables
Don't feel like playing through the entire game to unlock the more than 60 unlockables including Superstars, Legends, Divas, alternate attires, arenas, championship titles, and more? Purchase this item to get all this great unlockable content right now. Note: This purchasable item is included in the Fan Axxess premium content purchase. Check out the Fan Axxess item in the store for a discount on this great content.

Superstar Attribute Customizer
Decide the overall rankings and attribute levels of every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva in the game with this purchasable item. If you think we didn't get the overall ratings right, then you can take control and customize them yourself. Note: This purchasable item is included in the Fan Axxess premium content purchase. Check out the Fan Axxess item in the store for a discount on this great content.

Bret Hart

Download this item to play as WWE Legend, Bret Hart.

Undertaker, Ministry of Darkness + Undertaker, Ministry of Darkness
Download this item to get The Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness attire.

Edit: Some content seems to have expired already but last week I managed to download some of these items.

[quote name='Hawaiian']Currently some DLC for "WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011" can be downloaded for free:

All Unlockables
Don't feel like playing through the entire game to unlock the more than 60 unlockables including Superstars, Legends, Divas, alternate attires, arenas, championship titles, and more? Purchase this item to get all this great unlockable content right now. Note: This purchasable item is included in the Fan Axxess premium content purchase. Check out the Fan Axxess item in the store for a discount on this great content.

Superstar Attribute Customizer
Decide the overall rankings and attribute levels of every WWE Superstar, Legend, and Diva in the game with this purchasable item. If you think we didn't get the overall ratings right, then you can take control and customize them yourself. Note: This purchasable item is included in the Fan Axxess premium content purchase. Check out the Fan Axxess item in the store for a discount on this great content.

Bret Hart

Download this item to play as WWE Legend, Bret Hart.

Undertaker, Ministry of Darkness + Undertaker, Ministry of Darkness
Download this item to get The Undertaker's Ministry of Darkness attire.

Edit: Some content seems to have expired already but last week I managed to download some of these items.[/QUOTE]

None of those worked for me. the last two showed up & acted like they would but then came up with an error message.

yes i will post it immediately next time. sorry about that. actually i was able to download it two days ago so I didn't expect it to be "removed" in such a short period of time.

With these sort of mistakes, they are pulled within hours usually since they are meant to be pre-order exclusives like what happened with the accidentally free Mass Effect 2 and Gears Of War 2 DLC.

[quote name='louiedog']Yup. You download the pack of games and then purchase the license for individual games in the pack. I believe you get a little bit of free play time, but it's like finding a quarter on the floor at the arcade. You get a couple of plays, not a demo that you can play 100 times if you feel like it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, with the 9th or 10th post, you can get some free gamerscore if you haven't yet. 20G for filling each room in your arcade with a theme. There are enough starter ones to do so now. (There are a few other free chivos you can get too that way.)

This one's a bit iffy, but I figured I'd share anyway...

Microsoft is launching Pinball FX2 on Wednesday for free. Unlike the original that cost 800 and then charged for extra tables ($2.50-$3) this one apparently is free, however it's a hub similar to Game Room and you'll have to pay for the pinball tables. Anyway, there's one free table you can downloads on xbox.com called Buccaneer.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...fe-1000-9115-d80258410834/?p=1&of=3&bt=0&sb=1

So I'm not sure if this'll work but I'm giving it a shot. The link on the main page I used to access the Buccaneer didn't work, but it's still listed in the site... Maybe I'm paranoid and it'll stay free, but I figured I'd give a heads up to anyone interested who doesn't wanna chance that it gets removed or they decide to "Joyride" us and start charging for it.

[quote name='pyoobez']This one's a bit iffy, but I figured I'd share anyway...

Microsoft is launching Pinball FX2 on Wednesday for free. Unlike the original that cost 800 and then charged for extra tables ($2.50-$3) this one apparently is free, however it's a hub similar to Game Room and you'll have to pay for the pinball tables. Anyway, there's one free table you can downloads on xbox.com called Buccaneer.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...fe-1000-9115-d80258410834/?p=1&of=3&bt=0&sb=1

So I'm not sure if this'll work but I'm giving it a shot. The link on the main page I used to access the Buccaneer didn't work, but it's still listed in the site... Maybe I'm paranoid and it'll stay free, but I figured I'd give a heads up to anyone interested who doesn't wanna chance that it gets removed or they decide to "Joyride" us and start charging for it.[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah pyoobez....this is worth a shot and I love me some pinball! Thanks for the heads up. I actually may have just found what to use my Bing points on....some Pinball tables (only 200 each) The Street Fighter and Nightmare revisited tables look promising.

Actually, pyoobez, Pinball FX 2 has been delayed til Oct. 27. :cry:

Good catch though. I own all the FX1 tables, so I didn't even think about this from the other POV. I suggest that anybody who has any interest in Pinball FX2 download Buccaneer now just in case.

Last month Zen Studios stated the following in a press release:

If you have never purchased Pinball FX content, you will be able to buy the Classic Collection ( Speed Machine, Extreme, Agents, and BUCCANEER) within Pinball FX 2 for 800 MS points. The original DLC tables ( Nightmare Mansion, Rocky&Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II Tribute Table, and Earth Defense) will each be available for 240 MS points.

Pasha, Rome, BioLab & Secrets of the Deep represent the Pinball FX 2 Core Collection. This four table collection will be available on October 13th, 2010 for 800 MS points.

EDIT: I just noticed two marketplace additions...

GH™: Warriors of Rock:
Rocktober Track Pack

Downloadable Track Pack featuring "The Infection" by Disturbed, "Resistance" by Muse, and "Na Na Na" by My Chemical Romance. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

Red Dead Redemption:
Hunting and Trading Pack

The Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack features two new outfits with challenges to unlock in Red Dead Redemption single player. Buy guns and ammo at half the cost with the Savvy Merchant Outfit. Collect double the amount of skins and hides from hunting with the Expert Hunter Outfit. This pack also includes compatibility features, enabling everyone online to see the new multiplayer characters used by those who have purchased any of the Add-On packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pyoobez']

So I'm not sure if this'll work but I'm giving it a shot. The link on the main page I used to access the Buccaneer didn't work, but it's still listed in the site... Maybe I'm paranoid and it'll stay free, but I figured I'd give a heads up to anyone interested who doesn't wanna chance that it gets removed or they decide to "Joyride" us and start charging for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and downloaded it. Hopefully it'll work when Pinball FX 2 comes out.

[quote name='leeward']I just found this when I was browsing around the marketplace for rock band songs:

Rock Band Network Megamix 01:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...sb=1&did=0ccf04f2-0000-4000-8000-000045410829[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned a few pages back but wasn't added to the main list. It actually came out a month or two ago, I'm surprised we haven't seen a second mix yet. Then again, I don't really know how fast that stuff gets pumped out because I haven't bought any Rock Band Network songs.

[quote name='louiedog']It was mentioned a few pages back but wasn't added to the main list. It actually came out a month or two ago, I'm surprised we haven't seen a second mix yet. Then again, I don't really know how fast that stuff gets pumped out because I haven't bought any Rock Band Network songs.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect anything soon due to RB3 coming out. And speaking of RB3... there's a rumor going around that a three song Doors pack will be released for free including "Riders on the Storm" "Light My Fire" and "Touch Me" This will go along with a Best of Doors package released for a price. Not sure how true it is considering they're giving away the two most well known tracks and then asking people to pay for the rest.

Free Guitar Hero: WoR DLC available today for Gold members (10/19 for Silver?). Available as a pack or individually:

My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na
Disturbed - The Infection
Muse - Resistance

[quote name='pyoobez']I wouldn't expect anything soon due to RB3 coming out. And speaking of RB3... there's a rumor going around that a three song Doors pack will be released for free including "Riders on the Storm" "Light My Fire" and "Touch Me" This will go along with a Best of Doors package released for a price. Not sure how true it is considering they're giving away the two most well known tracks and then asking people to pay for the rest.[/QUOTE]

The rumor is true. It was actually announced yesterday. ;) :

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202713

From October 26-November 1, a FREE DLC 3-pack from The Doors will be available for download but ONLY in the Rock Band 3 in-game music store. So, if you don't have a Rock Band 3 disc, you can't get the free songs. ;) All 3 songs will also feature pro guitar AND bass charts along with pro drums, pro keyboard and harmonies.

Any players waiting over a week for pre-orders to ship MIGHT be out of luck. I'm hoping that Harmonix can extend the date an extra week so that everyone who plans on buying Rock Band 3 at release can get the pack.

That is kind of lame to not have The Doors freebie in the actual marketplace since stores may be sold out quickly when the game comes out and then your SOL.

[quote name='Owen']That is kind of lame to not have The Doors freebie in the actual marketplace since stores may be sold out quickly when the game comes out and then your SOL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I said I hope that they extend it until the 7th. I get why they wanted it to be in-game only: to get people to buy the game the first week, especially the ones who are on the fence (and possibly to boost first week sales). But MANY people who have ordered online might not get the game until the end of the 2nd week. By extending it to the 7th, they have the European players covered (who won't get that game until that Friday...ouch) and everyone in the U.S. and Canada waiting on online shipments.

And I just finished a thread for the DLC pack to let everyone know. Nebenator is going to be pissed for sure. But it's THE DOORS! :lol: Everyone with a copy of Rock Band 3 that week should get the DLC.

some of us are getting errors saying we don't have the latest console updatewhen trying to get the free fable II.....But we do.....anyone?

Just saw it on a tweet from Gamepro...I'm on my phone and I keep getting errors.

EDIT: Nvm...it worked as far as the site tells me, I'll have to see if it actually downloads later tonight. Also, it is the full game, I checked my purchase history after, and it shows that its the full game.

It is 7GB, most definitely the full game. Also, if someone can clarify. For some reason I'm thinking that the marketplace version is bundled with all the DLC. Did I hear correctly or am I just pulling stuff out of my ass?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found out that it was the Episode 1 thing that they released that contains the DLC. They never bothered releasing the other episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back