List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sliknik27']815 MB!? What?[/QUOTE]
Lionhead does a weird combo of DLC. The free Soldier Outfit is basically wrapped up into a locked down version of the new DLC, Traitor's Keep, encouraging you to buy it.

They did the same with some of their other DLC as well.

[quote name='Hsith']Heads up!
Found it a few moments ago, I think its an error, but free is free:D
FREE Starkiller's Dual Lightsabers
thumblg.png

LINK HERE[/QUOTE]
Big thank you for this!

thumblg.png

LINK HERE[/QUOTE]

They are also currently free from the Avatar store on the dashboard as well:)

thumblg.png

LINK HERE[/QUOTE]
Looks like they fixed it. It's now back to 200 microsoft points. :whistle2:(

thumblg.png

LINK HERE[/QUOTE]Awww, missed by a couple hours. :(

[quote name='sliknik27']815 MB!? What?[/QUOTE]Is it really 815.39 MB? I only have 300-400 MB free space. :(

[quote name='NoDAK']Fable III Free Soldier Outfit

Join the ranks of the Bowerstone army with this dashing military uniform. Albion needs you! The outfit comprises boots, hat, top and trousers. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...r-Outfit/d833dcb4-3224-408b-9d54-e827af0b2601

And, thanks for sharing that awesome find, Hsith! My nephew is gonna love those. :D[/QUOTE]
In-game correct?

[quote name='NoDAK']Fable III Free Soldier Outfit
Join the ranks of the Bowerstone army with this dashing military uniform. Albion needs you! The outfit comprises boots, hat, top and trousers. These items will be added to your gift queue in the Sanctuary.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...r-Outfit/d833dcb4-3224-408b-9d54-e827af0b2601[/QUOTE]

It is rather large file so I just dl and delete it for later use, Thanks EDIT*(I DL it do use it then when I am done I deleted it, XP1)*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']It is rather large file so I just dl and delete it for later use, Thanks[/QUOTE]???

At first, I thought you downloaded the entire 800+ MB but then deleted it. LOL.

I think you meant to say that you deleted it from your queue.

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']It is rather large file so I just dl and delete it for later use, Thanks[/QUOTE]

Haha I was thinking about doing the same thing.

[quote name='r3dreck']In-game correct?[/QUOTE]Yes, it is in-game content. The Fable III Free Soldier Outfit has the same file size as the Traitors Pack DLC.

According to kievakula from SD:
[quote name='kievakula']I looked it up and it is the DLC but a locked version of it that contains only the outfit. You still have to pay to unlock the extra items and quests.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='XP1']???
At first, I thought you downloaded the entire 800+ MB but then deleted it. LOL. I think you meant to say that you deleted it from your queue.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did but not my active download I DOWNLOADED*aka purchased it* so its in my history purchases then deleted it off my hdd to save space and can dl again whenever I want it

[quote name='TriskaidekaPunk']Yes I did but not my active download I DOWNLOADED*aka purchased it* so its in my history purchases then deleted it off my hdd to save space and can dl again whenever I want it[/QUOTE]

You don't have to download it and use all that bandwidth. You can just complete the purchase and immediately cancel the download. You don't even need the console. You can queue it up on xbox.com, and at the end of the purchase there is a button that says, "go to queue." Hit that, remove the item, and you're good. It's still in your history.

[quote name='louiedog']You don't have to download it and use all that bandwidth. You can just complete the purchase and immediately cancel the download. You don't even need the console. You can queue it up on xbox.com, and at the end of the purchase there is a button that says, "go to queue." Hit that, remove the item, and you're good. It's still in your history.[/QUOTE]Downloading is not the same as purchasing.
Why did you download it to your hard drive if you were going to delete it? Why not just cancel the download or delete it from the queue? Once you purchase the item, it is associated with your account. You don't need to download it to make it legit.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Lionhead does a weird combo of DLC. The free Soldier Outfit is basically wrapped up into a locked down version of the new DLC, Traitor's Keep, encouraging you to buy it.

They did the same with some of their other DLC as well.[/QUOTE]

Just had to chime in with how this is like possibly the dumbest fucking thing ever. What would probably be a 1.2 MB file because 815mb for no good reason...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Just had to chime in with how this is like possibly the dumbest fucking thing ever. What would probably be a 1.2 MB file because 815mb for no good reason...[/QUOTE]

I know someone at Microsoft thinks well they're more likely to "unlock" the full DLC if it's lying their on their hard drive taking up space. MUHAHAHA:bomb:

[quote name='Spybreak8']I know someone at Microsoft thinks well they're more likely to "unlock" the full DLC if it's lying their on their hard drive taking up space. MUHAHAHA:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that it also makes the butler in your sanctuary remind you that there's new DLC to buy every time you want to access the map or switch weapons.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']IDK if it's been posted, but Ultra Costume Packs 1 and 2 for SSFIV are free now.[/QUOTE]
downloading the catalogue does not give you the costumes. it just lets you see them if the other person has them.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Just had to chime in with how this is like possibly the dumbest fucking thing ever. What would probably be a 1.2 MB file because 815mb for no good reason...[/QUOTE]
Actually, it has to do with the multi-player aspect of the game. If you want to join with anyone that owns the DLC, then you will need the DLC, too... Either the full $$$ DLC, or this 'freebie' version.

Rather than push a 800+Mb 'update' to everyone when the DLC is released, some publishers release 'free/premium' or 'full/sample' versions of the DLC so that people can download the free version if they want to play with others that have the purchased the full DLC.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']There's a free Bejewled Premium Theme up now. Sorry, if it's already been mentioned, I didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]

Ya couple pages back... no worries I don't read every page too.

From majornelson.com:
As a part of our ongoing commitment to improve Xbox LIVE, we are rolling out an optional testing program called Xbox LIVE Labs. Xbox LIVE Labs performs a number of network tests from your console to Xbox LIVE. These results are recorded solely for the purpose of testing and improving the service. Although we want your support, participating in Xbox LIVE Labs is entirely optional and voluntary. These results are recorded solely for the purpose of testing and improving the service and will not be used to identify you.

If you choose to participate, each completed test rewards you with a cool Avatar item and a zero point achievement as a thank you for your contribution.

There are a total of three Avatar items and three zero point achievements that you can earn for each completed test, including a lab coat, brain helmet, and crazy mad scientist hair!

Xbox LIVE Labs runs from March 10-27 and is open to all Xbox LIVE members living in the United States.

You will not be able to participate in other Xbox LIVE activities, such as gaming, watching movies or downloading music, while running Xbox LIVE Labs, and your Internet connectivity may be slower than usual. Sound good? Sign into Xbox LIVE and head over to the community channel where you’ll see the Xbox LIVE Labs panel. Click on it to download the testing app and the rest is pretty much self-explanatory.

The Xbox LIVE Labs testing application is currently available in the US only. After this round of testing, we’ll evaluate when and how we’ll roll this out to other Xbox LIVE regions.

Thanks for your help

I'm running the first test now. It seems that the transfer speed is a continuous ~30-40 KB/s for the first 30-minute test.

EDIT: 7 minutes later on the first 30-minute test, it is now up to ~500-700 KB/s download.

EDIT: In the second test, it is about ~130 KB/s download.

EDIT: I'm running the third test now. The download speed is jumping up and down between ~400 KB/s and ~700 KB/s. After that, there is a few seconds of ~30-40 KB/s and then it jumps right back up to ~400-700 KB/s.

EDIT: Ok, the third test is now running at about ~130 KB/s download. It looks like this test is alternating to different download speeds.
Upload speed is around ~8-10 KB/s.

EDIT: Bewarned! I just got automatically disconnected from Xbox Live during the third test. I think it is because of inactivity. I had to connect again and resume.

This is my current bandwidth stat for today, running Xbox Live Labs for 3 hours so far (halfway done):
"March 10, 2011 (Incoming: 2174 MB / Outgoing: 143 MB)"
Not that much.

EDIT: I have completed all of the tests in 6 hours.

Here is my bandwidth stat for today after all of the tests have been completed:
"March 10, 2011 (Incoming: 3185 MB / Outgoing: 275 MB)"

Note that the bandwidth from Xbox Live Labs would be a bit less than that total because it is the combined bandwidth stat for today's WAN activity on my network.

EDIT: From CAG, Hakudoshi reports:[quote name='Hakudoshi']Total bandwidth used:
Incoming: 7,503.93 MB
Outgoing: 221.84 MB[/QUOTE]so expect a 3-8 GB range of bandwidth results.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want Xbox Live Labs but aren't in the US, the old downloading it on a US Gamertag trick won't quite work, as it doesn't show up in the Game Library, it launches from the Community tab.

What you want to do is download it on the US tag, sign into your real tag (UK in my case), go to Quick Launch and it's under Latest Downloads.

[quote name='Exu']If you want Xbox Live Labs but aren't in the US, the old downloading it on a US Gamertag trick won't quite work, as it doesn't show up in the Game Library, it launches from the Community tab.

What you want to do is download it on the US tag, sign into your real tag (UK in my case), go to Quick Launch and it's under Latest Downloads.[/QUOTE]

My xbox is dead right now. Am I SOL?

Though I wish the achievements were of some value (seriously, there'd be more people willing to do this if the achievements were worth at least SOME points), I do think the free avatar stuff is neat.

The Lab Coat is the reward for 30 minutes in a row (meaning, you can't exit out). Thankfully, it counts towards the 1 hour & 6 hour achievements, & thankfully, you can exit out of it during the 1 & 6 hour part. I'll update w/ what the 1 hour avatar award is.

My suggestion is to do this while you're in town, busy doing something else, or leave it on overnight.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']My xbox is dead right now. Am I SOL?[/QUOTE]Not yet. You are not out of luck until after March 27, 2011, when the Xbox Live Labs program ends. Afterwards, you will forever miss those 3 achievements and 4 avatar awards. Imagine the rarity of this one-time occasion! If you get them, you will be one of the few in the world, in all Xbox history, to have these achievements. Cherish them like you cherish any other rare achievement.

Maybe even less than 1% of the Xbox community will have these achievements.

[quote name='Zonic505']Though I wish the achievements were of some value (seriously, there'd be more people willing to do this if the achievements were worth at least SOME points), I do think the free avatar stuff is neat.[/QUOTE]Although the 3 achievements are 0 GS, these achievements do have value! They add +3 achievements to your total number of achievements unlocked. The more achievements unlocked, the higher you are on the leaderboards that rank the number of achievements in your profile.

[quote name='Zonic505']I'll update w/ what the 1 hour avatar award is.[/QUOTE]No need, the avatar awards have been posted online, and you can even check "Xbox Guide > Games blade > Awards", which will list all your available awards, earned and unearned.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/03/10/xbox-live-labs.aspx

If you check SD, SlickDealio has posted the images of the awards.

[quote name='Exu']If you want Xbox Live Labs but aren't in the US, the old downloading it on a US Gamertag trick won't quite work, as it doesn't show up in the Game Library, it launches from the Community tab.

What you want to do is download it on the US tag, sign into your real tag (UK in my case), go to Quick Launch and it's under Latest Downloads.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are awesome. Works like a charm. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back