List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pyoobez']It took me a few times to find the Cars ad, but a little less than the Abe Lincoln. (I used the Menu/Y refresh technique and found it buried in apps (which is where the Abe Lincoln one was too)[/QUOTE]

I seriously used the guide button/Y so much, all it has is the placeholder blue/pink avatar ads (which do absolutely when clicked on). What zones are you guys on?

[quote name='rpmboy']I seriously used the guide button/Y so much, all it has is the placeholder blue/pink avatar ads (which do absolutely when clicked on). What zones are you guys on?[/QUOTE]

I'm on recreational.

FYI - Many of the free themes are still available for download from your Xbox console, even though the links to them many no longer work.

Go to the Games Marketplace -> Avatars -> Themes. Then sort by title and you can find the free 1 vs 100 premium theme. It will be the first one in the list.

There's also the free Dr Pepper Thor Premium Theme Pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpmboy']Same here. Stupid ad.

Edit: Got real ads back but still no cars.[/QUOTE]

I found that I got most of the Cars ads on Professional.

I tried looking for the Abraham Lincoln thing, but after about fifteen minutes of searching (and changing profiles), I gave up.

Anyone know if it's still going on?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I found that I got most of the Cars ads on Professional.

I tried looking for the Abraham Lincoln thing, but after about fifteen minutes of searching (and changing profiles), I gave up.

Anyone know if it's still going on?[/QUOTE]

I tried to get the ad on Pro, but all I got was Abraham Lincoln. (I did this today so still going on)

[quote name='Tailswisher']Yeah, I've been randomly switching zones over the last few days and I've still not seen a single sign of this ad and I'm in the US.[/QUOTE]

Damn I feel bad for you. I get that damn ad everywhere. As for the guy that was asking for the lincoln avatar gear, goto to the e3 section right on the first page of the dash. The ad is always there, if you click on the e3 thing, but I cant remeber if they still have it up or not.

I have a theory. What if they are targeting ads based on the games you play. If all you play are COD and Silent Hill, then maybe they aren't showing you the ads. But then if you've played more family games like Disneyland adventures, then they show you the ad because you already like that sort of thing.

[quote name='GamerChris']I have a theory. What if they are targeting ads based on the games you play. If all you play are COD and Silent Hill, then maybe they aren't showing you the ads. But then if you've played more family games like Disneyland adventures, then they show you the ad because you already like that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

That theory makes no sense. Atleast 70% of the games I play are rated M and I get those ads easily.

Doubt it has anything to do with game ratings you have played. All I've played in the past year are M rated games besides Arkham City.

Now after I got the ads once I get them all the time.

[quote name='GamerChris']I have a theory. What if they are targeting ads based on the games you play. If all you play are COD and Silent Hill, then maybe they aren't showing you the ads. But then if you've played more family games like Disneyland adventures, then they show you the ad because you already like that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

That's not true; I've been playing nothing but Silent Hill HD and Netflix and it showed up just fine for me... in fact, the ad has shown up several times since getting the shirt the first time.

I've tried every suggestion on here and other sites to get the ad to pop up and have spent around 4 hours over several days looking for that damn Cars Land ad. It's not that I really want the shirt, it's that I'm being defeated and taunted by a talking car. XD

[quote name='Tailswisher']I've tried every suggestion on here and other sites to get the ad to pop up and have spent around 4 hours over several days looking for that damn Cars Land ad. It's not that I really want the shirt, it's that I'm being defeated and taunted by a talking car. XD[/QUOTE]

crazy I found it right away... refreshed a couple times, xbox button, then Y... pop'd up under videos.

I refreshed about 30 times and didn't find the Cars ad. Most of the time I get 1-2 ads for Lexus. I guess they think I need a car more than a need a t-shirt for my avatar with the logo for Cars. They are definitely right... They are very wrong about what I can afford though.

I did find Challenge Pack #2 for Kinect Sports on the dashboard. It's on an ad for Bengey. The ad has a picture of a green guy skying.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That theory makes no sense. Atleast 70% of the games I play are rated M and I get those ads easily.[/QUOTE]

My theory makes plenty of sense. Ever see a trailer for Alvin and the Chipmunks in front of SAW?

If it helps, I've noticed the ad when you go to the games marketplace... it was there not once but twice for me, just check the different tabs.

[quote name='GamerChris']My theory makes plenty of sense. Ever see a trailer for Alvin and the Chipmunks in front of SAW?[/QUOTE]

no, but for dead space yes, so............:roll:

lol it does make sense but i don't believe that the xbox ads work in that manner. i think they are based off your gamerzone.

also i have yet to see the ad at all and i'm on recreational

[quote name='violentfox']lol it does make sense but i don't believe that the xbox ads work in that manner. i think they are based off your gamerzone.

also i have yet to see the ad at all and i'm on recreational[/QUOTE]

I see the Cars Land ad quite often. It is up right now. You might have to refresh a few times. It's currently under the apps tab.

I have my account set to Recreation Zone and my Privacy & Online Settings are set to Adult. I also have a Gold sub if that makes any difference.

[quote name='CodeTrader']I see the Cars Land ad quite often. It is up right now. You might have to refresh a few times. It's currently under the apps tab.

I have my account set to Recreation Zone and my Privacy & Online Settings are set to Adult. I also have a Gold sub if that makes any difference.[/QUOTE]

My account. Gold: NEVER EVER A CARS LAND AD.
My back-up, Free: ALWAYS.
fuck me.

I'm guessing the people who paid for the ad only paid enough for the ad to be shown to a certain percentage of users, so XBL randomly picks whether you see the ad or not, and if you don't get picked, you're not gonna see it. And I highly doubt the gamerzone theory, since Microsoft has publicly admitted that gamerzone does absolutely nothing and is a broken feature.

[quote name='rpmboy']My account. Gold: NEVER EVER A CARS LAND AD.
My back-up, Free: ALWAYS.
fuck me.[/QUOTE]

Do you have two controllers? If so, try going to the ad on your free account. Then on your 2nd controller log into your main profile. Log out of the free account on your 1st controller. Then go to all 5 spots to unlock the avatar.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Do you have two controllers? If so, try going to the ad on your free account. Then on your 2nd controller log into your main profile. Log out of the free account on your 1st controller. Then go to all 5 spots to unlock the avatar.[/QUOTE]

I just did that w/o a second controller. Thanks CodeTrader!

[quote name='CodeTrader']Do you have two controllers? If so, try going to the ad on your free account. Then on your 2nd controller log into your main profile. Log out of the free account on your 1st controller. Then go to all 5 spots to unlock the avatar.[/QUOTE]

I signed into my girlfriends account and was able to find the ad, I pulled the switch and got an the shirt.

There's a Windows Phone ad on the Swedish dashboard to get a free Windows Phone avatar item. It doesn't work on US profiles.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/sv-SE/P...tar-Item/00001000-86ac-02d3-c123-4fe558570a00

thumblg.png

[quote name='SchoolGirl13']Anybody know of other regions besides Sweden/Belgium that have the Windows phone avatar item? [/QUOTE]

I remember there was an offer like this, but only available in the UK.
If your looking for ioffers in the US, sorry they haven't done one in the states yet.

Thanks guys, for your input on Windows phone avatar prop. :) I'm sure in the near future I can pick one up for my N.American XBL account. Would have been nice to get that phone you have, RonfarX, I missed that promo.

On the 26th the Extended cut DLC will come out for ME3! It is apparently about 1.9 gigs of space and only expads on the current endings. The Hell Bioware!

[quote name='Discus']4x Free Male & Female Windows Phone for Dutch (NL) account:

Black:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-NL/P...tar-Item/00001000-86ac-02d3-c123-4fe558570a00

Pink:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-NL/P...tar-Item/00001000-ea4f-7293-ca2c-eaf558570a00

White:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-NL/P...tar-Item/00001000-5bfb-72a3-c707-b5c858570a00

Blue:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-NL/P...tar-Item/00001000-f200-2263-c4c9-76e258570a00

You can download all 4 to the same account, and maybe it will work for other European countries.

Enjoy! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Got all 4 phones for my Sweden account. Love the PINK one. Didn't work for UK & Germany account. Thanks OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back