List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda reminds me when they pulled the 1 vs 100 thing. Said they were going to have another season. People assumed they could finish up the achievements then. Microsoft lost Verizon sponsoring, so they didn't have another season. Game permanently incomplete for people who didn't finish it the first time around.

The 25 tournaments is retroactive since it popped when I loaded the game up today. The 10 full houses is not though, but won't be too bad. As for the 10,000 hands, that will take a very long time. I'm only up to around 3,000 and I play the game much more than the average player.

The game actually won't be taken off your console's completion page unless you boot it up again. I finished Deadliest Warrior before the DLC came out and never booted it up again, so it still shows as completed on my 360 list. But yes, it will no longer show as 100% on Xbox.com, TA, 360voice, etc.

[quote name='Andami']Microsoft lost Verizon sponsoring, so they didn't have another season.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it Sprint? Man I miss that game.

[quote name='GunstarRed']The game actually won't be taken off your console's completion page unless you boot it up again. I finished Deadliest Warrior before the DLC came out and never booted it up again, so it still shows as completed on my 360 list. But yes, it will no longer show as 100% on Xbox.com, TA, 360voice, etc.[/QUOTE]

Its not perfect but if your a TA (trueachivements.com) user you can go to the customize tab, click my settings, scroll down a little but not too far till you see the DLC section. Click either DLC I own or No DLC. Scroll all the way down and click save... And your stats such as completed games, completion percentage, etc will be recalculated with the above choice...

(The best option for most is likely DLC I own.)

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']Wasn't it Sprint? Man I miss that game.[/QUOTE]

Some phone company. It was three years ago. Most people wouldn't even remember that the game had sponsors at all :p And, yeah, I miss it, too.

PARANORMORMAN Bub Avatar Prop. (Pug Cut in half kept together by connective tissue)
PARANORMAN Movie Advert on XBOX LIve Dashboard: Just Reload till Advert appears, Click to enter. Highlight Avatar Prop and DOWNLOAD. Can be found under PROPS. Also Available PARANORMAN Xbox Theme.

[quote name='drdeviant']PARANORMORMAN Bub Avatar Prop. (Pug Cut in half kept together by connective tissue)
PARANORMAN Movie Advert on XBOX LIve Dashboard: Just Reload till Advert appears, Click to enter. Highlight Avatar Prop and DOWNLOAD. Can be found under PROPS. Also Available PARANORMAN Xbox Theme.[/QUOTE]

Just came here to post it. Its a pretty cool little zombie dog.

To add to the ad hunting "fun", while reloading my dash trying to get the Paranorman ad to show up (no luck yet), I got an ad for Axe hair that had free gamer pics and a theme for the movie Ted. There was also an option to go into a Man Cave section, where there were a bunch of other free Axe, Dove and Klondike themes and gamer pics. There was also a Klondike ad on the dash that lead into the Man Cave.

Also ran into a Lipton / Lady Antebellum ad that had gamer pics and a theme.

[quote name='drdeviant']PARANORMORMAN Bub Avatar Prop. (Pug Cut in half kept together by connective tissue)
PARANORMAN Movie Advert on XBOX LIve Dashboard: Just Reload till Advert appears, Click to enter. Highlight Avatar Prop and DOWNLOAD. Can be found under PROPS. Also Available PARANORMAN Xbox Theme.[/QUOTE]

Just grabbed this, loving that little dog. thanks :)

There's one for Planet Axe, Olympus, Dr. Pepper, 5gum, and Verizon too! I've been reloading the ads trying to get into the "man cave" cuz I want the TED theme :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest Method for Reloading "ADs" on Xbox Dashboard.
If on dashboard and you've viewed all ads in each of the multiple categories available, Simply press, the Menu/Guide Button on your XBOX Controller, and then press the "Y" button. Will which EXIT you out of the Guide, and REFRESH/RELOAD all ads on the Dashboard. Scroll through categories and repeat until ad you're looking for appears. The process can take a while if you're looking for a Specific ad.

Some ads may be region specific: i.e. if you live in Japan, or UK don't expect to see the DISNEY CARS Land ad to appear. There are ways for you to enable Region specific ads to appear. However, it requires you to create a XBOX Live account for that Region. Search Google for more info on this.

(Remember: GIYF! - Google is your friend! ...)

[quote name='Tailswisher']I do believe this was posted a while back, Nix.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats been there a while. There are four other "coming soon" spots on the prop shelf though so hopefully we'll get a whole array of verizon tech :applause:

[quote name='Tailswisher']I do believe this was posted a while back, Nix.[/QUOTE]

My bad, just don't check out this thread that often.

[quote name='kuda']Thanks! I do believe that is a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a mistake, it is bundled with the Steam release of the game, making think it is always free.

[quote name='emwearz']I don't think it is a mistake, it is bundled with the Steam release of the game, making think it is always free.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Kane & Lynch has always been free on Xbox. Kain & Raziel was the one that cost msp.
It should be in the wiki. I know it was discussed in the thread.

[quote name='shadowtek']Not valid in US?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='michaelh']or uk[/QUOTE]

I believe you're getting the "not valid" message, because it's a exclusive dashboard promo, once it's gone that's it. Try redeeming from your dashboard, and your results should change.

Don't forget once it's downloaded, it's added to your download history and can be accessed over and over, or on multiple machines.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowtek']Not valid in US?[/QUOTE]

Those were link from my purchase history. I'm in the US. I thought that the links would work for others to download it. I guess you have to get it from your Xbox instead.

You can find it in the themes or gamer pics section still. Just sort by release date.

There's a Scotiabank advertisement that take you to a screen where you can download gamer pics and a theme for free!

Also, is the Paranorm advertisement still running? I really want a zombie pug, it would be a nice change from my LIMBO creature.

[quote name='drdeviant']TWITTER.com Skyrim Beanie Code Drop
‏@BBYC_GamersClub
YES we got more Skyrim beanie codes. This is the last of them so if you want one, follow us and tweet #SkyrimDLC now... http://pic.twitter.com/3iXQoUyD[/QUOTE]

does everyone get one or is it drawing-style?

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Also, is the Paranorm advertisement still running? I really want a zombie pug, it would be a nice change from my LIMBO creature.[/QUOTE]

Was able to pick up the Paranorman dog on Tuesday so looks like you still can! :)

[quote name='hammurabi1337']does everyone get one or is it drawing-style?[/QUOTE]

I Believe it is first come first serve based on whatever unknown amount they have! All that was needed is to 1: Follow them on twitter. 2: Post/Tweet a message with hashtag "#SkyrimDLC". They send one out via Direct Message to everyone who did. They did not specify how long this was going to be going on, or how many were available for grabs, which is why there was no further clarification in my post! If you have a twitter TRY the method posted and see what happens.

Example of my tweet: @BBYC_GamersClub Handing out another #SkyrimDLC ... Way to GO!

Possibility of getting one:
Not Tweeting! = 0%
Tweeting! = 50%
What have you got to lose.

[quote name='ButtonsChan']Was able to pick up the Paranorman dog on Tuesday so looks like you still can! :)[/QUOTE]

Which area of the dashboard did you see the ad in? I can't find it D:

[quote name='Tailswisher']Can someone PLEASE get me a Skyrim beanie? I absolutely hate twitter and don't know anyone else who uses it. >.

:applause::applause:[quote name='MrPiggles']You know, you could just make a fake account and get one yourself.[/QUOTE]:applause::applause:
That would just be too easy, and make Too much sense! lmao!

Damn I hate Twitter. Every time I'm stuck at work i get like 50 tweets on all the people who won Gears of War prizes. Oh well lets try for another thing. :oldman:

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Which area of the dashboard did you see the ad in? I can't find it D:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it did take me about 20~30 mins to land one of those ads. Must have been in the videos tab. Although I'm sure that it can appear anywhere in the dashboard ad spaces.

[quote name='ButtonsChan']Unfortunately it did take me about 20~30 mins to land one of those ads. Must have been in the videos tab. Although I'm sure that it can appear anywhere in the dashboard ad spaces.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting mostly Scotiabank, Team Canada (Olympics), Taco Bell, Kinect Sports, and NOW ads. Ugh.

Left 4 dead 2 Cold Stream seems to be free via Mistake

To download Cold Stream
Start up Left 4 Dead 2
On the Main Menu select 'Downloads'
Cold Stream should be an option, select it
You will notice that it's free, begin downloading
It's 1.34GB in size, which is good news considers how many campaigns are on it. I am currently at 11% as of 1:13PM EST
Note: It shouldn't have been free, this may change if you don't download soon enough.
Happy Cold Streaming!

[quote name='BillyDavid']Left 4 dead 2 Cold Stream seems to be free via Mistake

[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks! I also got a code for the Skyrim beanie, so thank you to whoever it was who posted that! I already redeemed it TailSwisher, don't ask :p

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Got it, thanks! I also got a code for the Skyrim beanie, so thank you to whoever it was who posted that! I already redeemed it TailSwisher, don't ask :p[/QUOTE]

Hopefully It downloads. I hear alot people say they get stuck at 99%

Just created a twitter account and tweeted with the #SkyrimDLC hashtag. Got the beanie within an hour. Looks like they still have a bunch so go get'em! :)

[quote name='BillyDavid']Left 4 dead 2 Cold Stream seems to be free via Mistake

To download Cold Stream
Start up Left 4 Dead 2
On the Main Menu select 'Downloads'
Cold Stream should be an option, select it
You will notice that it's free, begin downloading
It's 1.34GB in size, which is good news considers how many campaigns are on it. I am currently at 11% as of 1:13PM EST
Note: It shouldn't have been free, this may change if you don't download soon enough.
Happy Cold Streaming![/QUOTE]

Thanks much I was going to pass on this if I had to pay since I got the steam version.

[quote name='bh47']^ True. Supposed to be listed at 560 msp today. Act fast CAGs (if you own L4D2)![/QUOTE]

Hmmm... actually just gets stuck at 99% for me. Then it eventually says "Can't download Cold Stream."

the download finished for me, but wont allow playing the DLC, seems like some sort of bug in the system, as the paid content entry still isnt live either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back