List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if it has been mentioned, I may have missed it, but the Verizon ad now has a hover board prop as well as the tablet.

Finally got the Transylvania ad/prop to show. Still no skittles.

@fanfare, how are you getting free???? your first links show it costing $30 bucks and your second links don't say anyting about anything being free.

[quote name='draven1089']@fanfare, how are you getting free???? your first links show it costing $30 bucks and your second links don't say anyting about anything being free.[/QUOTE]

As in original post above: look on your Dashboard (apps)!

Do not confuse with retail discs of the same titles. Some content in the two FREE apps can be tried without a season pass. The latter comes with the DVDs or can be bought for 2400msp or 400msp per episode.

Quick question...How do you do the two controller method? The one where if there is an ad on one account but you want the gear for another account? I don't know how to switch

[quote name='FanFare']As in original post above: look on your Dashboard (apps)!

Do not confuse with retail discs of the same titles. Some content in the two FREE apps can be tried without a season pass. The latter comes with the DVDs or can be bought for 2400msp or 400msp per episode.[/QUOTE]

I got them. They're under 'Apps' and are free.

[quote name='PottyPops']I got them. They're under 'Apps' and are free.[/QUOTE]

They are about as free as any demo on the marketplace. You get one "trial" episode with each app. They cost 2400 points to get full access. Hulu is free to download too, but good luck using it for much without paying a monthly fee (outside of a 1 month trial).

It's one thing to get excited and post this, it did appear to be a couple of completely free apps at first after all, but to continue the argument (from a clearly incorrect point) is obnoxious. I'm not talking about just you FYI, FanFare has also argued that these paid apps are free. These apps do have a trial integrated into them, and like all trials it is free, but the full app cost 2400 points to use in both cases. They are paid apps with a free trial. Simple as that.

Not really free.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']They are about as free as any demo on the marketplace. You get one "trial" episode with each app. They cost 2400 points to get full access. Hulu is free to download too, but good luck using it for much without paying a monthly fee (outside of a 1 month trial).

It's one thing to get excited and post this, it did appear to be a couple of completely free apps at first after all, but to continue the argument (from a clearly incorrect point) is obnoxious. I'm not talking about just you FYI, FanFare has also argued that these paid apps are free. These apps do have a trial integrated into them, and like all trials it is free, but the full app cost 2400 points to use in both cases. They are paid apps with a free trial. Simple as that.

Not really free.[/QUOTE]

You get a FREE full episode (worth 400msp) with each app! Episodes are standalone, independent of one another. This is a full experience, not a taster or demo of an episode. In fact, both apps allow you to buy additional single episodes for 400msp each, without the need to buy a season pass (2400msp) or the game DVDs. Enjoy the two FREE episodes/apps while they are there!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']They are about as free as any demo on the marketplace. You get one "trial" episode with each app. They cost 2400 points to get full access. Hulu is free to download too, but good luck using it for much without paying a monthly fee (outside of a 1 month trial).

Not really free.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you found it obnoxious. I just figured since at the very start of this thread where it lists available free items it does have Hulu Plus, Netflix, Crimson Alliance, Game Room, Family Game Night, etc, etc, etc (all of which require a subscription or additional purchase for full access) that the items Fanfare posted most assuredly do belong in this thread, especially when you do get full access to one episode. Seeing ppl get harassed for sharing their finds makes me uneasy about sharing anything I may happen to find. So in your own words, "to continue the argument (from a clearly incorrect point)" is bad for the CAG reputation.

Now let's regress.

Ok to get us back on track, a 100% real freebie. There is an Advert on the dashboard for World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria, once you watch the trailer it lets you download TWO FREE XBOX AVATAR T-SHIRTS! You get the Horde and the Alliance T-Shirts both for FREE! So far, we know it is on the US Dashboard, and has even been seen on the Beta Dashboard.
http://xboxavatargear.com/2012/09/2...pandaria-xbox-avatar-t-shirts-advert-freebie/

[quote name='draven1089']Ok to get us back on track, a 100% real freebie. There is an Advert on the dashboard for World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria, once you watch the trailer it lets you download TWO FREE XBOX AVATAR T-SHIRTS! You get the Horde and the Alliance T-Shirts both for FREE! So far, we know it is on the US Dashboard, and has even been seen on the Beta Dashboard.
http://xboxavatargear.com/2012/09/2...pandaria-xbox-avatar-t-shirts-advert-freebie/[/QUOTE]

good find bro. Ima be on the lookout for this in alittle while. I post my results.

[quote name='draven1089']Ok to get us back on track, a 100% real freebie. There is an Advert on the dashboard for World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria, once you watch the trailer it lets you download TWO FREE XBOX AVATAR T-SHIRTS! You get the Horde and the Alliance T-Shirts both for FREE! So far, we know it is on the US Dashboard, and has even been seen on the Beta Dashboard.
http://xboxavatargear.com/2012/09/2...pandaria-xbox-avatar-t-shirts-advert-freebie/[/QUOTE]

Damn it i've seen that ad and have decided to skip it. I doubted there would be avatar stuff for an PC mmo. thanks OP

[quote name='LoveLost']Damn it i've seen that ad and have decided to skip it. I doubted there would be avatar stuff for an PC mmo. thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Ugh, same here. Now I cant find it anywhere.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']where were people originally seeing this on the beta (supposedly)?[/QUOTE]

Here is how we saw it on the Beat dashboard.
Go to Games> Click on Browse Games> Go down to Search Games>type in Warcraft> Repeat until you see one that says Game Marketplace and a picture of Two Kids all excited in the Advertisement section> Then scroll to the right. It is going to be there in the Ad section. If not start over. But i assure you it is there. Looking at it right now. Took about 3 time of typing in Warcraft to get the Games Marketplace Advert. Good Luck!

This is something I'll keep on the lookout for as well, thanks for the heads up.

P.S. I now believe that I will never, EVER view the Skittles advertisement.

[quote name='chuckie88']this is something i'll keep on the lookout for as well, thanks for the heads up.

p.s. I now believe that i will never, ever view the skittles advertisement.[/quote]
+1

[quote name='draven1089']Here is how we saw it on the Beat dashboard.
Go to Games> Click on Browse Games> Go down to Search Games>type in Warcraft> Repeat until you see one that says Game Marketplace and a picture of Two Kids all excited in the Advertisement section> Then scroll to the right. It is going to be there in the Ad section. If not start over. But i assure you it is there. Looking at it right now. Took about 3 time of typing in Warcraft to get the Games Marketplace Advert. Good Luck![/QUOTE]

ive found the ad using this method and d/l the 2 shirts also seen the slim jim ad too once u finally find the marketplace ad u have 2 chances to find the ad you are looking for this method may work for all the avatar ads seing as how i found the slim jim one if u dont find ad just refresh and keep trying

There's a Verizon 4G LTE Tablet prop now available (in addition to the Hover Board). Just look for the Verizon ad. Enjoy!

[quote name='chuckie88']
P.S. I now believe that I will never, EVER view the Skittles advertisement.[/QUOTE]
+2

[quote name='Esphyrian']There's a Verizon 4G LTE Tablet prop now available (in addition to the Hover Board). Just look for the Verizon ad. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

The Tablet was actually first, the board second. There will be 5 total apparently.

Thanks for the WoW shirts. Did the search thing and got it after awhile after I used kinect to bing Warcraft it. Then found that sponsor ad thing and clicked it until the WoW ad showed up. Tried doing a bing search on slim jim with kinect but it kept thinking I was saying slam jam, slimer, slamma jam so I gave up.

[quote name='collecionador']the controller trick works for WoW t-shirts?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed that both the searching trick (on Beta) and two-controller trick work for WoW shirts. =)

[quote name='kitpowers007']Thanks for the WoW shirts. Did the search thing and got it after awhile after I used kinect to bing Warcraft it. Then found that sponsor ad thing and clicked it until the WoW ad showed up. Tried doing a bing search on slim jim with kinect but it kept thinking I was saying slam jam, slimer, slamma jam so I gave up.[/QUOTE]

What is this method exactly?

I'm trying to find the Slim Jim ad on a non-Beta dash, but having no luck. I wonder if this would work for me.

Thanks, I skipped that ad several times but I shant skip it again.

Got all the freebies on dashboard, except Slim Jim offer. Any suggestions on how to make it appear? Does gender play a role for ads? lol.. Any other females having same problem with Slim Jim not showing up? Perhaps making a new account with specific D.O.B will help?

Trying the gamer marketplace trick for beta. Just curious if anyone else is only getting the stuff to pop up for the second two options.

picks spins for a few seconds and then says "Nothing to show"
spotlight and games both load quickly and bring up ads
but add-ons, avatars, demos and extras just sit spinning and never load.

I'm running fairly fast cable internet, so it's not that.

EDIT: Finally got the WoW shirts. I just went to the games bar and search games skipping the browse section. I then just typed in aa because I'm lazy.

[quote name='pyoobez']Trying the gamer marketplace trick for beta. Just curious if anyone else is only getting the stuff to pop up for the second two options.

picks spins for a few seconds and then says "Nothing to show"
spotlight and games both load quickly and bring up ads
but add-ons, avatars, demos and extras just sit spinning and never load.

I'm running fairly fast cable internet, so it's not that.

EDIT: Finally got the WoW shirts. I just went to the games bar and search games skipping the browse section. I then just typed in aa because I'm lazy.
[/QUOTE]

I'm also (regretfully now) running the Beta dash and the only ads I've ever seen were for Kinect Sports Season Two (~95% of the time) and a toss-up between Kinect Fun Labs & "Xbox Live Rewards" (for the other ~5%). :shame: The Beta dash might be somewhat more tolerable if it also didn't take me at least 20 frustrating minutes to get the damned HBO Go app to sorta work :wall: (my wife & I were happily getting caught up with the last two seasons of True Blood… at least until the Beta hit my console).

Anyway, getting back to the subject at hand, just wanted to say my Beta dash experiences are exactly the same as yours:
  • It takes me on average 4-5 tries before the "Game Marketplace" ad appears.

Upon entering into the "Game Marketplace" section:
  • picks quickly spits out "Nothing to show";
  • spotlight and games indeed both loaded quickly and bring up ads;
  • but the add-ons, avatars, demos and extras sections just sit there like dead lumps, forever spinning…

The ads I've personally been getting (so far) are:
  • World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria trailer + avatar gear (woohoo) — and yes, I was easily able to get both shirts! \\:D/
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown trailer
  • Aspire S5 Ultrabook™
  • Zuma's Revenge trailer

In the end, this might not seem like a whole lot, but for me those are four ads I was unable to see previously… plus two WoW avatar items.
Many thanks go out to draven1089 for sharing his method with us!

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow advertisement showed up when I turned on my 360 yesterday so that was cool.
I was offered to join the dashboard beta but I'm 'kinda glad I was too lazy to do it.

[quote name='chuckie88']Wow advertisement showed up when I turned on my 360 yesterday so that was cool.
I was offered to join the dashboard beta but I'm 'kinda glad I was too lazy to do it.[/QUOTE]

This.

I was in the last beta and was reinvited, but I didn't get much out of it so I didn't get around to resigning up. :cool:

[quote name='draven1089']There is an Advert on the dashboard for World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria, once you watch the trailer it lets you download TWO FREE XBOX AVATAR T-SHIRTS! [/QUOTE]
I've seen that WoW ad dozens of times over past 3 weeks in my friutless search for the hover board on the Beta dash. And, thinking it was just a video, I simply ignored it.

[quote name='Snookie']Confirmed that both the searching trick (on Beta) and two-controller trick work for WoW shirts. =)[/QUOTE]

Just tried, the two controller trick don't work :(

[quote name='City Hunter']Just tried, the two controller trick don't work :([/QUOTE]

I was able to do it, so you must have done it wrong. =/

Steps:

• Sign into account 1 on first controller.
  • Find and open dashboard advertisement.
  • Download items for account 1.
  • Sign in account 2 with a second controller.
  • Using first controller, sign out of account 1.
  • On second controller, download items for account 2.
If you sign out of account 1 without having account 2 signed in, you will be dashboarded. Additionally, if you try to download with both accounts signed in, it will only let you download on whichever account first opened the advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back