List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='heraymo1']finally got the wow to work any tips on getting the slim jim ad[/QUOTE]

the same thing i just found the slim jim ad before the wow one came up

[quote name='Matty SoooRAD']Non-beta and can't find slim jim or skittles and I check like 15 minutes a day. All others were no problem[/QUOTE]

Same here. I got CarsLand and WoW both on my first login after they were released, but never have seen Skittles or Slim Jim ever.

[quote name='Matty SoooRAD']Non-beta and can't find slim jim or skittles and I check like 15 minutes a day. All others were no problem[/QUOTE]

These two have been rumored to be somewhat age specific i.e. 18-ish.

[quote name='pyoobez']These two have been rumored to be somewhat age specific i.e. 18-ish.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about this, I saw the Slim Jim ad right away but the Skittles ad remains a myth on my dashboard.

[quote name='chuckie88']What does this Skittles ad grant anyway?
Is it just another T-shirt, or something else?[/QUOTE]

It gives you a pack of skittles avatar prop.

I just got the warcraft shirts like 10 min ago, 30 year old female here. I am pretty sure I got the cars thing at some point. I haven't seen the skittles yet though, is that only for people in the beta, because I am not in the beta.

[quote name='SaraAB']I just got the warcraft shirts like 10 min ago, 30 year old female here. I am pretty sure I got the cars thing at some point. I haven't seen the skittles yet though, is that only for people in the beta, because I am not in the beta.[/QUOTE]

Im kinda jealous i spent way too much time and couldnt find them :(

Could we please stop talking about the cars ad. That was already some time ago and if you missed it, it's a shame but the advertisement doesn't appear anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skittles and Slim Jim avatar item:

Go to this link and log in with your US account:
https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1348404206&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=SAPI&wreply=https:%2F%2Faccount.live.com%2Fsummarypage.aspx&lc=1043&id=38936

Change your age to 01-01-1994 to get the Skittles pack advertisement.
Change your gender to male, country to United States and the state to Florida to get the Slim Jim T-shirt advertisement.

This worked for me and it took me 2 minutes for the Skittles ad to appear and 2 refreshes for the Slim Jim ad to appear.

First I only changed my age for the Skittles pack and booted up my Xbox and the ad appeared.
Second I changed the gender, country and state for the Slim Jim t-shirt and refreshed twice and the ad appeared.

O, and it seems that the Slim Jim T-shirt is a male only.

Hope it will work for you guys!

Enjoy! :cool:

I'm 21 and didn't have to change anything for those two ads. I think that's not the problem but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Also I'm on the beta.. I guess I got lucky. I'm still trying to get the hoverboard prop though.

[quote name='GDark']I'm 21 and didn't have to change anything for those two ads. I think that's not the problem but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Also I'm on the beta.. I guess I got lucky. I'm still trying to get the hoverboard prop though.[/QUOTE]

That is probably because your age is within the age range of the product and your settings were already within that range. I have read that it's confirmed working for people that have their settings on an age of 18, 19, 20 and now 21.

My settings were on an age of 30 (1982) and I refreshed like 50 times with no result. As soon as I made the changes the ads popped up almost instantly.

And I think that for the Slim Jim T-shirt the gender setting has to be on male to get it, because it seems to be a male only. And probably you also had that setting already set to male.

[quote name='Discus']That is probably because your age is within the age range of the product and your settings were already within that range. I have read that it's confirmed working for people that have their settings on an age of 18, 19, 20 and now 21.

My settings were on an age of 30 (1982) and I refreshed like 50 times with no result. As soon as I made the changes the ads popped up almost instantly.

And I think that for the Slim Jim T-shirt the gender setting has to be on male to get it, because it seems to be a male only. And probably you also had that setting already set to male.[/QUOTE]

I created a new accout for being 18 for the skittles and it never worked for me.

i could get the WoW shirts on the beta but the skittles and slimjim cannot be found even with the games marketplace search trick. i do not suggest the beta to anyone both me and my friend have seen mutiple crashes and disconnects. on just 1 sitting ive lost connection crashed my game and froze up my console. the beta aint worth it... just sayin

[quote name='Discus']Skittles and Slim Jim avatar item:

Go to this link and log in with your US account:
https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1348404206&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=SAPI&wreply=https:%2F%2Faccount.live.com%2Fsummarypage.aspx&lc=1043&id=38936

Change your age to 01-01-1994 to get the Skittles pack advertisement.
Change your gender to male, country to United States and the state to Florida to get the Slim Jim T-shirt advertisement.

This worked for me and it took me 2 minutes for the Skittles ad to appear and 2 refreshes for the Slim Jim ad to appear.

First I only changed my age for the Skittles pack and booted up my Xbox and the ad appeared.
Second I changed the gender, country and state for the Slim Jim t-shirt and refreshed twice and the ad appeared.

O, and it seems that the Slim Jim T-shirt is a male only.

Hope it will work for you guys!

Enjoy! :cool:[/QUOTE]

CONFIRMED

I got the Skittles ad in less than 5 mins after the age change to 1/1/1994

EDIT: Changed gender and locale, got Slim Jim on first shot. This is brilliant.

Ok after searching for the Warcraft shirts i finally got past the two pukes that looked like they were having fun while i was suffering searching.
At the second step I just kept getting that stupid Sherlock Holmes ad. Even saw it twice in one shot.
At least i got the Clear Mens scap therapy ad with those hot chicks. Im off to play WoW, will have to try again tomorrow.
Also for that link with it only being one day is wrong. Wowinsider says you have until Oct 6th http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/23/blizzard-offering-free-alliance-and-horde-xbox-avatar-shirts/

Changed my birthyear to 1994 and found the Skittles and Slim Jim ads within a few refreshes of the dash.
Rather depressing to think that Microsoft must think that 30year-olds are too old to be included in these avatar freebies...

I LIKE SKITTLES AND SLIM JIMS TOO, MICROSOFT!!
:/

^Yeah, I really don't get it. The Slim Jim ad is ALWAYS on one my ad tiles but I've never seen the Skittles one. The Warcraft, Klondike, and Verizon ones always seem to be present also. Oh well, if the Skittles ad never shows it's not really a big deal I guess.

[quote name='Zanzar']awesome, thanks! this gave me 1 ms point!
the looper costs -1, which adds one point to my total balance. from 1800 to 1801. haha
http://imageshack.us/a/img195/9200/1mspoint.png[/QUOTE]

Had that happen in the past...I have had 2msp in my account for a long time now I cant spend

dash.png

[quote name='DeLane79']Changed my birthyear to 1994 and found the Skittles and Slim Jim ads within a few refreshes of the dash.
Rather depressing to think that Microsoft must think that 30year-olds are too old to be included in these avatar freebies...

[/QUOTE]

I've been trying this method for the past two days and had zero success. No Skittles , no Slim Jim, just the same old stuff … well, with one exception — a link to the Axe Man Cave came up once. Oh joy for me. :cry:

Now, for those whom this method IS working, are you folks using the Beta dashboard (as I sadly am) or the normal one?

And DeLane79, I absolutely agree with your statement (with a small change):
It's rather depressing to know Microsoft believes 48-year-olds are too old to be included in these avatar freebies...

I know I want these, so why the hell can't Microsoft? :bs:
Truly does seem they feel older gamers such as myself should just roll over and die rather than continue gaming onward…

'Nuff said.

[quote name='Krispow']I've been trying this method for the past two days and had zero success. No Skittles , no Slim Jim, just the same old stuff … well, with one exception — a link to the Axe Man Cave came up once. Oh joy for me. :cry:

Now, for those whom this method IS working, are you folks using the Beta dashboard (as I sadly am) or the normal one?

And DeLane79, I absolutely agree with your statement (with a small change):
It's rather depressing to know Microsoft believes 48-year-olds are too old to be included in these avatar freebies...

I know I want these, so why the hell can't Microsoft? :bs:
Truly does seem they feel older gamers such as myself should just roll over and die rather than continue gaming onward…

'Nuff said.[/QUOTE]
I didn't sign up for the beta, so I'm just using the regular old dashboard. Hope that helps!

[quote name='DeLane79']I didn't sign up for the beta, so I'm just using the regular old dashboard. Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I was able to get the Slim Jim ad to appear (finally!) by changing my age to 18, and my location to Florida.

Non-beta dash.
[/QUOTE]

Many thanks! It does indeed help… at least, I think it does.

I've heard back from a couple friends as well, both of whom are also using the regular non-Beta dashboard.

Judging from all the comments (including earlier ones in this thread), it seems that the "18, Male, Florida" routine is working great … so long as you're a non-Beta dash user. It sadly remains a crapshoot at best for us Beta "users"*.

So much for that… oh well, it certainly was worth a try (and was still a great find).

Cheers all!

* It's hard to call myself a Beta "user" when the dash is barely Beta-quality at present. :shame:

Used the 1/1/94 / Florida trick. Non-beta dash user. Got Skittles and Slim Jim ads after 15 minutes or so. Very first ads that came up were for World of Warcraft, Looper, and Translyvania or whatever movie, plus a Pringles ad for themes I hadn't seen before.

Thanks for the link to change age. Was not able to find the Skittles ad til I did the change age thing.

Sucks that had to change all that for the prop but now I can enter the contest via email til November. LoL

Cheers

[quote name='COLDblood']Had that happen in the past...I have had 2msp in my account for a long time now I cant spend

dash.png
[/QUOTE]

I had 1 extra forever as I bought an mp3 I think from Zune as they used to have them cost 79.

Luckily, the brown leather case for the first Zune came with a card for 79 ms points (and possibly some other cases). I applied that and I'm back at ending with 0.

Really? 42 points? Any fan of Douglas Adams would be laughing his ass off right now. ;) Only 1000 more GS until I've caught up to you too, Cold. :D

GMF34-YPRFD-PGRKV-PCRKQ-XM9QZ
KYQJY-MRMP3-3KP2G-T73WH-9PYFZ
D4C63-WYMG3-3V9HH-M6MGT-9GHHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back