List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MrsTimberlake']*REMINDER*
to everyone to make sure you watch the presidential debates tonight on your Xbox live event player from 9-10:30pm ET (6-7:30pm PT)

• 10/3
  • 10/11
  • 10/16
  • 10/22
http://rewards.xbox.com/get-yours/landing/election-2012
cuz remember you have to watch 3/4 for at least 30 minutes each and be signed up with the rewards program to get the Halo 4 warrior avatar armor

*anyways I have a question*
I am going to be home at 6 to press play but I have to leave right after (it's my bday :)) and I missed 10/3 so can someone tell me what the deal was with people getting kicked out and having to click play again? I really need to get this one to count or I'll be diqualified :( is it going to matter when my controller turns off or is it not going to matter like when it turns off during Netflix?[/QUOTE]

I got kicked off last time and I was actually watching the debate. I think Microsoft just can't handle the server load.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I got kicked off last time and I was actually watching the debate. I think Microsoft just can't handle the server load.[/QUOTE]
Ya I clicked watch at 6 and finished getting ready to go out and not even 5 minutes in it kicked me - so I started again and waited and it kicked me about 10 minutes after. I put it back on watch but I had to leave so I'm hopin it went through for a while. I'm sure they're gonna get a lot of complaints from people.

It only kicked me out during the beginning due to servers being bombarded. But like ten minutes later I go on and leave and watch tv and don't even answer in their polls and come back at the end and Im still good.

For the first debate it just would not load for me and then when it did it stopped a lot (buffering of dooooom). I gave up and watched it on tv. Last night it had trouble loading the app saying it was offline (which it wasn't). Once it decide to play it was really improved a lot less buffering but still it's pretty pointless to watch on the xbox when it does crap like that. Not like the debate isn't televised on public tv...I was going for the armor but this is kinda dumb now.

[quote name='FanFare']if you have a gold account -- not trial -- you'll find it free on the dashboard[/QUOTE] I'm gold (non-beta) and it's not available for download for me yet.

[quote name='FanFare']if you have a gold account -- not trial -- you'll find it free on the dashboard[/QUOTE]

I do have Gold and I'm looking in the dash as we speak. Its only shows Happy wars trailer for download. No demo or anything.

[quote name='Esphyrian']I'm gold (non-beta) and it's not available for download for me yet.[/QUOTE]
Just discovered that someone who has the game will have to 'invite' you so that you can download it b/c it's not on the dash currently.

Just throwing it out there, The Skittles Avatar Prop is still out there, I finally got it after i used my friends non-beta xbox. It popped up rather easily.

Still haven't seen the Slim Jim ad, and I wish there was a way for us to know how much time we were watching which debates. I had 29-30 minutes this time, but I don't know for sure. I was late because I came back from class and my siblings were watching Crackle.

Has the GameStop ad updated? Last time I saw it, they said the Downloads section would be "COMING SOON."

[quote name='scarsofthumper']So I'm getting dashboard ads again and I was just able to claim the Chasing Mavericks surfboard.

I'm on beta btw.[/QUOTE]

Just about to post!

Are ads are back for Beta peopel!

Supposedly there is a free iron fist avatar prop that you can get on the US dashboard. Look for an ad for the movie called "The Man with the Iron Fists". I haven't seen the ad myself.

http://www.themexbox.com/forum/index.php?topic=4666.msg70544

[quote name='EnzeruAnimeFan']Still haven't seen the Slim Jim ad[/QUOTE]

Someone on here recommended changing the state for your address to Florida for the Slim Jim ad. Also, changing your age to 18 supposedly helps to find the Skittles ad.

I did both of these and I was able to find them. This morning I have seen the Slim Jim, Maverick, and Skittles ads. Make sure to check each section. The Slim Jim ad and Skittles ads were in the "tv & movies" section.

It's nice to have the ads back for those of us on the beta. Funny to even say that. We were missing out on lots of freebies. Maybe we'll be able to get the ones we missed. I still haven't seen the Hotel Transylvania ad. I guess I missed that one.

I am on the BETA - still have the BETA channel/blade/tab...whatever you call it. My last dashboard update was a couple days ago. I was not seeing ads last night, but am seeing ads today. I got the Iron Fists, Verizon Hoverboard and Chasing Mavericks surfboard immediately upon starting up today.

I think I am just missing the Slim Jim and Hotel Transylvania goodies, but there seemed to be so many recently there could be others.

So we get to keep Happy Wars for free if we're in the beta? Somehow mine was showing as corrupted and i had to delete it off the HD the other day.

[quote name='praxus07']So we get to keep Happy Wars for free if we're in the beta? Somehow mine was showing as corrupted and i had to delete it off the HD the other day.[/QUOTE]

ya same happened to me. its probably just because technically its a different version since that one was the beta and this is the full version.

[quote name='Psycosis86']I watched the ad, but didnt get any prop... I'll have to check it again.

US, non-beta[/QUOTE]

There are two ads for the "The Man with the Iron Fists". The small ad tile will just play a trailer for the movie. The large ad tile will have the avatar prop.

[quote name='CodeTrader']There are two ads for the "The Man with the Iron Fists". The small ad tile will just play a trailer for the movie. The large ad tile will have the avatar prop.[/QUOTE]

I watched the small tile for my "The Mane with the Iron Fist" prop.

[quote name='BigBob']I watched the small tile for my "The Mane with the Iron Fist" prop.[/QUOTE]

I never had to redownload Happy Wars? Thats weird, Unless you guys are saying you downloaded it before the pre release and was just playing on the Beta.

[quote name='CodeTrader']There are two ads for the "The Man with the Iron Fists". The small ad tile will just play a trailer for the movie. The large ad tile will have the avatar prop.[/QUOTE]

I watched the trailer again, and this time the offer for the prop popped up.

I'm on Beta, 35 y.o. and in Puerto Rico. Got the Chasing Mavericks and Verizon boards,The Man with the Iron Fists prop and the Slim Jim shirt just today. That been said I don't think there's an age restriction on the Slim Jim shirt.

[quote name='EnzeruAnimeFan']How do you change your age for the Slim Jim prop?[/QUOTE]

Just saying, again, I'm not 18 - I didn't have to change my age - I'm 35 and it worked.

I'm of the opinion that the whole age changing thing is just coincidence.
I have seen all of the advertisements but one without ever adjustiing it.

The near-mythical Skittles ad has always eluded me however.;)

After being off the grid (beta, LOL), I have FINALLY been able to get the avatar items. Did I get them all?
Skittles
Slim Jim
Iron Fists
Verizon
Catching Mavericks

Thanks. :D

[quote name='juanawoman']After being off the grid (beta, LOL), I have FINALLY been able to get the avatar items. Did I get them all?
Skittles
Slim Jim
Iron Fists
Verizon
Catching Mavericks

Thanks. :D[/QUOTE]

same here. I'm happy
Now i just hope they release the Silent hill head prop to the US also
that prop is sick!

[quote name='chuckie88']I'm of the opinion that the whole age changing thing is just coincidence.
I have seen all of the advertisements but one without ever adjustiing it.

The near-mythical Skittles ad has always eluded me however.;)[/QUOTE]

I never saw the skittles or Slim Jim ad until I changed the age on my silver account. Then it popped up on the 2nd try and popped up almost every time after that; still nothing on my primary account. The age does seem to have some degree of success in getting it to show up.

I can't find the Slim Jim or Catching Mavericks on my main account. There is at least 2 ads are for L'Oreal each time. I guess 22 year old guys are more likely to buy makeup than Slim Jims... Although I guess we still like candy because I almost always get an ad for skittles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 99% sure the dancentral 3 promo is OVER
And The verizone tablet is old. It's the first prop they released followed by the hovercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back