List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dbuck1818']All i know is i didnt get my Iron Fist prop, And i watched the trailer like 7 times.[/QUOTE]

there is 2 kind of ad for that prop
must view the one that comes with the prop
first 2 times I saw the ad, it gave me nothing. third time it came with the prop
just gotta get lucky

[quote name='BlankUsername32']I can't find the Slim Jim or Catching Mavericks on my main account. There is at least 2 ads are for L'Oreal each time. I guess 22 year old guys are more likely to buy makeup than Slim Jims... Although I guess we still like candy because I almost always get an ad for skittles.[/QUOTE]

There's a new Slim Jim ad promoting the EA deal. You can get the shirt through it. It's showing up pretty commonly for me (29 y/o male in the US)

[quote name='iRandom']there is 2 kind of ad for that prop
must view the one that comes with the prop
first 2 times I saw the ad, it gave me nothing. third time it came with the prop
just gotta get lucky[/QUOTE]

Ohhh alrite, I was wondering why It wasnt going for me, Maybe i need the one that doesnt ask the favorite movie question?

[quote name='pyoobez']There's a new Slim Jim ad promoting the EA deal. You can get the shirt through it. It's showing up pretty commonly for me (29 y/o male in the US)[/QUOTE]

I'm having no luck finding the Slim Jim ad using my US account. What does this "EA deal" look like? More details please. I have collected all the freebie avatar items except the SJ one. This EA mention is new news to me, I don't know what to look for.

[quote name='Pekin Duck']I'm having no luck finding the Slim Jim ad using my US account. What does this "EA deal" look like? More details please. I have collected all the freebie avatar items except the SJ one. This EA mention is new news to me, I don't know what to look for.[/QUOTE]

Try searching for Slim Jim using Bing and you should get the ad eventually.

[quote name='Pekin Duck']I'm having no luck finding the Slim Jim ad using my US account. What does this "EA deal" look like? More details please. I have collected all the freebie avatar items except the SJ one. This EA mention is new news to me, I don't know what to look for.[/QUOTE]

More or so the same
just look for an ad with slim jim on it and you'll get the prop

[quote name='shieryda']The only ad I have is for Mazda cars. I'm not in the beta.[/QUOTE]
I think the beta is over with now because I was on beta but my neighbor wasn't and his Xbox updated the other day to where he now has the same dashboard as me (more windows/smaller windows). Plus I wasn't getting any adds except for Kinect Sports but after his Xbox update I started getting all the adds.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']There is a free Kinect game on the marketplace called Intel Discovered. I don't have a link, sorry![/QUOTE]

It's already been posted. Twice.

[quote name='PottyPops']I think the beta is over with now because I was on beta but my neighbor wasn't and his Xbox updated the other day to where he now has the same dashboard as me (more windows/smaller windows). Plus I wasn't getting any adds except for Kinect Sports but after his Xbox update I started getting all the adds.[/QUOTE]

I still have the BETA tile/blade/whatever along the top of my two XBOXs. I am seeing ads, but think it is still the BETA. MS is usually a bit 'louder' about when big changes to the dashboard are happening for everyone and I haven't been hearing anything. All of this said, I could be wrong and I just haven't gotten the very latest update update though I used my systems yesterday without an update prompt.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I still have the BETA tile/blade/whatever along the top of my two XBOXs. I am seeing ads, but think it is still the BETA. MS is usually a bit 'louder' about when big changes to the dashboard are happening for everyone and I haven't been hearing anything. All of this said, I could be wrong and I just haven't gotten the very latest update update though I used my systems yesterday without an update prompt.[/QUOTE]

Started rolling out on Monday:
http://majornelson.com/2012/10/15/new-xbox-360-dashboard-update-starts-rolling-out-today/

Sure the last beta isn't the same as the final release?

[quote name='mikehaggar99']Started rolling out on Monday:
http://majornelson.com/2012/10/15/new-xbox-360-dashboard-update-starts-rolling-out-today/

Sure the last beta isn't the same as the final release?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neuropolis']It's not, but lots of people haven't gotten the update yet, including myself. They're staggering the availability in order to avoid stress on the servers.[/QUOTE]
FWIW, I was in the beta and I didn't get a prompt for a new system update. I just turned it on Monday and the beta tab was gone.

[quote name='shieryda']The only ad I have is for Mazda cars. I'm not in the beta.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the beta and that's the only ad I've been getting....except this one L'Oreal ad for some style app....which is really weird because I'm a guy.

[quote name='seppuku']I'm on the beta and that's the only ad I've been getting....except this one L'Oreal ad for some style app....which is really weird because I'm a guy.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting that too. There aren't any achievements for it, sadly. A roommate caught me seeing how "fabulous" I am and now there's a bottle of Herbal Essences in the shower with my name written on it. =\

Free avatar promo running on the Xbox dashboard "US Only" for "Wreck it Ralph".

674212710.png

[quote name='Warrio_r']Thanks but it seems region locked! Not valid in Europe i´ve to try in the xbox with an us acount.[/QUOTE]

I'm in EU and downloaded it with my USA Silver account. Created that account long time ago for such purposes.

[quote name='bat0nas']I'm in EU and downloaded it with my USA Silver account. Created that account long time ago for such purposes.[/QUOTE]

Same here...

For a better trick then the two controller trick people.. Create a US account, Click the ad when it shows, then when your on the ad page, Sign out and into your Gold account. Even if its region locked, You can still download :D

And now you know :cool:

Ad for some stupid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that promises TMNT Gear will play a commercial then lead you to the store page where everything costs Microsoft Points...

[quote name='Dbuck1818']Same here...

For a better trick then the two controller trick people.. Create a US account, Click the ad when it shows, then when your on the ad page, Sign out and into your Gold account. Even if its region locked, You can still download :D

And now you know :cool:[/QUOTE]
When I tried that before, it game me a market error.

[quote name='hammurabi1337']Ad for some stupid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that promises TMNT Gear will play a commercial then lead you to the store page where everything costs Microsoft Points...[/QUOTE]

yeah saw that ad. breaks my heart

also, the silent hill head prop for Canada still on. tried getting it on my main us account using the 2 controller trick, but to no avail.

btw, is the wow pandaria shirt still on?

I got a break from the Mazda ads yesterday and was graced with the Wreck Ralph ad and some Degree Masters of Movement ad with Bear Grylls and a few other manly men. The latter ad featured a few themes and some gamer picks. I downloaded the themes but passed on the pics (wish I had grabbed the though in case there was something cool). Haven't checked out the themes yet, but I'm sure your standard main street dribble.

[quote name='seppuku']I got a break from the Mazda ads yesterday and was graced with the Wreck Ralph ad and some Degree Masters of Movement ad with Bear Grylls and a few other manly men. The latter ad featured a few themes and some gamer picks. I downloaded the themes but passed on the pics (wish I had grabbed the though in case there was something cool). Haven't checked out the themes yet, but I'm sure your standard main street dribble.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to find themes or gamer pics easily by going to the Games section, Browse Games and then Extras. There is a section for themes and gamer pics. Just sort by release date and you should find the free themes or gamer pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
The full version includes all the skins from the trial. I'm not sure if they "combine," but probably not. If you don't want the few extra kilobytes on your HDD, you'll probably have to delete the trial.

I ran across an ad for the US Marines last night. It has a number of videos you have to watch, but after watching them there are a few themes and gamerpics.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I ran across an ad for the US Marines last night. It has a number of videos you have to watch, but after watching them there are a few themes and gamerpics.[/QUOTE]
Just thought I'd let you know that Marine's ad w/ pics & theme has been on Xbox for at least 2 or 3 years.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I ran across an ad for the US Marines last night. It has a number of videos you have to watch, but after watching them there are a few themes and gamerpics.[/QUOTE]

There's tons and tons of free themes and gamerpics, too many to bother posting here.

[quote name='BlankUsername32']There's tons and tons of free themes and gamerpics, too many to bother posting here.[/QUOTE]

I agree - the main reason I noted this is that the dashboard ad didn't say what the free downloads were until you watched all the videos. I didn't want others wasting their time going through the videos only to discover it was only themes and gamerpics. There are other dashboard ads that after watching videos you get avatar goodies so thought it was worth noting what you got with this one.

[quote name='BlankUsername32']There's tons and tons of free themes and gamerpics, too many to bother posting here.[/QUOTE]

Not saying I care...
But some people do care about the Gamer-Pics and Themes..

they only care if its premium or rare but if its for like advertising a project/movie then its just useless and a waste of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back