List of Bestbuy stores w/ GGC

chunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
We need a list of Bestbuy stores which still carry the Gamer Gift Card (GGC). Post the store here along with the date you checked and I will update the list when I have time.

--------------------------
Not Carrying:
Levittown, NY
Orland Park, IL
Joliet, IL
Mt Laurel(Eastgate), NJ
Rockford, IL
Westbury, NY
Danvers, MA
Carefree Circle, Colorado Springs, CO (Store 212)
Academy, Colorado Springs, CO (Store 298)
Greenville, SC
Avon, IN
Tucker, GA

Carrying:
Williston, VT
Mishawaka, IN
Lansing, MI
East Lansing, MI
Philadelphia, PA (Store 898)
Racine, WI
Opelika, AL
Homestead, PA
Selma, TX
Hadley,MA
Montgomery, AL
Fort Smith, AR
Beaverton, OR (Store #451)
Redding, CA
Countryside, IL (store #324)
Modesto, CA
Mira Mesa - San Diego, CA
Fairfield, CA
Anderson, SC
Indianapolis, IN
Adventura, FL
Valdosta, GA
notes:
-see thread for dates checked
-updated to post #47

It's been a while since I saw any at either the Orland Park, IL or Joliet, IL stores. They have the $29.99 ones, but I haven't seen the $19.99 ones in a couple months.

Whoa, you live near levittown bestbuy? Ive been there so many times, there is a fye near there, they are horrible (the fye is horrible) the bestbuy is always busy too.

[quote name='chickenhawk']It's been a while since I saw any at either the Orland Park, IL or Joliet, IL stores. They have the $29.99 ones, but I haven't seen the $19.99 ones in a couple months.[/QUOTE]

$29.99 ones? I've never seen those before.

What is it, $5 off $29.99+?

We need a list of Bestbuy stores which still carry the GGC. Post the store here along with the date you checked and I will update the list when I have time.

Not Carrying:
Levittown NY 6/2005
Orland Park, IL 6/2005
Joliet, IL 6/2005

Carrying:
Williston, VT 6/2005
Mishawaka, IN 6/2005

[quote name='chunk']$29.99 ones? I've never seen those before.

What is it, $5 off $29.99+?[/QUOTE]

Yep, and they are system specific to boot! I don't think I've seen GC ones, but I have seen PS2 and Xbox ones. I think there is even one for $5 off any EA game $29.99 and up.

In Philadelphia, PA, so far:

S Philadelphia PA (Store 898)
2300 S Christopher Columbus Bv
Philadelphia, PA 19148-2897

I haven't been to my local BB, but the last time I was there (in May), they had the $19.99 GGC.

[quote name='help1']Whoa, you live near levittown bestbuy? Ive been there so many times, there is a fye near there, they are horrible (the fye is horrible) the bestbuy is always busy too.[/QUOTE]

I know that FYE....they charge 52.99 for new games...

And that Best Buy just did a horrible remodel.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Philadelphia, PA

I haven't been to my local BB, but the last time I was there (in May), they had the $19.99 GGC.[/QUOTE]
Which Philadelphia store?

Langhorne/Falls/Oxford Valley (however the store may be listed) has them occasionally, but it's a craps shoot.

Same goes for Princeton/West Windsor NJ

[quote name='BigDirty']Which Philadelphia store?

Langhorne/Falls/Oxford Valley (however the store may be listed) has them occasionally, but it's a craps shoot.

Same goes for Princeton/West Windsor NJ[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I meant this store location in Philadelphia, PA:

S Philadelphia PA (Store 898)
2300 S Christopher Columbus Bv
Philadelphia, PA 19148-2897

I've editted the original post to help avoid any further confusion.

[quote name='BigDirty']Which Philadelphia store?

Same goes for Princeton/West Windsor NJ[/QUOTE]

So should I put these stores under yay or nay?

Do you guys think I should make a new category for "maybe"?

The Best Buy in the Forum (Selma Texas, Northeast of San Antonio) has the GGC.
Coupon is inside of jewel case for $5 off of any game regularly priced at 19.99.

I just bought the last two GGC's in the Mt Laurel(Eastgate) NJ Best Buy.
I'm pretty sure they don't have any more.
Actually they do have one more, but someone ripped out the coupon in the back and left the gift card! That was pretty bold.

Fort Smith, AR still has them from time to time. They have hundreds of the old ones though. Maybe I should ask if they will take the old ones if I put money on them in 2005. I heard somewhere on here that you could get a manager or something to okay it or something. I think I'll try next tiem I'm in there.

The Redding, California store has both the 19.99 ones and the 29.99 ones... and they even have some of the year old expired 19.99 ones out on display... stupid fuckers.

I know for a fact that the Best Buy in Countryside, IL (store #324) has GGCs. They have the "$19.99" GGCs that expire on December 31st of this year.

[quote name='MrMaddness']I know that FYE....they charge 52.99 for new games...

And that Best Buy just did a horrible remodel.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the FYE is terrible, you ever see taht fat-ass indian girl that works there? She gives me night mares.

[quote name='chunk']So should I put these stores under yay or nay?

Do you guys think I should make a new category for "maybe"?[/QUOTE]

I would go with a maybe/YMMV category, so someone knows that they know to at least take a look with no garuntees.

Fairfield, California has them. If I remember, they're with the games, not the rest of the gift cards. I just got and XBox GCC 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Saw alot about 2 weeks ago in Adventura,Fl, was just there but didnt check, might go later this week tho. (put as much as you want in them)

[quote name='oxidative']Fairfield, California has them. If I remember, they're with the games, not the rest of the gift cards. I just got and XBox GCC 2 or 3 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox card sucks... it's for 29.99 or more...

Store 212, Carefree Circle, Colorado Springs, CO -- No.
Store 298, Academy, Colorado Springs, CO -- No.

Don't these cards come in and out of stock? Several times I have not seen any at a store, then I will see plenty when I visit again in a couple of weeks.

Here's a tip: the giftcards are not only found in the game section. Nearly every BB I've been to has a fairly large supply behind the customer service desk. I've also seen them very often under the new release CD's and in the gift card stands in the front of the store.

[quote name='Josef']Don't these cards come in and out of stock? Several times I have not seen any at a store, then I will see plenty when I visit again in a couple of weeks.

Here's a tip: the giftcards are not only found in the game section. Nearly every BB I've been to has a fairly large supply behind the customer service desk. I've also seen them very often under the new release CD's and in the gift card stands in the front of the store.[/QUOTE]

Well...I think that they come in and out of stock at some stores, but the general consensus appears to be that most stores either have them or they don't.

I know that they aren't always located in the gaming section (my local bestbuy always had them in the gift card stands in the front of the store), but I've nevered checked behind the customer service desk. I will have to check there. Thanks for the tip.

bread's done
Back