List of Games Affected by Microsoft Pulling the Plug on Original Xbox DLC

Ditto. Gotta find a few more like SC:CT and PGR 2. I think I'll do this on my old xbox as well since I think it was just a problem with the optical drive. If my replacement system dies, I'll have all the DLC on the old system as well and I'll try to fix it. And I'll DL it for BC game on my 360 when it gets returned to me from MS.

I know there are some other ways to play games online so Halo 2 maps and mp stuff may still be handy if you want to go that route.

I take it microsoft has no way to log onto a pc and download all the DLC for the original xbox games and burn them to a disc to keep forever.

ESPN Baseball and Football (didn't have numbers, but they're 2k4) both have a few roster updates.

NFL2k3 lists DLC, but wouldn't connect so maybe that server was dropped awhile back.

[quote name='sendme']I take it microsoft has no way to log onto a pc and download all the DLC for the original xbox games and burn them to a disc to keep forever.[/QUOTE]I think there is a way if you have a hacked xbox. There's a site you can DL any of the DLC from. Think I remember seeing it on gamefaqs. Don't know of a more legit way.

Thanks Shrike!
Both PGR2 downloads are $4.99 each and I would have to pay to redownload one I donwnloaded on my last xbox.

Unreal 2 (not Championship 2) lists DLC but the DLC downloader search found no DLC available.

Timesplitters FP still has user maps available for download.

[quote name='GUNNM']We can still play original xbox games on the 360, right[/QUOTE]You can still play them after that point, though if they use XBL, they won't work for anything related to XBL, such an online MP, content download, etc.

Well as of today the Mechassault content for both games that is 4.99 is still that price. Also if it is still able to be downloaded Steel Battalion: Line of Contact has stuff to download too. Servers were shut down but I think their is still a way to get on and play and Capcom put all the DLC that you had to unlock up to download. I will try this next week as I really don't want to dig out the controller this weekend.

I haven't hooked up my original Xbox online in a long, long time. Can I still log onto Xbox Live since the account is associated with my 360?

Also, since the content is going away soon, are you guys downloading it to both your original Xbox and to your 360?

James,
Yes, you can still log into Live with you original xbox as well as your 360, you just can't have both online at the same time. If you have one online and you connect to live with the second, then the first will disconnect from live.

I have DLed all the content I can onto my original xbox and have DLed most of the content for BC games onto my 360. I'll probably also DL onto my broken xbox (the dvd drive locks up) just in case the other one breaks and I can Frankenstein them together. Might as well since after tax day the DL content will most likely never be available again and as far as I know you can't copy content from one drive to another (without modding).

Wow, this downloading of content for your entire collection is really a pain. Too bad somebody couldn't make a DVD with all the content . . .

So first I got all the DLC onto my original Xbox. Then I did it all for my 360 with those games that are backwards compatible. Now I'm doing it all again onto another first gen Xbox that I picked up for $10 at a yard sale. For the latter, I had to create another Xbox Live account using a 2-month trial card that came in a game. Still, once I'm done setting up this 2nd Xbox, I'll be able to hook them up via system link to play co-op at least. Deathmatches with only two wouldn't be that fun.

So are you guys done getting ready for the pulling of the plug on Thursday?

Hi guys, will this effect my ability to download the initial patch to let me play a game on the 360, or will I still be able to do that?

Only thing I still have left to do is make a couple more saves with Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Packs in different costumes. I'd also like to get in another online game of DOA2 before it shuts off.

I kept thinking that I had through next weekend to do this, but realized the 15th is this week so I gathered up my games and threw in a few. Jeez does this take long. Every single game with an update or DLC has to load up, then download the update and then restart. The loading times for SC: Chaos Theory are insane. Also it keeps telling me that some of the DLC I had downloaded before is corrupt? How is that happening? I'm really debating on if I should do this or not. Especially if I spend all this time to DL the content, then actually decide to play something down the road and all the DLC is corrupted anyways.

[quote name='James in VA']Wow, this downloading of content for your entire collection is really a pain. Too bad somebody couldn't make a DVD with all the content . . .[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's a hassle. While looking through my original xbox games I found a bunch of OXM discs from my old subscription and there were several discs with DLC on them.

[quote name='James in VA']So first I got all the DLC onto my original Xbox. Then I did it all for my 360 with those games that are backwards compatible. Now I'm doing it all again onto another first gen Xbox that I picked up for $10 at a yard sale. For the latter, I had to create another Xbox Live account using a 2-month trial card that came in a game. Still, once I'm done setting up this 2nd Xbox, I'll be able to hook them up via system link to play co-op at least. Deathmatches with only two wouldn't be that fun.

So are you guys done getting ready for the pulling of the plug on Thursday?[/QUOTE]Still have to finish DLing onto my semi-busted ogxbox. you shoulda been able to move your live account by saving to a memory card and then copying it to the hd of the other xbox. I know my account is on my new one and I didn't import it.

If you really want to play online after tax day, there is a program called xbox connect which you can install on a pc and use to play online. I've heard of it alot, but never used it. I think you can even play games online like that don't have online like Halo 1. I guess it's fooled into thinking that you're on a system link instead of online.

[quote name='Kaoz']Hi guys, will this effect my ability to download the initial patch to let me play a game on the 360, or will I still be able to do that?[/QUOTE]All indication is that we will still be able to play original xbox games including Xbox Original downloadable games, but we won't be able to download DLC and play online portions of games. Since it's really a patch for the 360 and not for the individual game it SHOULD still work, but you never know. I'd load up any games I really wanted to play on the 360 and force the patch DL just in case, but I'm paranoid like that.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I kept thinking that I had through next weekend to do this, but realized the 15th is this week so I gathered up my games and threw in a few. Jeez does this take long. Every single game with an update or DLC has to load up, then download the update and then restart. The loading times for SC: Chaos Theory are insane. Also it keeps telling me that some of the DLC I had downloaded before is corrupt? How is that happening? I'm really debating on if I should do this or not. Especially if I spend all this time to DL the content, then actually decide to play something down the road and all the DLC is corrupted anyways.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it takes forever, especially on ogxboxes with their much slower download speeds. SC:CT is ridiculous and you have to do the mp tutorial before you can DL the mp stuff. Haven't done that on any system yet. I think one game had maps that "corrupted" because there were new versions which needed to be updated. May have been Halo 2 though. You could always back up what you can on memory cards, although some stuff like Splinter Cell 1 DLs and KOTOR's DL are too big.

[quote name='jdawgg76']If you really want to play online after tax day, there is a program called xbox connect which you can install on a pc and use to play online. I've heard of it alot, but never used it. I think you can even play games online like that don't have online like Halo 1. I guess it's fooled into thinking that you're on a system link instead of online.[/QUOTE]

@jdawgg76: Thanks for that tip! I'll look into it.

For the backwards compatible games, I'm wondering if the DLC that is now on my 360 hard drive can be transfered onto a thumb drive with that new USB storage feature that just went live last week. I have not had the chance to try that. If it works, this would be another way to archive at least some of the content.

I'm hoping to get my 2nd Xbox done by Wednesday night so I can go on-line one last time on Thursday to play some Crimson Skies, Burnout 3, Halo 2 etc.

I'd like to play some crimson skies, too, but i gotta finish dling stuff and taxes. At least I can kinda do both at once so hopefully I finish taxes tonight.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, it takes forever, especially on ogxboxes with their much slower download speeds. SC:CT is ridiculous and you have to do the mp tutorial before you can DL the mp stuff. Haven't done that on any system yet. I think one game had maps that "corrupted" because there were new versions which needed to be updated. May have been Halo 2 though. You could always back up what you can on memory cards, although some stuff like Splinter Cell 1 DLs and KOTOR's DL are too big.[/QUOTE]

Well I broke down last night, sorted out all my games and downloaded everything to my 3 og xboxes and the old 20gb HDD of my 360. After sorting the games I probably only had 25 games that I needed to DL content for and luckily I found that I had already downloaded a lot of the content to the OG systems in the past. None of the content on the OG systems was corrupted from what I could tell, but pretty much everything was on the 360. I actually found that the download speeds were slightly a bit faster on the OG systems. Probably it was just because the games loaded quicker on the OG due to not having to deal with the emulator and such.

The SC:CT is a pain having to do the tutorial, but you can copy your save file from your other OG systems on a memory card and move it over to other systems to get around doing the tutorial mission. No work around for the 360 though.

I didn't find any other content than what was listed here, but I can't say I checked every game. If it wasn't on this list, or indicated that it was live enabled with content download on the back of the case, I didn't bother.

One nice thing about the OG xbox is that MS still hadn't perfected how to charge for every single piece of DLC that was put out, so alot of these games have some decent single and MP content you can pick up. Might make one last run to GS/EB to see if I can pick up a couple of the ones I am missing.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I just downloaded all of the free content for games I own on both my Xbox and my 360(for BC games).

But why the fuck is Lucasarts still charging $5 for the SW:BFII expansion pack?

:wall:

[quote name='manthing']Thanks to everyone for the info.

I just downloaded all of the free content for games I own on both my Xbox and my 360(for BC games).

But why the fuck is Lucasarts still charging $5 for the SW:BFII expansion pack?

:wall:[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised how many games are still charging, out of all the games I remember I think Mech Assault I or II is still charging.

[quote name='skiizim']You would be surprised how many games are still charging, out of all the games I remember I think Mech Assault I or II is still charging.[/QUOTE]

Yea, there are still about 25 song packs up for DDR 1 thru 4 for $5 each! :wall:

That said, the DLC for the OG xbox was all over the board. There was no marketplace or anything like that so things just kind of appeared out there. Most of it was free, but MS and others started paving the way for things to come by charging for select content. I don't remember any of the pricing changing, maybe the last group of halo 2 maps were 3.99 at launch and became free down the road, but I'm not positive. With MS turning its back on the OG to focus on the 360 in 2005 they could have easily made everything free, but you know who you are dealing with here and that there was no way they would do that. Hell, it took them 2 or 3 years into the 360 life cycle to realize that running deals and cutting prices on content would drive purchases.

If you really want some of this DLC then you have no choice but to ante up today for it. That said, I haven't found anything on the list or on my own that was worth purchasing.

Personally, unless you have to own everything and have the rest of your evening free, I'd suggest just getting the free single player stuff and not wasting your time with the MP stuff, outside of the Halo 2 maps and the content from all 3 splinter cell games. I spent most of last night downloading all this stuff and the whole time I kept thinking "am I going to play this stuff ever?" I haven't played an OG xbox game in a looong time.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI on some downloads
Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers has downloadable content not listed at start of thread. (MP add on 2315 blocks)

NFL fever 2003 not BWC on xbox 360

Add
Incredibles Robot Battle Arena 794 blocks
I'll edit and add as I come across more info.

I know this is *really* late, but "SWAT: Global Strike" had 2 free dlc items. (I don't remember specifics, sorry.)

Thanks for this thread, by the way.

It looks like you can still play the original MechAssault too online at XBConnect. I haven't tried the service at all, but it basically appears that your PC emulates that you're at a LAN party and you can even play the original Halo through it, too. Neat. Will try this after April 15th.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'd really like the two paid courses on Links 2004 because it's an awesome game. But I'm not paying $5 each.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I was hoping the courses were free. so only one of the 3 listed in the OP is free?

Also here is an update not in the OP.

There were 3 roster updates and an All-Star Game rink download available for NHL Rivals.

Also someone mentioned there was DLC available for Steel Battalion LoC? How do you actually get to it in the menus? I wasn't able to find it and I've never really played the game. I don't want to have dragged out the controller and pedals for nothing! ;)

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'd really like the two paid courses on Links 2004 because it's an awesome game. But I'm not paying $5 each.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I was hoping the courses were free. so only one of the 3 listed in the OP is free?

Also someone mentioned there was DLC available for Steel Battalion LoC? How do you actually get to it in the menus? I wasn't able to find anything. I don't want to have dragged out the controller and pedals for nothing! ;)

[quote name='kklems']

Add
Incredibles Robot Battle Arena 794 blocks
[/QUOTE]

Which incredilbles game was it? Incredibles or Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer

Finally an update not in the OP:

NHL Rivals 2004 -
3 Roster updates
All-Star Game Rink

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Crap, I was hoping the courses were free. so only one of the 3 listed in the OP is free?

Also someone mentioned there was DLC available for Steel Battalion LoC? How do you actually get to it in the menus? I wasn't able to find anything. I don't want to have dragged out the controller and pedals for nothing! ;)

Which incredilbles game was it? Incredibles or Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer

Finally an update not in the OP:

NHL Rivals 2004 -
3 Roster updates
All-Star Game Rink[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't get back with it and now it is to late but you have to drag out that controller. I tried it with out it and could not do it. I'm not even sure what the DLC was. I think it had to do with stuff you had to unlock in the game when playing online and when Capcom shut down the servers they just unlocked it all. Free play mode was the only thing that was left in the end and now that is gone. I think some of the players are trying to come up with a way of getting everything back up but chances are it wont happen.

bread's done
Back