List of good DC games for new owner

dpatel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Finally bought a DC. Have owned a GC and PS2 for a while and when I found a DC for $10 on ebgames.com, I couldn't pass it up.

I'm looking for some good title for DC to pick up. I already own Ikaruga and Skies of Arcadia for the GC.

Mainly looking for 4-player games, RPG's, and maybe FPS's (I don't recall hearing about any DC FPS that is comparable to the current one's though.)

I just picked up a few crap games at my local gamestop because they were having a buy 2 get 1 free and were clearing out inventory. Picked up ECW Assault, Vigilante 8 2, and Soul Reaver(heard it had a great story).

Any suggestions would be great. I also have 2 VMU's that I would like to get use out of.

Jet Grind Radio is fun, so is House of the Dead 2. For RPG's I hear Record of Lodoss War is decent. Also check out Sword of the Berserk.

Ok here's the deal.

For FPS you probably want Soldier Of Fortunes which I've heard good things about though the load times are crappy.

Also for FPA you should pick up Maken X.

Record Of Lodoss War is pretty damn cool and I highly suggest that also.

What else? You should get "Grandia 2" if you don't already have it for PS2 and don't have a PC.

I know you didn't ask for this but you should buy it. "Illbleed" Survival Horror/Adventure game with camp. Yes it's a campy Survival Horror game and it's bloody great, my only complaint would be the control RIGHT after you confront enemies for a sec.

Most fighters I see have already been released on other consoles so I'll skip most except you probably want "Last Blade(import here)" and FF:MOTW.

For four player "Powerstone 2" would most likely be right up your alley and for multiplayer(2 player) I suggest "Tennis 2K2".
I think I listed most of the one's that would be right down your alley. There are more but then we're getting into gun games, other games, whatever.
Oh but I will suggest VOOT and "Outtrigger" for ya.

Chu Chu Rocket and Bomberman Online. Crazy multiplayer mayhem. Seriously though, those two games are addictive with friends and Chu Chu can be found for a few bucks at most.

If you want a FPS's two of the best multi-player FPS's are available for DC
Quake 3 & Unreal Tournament. The best part is if you are a keyboard & mouse player they both work with the DC keyboard & mouse.

Shenmue is a great Adventure/RPG/semi-fighting game. If you want a quirky Japanese game, get Seaman, a tamagotchi-esque game that's pretty funny when you talk to him.

I have 123 games, and these are my favorites:

Carrier
Dynamite Cop
House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Jet Grind Radio
Looney Tunes Space Race
MDK 2
NFL Blitz
Powerstone
Outtrigger
Quake 3
Rayman 2
Red Dog
Resident Evil: CODE Veronica (the best!)
San Francisco Rush 2049
Sega Bass Fishing 1&2
Sega Marine Fishing
Soldier of Fortune
Sonic Adventure 1&2
Speed Devils
Sword of the Berserk
Tony Hawk 1&2
Toy Commander
Trickstyle
Unreal Tournament
Wacky Races
Xtreme Sports

Stay away from:

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (unless you want a good laugh)
The Ring (the worst)
Sonic Shuffle
Soul Fighter
Spirit of Speed

Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Soul Calibur
Giga Wing
Giga Wing 2
MDK2
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand

4 player games:

Worms Armagedon/World Party~Once you get the hang of it, it is so addictive. Got together with 3 other friends once a week for a year and a half to play it. Too fun.

Chu Chu Rocket~ Seems simplistic at first, but once you get going, look out!

Bomberman Online~ Classic bomberman fun.

Ooga Booga~ Wacky four player beat-em up, plus also has a "wild boar" soccer game. Was great online...not sure if I could go back to split screen though.

Toy Commander~ Great single player missions & multi-player fun.

Re-Volt~ Great kart game with RC cars with weapons.

Looney Tunes Space Race~ Pretty good kart style game with Bugs & the gang.

Virtua Tennis ~Never played the 2nd one, but the 1st was great.

FPSs~ Pass on 'em. There is a cool game called Fur Fighters...3rd person that plays like a FPS. Good graphics and huge levels. Always wanted to beat it but never did.

RPGs~ Not too many to choose from. Skies is the best (ever) but you've already played it.

Grandia II is good too. Record of Lodoss War has a great beginning scene...kinda Diablo-esque in its gameplay. Only played a demo of Silver, but seemed pretty good and it got good reviews.

Other games not to miss:

Jet Set Radio~ GREAT style, GREAT graphics, AWESOME music

Seaman~Quirky but fun "virtual pet" game. Talk to your fish with a man's face with the included microphone. Must be played to be believed.

get a thing called a VGA box. They sell them on Ebay for pretty cheap. Make sure it's a Dreamcast VGA box and not a universal VGA box. Then plug your Computer monitor to it and be ready to have your mind blown.

bread's done
Back