Listing Here - Confirmed In-Store $4.99 Best Buy Games

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Ok... took a looooooong lunch break from work today to RUN to Best Buy and try to confirm the in-store sales...

Luckily... i saw the dude with FOUR PAGE LIST of games marked down... but since it was NYC... hardly any of them were in stock... but hte price drops are confirmed NATIONAL!

So... lets start listing here the confirmed $4.99 games for In-Store Best Buy. (not bestbuy.com)

I ran into another CAG there in a very funny and surreal grabbing of cheap games... if you're there... HELLO FLIGHTMAX! - and YES the trip to 86th was DEFINATELY worth it!

CONFRIMED IN-STORE $4.99

Playstation 2
Blowout $0.99
Total Immersion Racing $0.99
Armored Core 3
Black & Bruised
Clock Tower 3
Dark Cloud
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Devil May Cry 2
Dynasty Tactics 2
Evolution Skateboarding
FIFA Soccer 2003
Freedom Fighters
Goblin Commander
Guilty Gear X-2
Head Hunter
Hidden Invasion
Hot Wheels: World Race
Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Jet X2O
Lethal Skies II
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
Minority Report
Mobile Light Force
Monster Jam 4x4
Monster Rancher 4
NCAA Final Four 2003
NCAA March Madness 2003
NBA Jam 2004
Pac-Man Fever
Parappa The Rapper 2
PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage
Rayman 3
Reel Fishing 3
Resident Evil Dead Aim
RoadKill
Road Trip
Robotech Battlecry
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
Shox
Silent Hill 2
Smash Cars
Smugglers Run
Twisted Metal Black
Unlimited Saga
Whiplash
Wild Arms 3
X2: Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA
Legend of Legaia 2 $9.99
RPG Maker II $9.99
Winning Eleven 6 $9.99

Xbox
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu $0.99
Pulse Racer $0.99
Aggressive Inline
Amped
Apex
Batman Dark Tomorrow
Big Mutha Truckers
Blinx
Bloody Roar Extreme
Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Drome Racers
ESPN Football
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
FIFA Soccer 2003
Freedom Fighters
Great Escape
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
Haunted Mansion
Jet Set Radio Future
Legends Of Wrestling II
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Motor Trend Presents: Lotus Challenge
NASCAR Thunder 2004
NBA Jam
NHL Hitz Pro
Nightcaster II
Phantasy Star Online I & II
Robotech Battlecry
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell
State of Emergency
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Test Drive
The Thing
UFC 2
Voodoo Vince
WWF Raw

Gamecube
Backyard Baseball
BeyBlade
Big Mutha Truckers
Beyond Good & Evil
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dead to Rights
Freedom Fighters
Gladius
Godzilla Destory All Monsters Melee
Haunted Mansion
Hulk
I-Ninja
Mary Kate & Ashley: Sweet Sixteen
Megaman Network Transmission
NCAA Football 2004
Rogue Ops
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy
Star Wars: Clones Wars
Wario World

Game Boy Advance
Battlebots
Backyard Hockey
Disney's Magical Quest
Dragon ball Z Legacy of Goku
Fairly Odd Parents
FIFA 2004
Golden Sun Lost Age
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak
The Hobbit
Madden 2004
Medabots
Muppets On With The Show
Sim City 2000
Tom & Jerry
Wario Ware Inc

PSone
Putter Golf $0.99
Dino Crisis 2
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22
Final Fantasy Origins
Grand Theft Auto 2
NASCAR Thunder 2004
Soul Blade
Turnabout

trying to remember more... but if you're at best buy... jot them down and peer over the clipboard of the game sales clerk to see what i'm talkin bout!

Happy Hunting!

I went to the BB at the Arboretum in Austin, TX yesterday. They had about 30 copies of Wario Ware GC, but it was still marked at $29.99. :(

people - bring yer damn games to a register - the price is adjusted down! not every employee can do every price change in an instant so it may look expensive, but its not gonna be at the register! damn - n00B shoppers.......

Just be sure you get the right system. There seems to be some confusion. Wario World and Wario Ware (GBA) are $5, Wario Ware GC is NOT. Batman Sin Tzu for XBOX is $5, Batman ST for GC is NOT. I've noticed some people are getting confused as to title and system and reporting back that it's not happening at their store. Just double check that it's exactly what's listed.

Here's a couple my brother and I managed to find that aren't listed:

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue (GBA)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)

Yay. I finally had something to contribute! :shock:

Oh, ok thanks Bradr. I had been reading that wrong.

Manimal: I failed to add this but I had taken it up to the register to check. But I had the wrong game anyway so my bad. :)

I didn't see these on the main list, but I got em today...

GBA - Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition
PS2 - Tribes: Arieal Assault

That's all!

Yikes. I came in soooo late on this. :( I really should've tried sneaking away to Best Buy during my lunch break yesterday, instead of waiting until this morning. Ah well...

I picked up Wario World and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for $5, RPG Maker II for $10, and a Harry Potter GBC game that was $1 as a gag gift. Disappointed that I missed DMC2.

-Hoshi

I just got back from the BB in Carbondale, Illinois and scored big time. I ended up getting the following for the Xbox, all for $5:

ESPN Football 2K4
Disney Extreme Skate Adventure
Wakeboarding Unleashed
The Italian Job
Bionicle
Rayman 3
Spyhunter

I also scored Soul Caliber 2 for $15 through a price match with Circuit City and the Gamer Gift Card coupon. I had absolutly no hassle with any part of transaction. The checkout guy was stunned when I walked up with 9 games until he saw that they were all $5 a piece. I had to walk him through the whole "activate the gift card then use it to pay for my games and the coupon too" but he thought it was a great idea and was going to use this "trick" the next time he buys a game. He said that employees don't get discounts on video games for whatever reason.
I did ask another salesperson if they were going to restock games that were out of stock and how long the sale was going to be. She said that the new $5 price was for good and that they would sell those games until BB no longer carried them. She also said that other games that were $50 they had just dropped to $20 so that they could move a massive amount of inventory. I flashed her a smile and asked her in the smoothest voice that I've got (I think she was scared) what the deal was, why was BB trying to dump all of these games so quick. She said it was E3. BB saw all the new stuff on the horizon and is making room, period. Is she right? Is she wrong? Is she crazy or full of shit? I don't know and I don't care because it ROCKS!
I will say that the stock was pretty well picked over and that they didn't have half the title listed in the master list, Otogi being the one that I want desperatly. So if anybody has Otogi and they want something else give me a hollar at [email protected] and I'll see if I can find what ya need at our BB in Carbondale.

[quote name='bignastyogre']Here's a couple my brother and I managed to find that aren't listed:

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue (GBA)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)

Yay. I finally had something to contribute! :shock:[/quote]

any Metroid game for $5 is a great find, well done! ;)

If someone could snag one (or all of these) for me I'd be happy to pay plus shipping costs and a few bucks extra for the trouble:

PS2
Devil May Cry 2
.Hack Part 1

GC
Gladius
Lost Kingdoms 2

XBox
Crimson Sea
Metal Arms
Otogi
Syberia

GBA
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak

Especially want Lost Kingdoms 2, Hamtaro and Otogi. email me: [email protected]

I managed to sang Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick (PS2) and Tribes: Aerial Assualt (PS2). Didn't see them listed on the Master List.

Just to let everyone know, all 4 Orlando, FL area stores have nothing left. I went to all 4 (FL Mall, West Oaks Mall, Altamont, Waterford Lakes) and I could only pick up Miniority Report, Parappa 2, and Batman RoST for PS2. If anyone wants to trade one of those for

[Guilty Gear X-2 or Wiplash] PS2
[Wario World or Gozilla] GNC

Please PM me!

Thanky! 8)

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='dhrez']Nothing in Santa Clara, CA. Was told one person bought every single game (one of the workers tried to get his manager to implement "1 copy of each game limit" to stop this guy but it didn't work). I found a couple games that where in odd places but I scoured everywhere and they were the last.[/quote]

Dude that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. One guys bought up all the games? multiple copies of everything? That is shaq-fuing sick[/quote]

Yeah that is gay, i was one of the first few people in my BB and i only bought 4 games out a possible 20+ I had a couple hundred dollars in my wallet, i could have easily cleared them out... but who wants to ruin the sale for everyone. Still, first come first serve.[/quote]

those selfish bastards make me sick. i only bought 1 copy of each and even left the one's i didn't want. i also let other customers in the store check out the list i printed out and even gave it away when i left best buy. :)

Went to the Riverhead, Long Island, NY store just now. Not only did they not have any of the games but one (i-Ninja), the guy working there blew me off when I asked him to price check it, saying he had "no idea where these $5 game rumors were coming from, but they are simply not true".

I've had problems with this store before in that either their entire staff is grossly uninformed, or they start all their sales significantly later than stores elsewhere. Feh on them.

-Nika

Went to all 3 San Antonio Best Buy's...

Ingram: Only had NHL 2003 for PS2 and The Great Escape
Live Oak/The Forum: Got 2 copies of BG&E for GC and a copy of Pac Man for PS2
Northstar: Had NHL Hitz Pro, Jimmy Neutron, Matt Hoffman Pro 2 all for for PS2 along with a few others I can't remember.

So I ended up with
BG&E (2)
Pac Man
Jimmy Neutron
Matt Hoffman Pro 2
all for $26

I am interested in possibly trading a BG&E for Metal Arms - Xbox

[quote name='Shadows916']Went to the Riverhead, Long Island, NY store just now. Not only did they not have any of the games but one (i-Ninja), the guy working there blew me off when I asked him to price check it, saying he had "no idea where these $5 game rumors were coming from, but they are simply not true".

I've had problems with this store before in that either their entire staff is grossly uninformed, or they start all their sales significantly later than stores elsewhere. Feh on them.

-Nika[/quote]

Only 1 worked at my 3 stores had heard of it. He know which games were in stock and which weren't off hand. The other 2 stores, the people working had a hard time believing they were only $5.

I just hit the Best Buy in Sterling VA...

Picked up (and there were more of all these titles)

Superman (Xbox)
Termination 3 (Xbox)
Big Mutha Trucker (Xbox)

Also saw...

Disney Skating (GC)
Spyro (GBA)

Didn't look in the PS2 section

[quote name='"Shadows916"']Went to the Riverhead, Long Island, NY store just now. Not only did they not have any of the games but one (i-Ninja), the guy working there blew me off when I asked him to price check it, saying he had "no idea where these $5 game rumors were coming from, but they are simply not true".

-Nika[/quote

Thanks for the heads up SHADOWs916

[quote name='trunks982']i went to brooklyn, NY this morning at 10am. i only saw battlebots for 4.99. thats it. damn i want golden sun so bad[/quote]

Thanks trunks 982, I will check Yonkers if I get a chance...

i was able to pick up a number of games but it is frightening to be shopping next to guys with lists just grabbing multiple copies of every single $4.99 game

Rockville, MD --- squat. Gaithersburg MD had Unlimited Saga and the city-crisis-rescue game (Ps2, don't remember the title) labeled at 4.99, but zero in stock. They did have a bunch of Half-Life and Thing (ps2) at 4.99. I also saw a Ace Combat 04 + Midnight Club (ps2) COMBO for 4.99. That's 2.50/2.49 each!

Dammit, I didn't get jack squat. My local BB, BestBuy.com, and all the BBs near my friends are completely cleaned out. I really wanted FIFA 2004 for GBA. :(

I'm starting to think we should organize a CAG task force for cases like this... a group of us agree to buy large numbers of titles whenever a wacky deal like this takes place, and to them resell them at the face value to the rest of the CAG community. If we don't need all the titles we purchase, we can either return them or resell on eBay.

guys, most of this stuff was old stock anyway, so the clearance was mostly for what was remaining. Most BBs only had 1 or 2 copies left. Some stores probably haven't had most of those titles in months.

Frederick, MD has NOTHING. it was a 45 minute drive too. what a waste of a day. if anyone can pick me up a 4.99 copy of I-Ninja for Gamecube, PM and i'll pay for it + shipping. thanks.

For anyone in Columbus, OH. I went to the Tuttle Crossing store at lunch and they had NOTHING. They didn't even have any 4.99 tags, so it's not as though they've been picked over - there are simply no games in the store under 10 bucks (jampacks not counting).

If anyone sees anything at another BB in Columbus, please post. Mainlyl looking for Wario World and Godzilla for Cube, plust Wario Ware for GBA.

Anyone been to the BB in West Covina,CA? I went to the one in Pasadena and notta.. And others in this topic confirmed nothing at the one in Fullerton..

Also has anyone tried price matching? Im thinking of doing so today..

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']OMG I have a great idea with the price matching!!

Notice.. http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05/24/news_6099189.html

Lists the prices of the games.. And Circuit City matches prices using this site with gamespot being a trustable site.. Cha Ching price matched!! I will try this tonight, after I go to West Covina Best Buy.[/quote]

As long as the circuit city employee doesn't call to confirm that your local best buy has them in stock ;)

[quote name='bfg9k'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']OMG I have a great idea with the price matching!!

Lists the prices of the games.. And Circuit City matches prices using this site with gamespot being a trustable site.. Cha Ching price matched!! I will try this tonight, after I go to West Covina Best Buy.[/quote]

As long as the circuit city employee doesn't call to confirm that your local best buy has them in stock ;)[/quote]

So ur saying they have to have the item in stock to price match?

Has anyone been to the BB in City of Industry, CA?

After scouring 3 BBs, I managed to find...

PS2
Disaster Report

GC
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

Xbox
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick

These are all Kansas stores...Overland Park, Olathe and 110th and Metcalf.

Thanks OP, went today to the BB on Queens Blvd. and in LIC, NY. Got the following:
XBOX: Harry Potter
PS2: Legaia 2, Goblin Commander

The Queens Blvd store had multiple copies of Star Wars for GC marked at $5.00.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I also noticed that Sphinx and the cursed Mummy was 9.99 for PS2.

Still upset I didn't get:
WarioWare
Wario World
Metal Arms

Again thanks, OP

I went back today and picked up:
-NHL Hitz Pro
-Apex
-Wakeboarding Unleashed Featuring Shaun Murray
-Nascar Thunder 2003
- (2) Rainbow Six 3 Companion Disk

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR'][quote name='bfg9k'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']OMG I have a great idea with the price matching!!

As long as the circuit city employee doesn't call to confirm that your local best buy has them in stock ;)[/quote]

So ur saying they have to have the item in stock to price match?

Has anyone been to the BB in City of Industry, CA?[/quote]

Yes and they ask the price too so if the manager changed it at the location close to your cc then you are screwd. Not to mention that the phone call is just a bs cover so they can say there isn't any in stock just so they don't take a big loss if the price match is too huge. My cc won't pm anything cause no one goes there and they can't afford to take a hit

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']Anyone been to the BB in West Covina,CA? I went to the one in Pasadena and notta.. And others in this topic confirmed nothing at the one in Fullerton..

Also has anyone tried price matching? Im thinking of doing so today..[/quote]

dont even go man.... i went to pasadena yesterday also, n my friend that works there checked avbility for me, nothing for GC is left withing the LA county, if i member correctly couple nba jam for ps2 is left, not much for xbox. althou i didnt have time to scan everything.

whats sad was gladius and lost kingdom 2 have been out of stock within LA since 2 months ago.... what is this sale for? and Lost kingdom 1 is 19.99 while 2 is 4.99?.. er??..

bread's done
Back