Listing Here - Confirmed In-Store $4.99 Best Buy Games

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Ok... took a looooooong lunch break from work today to RUN to Best Buy and try to confirm the in-store sales...

Luckily... i saw the dude with FOUR PAGE LIST of games marked down... but since it was NYC... hardly any of them were in stock... but hte price drops are confirmed NATIONAL!

So... lets start listing here the confirmed $4.99 games for In-Store Best Buy. (not bestbuy.com)

I ran into another CAG there in a very funny and surreal grabbing of cheap games... if you're there... HELLO FLIGHTMAX! - and YES the trip to 86th was DEFINATELY worth it!

CONFRIMED IN-STORE $4.99

Playstation 2
Blowout $0.99
Total Immersion Racing $0.99
Armored Core 3
Black & Bruised
Clock Tower 3
Dark Cloud
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Devil May Cry 2
Dynasty Tactics 2
Evolution Skateboarding
FIFA Soccer 2003
Freedom Fighters
Goblin Commander
Guilty Gear X-2
Head Hunter
Hidden Invasion
Hot Wheels: World Race
Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Jet X2O
Lethal Skies II
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
Minority Report
Mobile Light Force
Monster Jam 4x4
Monster Rancher 4
NCAA Final Four 2003
NCAA March Madness 2003
NBA Jam 2004
Pac-Man Fever
Parappa The Rapper 2
PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage
Rayman 3
Reel Fishing 3
Resident Evil Dead Aim
RoadKill
Road Trip
Robotech Battlecry
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
Shox
Silent Hill 2
Smash Cars
Smugglers Run
Twisted Metal Black
Unlimited Saga
Whiplash
Wild Arms 3
X2: Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA
Legend of Legaia 2 $9.99
RPG Maker II $9.99
Winning Eleven 6 $9.99

Xbox
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu $0.99
Pulse Racer $0.99
Aggressive Inline
Amped
Apex
Batman Dark Tomorrow
Big Mutha Truckers
Blinx
Bloody Roar Extreme
Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Drome Racers
ESPN Football
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
FIFA Soccer 2003
Freedom Fighters
Great Escape
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
Haunted Mansion
Jet Set Radio Future
Legends Of Wrestling II
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Motor Trend Presents: Lotus Challenge
NASCAR Thunder 2004
NBA Jam
NHL Hitz Pro
Nightcaster II
Phantasy Star Online I & II
Robotech Battlecry
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell
State of Emergency
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Test Drive
The Thing
UFC 2
Voodoo Vince
WWF Raw

Gamecube
Backyard Baseball
BeyBlade
Big Mutha Truckers
Beyond Good & Evil
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dead to Rights
Freedom Fighters
Gladius
Godzilla Destory All Monsters Melee
Haunted Mansion
Hulk
I-Ninja
Mary Kate & Ashley: Sweet Sixteen
Megaman Network Transmission
NCAA Football 2004
Rogue Ops
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy
Star Wars: Clones Wars
Wario World

Game Boy Advance
Battlebots
Backyard Hockey
Disney's Magical Quest
Dragon ball Z Legacy of Goku
Fairly Odd Parents
FIFA 2004
Golden Sun Lost Age
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak
The Hobbit
Madden 2004
Medabots
Muppets On With The Show
Sim City 2000
Tom & Jerry
Wario Ware Inc

PSone
Putter Golf $0.99
Dino Crisis 2
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22
Final Fantasy Origins
Grand Theft Auto 2
NASCAR Thunder 2004
Soul Blade
Turnabout

trying to remember more... but if you're at best buy... jot them down and peer over the clipboard of the game sales clerk to see what i'm talkin bout!

Happy Hunting!

Damn!! Im screwed.. None of my BB have ANYTHING... Anyone wanna get me something?

Im looking for Wario Ware, Golden Sun, Gladius, Amped, Metal Arms, Voodoo Vince, I Ninja.

I went to the store in Burbank, CA again and I found Tony Hawk 2x for Xbox, but it was $9.99. What I did find that is not on the list yet is Everquest Online Adventures for PS2 for $4.99. I will be going to the store in Valencia tonight to see what they have.

I went to two BB's. The one in Emeryville, Ca only had Aggressive Inline, so at least I was able to take part in the deal. Maybe we all can plan here and predict what games might become $4.99. Armed and Dangerous is $19.99 and has been out for a while. Breakdown is $19.99 as well but it came out much sooner than A & D. The second Hunter could go to $4.99. What else do you all think?

Went to my local Circuit City to pricematch. I was able to print off a couple of pages from the Best Buy webpage, but the majority of the games on clearance at BB aren't even listed. What a load of crap! Anyway, I was able to get Devil May Cry 2 and Metal Arms for 4.99 plus the pricematch plus guarantee which takes off an added buck something. So each game came out to about $3.79. Get yours while you can fellas. I was trying to look for a Gamecube Beyond Good and Evil, but CC didn't have it for Gamecube at the time. Damn!

AzN_BaLLeR,

I could only find Dark Cloud at the WCovina BB yesterday. At the Pasadena BB I just got Summoner 2 today @ 1:30. There are 2 left.

Nothing at the Cerritos BB.

I was able to find Freedom fighters (PS2) last copy, and Lethal Sky 2 (2 left) this morning at Lakewood BB. Haven't been to City of Industry BB yet.

megashock5;

I hit Easton and Brice yesterday and they had nothing. I didn't bother with Polaris or Tuttle, and I'm guessing that we're outta luck.

[quote name='Drensch']megashock5;

I hit Easton and Brice yesterday and they had nothing. I didn't bother with Polaris or Tuttle, and I'm guessing that we're outta luck.[/quote]

Nothing, as in, the prices weren't listed as being discounted or nothing, as in, none of the games were in stock?

I live in the area but didn't bother with any of the stores. The only place I thought of going was Lancaster because I've found some really rare games at their Meijer before. I'm too lazy to go these days, I guess.

Back when Best Buy clearenced out the Saturn games in 1998 for $9.50 Tuttle had the most games, then Brice, and Easton had the least. I scored about 20 games then. Lancaster and Polaris weren't open in 1998.

[quote name='SystemZ']Went to my local Circuit City to pricematch. I was able to print off a couple of pages from the Best Buy webpage, but the majority of the games on clearance at BB aren't even listed. What a load of crap! Anyway, I was able to get Devil May Cry 2 and Metal Arms for 4.99 plus the pricematch plus guarantee which takes off an added buck something. So each game came out to about $3.79. Get yours while you can fellas. I was trying to look for a Gamecube Beyond Good and Evil, but CC didn't have it for Gamecube at the time. Damn![/quote]

Do they check if the games are in stock at Best Buy? I was thinking about PMing at Circuit City.

Stopped by the Pasadena, CA BB yesterday. All I found was one copy of Voodoo Vince.

Man, I hate not being able to drive. Tomorrow will be the only chance I can get out and go. Going to give it a shot though, I'm not expecting anything.

Charlottesville, VA--has officially been picked over. I went there this morning, and they were out of most of the deal games. Only exceptions were ones I picked up:

Winning Eleven 6 (last copy)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (Xbox, last copy)
I-Ninja (one copy left)

Wanted Wario World and Romance VIII more than anything else, but alas... still good deals :)

i was able to snag mega man network transmission for gamecube...if anyone wants to trade for it, i would love to have beyond good and evil (any system except xbox) or wario ware for gameboy advance...pm if interested

Hey ChrisXE, did you get a manager to answer your question, because I asked and they said that they would. All you had to do is print out the web page and show them the advertised price and they would price match it. I wouldn't take no for an answer unless it's coming from a manager. Even then, I would try another CC.

Called Bestbuy at Reston and they were all out of FF Origins. Sucks because there website said that they have it. Anyway, I have it on back order online but I doubt I will get it.

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='SystemZ']Went to my local Circuit City to pricematch. I was able to print off a couple of pages from the Best Buy webpage, but the majority of the games on clearance at BB aren't even listed. What a load of crap! Anyway, I was able to get Devil May Cry 2 and Metal Arms for 4.99 plus the pricematch plus guarantee which takes off an added buck something. So each game came out to about $3.79. Get yours while you can fellas. I was trying to look for a Gamecube Beyond Good and Evil, but CC didn't have it for Gamecube at the time. Damn![/quote]

Do they check if the games are in stock at Best Buy? I was thinking about PMing at Circuit City.

Stopped by the Pasadena, CA BB yesterday. All I found was one copy of Voodoo Vince.[/quote]

I actually hit the Lancaster Best Buy today and picked up four games.
2 Copies of Guilty Gear X2 (ps2) The last two copies
Parappa The Rappa 2 (ps2) the last copy
King of Fighters 99 PSone (a few left)

they had a few of the other cheap games. One copy of Mega Man Network Transmisson (Gamecube), one copy of one of the Mega Man games for GBA for $4.99, the Disney Skateboarding game (one copy) for the PS2 or Gamecube (can't remember). They had a few copies of Oddworld for Xbox left and one copy of Aggressive Inline (xbox) left. This was all at around 1pm today, so there might be some of them all left. Just wanted to tell you what I knew about the Lancaster Ohio BB

I hit the Northpoint store in Atlanta today at lunch. I found:

PS2:
EQ Online Adventures (LOTS)
Haven (4x)

GCN:
Aggressive Inline (1x)
Dead To Rights (1x)

PS1:
Inuyasha
a construction vehicle game
...and a couple other titles.

Didn't find any XBX or GBA deals.

Went to 2 best buys in East Hanover and Rockaway
Agressive Inline(last copy) XBX
Beyond Good and Evil XBX
Crimson Sea XBX
Guilty Gear X2 ps2
Dynasty Tactics PS2
Monster Rancher 4 ps2

I have one more BB to hit so i will check it out. The BB in Rockaway still has plenty of DT 2 copies left.
TM Black was listed at 19.99 well the greatest hits version and Kill. Switch for XBX was regular price. Just to let anyone know who ever lives in the Central Jersey area.

Anyone check the Culver City BB? If not I'm going to check it out tomorrow during my lunch break. Gonna check the new LA/Hollywood BB later today, I'll post if I find anything there...

Try to picture this awful scenario:
A CAG went to the BB in Los Feliz (SoCal), with a printout of $5 games, and asked the media associates if they had any of the games on the list. The fellow CAG handed the list over and the media associates said they would check. They made a copy of list and began to search the stockroom. They end up finding a lot of the items on that list, but they tell the customer they have none in the back. After the customer leaves they went through a full tote of games, searching for what they wanted. One of the associates left with 13 games, a mixture of (PS2, Xbox, & GBA). How's that for customer service! :x

[quote name='mrtoki']Anyone check the Culver City BB? If not I'm going to check it out tomorrow during my lunch break. Gonna check the new LA/Hollywood BB later today, I'll post if I find anything there...[/quote]

I went there but only found Wakeboarding Unleashed and Everquest Online Adventures for $5. They had Gungrave for $10 though. I left that behind.

Better finds at the Lakewood store:

Gladius GC
Rygar PS2
NCAA Football 2004 GC
Harry Potter COS Xbox
Blinx Xbox
XGRA PS2

[quote name='jazzman']Try to picture this awful scenario:
A CAG went to the BB in Los Feliz (SoCal), with a printout of $5 games, and asked the media associates if they had any of the games on the list. The fellow CAG handed the list over and the media associates said they would check. They made a copy of list and began to search the stockroom. They end up finding a lot of the items on that list, but they tell the customer they have none in the back. After the customer leaves they went through a full tote of games, searching for what they wanted. One of the associates left with 13 games, a mixture of (PS2, Xbox, & GBA). How's that for customer service! :x[/quote]

You actually saw them leave with the games? Dude, that is screwed up. I've have ratted them out on their manager. At least send a letter to corporate!

No I wasn't there at the time and if I was I would have ripped them a new one. One of the ASSociates was my cousin. :x I did have a few choice words with him regarding his actions. :twisted:

STD, is your username from Mrs. Doubtfire? Hilarious :lol:

got up to my BB today as soon as i could after school(well, after track practice) and unfortunatly it had been pretty much cleaned out- i did pick up though the last copy of Mega Man Network Transmission (GC) and Mega Man Battle Network 3 blue version (GBA)

Thats all they had left worth buying. So is this deal gonna keep goin, like will they restock and keep the price or is it at while supplies last thing, then jack the prices back up?

If anyone finds a copy of Wakeboarding Unleashed (xbox) and doesn't want to keep it. I will pay $10 and any shipping cost. Thanks :eek:

My Best Buy had nothing except Wario Ware, which I yoinked the last copy of. Been wanting to pick up this game for a long time now!

If anyone could pick up a copy of either I-Ninja or Evil Dead (

The 4.99 is nationwide. Just depends obviosly if any of the games are in stock. I suggest get a price check to make sure cause Kill.Switch wasnt 4.99 when i checked it twice but hey others got it for that price so do it anyway.

[quote name='stocker08']well, im just going to get CC to pricematch Freedom Fighters, XGRA, and Devil may Cry 2![/quote]

Has anyone had any luck with pricematching on this? I don't see it happening due to the fact that it wasn't advertised and it's a clearance sale, but if anyone does get a PM, please do tell.

[quote name='jazzman']Try to picture this awful scenario:
A CAG went to the BB in Los Feliz (SoCal), with a printout of $5 games, and asked the media associates if they had any of the games on the list. The fellow CAG handed the list over and the media associates said they would check. They made a copy of list and began to search the stockroom. They end up finding a lot of the items on that list, but they tell the customer they have none in the back. After the customer leaves they went through a full tote of games, searching for what they wanted. One of the associates left with 13 games, a mixture of (PS2, Xbox, & GBA). How's that for customer service! :x[/quote]

Talk about grounds for an ass kicking, I really can't blame them still it is messed up.

Goblin Commander (Xbox) - $5
Freaky Flyers (ps2) - 99 cents
Clock Tower 3 (ps2) - $5
Batman Rise of Tzu (ps2) -$5
Wario World (GC) - $5
Hulk (Xbox) -$5
NFL 2k4 (Xbox) -$5
I-Ninja (GC) -$5

Almost got Mario Kart Double Dash for $10 ... cause thats what it was marked as on the shelf ... but the manager refused to sell it :cry:

Also the best buy closest to me started raising prices on some of the $5 games ... like Haven (ps2) which was $5 yesterday was marked up to $15.

Woodland Hills, CA, BB is OOS on most everything, and certainly anything of note on the $5 list. It was easy to figure out which games were on the list: just look for the white, empty sign cards.

out of the two days (mon/tues) i picked up
Rygar PS2
Godzilla GC
Lost Kingdom II w/Mem Card GC
XGRA PS2
Megaman Zero 2 GBA
Chaos Legion PS2
Disaster Report PS2
NCCA March Maddness 2003 PS2
Gladius GC
NHL Hitz Pro XB
Crimson Sea 2 XB
Disney extreme Skateboarding PS2
Romance of the three kingdoms VIII PS2
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge

i don't think anyone got kill.switch, someone made a reference to having seen something like killzone for the price and then many others requested that kill.switch be picked up for them

bmarquardt:

Nothing on the list was in stock. To be fair I didn't look real hard at Xbox/ps2, but I didn't see anything as I scanned.

Some of these are listed but some are new.

GBA:
Banjo-Kazooie GR $4.99
Boktai $4.99
Fairly Odd Parents $4.99
Jimmy Neutron $4.99
Maortal Kombat TE $4.99
Mega Man Zero 2 $4.99
Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem $4.99
Spider-man The Movie $4.99

Xbox:
Beyond Good & Evil $4.99
ESPN Football $4.99
NBA Jam $4.99
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights $4.99
Terminator 3 $4.99
Rogue Ops $0.99

this is so fuked up. i missed out big time. i really wanted Goblin Commander and Monster Rancher 4. tis a damn shame. all the employees must have raided the shit before i could get there.

i did get Winback for $10, RPG Maker II for $10, and Return to CW (xbox) for $15, plus FF for GC and PS2 like i posted above.

Called several this morning and any titles they had are since gone and aren't planned on being restocked... so... dah well...

Problem is that not every best buy participates in the deal or are too lazy to update prices. I went to the one in Muncie, IN and checked out Twisted Metal Black and Beyond Good and Evil(GC) and neither one came up at $4.99

bread's done
Back