Listing Here - Confirmed In-Store $4.99 Best Buy Games

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Ok... took a looooooong lunch break from work today to RUN to Best Buy and try to confirm the in-store sales...

Luckily... i saw the dude with FOUR PAGE LIST of games marked down... but since it was NYC... hardly any of them were in stock... but hte price drops are confirmed NATIONAL!

So... lets start listing here the confirmed $4.99 games for In-Store Best Buy. (not bestbuy.com)

I ran into another CAG there in a very funny and surreal grabbing of cheap games... if you're there... HELLO FLIGHTMAX! - and YES the trip to 86th was DEFINATELY worth it!

CONFRIMED IN-STORE $4.99

Playstation 2
Blowout $0.99
Total Immersion Racing $0.99
Armored Core 3
Black & Bruised
Clock Tower 3
Dark Cloud
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Devil May Cry 2
Dynasty Tactics 2
Evolution Skateboarding
FIFA Soccer 2003
Freedom Fighters
Goblin Commander
Guilty Gear X-2
Head Hunter
Hidden Invasion
Hot Wheels: World Race
Hulk
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Jet X2O
Lethal Skies II
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
Minority Report
Mobile Light Force
Monster Jam 4x4
Monster Rancher 4
NCAA Final Four 2003
NCAA March Madness 2003
NBA Jam 2004
Pac-Man Fever
Parappa The Rapper 2
PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage
Rayman 3
Reel Fishing 3
Resident Evil Dead Aim
RoadKill
Road Trip
Robotech Battlecry
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
Shox
Silent Hill 2
Smash Cars
Smugglers Run
Twisted Metal Black
Unlimited Saga
Whiplash
Wild Arms 3
X2: Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA
Legend of Legaia 2 $9.99
RPG Maker II $9.99
Winning Eleven 6 $9.99

Xbox
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu $0.99
Pulse Racer $0.99
Aggressive Inline
Amped
Apex
Batman Dark Tomorrow
Big Mutha Truckers
Blinx
Bloody Roar Extreme
Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Drome Racers
ESPN Football
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
FIFA Soccer 2003
Freedom Fighters
Great Escape
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
Haunted Mansion
Jet Set Radio Future
Legends Of Wrestling II
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Motor Trend Presents: Lotus Challenge
NASCAR Thunder 2004
NBA Jam
NHL Hitz Pro
Nightcaster II
Phantasy Star Online I & II
Robotech Battlecry
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell
State of Emergency
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Test Drive
The Thing
UFC 2
Voodoo Vince
WWF Raw

Gamecube
Backyard Baseball
BeyBlade
Big Mutha Truckers
Beyond Good & Evil
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dead to Rights
Freedom Fighters
Gladius
Godzilla Destory All Monsters Melee
Haunted Mansion
Hulk
I-Ninja
Mary Kate & Ashley: Sweet Sixteen
Megaman Network Transmission
NCAA Football 2004
Rogue Ops
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy
Star Wars: Clones Wars
Wario World

Game Boy Advance
Battlebots
Backyard Hockey
Disney's Magical Quest
Dragon ball Z Legacy of Goku
Fairly Odd Parents
FIFA 2004
Golden Sun Lost Age
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak
The Hobbit
Madden 2004
Medabots
Muppets On With The Show
Sim City 2000
Tom & Jerry
Wario Ware Inc

PSone
Putter Golf $0.99
Dino Crisis 2
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22
Final Fantasy Origins
Grand Theft Auto 2
NASCAR Thunder 2004
Soul Blade
Turnabout

trying to remember more... but if you're at best buy... jot them down and peer over the clipboard of the game sales clerk to see what i'm talkin bout!

Happy Hunting!

My local Best Buy had next to nothing in stock in the first place, so I was out of luck there. However, I'm considering taking a trip of about 45 minutes to see if I'll have better luck at another BB.
Has anyone's local BB NOT been completely raided yet?

In tallahassee, all thats left today is 989's NHL 2003 for PS2.
They made Sphinx (PS2) to 9.99. Luckily, I went yesterday before all were snatched.

In orlando, all the titles I had my mom look for they were full price. I thought all BB had same prices all around but I guess not.

i just went back- they had really nothing, but i did get nhl hitz gc and agressive inline xbox- plus they had ESPN college hoops for Xbox 14.99

i swear i saw T3 and beyond good and evil for ps2 on the 4.99 list, but they werent marked at my bb for sale. i think the girl was just annoyed or something- too bad since she was kind of cute :wink:

I just realized I would make more money as a best buy employee and everytime they had one of these sales I could get all the games I wanted and then Ebay them for good profit.

Makes me wonder. Sorry for posting off-topic in here.

All you people who got in on this are so lucky. I went to 2 best buys and none of the listed titles were in stock. Man my credit card was hungry that day, unfortunately it came out of the store unfed.

good luck with ebaying them. Youn and about 100 others are thinking the same thing, you'll saturate the market =)

[quote name='GhostsToGlory']My local Best Buy had next to nothing in stock in the first place, so I was out of luck there. However, I'm considering taking a trip of about 45 minutes to see if I'll have better luck at another BB.
Has anyone's local BB NOT been completely raided yet?[/quote]

Mine are sorta.....I know there are this left
Rockaway Bestbuy
Dynasty Tactics 2x
Guilty Gear X-2 2x
Big Mutha Truckers 1x
Siberia 2x

The other two there are anything i havent found yet.

My Best Buy was pretty much ransacked this evening, but I did manage to pick up a copy of Alien vs. Predator on the PS2 for $9.99 . . .

I'd rather the price have been $4.99, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Just thought I'd mention it because it isn't on the list.

I am suprised they still had that. When I was there earlier today, it wasn't there. Didn't want one anyway... :) I was hoping ours had some of the really good titles mention here before.

Them's the brakes I guess. I'm still hoping to find a $9.99 Fatal Frame II one of these days.

[quote name='lordopus99']I am suprised they still had that. When I was there earlier today, it wasn't there. Didn't want one anyway... :) I was hoping ours had some of the really good titles mention here before.[/quote]

There were some 4.99 games at my Bestbuy for 3 big consoles, but none of them interested me. But I got Resident Evil Director's Cut, Grand Theft Auto 2 for 4.99, and Grand Theft Auto for only .99 cents

My BB was clean also....I picked up Great Escape and Haunted Mansion for XBox---I'm going to check GC and PS2 later on tonight....

I was only able to pick up Freedom Fighters for GC today in Orlando, Fl. Anyone looking to sell their find, please PM me... i'm looking for:

Xbox
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu
Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Great Escape
Rogue Ops
Syberia

Gamecube
Rogue Ops
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy

TIA

I hit both the BB at 86th street and 23rd street in Manhatten today, looks like they cleared out 90% of the $5 titles for internet orders. There might have been 2 or 3 xbox titles and maybe a single PS2 title but none of them interested me enough to even bother remembering their names.

Don't give up hope! Today (four days after the sale started), I was able to find:

Ace Combat 4/Midnight Club 2 pack for $4.99 (last copy)
.hack Part 3 (last copy) $4.99
Smash Cars (1 left) $4.99
Wakeboarding XB (last copy) $4.99
Tony Hawk 3 GBA (last copy) $.99

and Battlestar Galactica (PS2, last copy) $4.99.

Some stuff's still out there. The employees pack the displays so tight sometimes that you'll have to take something out to look through them but there may be a good title hiding in there.

I checked out the Garden State Mall Best Buy in Paramus, NJ. They had everything gone, but did find Whiplash for 4.99. I guess i can say i was part of the deal.
fyi - They did have Dark Angel $9.99 and I-Ninja for $19.99.

2 Diff Best Buys

1st in Poughkeepsie NY I got :

Sphinx & Cursed Mummy PS2 9.99
ESPN Football Xbox 4.99
BeyBlade GC 4.99
RLH Xbox 4.99

Middletown Ny

Big Mutha Truckers Xbox 4.99
Wakeboarding Unleased Xbox 4.99

Hopefuly if the online order goes through I will also be getting :

FF Origins PS1 4.99
Haunted MAnsion GC 4.99
Silent Hill 2 PS2 4.99
MAry Kate & Ashley GBA 4.99

Even though I'm hooked on FFXI right now I couldnt resist these games at 5 dollars. Just wished I was able to get a cpl that I really wanted like Guilty Gear X-2 and Metal Arms.

[quote name='Sparda']DO the games say 4.99 or do you have to get the price checked[/quote]

I've seen a lot marked as $4.99, but a few I did have to price check.

the few games that seemed to be part of it might be like 9.99 on the tag. Anyone check for Starsky and Hutch? if ever there's a game that should've dropped to 5 bucks...

[quote name='Zanizo']You could price match elseware if you can't find it at BB......I love screwing walmart over.[/quote]

Most places won't price match if the game is not in stock at BB. Since most of these BB games are no longer in stock, you may not have any luck.

If any of you are in the syracuse ny area they only had a few GBA titles, XGRA, and a fishing title for ps2. zilch for xbox, zilch for ps1, and Mega Man Netwok Transmission for GC.
I was told to keep checking periodiclly, there may be more coming in.

This is a bit late and probably won't help anyone now, but these titles were also part of the clearance:

$4.99:
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA)
Bionicle (GBA)
Digimon World 3 (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS1)
Nascar: Dirt to Daytona (PS2)
Shadowman 2nd Coming (PS2)

$9.99:
Silent Line: Armored Core (PS2)
Pro Race Driver (PS2)
NFL Blitz Pro (PS2)

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']ive found some that people say they got for 4.99 but they still rang up 20.00 and up.[/quote]

The problem could be that they brought up the correct game, but for the wrong system. For example, BG&E for GC is $4.99 but it's still $19.99 for PS2.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i dunno people tell me TM black was 4.99 it rang up 19.99 at 3 different BBs....does it matter if it is a Greatest hit or not?[/quote]

The original Twisted Metal Black is $4.99, without the online disc. The one with the online disc is $19.99.. I learned this one from experience.

My oder of Final Fantasy origins cleared backorder and was charged to my credit card today. It should hopefully be shipped out tomorrow.

Now I just hope they ship that copy of Beyond Good vs Evil in the next week too. het would be great for another five spot.

Went to 3 different Best Buys in Washington state over the past couple of days (Renton, Kennewick and Union Gap) and the only one that had anything left was the Union Gap Best Buy. I picked up a bunch of the listed games; there were still a bunch left if any CAGers in eastern Washington are interested.

I picked up a copy of Monster Rancher 4 yesterday for $4.99 nearly three weeks after the sale began. This had just come into the store and was so new the price wasn't even marked. It appears some titles may be getting restocked in very limited quantities.

More restocking...I just got copies of Disaster Report and Auto Modellista for $4.99 each today that weren't in the store two days ago.

No restocks here at the two Best Buys near me - Blossom Hill, CA and Santana Row (San Jose), CA. At least, not that I could find. :(

Dug through all games checking every tag, found one copy of Great Escape and picked it up. they also had the music mixer mic from mad catz for 1.99. it had just gone on sale today, it had an open box sticker but was really just clearance, also got Baseballs greatest rivalries for 1 cent, used to be free w/ purchase of baseball game, 1 cent no purc. requried.

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but I saw Blowout for the PS2 ( $5 at Ebgames ) for 99 cents. It was sold out where I was but then again I already have it.

Rogue Ops for PS2 is now $10 (not $5), but I did happen to find a copy of Dynasty Tactics 2 for $5. I think that was just luck, though, not restocking.

Over the past week I picked up new copies of the following games for $4.99 at Best Buy:

Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color (PS2)
Mega Man Zero 2 (GBA)
The Lost Vikings (GBA)
Pac Man Fever (PS2)

They were all NOT marked $4.99 so that is probably why I was able to get them :wink:

bread's done
Back