Little Big Planet 2: SE $24.95 + FS Gamedealdaily.com

tempting, i just traded the standard edition for $20 at gamestop.... but i did so because I was mad I lost my gamesave.

I bit. I still needed to buy the $10 move DLC, so $15 more bucks for some costumes and having everything on disc is worth it. Now I'll just trade in my vanilla version to Amazon for credit toward the Vita.

Is this worth it? I do own a Move, haven't touched the thing since RE5 Gold. Played LBP1, liked it, hated the 3 deep layers and never created any levels. Should I bite, or will this drop more?

are the extras on disc? amazon doesnt have a different trade in option for the special edition, which usually means they just give you the value of the regular since once your code is used its junk.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']are the extras on disc? amazon doesnt have a different trade in option for the special edition, which usually means they just give you the value of the regular since once your code is used its junk.[/QUOTE]

It's on disc. I searched for it to make sure and the results I found said there was no voucher. LBP GOTY was like this as well.

yeah I don't think there will be a GOTY for this..it didn't have the fan-fare as the first one, plus like MrshllJcb said..this looks to be the definitive version already.

Been a while since I've seen GDD on here. The free shipping does make this deal tempting..oh and the cheapest price!

[quote name='ras752000']So you have to use PayPal or google checkout? No normal payment option on that site?[/QUOTE]

wait? these are safer options! now maybe you don't have those accounts, but I don't think you could ever go wrong with them..

[quote name='PotatoGuy']Never herd of the site. Are they good? Kinda hesitating on ordering.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the 'owner' of the company, drfrielgood or something used to have a running thread for a couple years. Shipping is slow, customer service is shit, but 99% of the time people got their orders and were happy..

Never herd of the site. Are they good? Kinda hesitating on ordering.
Sometimes there are good deals like this but on the whole I found the site to be too troublesome. There were more than a few quibbles over vague or misleading deals, a $4.99(!) shipping charge that was often not mentioned in his posts, slow shipping speed and lack of communication. I also personally didn't like the nature of some of the deals: weird stuff like "new" games without cases, Halo ODST without the multiplayer disc or random extras from various games that felt like he was giving us the scraps from stuff that he didn't want to pay fees for on ebay.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']What would be in a GOTY edition that this wouldn't have? (Not bein a smartass, actually wonderin)[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing too which was why I posed this question. It does look like a good collection of DLC on disc. I can live w/out any additional content at this price though. =)

[quote name='VaultDweller']this is a known scam site, beware[/QUOTE]

How so? I'm pretty sure I placed an order on there site once, maybe for a 360 controller and had no issues with my order.

[quote name='VaultDweller']this is a known scam site, beware[/QUOTE]
GDD isnt a scam site, sure his CS is shit but its far from a "scam" site.

This is very tempting... I already have someone that is going to give me all the extras from the collector's edition or I probably wouldn't hesitate... I guess I can wait though since the original did eventually drop in price.

This site is just some random dude selling inventory that he doesn't want a third-party site like Amazon or Ebay extracting commissions from him. I've only ordered from him once for a new and "sealed" game and he "gamestopped" me. Of course I sent it back and got refunded, but he didn't provide return shipping. With the ease of even doing y-fold seals (and heat seals can be done with a shrink bag from Michael's and a hair dryer) these days, I personally would stay away from individual sellers.

Is there anyone that can cofirm that this site is 100000000% legit? I would actually love to buy this game at this price, but from reading all these comments..I am still not sure.

[quote name='chyyneezballa']Is there anyone that can cofirm that this site is 100000000% legit? I would actually love to buy this game at this price, but from reading all these comments..I am still not sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure god is 100000000% legit.

[quote name='chyyneezballa']Is there anyone that can cofirm that this site is 100000000% legit? I would actually love to buy this game at this price, but from reading all these comments..I am still not sure.[/QUOTE]

I mean yeah despite the complaints it is definitely legit, he's not going to take your money and run or anything and you will probably receive a sealed game, but you might be in for some slow shipping. Who knows, by the time you receive the game it might even have gone greatest hits ;)

I always had good luck with this site when they posted on here daily. A lot of the complaints came from bad customer service, grab bags that were disc only (as advertised) and potentially in horrible condition (also as advertised) and other used items in bad shape. Honestly though I blame the buyers on the last two items. It's never a good idea to buy used accessories and you should expect a grab bag to contain items in less then ideal shape. The lack of customer service was all on the seller and is something I'd be aware of.

I took a shot last night since I've always ordered new from them and never had any problems.

For those of you still wondering, I have the LBP2 SE move bundle and yes, all of the DLC is on the disc. It IS, however, missing Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves for some reason (which was included in the vanilla version...and the instructions for it are still in the SE booklet *shrug*).

I'd say it's worth it at that price, though, if you have a Move setup. The Rise of the Cakeling DLC makes good use of the Move and is a pretty enjoyable additional story...and the Toy Story DLC is fun enough.

I've been on GDD for years now and it has never disappoint. Drfrielgood is the only person running the store and doing all the business so he is a one man working machine on GDD. GameDealDaily is more than just a store. It has weekly giveaways and I recently won Infamous 2 last week. It may not be the best store, but it's a good small business. The deals on there are pretty good especially the LBP 2 Special Edition. I would jump on it unless there is a GOTY edition.

[quote name='TKtheknight']I've been on GDD for years now and it has never disappoint. Drfrielgood is the only person running the store and doing all the business so he is a one man working machine on GDD. GameDealDaily is more than just a store. It has weekly giveaways and I recently won Infamous 2 last week. It may not be the best store, but it's a good small business. The deals on there are pretty good especially the LBP 2 Special Edition. I would jump on it unless there is a GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

This is basically the GotY edition that comes with some 20-25 dollars worth of dlc content. I thought it was the collector's edition from the title, the one with the bookends and sackboy doll but it's not. Still a good deal since it retails for $60.

[quote name='Stele']Should just try Ebay with this game. It's been going at around $20 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Lowest is $30 with free shipping on Ebay currently.

Is this game fun without move? I'm usually not big into creating levels and such, but every once in awhile I get the desire to.

[quote name='Lovebandito']Note: ordered it the 24th, got it 28th.[/QUOTE]
ordered mine the 24th and it's still not here.

Edit- this was in the mailbox today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbballard']ordered mine the 24th and it's still not here.[/QUOTE]

We're completely up to date on our LittleBigPlanet 2 shipments. If you bought on the 24th you definitely should have received it by now. Please PM me your order info and I'll look up your tracking number.

Thanks

[quote name='drfrielgood']We're completely up to date on our LittleBigPlanet 2 shipments. If you bought on the 24th you definitely should have received it by now. Please PM me your order info and I'll look up your tracking number.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Showed up today. Thanks for following up with me!

[quote name='Odinsfury']Is this game fun without move? I'm usually not big into creating levels and such, but every once in awhile I get the desire to.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it's great. I actually prefer to play the main game with the dualshock, anyway. In the main story, with the Move, you're pretty much playing the same way. Analog stick on the navigation controller or dualshock in your left hand, buttons on the Move controller in your right hand. The actual Move movements just control the cutesy superfluous stuff like making your character look around or dance.

The only thing that the Move is really required for is the Rise of the Cakeling bonus content (previous DLC included on disc)...which is a fun 10 level or so side story. There are also some Move exclusive fan made levels and some extra creator tools you can use when making your own levels (like painting images, etc). Other than that, you're fine with the dualshock.

Problem: Having the DLC on disk means if they make a follow up the DLC won't carry.

I got LBP GOTY and I was pretty pissed when I heard I wasted my money.

bread's done
Back