Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh thanks a bunch. I totally overlooked that. Now I can go to the store and return-rebuy the game.

Those $30 that I'm gonna get are for one thing only: Infamous

Killzone 2 is solid because of the online community.
InFamous is OK, no multiplayer though and I find it rather repetitive.
LBP is just sweet, sweet, sweetness.

YMMV deals at Fry's are tougher to grab then a 12ft rattlesnake (just thought of that on the spot lol). I rarely even give those deals thought.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']YMMV deals at Fry's are tougher to grab then a 12ft rattlesnake (just thought of that on the spot lol). I rarely even give those deals thought.[/QUOTE]

You may run into a lazy Fry's who hasn't changed the prices yet, but I don't think it's YMMV. The website also has $29.80 for all of the soon to be Greatest Hits, so I suppose one could just do store pickup if they were worried about it.

[quote name='Kazuya']You may run into a lazy Fry's who hasn't changed the prices yet, but I don't think it's YMMV. The website also has $29.80 for all of the soon to be Greatest Hits, so I suppose one could just do store pickup if they were worried about it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, so I guess you could pick up a black label title for the same price. I don't really care about the case being red (I only play the game), but this is cool for people who hate red.

[quote name='antHraxz']So has Best Buy updated their instore prices or is it still $59.99 for LBP?[/QUOTE]
Just checked a few minutes ago: it's still $59.99.

[quote name='FactionG']Just checked bestbuy.com and prices are reflected for Killzone 2, Infamous and Resistance 2.[/QUOTE]

Damn Best Buy waited till that coupon expired.....

fucking free game $$$$$$s ruined Best Buy rewards

will bb match their own website price for infamous? Was able to pick up kz2, resistance 2 & first uncharted for $60 with the walmart b2g1 & I wouldn't mind picking up infamous for about $15 with the rz certificate I have. I've honestly picked the best time to rebuy a ps3. I was able to also snag lbp for $20 on gs.com with code & credit, mgs4 for under $20 @ gs, & i got my ps3 with uncharted 2 for about $330 during that dell deal of the day.

Just got my Black Label LBP GOTY from amazon for 31.xx via prime 2-day. I got 800 pts for my non-goty on goozex. I must say, not too bad of a deal. In case anyone was interested, I picked up Z.O.E. 2nd runner with the points I picked up. I hope it isn't scratched to hell.

[quote name='dapunisure']will bb match their own website price for infamous? Was able to pick up kz2, resistance 2 & first uncharted for $60 with the walmart b2g1 & I wouldn't mind picking up infamous for about $15 with the rz certificate I have. I've honestly picked the best time to rebuy a ps3. I was able to also snag lbp for $20 on gs.com with code & credit, mgs4 for under $20 @ gs, & i got my ps3 with uncharted 2 for about $330 during that dell deal of the day.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Uncharted, I traded my Guitar Hero 3 game with the guitar to some girl for her used copy of Uncharted. At first, I thought it would be in its black labeled case, unfortunately, she owned the greatest hits one with the red case. Wasn't worth trading my guitar for a greatest hits case... :cry: Do you guys think I should sell it after I'm done beating it? I'm really picky with the cases, it just looks so out of place with all my regular PS3 cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thesis88']Speaking of Uncharted, I traded my Guitar Hero 3 game with the guitar to some girl for her used copy of Uncharted. At first, I thought it would be in its black labeled case, unfortunately, she owned the greatest hits one with the red case. Wasn't worth trading my guitar for a greatest hits case... :cry: Do you guys think I should sell it after I'm done beating it? I'm really picky with the cases, it just looks so out of place with all my regular PS3 cases.[/QUOTE]
Your telling me haha, I have 30 games, 1 of them is greatest hits... its just... Sticking out... Im actually planning on getting more greatest hits versions, then getting more blu-ray movies and making the pattern of the American Flag
Red (GH), White (Normal/clear), Blue (Blu-ray Movies)

[quote name='Divined_Zero']Your telling me haha, I have 30 games, 1 of them is greatest hits... its just... Sticking out... Im actually planning on getting more greatest hits versions, then getting more blu-ray movies and making the pattern of the American Flag
Red (GH), White (Normal/clear), Blue (Blu-ray Movies)[/QUOTE]
You must post a pic of it when it's complete :D

Has anyone found the original print LBP: GoTY version?

The original print has the older "PLAYSTATION 3" text running along the left side of the cover and resembles the older PS3 game's box art. It also comes with the expired Mod Nation Racers beta.

I am trying to find that version with no luck.

[quote name='Divined_Zero']Your telling me haha, I have 30 games, 1 of them is greatest hits... its just... Sticking out... Im actually planning on getting more greatest hits versions, then getting more blu-ray movies and making the pattern of the American Flag
Red (GH), White (Normal/clear), Blue (Blu-ray Movies)[/QUOTE]

lol. That's funny. By the way, those who own Uncharted, have you guys ever heard a beeping noise on your PS3 when playing it? I own the old 60 gig system and I never have any noise problems with any game, but ever since I started playing Uncharted, only with this game, I hear like a beeping noise that sounds like a time bomb. It sounds nothing like the system when you turn it on, though. I think it does this because the system is trying to read the data on the disc, or also because the game automatically saves on its own. But, it does this for a few minutes and then it stops and it only happens with this game. Should I be worried?

Big YMMV ... Best Buy shelf tags incorrectly printed at $20.00.

Best Buy finally updated their prices to $29.99 online and in-store.

In one store, they had printed the new labels for the gaming area as $20.00. I bought one, it rang up as $29.99, but when I mentioned that the shelf said $20.00, they verified and gave it to me for $20.

Received my copy of LBP:GOTY from SonyStyle.com yesterday. It came in the red case. Oh well, it was completely paid for with reward points. I was not sure what I would get because after a couple phone calls to get it for the GH price rather than the $59 listed at checkout, the game (along with Infamous and Killzone 2) disappeared from the website.

Does anyone know if any print ads show the price for little big planet being 29.99? I have Tru, Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart near me. Best Buy and Target ads didn't have any anything in their ads, Wal-Mart ran out of flyers, and I didn't have time to go to Tru.

The reason I ask is that I found a clear case LBP:GOTY at Target (one of last two!) that I bought on Saturday, but it rang up at 60$. I only have two weeks to get a price adjustment, so I'm hoping one of the print ads will have it by then.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Does anyone know if any print ads show the price for little big planet being 29.99? I have Tru, Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart near me. Best Buy and Target ads didn't have any anything in their ads, Wal-Mart ran out of flyers, and I didn't have time to go to Tru.

The reason I ask is that I found a clear case LBP:GOTY at Target (one of last two!) that I bought on Saturday, but it rang up at 60$. I only have two weeks to get a price adjustment, so I'm hoping one of the print ads will have it by then.[/QUOTE]

LBP is $30 already at Target and BB where I live. I haven't been to Walmart in a while.

[quote name='chipper112']LBP is $30 already at Target and BB where I live. I haven't been to Walmart in a while.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I went on Saturday to both stores, so maybe the price change went into effect on Sunday? I hope this extends to all stores. I'll try giving a call to Target before I head over sometime in the next week or so.

I bought LittleBigPlanet GOTY at Walmart in store with the reduced price, it was in original case with a red sticker at the top saying PS3 Greatest Hit. Noticed this on all the other new titles. On display there was roughly 1-3 copies of each for LBP, Infamous and Resistance 2.

bread's done
Back