Little Big Planet GOY for $45 at amazon

Good post. And good price. I'm still a little peeved about picking this up and launch, then having them re-release this with -- what was it? -- $40 of DLC included?

KB

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']Good post. And good price. I'm still a little peeved about picking this up and launch, then having them re-release this with -- what was it? -- $40 of DLC included?

KB

[quote name='T R U 7 H X']is this the best deal for this game? i wouldn't know personally.[/QUOTE]

yea this version includes $30 worth of DLC and some new extra levels.

This is a great price! I haven't been able to really figure out the game..it autoloads me into some room and I can only chose to play the levels. wish I knew how to find all the extra stuff or what it does. Its just something about Sackboy that draws you in!

I've been wanting to get this game for awhile, but I've always bought something else (Uncharted 2, MW2, Demon's Souls) so now I think I'll finally have to buy it now, can't beat it for $45. Thanks for the link!

I bought it for $50 before Christmas and haven't really played it much. Should have waited but predicting price drops on popular games is hard. Eh, still a good deal with all the extra stuff.

[quote name='sadunk']Waiting for GS price drop.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, as much as I dislike gamestop...it is rather easy to build up a ton of credit there

I played the first couple of levels on the demo, and didn't really get into it. Not sure what the hype is for. Interesting graphical style, but it just seems like a boring platformer with a lot of "dress up" options.

[quote name='scottman']I played the first couple of levels on the demo, and didn't really get into it. Not sure what the hype is for. Interesting graphical style, but it just seems like a boring platformer with a lot of "dress up" options.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way (I have the regular PS3 version and the PSP version). Although, the PSP version isn't a bad time waster.

[quote name='token2k6']This is a great price! I haven't been able to really figure out the game..it autoloads me into some room and I can only chose to play the levels. wish I knew how to find all the extra stuff or what it does. Its just something about Sackboy that draws you in![/QUOTE]

I was feeling the exact same way last night. It didn't help that there was the small thought in the back of my head (did I get screwed? was the content on a redeemable card?) since I bought it used off ebay.

[quote name='token2k6']This is a great price! I haven't been able to really figure out the game..it autoloads me into some room and I can only chose to play the levels. wish I knew how to find all the extra stuff or what it does. Its just something about Sackboy that draws you in![/QUOTE]
You have to play through some of the levels like the Gardens before you can go online with it and try thousands of user created levels. You can make your on levels. When you get online checkout Little Dead Space. Also check this website for tons of info on the game and forums
http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-us/
This is about the only game me and my kids play.

This isn't a deal, come on. Darksiders has been out a week and thats going for $40. I want the game but not for this price.

IMo this game is ok, sure its fun for the first few hours then it gets repetive, im not going to buy it after playing it on my friends ps3, but thanks for share anyway!
1.gif

I consider this a deal, at my local GS they have it used for $50 but its not the Game of the year edition. GS might price drop but I don't care, hopefully this one is new not sure if that beta code coupon comes with it anymore.

[quote name='spcheap']This isn't a deal, come on. Darksiders has been out a week and thats going for $40. I want the game but not for this price.[/QUOTE]

but Darksiders is a multi-platform game which always lower in price. First party games ussually take a while to lower. even some exclusive games from 2007 are still around $50.

[quote name='spcheap']This isn't a deal, come on. Darksiders has been out a week and thats going for $40. I want the game but not for this price.[/QUOTE]

This is a deal. Darksiders is only $40 at one place and that's only the 360 version. It's not a universal price drop or even on sale at other places.

[quote name='vherub']has there been additional premium dlc content for LBP since the goty came out?[/QUOTE]
Pirates of the Caribbean level which gives you water to play with.:bouncy:

I didn't think the GOTY was really worth it. I'd rather just buy the original for around 30$ used. I'd buy it if they were both the same price.

[quote name='Serpent01']yea this version includes $30 worth of DLC and some new extra levels.[/QUOTE]
While it contains $30 worth of DLC , it doesn't mean the DLC is worth $30. Still $45 isn't bad at all for a game that won multiple GOTY awards, and this is the best price I've seen so far. I won't be getting it even though I feel that it's worth the price since I have a lot of other games I need to get that cost much less and I have about 5 games that I didn't even get halfway through.

I have a question.... the extra content that the GOTY edition has.... is it a redeemable code or is it built in to the disk? I've thought about picking it up used for cheaper and wouldnt want to miss out on the extra goodies...

Thanks for posting, I checked this morning and it was still at $57. I've been trying to wait for it to drop back to $50, so this is even better.

[quote name='crupp']I have a question.... the extra content that the GOTY edition has.... is it a redeemable code or is it built in to the disk? I've thought about picking it up used for cheaper and wouldnt want to miss out on the extra goodies...[/QUOTE]

It's built in to the disk, i.e. already there when you boot up the game for the first time. The only code was the one for the modnation beta.

This is a great deal, and the new Pirates of the Caribbean pack adds the ability to put water into your levels (and the appropriate scuba gear, of course).
This is one of the best games on the PS3, and the Metal Gear Solid levels that come with the GOTY edition are to die for.

It was $50 with $20 free psn credit one month ago. So basically it was $30...i jumped on it then.

Amazon has lots of psn choices too...a few hundred choices!

[quote name='inkcil']It was $50 with $20 free psn credit one month ago. So basically it was $30...i jumped on it then.

Amazon has lots of psn choices too...a few hundred choices![/QUOTE]
Hmm, sounds like I missed that deal...

i just want people who haven't played this game before to know that it is not for everybody. the game is very slow paced, the controls are loose, (and as a result) gets extremely frustrating in the last couple worlds from insane tediousness.

also, the campaign in short,and their are only a handful of quality (as in as good as the given levels) uploaded by others. you can always make your own levels, but another warning- it takes anywhere from 5-15 hours just to get comfortable with the tools, and another 20-50 hours to make a quality level that others would actually enjoy playing. i don't mean to hate on the game, but i just don't want others to feel like shit for buying this game thinking it will be like mario, when i had the same experience.

This game is absolutely fantastic! While the controls can be a little frustrating the level design and art direction is very unique. In addition I'd have to say there are significantly more than a "handful" of good user created levels. Everytime I log on there some new fantastic level I've never played before.

If you own a PS3 I absolutely recommend this game!

[quote name='inkcil']It was $50 with $20 free psn credit one month ago. So basically it was $30...i jumped on it then.

Amazon has lots of psn choices too...a few hundred choices![/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say 'basically' 30, but Amazon has updated their supply of PSN items for purchase. I got the $20 credit for the GoW Collection and spent it on Trine.
If you haven't bought Trine yet, it's a must-have title as well. But let the reviews tell you that: http://www.giantbomb.com/trine/61-24739/reviews/

[quote name='hyunkim']i just want people who haven't played this game before to know that it is not for everybody. the game is very slow paced, the controls are loose, (and as a result) gets extremely frustrating in the last couple worlds from insane tediousness.

also, the campaign in short,and their are only a handful of quality (as in as good as the given levels) uploaded by others. you can always make your own levels, but another warning- it takes anywhere from 5-15 hours just to get comfortable with the tools, and another 20-50 hours to make a quality level that others would actually enjoy playing. i don't mean to hate on the game, but i just don't want others to feel like shit for buying this game thinking it will be like mario, when i had the same experience.[/QUOTE]
Good post - I agree 100%.

[quote name='Crusher09']While it contains $30 worth of DLC , it doesn't mean the DLC is worth $30. [/QUOTE]

DLC rarely ever goes on sale so even if it's not worth $30, it's probably never going to be cheaper than $30.

[quote name='hyunkim']i just want people who haven't played this game before to know that it is not for everybody. the game is very slow paced, the controls are loose, (and as a result) gets extremely frustrating in the last couple worlds from insane tediousness.

also, the campaign in short,and their are only a handful of quality (as in as good as the given levels) uploaded by others. you can always make your own levels, but another warning- it takes anywhere from 5-15 hours just to get comfortable with the tools, and another 20-50 hours to make a quality level that others would actually enjoy playing. i don't mean to hate on the game, but i just don't want others to feel like shit for buying this game thinking it will be like mario, when i had the same experience.[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked this game. To each their own! ;)

bread's done
Back