Little Big Planet Thread - DLC and CAG levels discussion

No whining in my thread. I've had a level up for a few weeks now, and I only have about 30 plays on it. And if your level is "sucky", why would people want to heart you?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']No whining in my thread. I've had a level up for a few weeks now, and I only have about 30 plays on it. And if your level is "sucky", why would people want to heart you?[/quote]

Sorry sir - forgive me for my disgraceful actions :(

In the midst of creating another one so hopefully this one will be good enough to earn CAG respect...

P.S. Just played through your level, hearted it, and hearted you...

Yea, there is also no heart whoring in this thread!

Gaabahh!!

Also, about my Little Dead Space level. I'm down to 4 stars now =( It's funny, I just made this level for fun and I got so excited when I hit 100 plays. It was my first REAL level and I was just trying out things and seeing what would be cool, and now it has over 200,000 plays and I am getting some really angry people messaging me/commenting me. Like people saying, "This level is complete shit, you people are idiot for thinking its at all good." or this one guy who kept fighting with me saying, "I f'ing hate your level. You suck" people get so damn mad once you get popular.

Now I'm at 4 stars (cause of the greifers =( ) and once you have so many people playing your level, you get a lot of the "quick raters" where the stars default to like 3, so they just quickly press OK giving me 3 stars. Which is not a problem at low plays but once you are in the hundreds of thousands those few turned into a lot... there goes my perfect 5 stars!

BUT, it's all good fun. Glad I had the spotlight for a bit... time to work on somethin else! (I have Little Dead Space 2 35% done, but I'm burnt out on the whole concept...)

[quote name='Gamelore']My level is called The Tower of Babby.

I spent over 1 month on it (like 50+ hrs), only to have Sony send me a "Your level has been moderated" message, and make it inaccessible.

I don't know what is wrong with my level, so I republished it with a slightly different name. Lost all my hearts, too.

Uhh... you don't know what's wrong with your level?

Screaming babies with their heads on fire? And a lady shooting out babies? And at one point I think it said, kill the baby maker cause she kills her babies cause they cant fight back.

:hot:

(cool level though, just cut the baby part out... so you wont get it deleted).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, there is also no heart whoring in this thread![/quote]

Yeah! Unless it's by me since, c'mon, I made this awesome thread. Actually, that's a good idea, from now on in order to get your level in this thread, you have to heart me :lol:

Do you guys think this is possible? I want to make a box and have two levers in it. One lever will move it to the left/right with a piston and the other lever will rotate it with a motor bolt.
I can't figure out how to make this happen.

This is what I tried. Connect thin glass plate to dob of dark matter to make it float. Attach motor bolt to them. Plate spins now. Then put a sponge on the back of the dark matter with a regular bolt. Then attach the pistons to the sponge. I don't think I'm doing this right, though. Everything stops when it's all put together.
I think I'm messing up somehwere with a material or the regular bolt.

o_O I don't know what the heck you described, but just do this:

Make a box (say cardboard), place another box behind (say wood); connect both of those with a rotatin bolt. Attach the wood box (the one that's behind the cardboard box (the one you will be sittin in)) to a piston (thats attached to some dark matter (dark matter CANT move)). Glue two 3 way levers into the cardboard box, attach one to the piston (as direction) and another to the rotation bolt (as direction), make the piston stiff. You're done.

Is that what you wanted?

Ah that sounds like it would work perfect. Last night I ended up just letting the piston go by itself slowly and only having a switch for the motor bolt. If I can muster up the patience I'm going to go back in and do what you said. I don't know if I have it in me though lol.

UPDATE: It worked perfect XD This level is coming together awesome. I mainly just have sound effects and music left to do now. I will be publishing it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']is there a list of "must play" levels somewhere? that'd be helpful...[/quote]

I've asked for people to recommend levels about 5 times in this thread already.

I have a couple levels for you to try out if you want.

CAG id - jedijeff
PSN id - Jedi_Jeff
Level names: Last Train From Little Big City
Sac-Man
Both are located on the North America continent.
Constructive feedback is always welcome. : )
Thanks.

Jeff

Just published my new level! it's called "Acid Asylum"
It's already got a few plays on it and I'm not sure if any of them were able to make it to the end hehe. It's way better than my other level this one even has snow! haha

need another player for the serpent level to complete it at 100%.... send message to me sometime tonight or anytime.... psn: osugsxr thanks

Well, I have yet to complete my level, but two of my kids published levels yesterday.

If you want to check them out (and they would appreciate the plays/hearts if possible) my daughter's is "delicous!!" (spelled just like that - should be easy to find). It is a food-themed level that she made entirely by herself. I didn't even see it till after she published it. She's 11.

Then my 6 year-old son published 2 levels. I had to go back and make little tweaks for him because they couldn't be completed the way he made them ;) (my question in the main LBP thread about the grabber/lifter thing which no one answered was for him - I figured out another way that isn't as elegant, but it works). They are kind of eccentric - but I think pretty cool coming from a 6 year-old, anyway. "Elijah's World" and "Elijah's 2nd World". Check 'em out. Most of the hearts they have now are just from the rest of us (me and the other boy who has yet to publish a level). Though my daughter's I think has one genuine community-given heart.

Also, I'd appreciate any author hearts form any currently-active players. I've hearted everyone on my friend's list so far.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, there is also no heart whoring in this thread!

Gaabahh!!

Also, about my Little Dead Space level. I'm down to 4 stars now =( It's funny, I just made this level for fun and I got so excited when I hit 100 plays. It was my first REAL level and I was just trying out things and seeing what would be cool, and now it has over 200,000 plays and I am getting some really angry people messaging me/commenting me. Like people saying, "This level is complete shit, you people are idiot for thinking its at all good." or this one guy who kept fighting with me saying, "I f'ing hate your level. You suck" people get so damn mad once you get popular.

Now I'm at 4 stars (cause of the greifers =( ) and once you have so many people playing your level, you get a lot of the "quick raters" where the stars default to like 3, so they just quickly press OK giving me 3 stars. Which is not a problem at low plays but once you are in the hundreds of thousands those few turned into a lot... there goes my perfect 5 stars!

BUT, it's all good fun. Glad I had the spotlight for a bit... time to work on somethin else! (I have Little Dead Space 2 35% done, but I'm burnt out on the whole concept...)[/quote]

DUDE!!! I just saw your level as one featured on g4tv's xplay. Congrats man, you deserve the praise, its a great level!!!!

I've got two more levels up. I'll admit that I didn't put in as much time into these as my first one, but they're decent. Give them a try. You should be able to find all three under my PSN name: el_cheezer. I wouldn't mind a few creator hearts if you guys think they're worth it.

I also want to recommend "Dinosaurs Island" as a level everyone should try. I forget who the creator is, but it's the one with the big yellow and green icon on it. It's really popular, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Thanks!

Hiya Guys,

I've got one level up at the moment, a bit of a hold over from Xmas but I'd appreciate all your feedback as I'm in the process of building my 2nd proper level at the moment so want to make this better.

PSNID: YobRenoops
Level: Christmas World of Destiny

Have a play and let me know.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Updated the OP with the new levels. Although, el_cheezer didn't give the names of his new levels. :boxing:[/quote]

Sorry about that!

PSN: el_cheezer

"A Really, Really Short Level (bad joke)"
"Still Alive - Portal"

A couple of recommended levels:

Which Way is Up?
Jack McSetback and the Spiky Stone of Doom

And any plays/comments on my two levels is appreciated:

LOST
Little Big Indiana Jones

nice!

LBP_wipeout_Thumb_Costume.png

LBP_VALENTINE_Theme_Group.png

LBP_Groundhog_Costume.png

LBP_ChineseNY_Costume.png

http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/a...6th_wipeout_god_of_war_valentines_pack_and_ma

the chnese costme lamp is going to make for a nice little mace weapon :)

I reall yhope that chinese new year costume pack is free... I see alof of potential to expand on some of the elements.

the wipeout helmets will be great for mega man x nuts

the valentines pack i'll probably get. the stickers look useful.

DarkNessBear's level is featured in the new Area5 Co-op video (former 1up show people). Reminds me that I still need to play it (and other community levels), maybe this weekend I'll have a LBP online levels day.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I reall yhope that chinese new year costume pack is free... I see alof of potential to expand on some of the elements.

the wipeout helmets will be great for mega man x nuts

the valentines pack i'll probably get. the stickers look useful.[/QUOTE]

The prices are up in your link now:

- Chinese New Year costumes (1/26): FREE (available for 10 days only)
- God of War minipack (1/29): $2.99
- Kratos costume (1/29): $1.99
- Groundhog Day costume (1/29): FREE (available for 1 week only)
- Valentines Day Minipack (2/5) $2.99 (boo - aren't most of the holiday things usually free?) (oh, and 2 weeks only)
- WipEout Costume Kit (some time in Feb): $2.99

And more new ones:
- Ape Escape costume (2/12): $1.99
- Mainichi Issho Toro Costume (2/12): $1.99
- Possibly a Killzone 2 pack in Feb.

Man, I could see my kids wanting a lot of these. I hate the way they nickel and dime you on this game though. Ugh...

In other news the profile glitch finally hit me with the MGS pack. I remember someone saying something about items disappearing but I didn't realize it was as bad as this. I thought it was just a case of people not having the items saved because their profile was full. No... I did not have my profile full when I played the MGS pack and aced levels 3/4 and got most of the items. However, I played other levels online a few days later and ran into the too many community items problem. I deleted a few to make it OK again, but the next time I played the MGS pack I noticed my "ace" marks were gone from levels 3 and 4, as well as a good chunk of the items I collected from them :cry:. It wasn't too big a deal to get them back, but then I went on to ace the boss fight and I sure as hell don't want to have to do that again, so I cleared out all my community crap except for about 10 things. Of course, playing online last night with my son we collected more crap by accident. They really should limit each community level to giving you, like, 4 things until they fix this shit.

Anyway, I also have a question about the MGS levels. I have all the items except for a couple on level 3 (or maybe it's 4). There is a door past the ending that remains closed no matter what we do. I've played with the race, without the race, without dying, etc and that damn door is always closed. There is a block that you can drag near it. Of course, you have to do this multiplayer since in one player you trigger the ending if you go near there. Or is there another way to access the area behind that and it opens from the other side? If so, please let me know where as I've been all over that level and can't find it. There is an almost invisible "diamond" sticker in an alcove just before the ending but it doesn't seem to do anything. This is not the level with the diamond switches - it's the other one (maybe it's level 4).

I've got an idea for a level, but I'm not creative enough to make it happen. It's a fairly basic idea, that hasn't been made on there so far.

I'll give it away to someone that I think might have the ability to do a decent job of it.

[quote name='happy']DarkNessBear's level is featured in the new Area5 Co-op video (former 1up show people). Reminds me that I still need to play it (and other community levels), maybe this weekend I'll have a LBP online levels day.[/quote]

Oh wow cool, thanks for the heads up. I was just watching that as you told me, haha. That's awesome having those guys I look up to talking about my level!

Dang, IGN, Gamespot, Xplay, 1upshow... What the heck?

fuck, now I really have to make Dead Space 2. Bahhh.
*walks away like sad charlie brown*

You need to get in touch with Nick to do a special guest segment on the next rebel fm (if not that at least the cagcast).

Does anyone else have dreams about levels?
I have no interest whatsoever in making a level myself (except maybe for the trophies), but I have had multiple dreams about levels to create.

darkness, i dont mind doing some run throughs. Im not *that* far into deadspace, but If youre doing the middle part then I should be okay.

[quote name='happy']They need a fat princess costume pack that comes with a piece of cake you can hold...[/quote]

SONY, HIRE THIS MAN RIGHT HERE!

[quote name='dyeknom']darkness, i dont mind doing some run throughs. Im not *that* far into deadspace, but If youre doing the middle part then I should be okay.[/quote]

Ya, sure please.

Don't worry I'm only like an hour or two into dead space (haha). Just need anyone to give me feedback ect. (I haven't finished decorating, and it'd be good to know what I should do ect.)

*added*

Thanks for the help rolento! I have way to much work to do...

BUT right now im friggen starving..

Tried to play your new level DarknessBear, but I didn't see a new one listed.

I also tweaked my "LOST" level a bit after the season premier tonight...any fans should check it out.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
Thanks for the help rolento! I have way to much work to do...

BUT right now im friggen starving..[/quote]

:lol: yeah you have a long road ahead. I do like the concept of an open sandbox world. I also like the idea of little big planet in little big planet.

[quote name='io']Anyway, I also have a question about the MGS levels. I have all the items except for a couple on level 3 (or maybe it's 4). There is a door past the ending that remains closed no matter what we do. I've played with the race, without the race, without dying, etc and that damn door is always closed. There is a block that you can drag near it. Of course, you have to do this multiplayer since in one player you trigger the ending if you go near there. Or is there another way to access the area behind that and it opens from the other side? If so, please let me know where as I've been all over that level and can't find it. There is an almost invisible "diamond" sticker in an alcove just before the ending but it doesn't seem to do anything. This is not the level with the diamond switches - it's the other one (maybe it's level 4).[/QUOTE]

C'mon guys - I know many of you 100%'d the MGS stuff. Someone can surely tell me how to get to that "past the end" section in level 3 (or 4). It is the one with the tank that you beat right before the end and a door opens up to the ending. Beyond the ending is a block you can grab and move - I've dragged it everywhere and nothing happens. There is another door past the end that gives access to some ramps. I'm gonna assume my last few items are there. But I also figure you may get to that from the other side and have the door open to the end when you get there. The question is, how the hell do you get over there?

[quote name='io']C'mon guys - I know many of you 100%'d the MGS stuff. Someone can surely tell me how to get to that "past the end" section in level 3 (or 4). It is the one with the tank that you beat right before the end and a door opens up to the ending. Beyond the ending is a block you can grab and move - I've dragged it everywhere and nothing happens. There is another door past the end that gives access to some ramps. I'm gonna assume my last few items are there. But I also figure you may get to that from the other side and have the door open to the end when you get there. The question is, how the hell do you get over there?[/quote]

Which items are you missing? There's nothing over there...I'm willing to bet you're missing the items found in a secret room near the part where you use your gun to shoot the green things holding platforms from falling. Once you get on the second platform, to the left is a metal grating you can jump on, and there are three bubbles hidden back there.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Which items are you missing? There's nothing over there...I'm willing to bet you're missing the items found in a secret room near the part where you use your gun to shoot the green things holding platforms from falling. Once you get on the second platform, to the left is a metal grating you can jump on, and there are three bubbles hidden back there.[/QUOTE]

The hell? Why do they make it look like there's a door to the right of the end. There's even a block there you can drag all the way back to near where those green things are. And behind that door are ramps that slope upwards - definitely looks like it goes somewhere!

Thanks for the tip, though - I don't think I've seen what you are talking about. I'll check that out and see if that's enough. I'm at 86% so whatever that works out to be...

For the 125 paintball trophy, I figured there are 5 10-shot ones to kill, plus the 6 green platforms (you can skip one though every time I try to aim down at the third one it shoots blanks which I'm not sure if they count or not so I stopped that tactic), plus 60 for the "boss". That leaves you 9 stray shots. Is there anything I'm missing there? Is there a way to avoid any the 5 10-pointers? I hate how you can get behind the final boss tank, but that does nothing for you (door doesn't open till you beat him).

I've also come really close on the Rex boss under 2 1/2 minutes trophy, but I never have an actual timer with me to see how close I actually am. I guess I'll need to have of the kids time me. Does it start with the very beginning of the level and run through the very end, or just to when you beat him?

[quote name='io']The hell? Why do they make it look like there's a door to the right of the end. There's even a block there you can drag all the way back to near where those green things are. And behind that door are ramps that slope upwards - definitely looks like it goes somewhere!

I don't think I've seen what you are talking about though - I'll check that out and see if that's enough. I'm at 86% so whatever that works out to be...

For the 125 paintball trophy, I figured there are 5 10-shot ones to kill, plus the 6 green platforms (though you can skip one though every time I try to aim down at the third one it shoots blanks which I'm not sure if they count or not so I stopped that tactic), plus 60 for the "boss". That leaves you 9 stray shots. Is there anything I'm missing there? Is there a way to avoid the 5 10-pointers? I hate you you can get behind the final boss tank, but that does nothing for you (door doesn't open till you beat him).

I've also come really close on the rex boss under 2 1/2 minutes, but I never have an actual timer with me to see how close I actually am. I guess I'll need to have of the kids time me. Does it start with the very beginning of the level and run through the very end, or just to when you beat him?[/quote]

Hold on, I'll double check...
Edit: Man, I can't even find this draggable block. Either way, in mission 3 (assuming this is mission 3) I'm fairly certain there's nothing past the exit.

And for the paintball thing, you only need to use paintballs on the platforms and the boss...everything else can be jumped over with luck/lots of tries.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Hold on, I'll double check...
Edit: Man, I can't even find this draggable block. Either way, in mission 3 (assuming this is mission 3) I'm fairly certain there's nothing past the exit.

And for the paintball thing, you only need to use paintballs on the platforms and the boss...everything else can be jumped over with luck/lots of tries.[/QUOTE]

It is level 3.

Thanks, man - it was those 3 stickers in the green platform area. I noticed that when I got to the end this time, the green block evaporated (it is made of the disappearing stuff - could see it turning to smoke on the very edge of the screen). That did not happen every other time I played. So it only disappears when you get 100% items? Weird - they must have planned something for that and the area to the right of the scoreboard but then dropped it.

As for the 125 paintball one - I did manage to get this last night. I thought you had to kill 5 of the 10-shot ones (the little boxes that just tilt up and down). Maybe you can jump past all of them, but I managed to do it by killing 3 of the 5 and jumping past the other 2. Basically, the ones I had to kill were the first 3 right after you get the paint gun. Then I managed to jump over the one that has the other shooter just above it, and the one that is on the sloping ramp with the gap (where the things shoot at you from above). So after those 30 shots and the 6 platforms, I had plenty left for the boss (which takes 60). After trying to do it so many times with only 9 extra shots I was getting pretty efficient on the boss so once I figured out how to skip those 2 10-shot ones I had plenty left at the end.

Now I just need to beat the final boss in under 2 1/2 minutes. Then I'll have the MGS pack trophies complete - if only the ones in the main game were this easy!

bread's done
Back