Little big planet Vita is out today 9/14 gamestop only

akokonas

CAGiversary!
It appears Little big planet Vita is out today in the US only at gamestop. I just called two stores in chicago area and they do indeed have them for sale. The game isnt suppose to be out until 9/25 but they are selling them.

This makes sense why the lady at my work was so upset when I told her LBP for Vita wouldn't be out for a couple weeks. I'm curious to see if Sony punishes GameStop because the fine for breaking a street date is pretty hefty. I'm sure every other retailer carrying it isn't too happy.

Well, me with my shitty willpower, I stopped by GS after getting some gas and once I saw a copy of LBP Vita on display, I gave in and bought it. I managed to rationalize it by the fact that I'm getting the game early and it really seems like the first absolute MUST HAVE for the Vita.

Been playing LBP Vita now for a day and it is an awesome handheld experience and is mainly the reason why i bought a vita. This game will get so good once they turn on the servers I cant wait. I think the game is better on this than playing on the ps3 personally. The touch features are awesome as well.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Well, me with my shitty willpower, I stopped by GS after getting some gas and once I saw a copy of LBP Vita on display, I gave in and bought it. I managed to rationalize it by the fact that I'm getting the game early and it really seems like the first absolute MUST HAVE for the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Gravity Rush says hello.

[quote name='imamanwithaplan']is this conformed to be gamestop only?[/QUOTE]

I just got charged for my Newegg order; meaning it'll most likely ship today or Monday.

So blog says the servers and trophies may go live on the 18th, which makes sense.

Picked it up at GS, with the preorder bonus as well. Only regret is I wish I got it for 30 at Newegg when they had that promotion a little while ago.

[quote name='Mixer236']Gravity Rush says hello.[/QUOTE]Well Gravity Rush is a Vita exclusive. You literally HAVE to have a Vita to even play it lol. I have yet to play Gravity Rush, so I can't really speak on the quality of the game but I've heard good things. When it comes down to it though, I think you and I both know that LBP Vita is the bigger draw and without question will move more Vita units than Gravity Rush did.

Went to GS and got a copy today, I asked the guy to try to pre-order it since technically it's not supposed to be available until the 25th. But he said he tried and it wouldn't work :( So, no Bioshock costume for me

[quote name='TaylorM06']Went to GS and got a copy today, I asked the guy to try to pre-order it since technically it's not supposed to be available until the 25th. But he said he tried and it wouldn't work :( So, no Bioshock costume for me[/QUOTE]Open up the game and flip the insert over. Read the big black bold letters at the top. Now proceed to praise your respective god.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Open up the game and flip the insert over. Read the big black bold letters at the top. Now proceed to praise your respective god.[/QUOTE]

The insert is only for the Online Pass even though it says preorder stuff. It's just a misprint. The preorder codes come on the receipt.

[quote name='Link2999']The insert is only for the Online Pass even though it says preorder stuff. It's just a misprint. The preorder codes come on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm if they got the pre order bonuses with the code On the insert?

[quote name='boredasfook']Got the last copy at my local gs, so far I love it and find it alot more enjoyable playing on the go.[/QUOTE]

Are the trophies enabled yet?

[quote name='Link2999']The insert is only for the Online Pass even though it says preorder stuff. It's just a misprint. The preorder codes come on the receipt.[/QUOTE]Really? I didn't hear about any of that. I just figured that all first printings of the game were gonna come with the DLC, which is pretty common these days.

EDIT: Even the fine print of the insert goes into detail specifically saying you're getting the DLC and that it expires on 9/25/13.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Are the trophies enabled yet?[/QUOTE]Trophies and the online servers don't go live till the 18th, someone posted about it last page.

Here's the link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/15/sackboy-popping-up-early-on-ps-vita/

[quote name='PimpLimp']Really? I didn't hear about any of that. I just figured that all first printings of the game were gonna come with the DLC, which is pretty common these days.[/QUOTE]

I'll confirm this in a little bit. I haven't even opened the game yet. But I'll be home shortly to see what the code gives me.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Really? I didn't hear about any of that. I just figured that all first printings of the game were gonna come with the DLC, which is pretty common these days.

Trophies and the online servers don't go live till the 18th, someone posted about it last page.

Here's the link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/15/sackboy-popping-up-early-on-ps-vita/[/QUOTE]

Well damn. I might hold off on playing the game until then. I don't want to start the game, then the trophies don't work right when they do go live

[quote name='TaylorM06']Well damn. I might hold off on playing the game until then. I don't want to start the game, then the trophies don't work right when they do go live[/QUOTE]

You can get trophies still, just not sync them.

[quote name='Link2999']You can get trophies still, just not sync them.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Well then I retract that statement.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just stopped by Best Buy to pre-order it there. Can still get the pre-order stuff, not sure if they plan on selling it early though.[/QUOTE]

I had $40 GS credit to burn. And all the console games I want have the $20 gift certificate with pre-order at BBY. So I'm not losing much either way

[quote name='TaylorM06']The code was for the online pass, not the pre-order bonuses :([/QUOTE]

No, it's for both, but the costumes aren't available until Tuesday, so they won't show up until then.

[quote name='TaylorM06']The code was for the online pass, not the pre-order bonuses :([/QUOTE]

Since the servers are not up yet, I wouldn't count on anybody getting anything at the moment. They promised we'd be able to get all of our previous outfits and such (from LBP 2), with a few exceptions. None of that stuff is available yet.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Perhaps this was discussed, but someone should but it and bring it to Best Buy to trade in and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

They won't accept it because it's not in the system. Not like someone will be like, OMFG WHERE DID YOU GET IT?! ARE YOU MAGIC?! REVIEWER!? RESPECT!.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Perhaps this was discussed, but someone should but it and bring it to Best Buy to trade in and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

You'll likely get tackled by security, accused of somehow stealing it from their warehouse, and get perma-banned.

[quote name='dgwillia006']You'll likely get tackled by security, accused of somehow stealing it from their warehouse, and get perma-banned.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is I was nearly accused of 2/3 of that stuff already. GO ME!

[quote name='ProAnon']No, it's for both, but the costumes aren't available until Tuesday, so they won't show up until then.[/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed!!!

On a side note I'm curious on something. Was planning on buying some of the costumes soon (Since i still have LBP1 and 2), and noticed on Gamestop you can still buy the Incredibles Costume Pack code.

I remember they removed it from the store a few months ago. Would a code still work in that situation?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I didn't even know there was a Little Big Planet on Vita.[/QUOTE]
Sony is brilliant at marketing.

Seriously though I've mentioned the Vita a few times to my friends and some say "what's that?" Unbelievable.

[quote name='ProAnon']No, it's for both, but the costumes aren't available until Tuesday, so they won't show up until then.[/QUOTE]

Actually just for the Online Pass. The preorder costume code is available on the Gamestop receipt if you did preorder. There was just a misprint for the cards.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Well Gravity Rush is a Vita exclusive. You literally HAVE to have a Vita to even play it lol. I have yet to play Gravity Rush, so I can't really speak on the quality of the game but I've heard good things. When it comes down to it though, I think you and I both know that LBP Vita is the bigger draw and without question will move more Vita units than Gravity Rush did.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no doubt, I'm not debating that. I mean, LBP is an established franchise. WHat I'm saying is Gravity Rush is more of a must-own game than LBPV. Even with all of it's improvements and what-not, LBP has still already been done. GR is new, totally unique, and the most impressive game I've played this year to date(Walking Dead is a very close second). I can't stress Gravity Rush's greatness enough.

More on topic, I just picked up LBP at BBY about 2 hours ago.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Gravity Rush sucks. So mundane and fighting is so awful.
I hope LBP is good[/QUOTE]

You're dead to me. ;)

Hmph, I've known that there has to be people out there that don't like it, but I haven't seen anyone say so yet, and I can't imagine why.

Mundane? It's a totally awesome art style set within a old-world europian -well- world.

The "fighting" has a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it it's very smooth and intuitive. There's nothing out there like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really annoyed at Sony for not releasing the PSN version now, or at least on the 18th. Why are they shooting themselves in the foot? Shouldn't they be trying to encourage people to buy from the PSN for about 10 different reasons, all of which just add up to $$ for them? It makes no sense to punish people who want the digital version and reward people who buy retail (no offense).

I'm just annoyed because I want it now, or at least on the 18th.

Just found out there is no preorder DLC, it's a fucking scam. I have a code on my receipt but EVERY COPY OF THE GAME COMES WITH THE ADVERTISED PREORDER DLC.

[quote name='Romeo']Just found out there is no preorder DLC, it's a fucking scam. I have a code on my receipt but EVERY COPY OF THE GAME COMES WITH THE ADVERTISED PREORDER DLC.[/QUOTE]

The code on the inside of the package is for the online pass. It's a misprint. The only way to get the preorder stuff is by preordering a copy of the game. You can redeem your separate preorder code on Tuesday when the store updates.

[quote name='Link2999']The code on the inside of the package is for the online pass. It's a misprint. The only way to get the preorder stuff is by preordering a copy of the game. You can redeem your separate preorder code on Tuesday when the store updates.[/QUOTE]

Is this confirmed that it's somehow a misprint...?

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I'm really annoyed at Sony for not releasing the PSN version now, or at least on the 18th. Why are they shooting themselves in the foot? Shouldn't they be trying to encourage people to buy from the PSN for about 10 different reasons, all of which just add up to $$ for them? It makes no sense to punish people who want the digital version and reward people who buy retail (no offense).

I'm just annoyed because I want it now, or at least on the 18th.[/QUOTE]

The store only updates once a week.

[quote name='Romeo']Is this confirmed that it's somehow a misprint...?[/QUOTE]

Not 100%, but everyone who redeemed it so far only got notice of an online pass from it. I called Sony and they told me the code was ONLY for an online pass even though I insisted that the card said differently.

bread's done
Back