Little brothers are bad for gaming...

btw1217

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Today has been a crappy day for me for numerous reasons, but to top it all off, my little brother just overwrote my Ratchet and Clank save (I was just getting to the very end for the first time) so now I have to do all the work over again, and he put a scratch in my Star Wars: Battlefront disc that's the size of the frickin' Grand Canyon. It's the biggest, deepest scratch that I have ever seen in a disc. It's ridiculous. I don't think I couldv'e made one worse if I got a screw driver and tried. The game is all screwed up now too. Anyone else have gaming-related sibling troubles? And future consoles should have a memory restore or rollback feature for times like this. Kinda like if you mess something up on your computer, you can do a sytem restore to a previous date. If I could restore my memory card to how it was earlier this morning, I would be alot happier.

That sucks, luckily I'm an only child. The closest thing I ever had to that was my final fantasy save file (nes) disappearing near the end of the game (never did finish it), my beyond the beyond file vanishing from my memory card (never went back), and my suikoden 2 file vanishing after I beat the game (so I can't use it on suikoden 3). I almost lost my ff7 save file, it vanished and I spent a half hour trying and retrying my memory card, finally it came back, I have no idea why or how.

ahem....let's not exclude the other 51%. 'little sisters are bad for gaming.....'

picture this: playing SSBM, if they lose, the controllers they are holding go flying. [i think, $#!^%, stop throwing the controllers around] (these are my gf's little sisters, so the behavior is not my fault)

oh this is good....then, there's the 'little cousins are bad for gaming.....' but that's another story.

I?ve had some little sibling trouble myself today as well, I come home to find out that my brother had his friend over, then I come to my room and see that my ps2 games are all messed up, my mgs2 action figure is broken, and I?m missing snake eater, gta: sa and silent hill 4.

I'm so pissed off right now, my brother is sleeping, and my parents don?t want me to wake him. I think his friend took my games. I barley let people I trust borrow my games, who knows what he could be doing to them.

or how about parents are bad for gaming...

like when you play halo 2 campaign for like 3-4 hours straight.. just got past the part with all the flood, then you dad flips the circuit breaker and turns all the power out in the house.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']ahem....let's not exclude the other 51%. 'little sisters are bad for gaming.....'

picture this: playing SSBM, if they lose, the controllers they are holding go flying. [i think, $#!^%, stop throwing the controllers around] (these are my gf's little sisters, so the behavior is not my fault)

oh this is good....then, there's the 'little cousins are bad for gaming.....' but that's another story.[/quote]

Yes, I happen to be the proud owner of a pile of broken nes, snes, N64 and PS1 controllers for that very reason. DO NOT LET THEM LOOSE!

I've never had data on my memory card just disappear. I didn't even know that was possible, lol.

And yeah, my bro "accidentally" drops my controllers all the time. I make sure he doesn't change the discs anymore. If he wants to play something, I switch discs for him, and now I guess I better make sure I take out the memory card too. :roll: I knew I should have made a backup of all of my saves on the HDD I got for Christmas. But I though "Nah, what could possible happen? Heh heh." #-o

](*,)

[quote name='Smokeytb']I?ve had some little sibling trouble myself today as well, I come home to find out that my brother had his friend over, then I come to my room and see that my ps2 games are all messed up, my mgs2 action figure is broken, and I?m missing snake eater, gta: sa and silent hill 4.

I'm so pissed off right now, my brother is sleeping, and my parents don?t want me to wake him. I think his friend took my games. I barley let people I trust borrow my games, who knows what he could be doing to them.[/quote]

I would go hunting for annoying little kids. I belive it's that hunting season, so as long as you have a permit, you're ok. My brother used to mess everything up while I was gone too, but I finally got my parents to enforce a "Don't go in Ben's room while he's not home" rule after I came home to find my unsaved game turned off and Cheese Nip crumbs on my bedsheets. He even left the split, opened box on my bed and I had to clean it up because he was at a friend's house! Argghhh... :boxing:

[quote name='Cracka']or how about parents are bad for gaming...

like when you play halo 2 campaign for like 3-4 hours straight.. just got past the part with all the flood, then you dad flips the circuit breaker and turns all the power out in the house.[/quote]

My dad always has an uncanny way of calling me over to do something right when I get to a cutscene or moment in a game where I can't pause or save. And they always have to be done "right this moment". :roll:

[quote name='Smokeytb']I?ve had some little sibling trouble myself today as well, I come home to find out that my brother had his friend over, then I come to my room and see that my ps2 games are all messed up, my mgs2 action figure is broken, and I?m missing snake eater, gta: sa and silent hill 4.

I'm so pissed off right now, my brother is sleeping, and my parents don?t want me to wake him. I think his friend took my games. I barley let people I trust borrow my games, who knows what he could be doing to them.[/quote]

If you find that kid, beat the living shit out of him. I dont' care how old he is.

It's time like these I'm glad I had an older sister and no brothers. She is a little interested in gaming, but had the sense to know how to handle games. Of course the fact the media of the day was cartridges helped with the durability :D.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='Smokeytb']I?ve had some little sibling trouble myself today as well, I come home to find out that my brother had his friend over, then I come to my room and see that my ps2 games are all messed up, my mgs2 action figure is broken, and I?m missing snake eater, gta: sa and silent hill 4.

If you find that kid, beat the living shit out of him. I dont' care how old he is.[/quote]

Actually it turns out they were playing some game and decided to hide them around the house. So I got my games back. But snake still has a broken leg. :cry:

[quote name='Smokeytb']
Actually it turns out they were playing some game and decided to hide them around the house. So I got my games back. But snake still has a broken leg. :cry:[/quote]

Just press Start, go into Cure, the highlight the broken leg, use the splint and the bandage and you should be alright.

J/k, I know what you meant. :lol:

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='Cracka']or how about parents are bad for gaming...

like when you play halo 2 campaign for like 3-4 hours straight.. just got past the part with all the flood, then you dad flips the circuit breaker and turns all the power out in the house.[/quote]

My dad always has an uncanny way of calling me over to do something right when I get to a cutscene or moment in a game where I can't pause or save. And they always have to be done "right this moment". :roll:[/quote]

I think parents do it on purpose

[quote name='twiztidjester'][quote name='btw1217'][quote name='Cracka']or how about parents are bad for gaming...

My dad always has an uncanny way of calling me over to do something right when I get to a cutscene or moment in a game where I can't pause or save. And they always have to be done "right this moment". :roll:[/quote]

I think parents do it on purpose[/quote]

my dad has started doing this thing where he waits till i start playing a game, and then he tells me to do something that he could easily do.

like yesterday he calls me into the living room and he's fully dressed, with shoes and everything on. I've only got shorts on. He tells me to get dressed and put on my shoes and go get something out of the back of his truck and bring it inside.

[quote name='ananag112']How old is this brother of yours?[/quote]

He's 8 and extremely annoying. :argue:

[quote name='Cracka']
my dad has started doing this thing where he waits till i start playing a game, and then he tells me to do something that he could easily do.

like yesterday he calls me into the living room and he's fully dressed, with shoes and everything on. I've only got shorts on. He tells me to get dressed and put on my shoes and go get something out of the back of his truck and bring it inside.[/quote]

Haha, that sounds exactly like my dad.

bread's done
Back