Little King Story - $46 Pre-Order Bonus! for Wii

Em1X

CAGiversary!
Hi Guys n Gals,

I believe this game needs more attention for you Wii owners out there :D
The game receives many good reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/littlekingsstory?q=little king story

What is it?
Little King's Story begins with the story of young boy named Corobo. Shy, and without many friends, Corobo stumbles upon a mysterious, powerful crown while walking in the forest near his village. He soon discovers that the crown grants him the ability to charm any person, and make them follow his orders. Suddenly, Howzer, the bull-knight, appears, informing Corobo that he is now King of the village, and he must not take this responsibility lightly. Returning to his sleepy village, as a King instead of a shy little boy, Corobo begins a quest to turn his small hamlet into a noble, fantastic kingdom. The storyline, visual look, and lyrical music of Little King's Story, work in concert to transport players to an interactive, enchanting, fairy tale world. By combining gameplay elements from life-simulation, real-time strategy, and adventure genres, the many aspects of creating a vast kingdom come to life! As King, players manage and involve their townspeople in the goals of creating this new territory; enlist them to dig for treasure, build new buildings and otherwise better their community. Of course, leadership is a two way street, so as King, players will try to conquer rival nations to create a single unified kingdom, as well as grant the requests of townspeople at whim. With the Wii Remote as a royal scepter, Little King’s Story allows players the chance to be the best king in the world. [XSEED Games]

At first the game may look childish, but a lot of people and reviewers say the game its deeper than it looks: Building kingdom, world dominations, and multiple wives :lol:

Little King Story coming out in July 21, 2009 for $46 at Amazon, -$3 off retail price, and I believe you don't get taxed when purchasing from Amazon? You also get a cute plushy toy :D

And Oh free Re-lease day delivery for Amazon Prime users!

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Little-Kings-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247669500&sr=8-1

Check it out if you like Pikmin/Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon type ! :booty:

Appeared in my Gold Box today, but the ECA codes aren't working. I want to get it, but the CAG in me says the $4.70 savings is worth waiting for.

Also worth noting that the pre order numbers for this game are not good, and Xseed Games and Marvelous aren't doing that well. Plus this game is made by Cing, the same people that made Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk: Room 215

[quote name='Masterkyo']I waits till it drop down $30 or less :)[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Wii and I don't buy new games, but I may just buy this and borrow a Wii for the sake of bumping up sales of this game. I want XSEED to keep translating good strange games like this.

[quote name='62t']Also worth noting that the pre order numbers for this game are not good, and Xseed Games and Marvelous aren't doing that well. Plus this game is made by Cing, the same people that made Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk: Room 215[/QUOTE]

Yea it's sad to hear about that. I mean this game has the potential, but I guess I'll be just another sleeper's hit like Okami

[quote name='62t']The PAL version got excellent review[/QUOTE]

I don't know how US reviews will affect it, but it's currently in the 11th position on Metacritic. It seems like a fantastic game based on Euro-impressions, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will do well.

Thanks for the heads-up on release date delivery. Snagged this a few weeks ago for $40 w/ gold box + ECA. Love the looks and general idea of the game.

[quote name='KongaKing']Thanks OP, I went ahead and prebought it with RDD. It looks pretty fun
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Done the same, looks good.

For those of you waiting for it to show up in your gold box, there's a little trick you can try. Order the item, then cancel it (I tend to wait a few hours - few days). Since it's a preorder, you don't have to worry about them shipping it out.

Well i love Cing thanks to Hotel Dusk, but i think i'll wait on this one. If all other good Wii games are an indication, this should drop a lot fairly soon.

It only sells if it involves a series of minigames, or a workout routine *sighs*.

Went ahead and pre-ordered this. It is going to be a great way to cleanse the palette and transition into the blockbusters coming this fall.

I got mine today from amazon. They sent it in just one of those stupid envelope type packages, and not a box. The free toy was wrapped around the game in a 2nd wrap, and since it wasn't in a box im sure it got squished while shipping and the toy pushed on the case really hard during transit and the back of my game box is all dented and the back artwork is all wrinkled and a mess.

[quote name='beerme']If I ordered now would I still get the squishy toy?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Amazon usually has a large supply of preorder bonuses that they often include with the game well after the game's release date.

[quote name='KongaKing']I got mine today from amazon. They sent it in just one of those stupid envelope type packages, and not a box. The free toy was wrapped around the game in a 2nd wrap, and since it wasn't in a box im sure it got squished while shipping and the toy pushed on the case really hard during transit and the back of my game box is all dented and the back artwork is all wrinkled and a mess.[/QUOTE]

email amazon. they are usually really good at replacing damaged item

Little King's Story is now $44.99 over at Amazon. I've purchased this today in my personal Gold Box deals and used the ECA coupon which brought the price to $41.44 after tax. Not bad.

For everyone else that doesn't have access to the ECA coupons should know that Newegg is pricematching Amazon's current price for the game.

People who have been clamoring for the next Pikmin game should definitely pick this title up. Help out our Little King!

bread's done
Back