LittleBigPlanet 2 CE - $79.99 & In Stock & thru Amazon (+Other Retailers)

Muthafodder

Banned
I was looking for availability for the collector's edition and initially found stock on Sony Style for $79.99 and shipping is free on orders over $75...but tax kept me from pulling the trigger.

I kept looking and in the half hour I was looking, Amazon showed them in stock for order, delivery is estimated for March 9-18, so I don't know if they're getting more stock, or if I just got lucky at the right time.

As I recall, Amazon didn't extend the $20 credit at launch to the collector's edition...and there hasn't been better deals...just gougers.

Best Buy $79.99 + tax and S/H...or ship to store.
Sony Style $79.99 & Free Shipping on orders over $75 til 3/31/2011 + tax (maybe depending on your location).

You may be able to find it through more retailers as listed from the official LittleBigPlanet website...the website states it is Limited...in italics...doubt more are coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it, I was hoping nobody would post the best buy link. I'm waiting til I get paid .. now I won't be able to grab one once SD gets ahold of it (if they haven't already).

Toys R Us had some in stock earlier this weekend, but sold out by last night.

that's surprising. The demand for this didn't seem too high when it came out, or maybe the market was just flooded. (Amazon screwed up on my order, and I ended up with 4 of them for a total of $3.xx. I sold 3 on eBay and only got around 65 each for them) I kind of figured this would hit clearance price quickly as it is bulky, and pretty cheaply made.

[quote name='laundrymatt']...I kind of figured this would hit clearance price quickly as it is bulky, and pretty cheaply made.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this will clearance...they're out of stock nearly everywhere.

[quote name='laundrymatt']Amazon screwed up on my order, and I ended up with 4 of them for a total of $3.xx. .[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you made no attempt to fix this situation.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm guessing you made no attempt to fix this situation.[/QUOTE]
lol, you would be correct...I had the CSR so messed up (and the other way around as well), I couldn't even tell you what they were/weren't thinking when they done this. They basically just went crazy applying promos to my account.

So this is actually pretty limited? Like it will increase in value? or its just hard to find, cause I see at least 2 or 3 copies in store on a regular basis

[quote name='MrshllJcb']So this is actually pretty limited? Like it will increase in value? or its just hard to find, cause I see at least 2 or 3 copies in store on a regular basis[/QUOTE]

Which store?

I think anyone who buys games for investments are doing it wrong...

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm guessing you made no attempt to fix this situation.[/QUOTE]
Although it's not the most "moral" thing to do. I probably wouldn't have said "No Amazon, take your $250 back, I don't deserve it" but rather say "WOW THANKS!"

[quote name='Muthafodder']Which store?

I think anyone who buys games for investments are doing it wrong...[/QUOTE]

Not thinking of it as a long term investment, but if I can pick it up for $80 and sell it for like $110 or something within a pretty short time frame I dont think I'm doing it wrong at all. My gaming hobby has become self sustaining between the KMart deals and flipping games.

and telling which store would be foolish to say the least, but its been in more than one in my area of MA

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Not thinking of it as a long term investment, but if I can pick it up for $80 and sell it for like $110 or something within a pretty short time frame I dont think I'm doing it wrong at all. My gaming hobby has become self sustaining between the KMart deals and flipping games.

and telling which store would be foolish to say the least, but its been in more than one in my area of MA[/QUOTE]

yeah, nobody plans to retire flipping games. But it does help to fund the gaming hobby. If you can get your copy cheaper or free by flipping, why not?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']...and telling which store would be foolish to say the least, but its been in more than one in my area of MA[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess this whole CAG site telling everyone where to find deals at is foolish...are you kidding me?!?!

I doubt telling us if you've seen them in stores at a Wal-mart, K-Mart, Best Buy, Target, GameStop is really going to hurt your chances of flipping one.

Thanks for contributing...

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, I guess this whole CAG site telling everyone where to find deals at is foolish...are you kidding me?!?!

I doubt telling us if you've seen them in stores at a Wal-mart, K-Mart, Best Buy, Target, GameStop is really going to hurt your chances of flipping one.

Thanks for contributing...[/QUOTE]

Yah, upon reading how I put that it was dickheadish sounding to say the least, and everyone is supposed to be here to help each other out soooooo... I've see them at the Best Buy and Wal Marts in my town, MA this week, it seems I live in a pretty dry area for gaming, but there's plenty of stock around. The KMart in mytown has like 7 of the black DSI's and like 5 of the white ones as of today, which seem like they'd go pretty fast if the 3ds wasnt around the corner

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, I guess this whole CAG site telling everyone where to find deals at is foolish...are you kidding me?!?!

Thanks for contributing...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't you know ALL the games in MA are there for the sole purpose of him flipping them??? *pfft* :roll:

These are hard as hell to find. I don't see a clearance happening.
I paid full retail and got lucky at best buy right when they came out. I live in the sticks and am apparently the only one for miles who buys collectors editions.

Edit, I'm in central NH

When did this get limited? Pretty much every retailer had plenty in stock last I checked (granted that was two weeks after launch)...

Its not quite as abundant in stock as it used to be, but I don't think this is very rare, or to put it in terms that more people are probably interested in: you won't be make a remotely decent flip unless you buy it for like $50. Completed listings on ebay generally fall in the range of $85... when you subtract a whopping $20 or so for shipping and fees things don't look so pretty.

I'm not interested in flipping, but I'd rather wait for prices to drop but will raise the threshold for purchase if the game is in fact rare...

[quote name='prateeko']I'm not interested in flipping, but I'd rather wait for prices to drop but will raise the threshold for purchase if the game is in fact rare...[/QUOTE]

I've never seen it at retail in my area.

WHAT WHAT

[quote name='prateeko']When did this get limited? Pretty much every retailer had plenty in stock last I checked (granted that was two weeks after launch)...[/QUOTE]

I never once saw it in stock (or at least on display and available to purchase) at any retailer and I was at several the week after it came out (looking for other things but I kept an eye out for LBP 2 CE just to see how common/rare it was). I know Amazon had it for quite a while but then went OOS recently (till the OP found it again). That was the only place that I know had it for sure. GS shows it in stock near me and I know Best Buy supposedly had it during that B2G1 sale right after it launched. The thing was, when I went to those stores, they never had them out for display so no one would even know they were for sale. I found that pretty odd.

So it wasn't that hard to find at first, but it wasn't common either. I don't think there are tons of them out there but I also don't think it is in much demand.

I had gotten mine via a preorder from Amazon. I was kind of pissed they didn't have the $20 promo credit for it - especially after I got it and saw how crappy the bookends were. I ended up selling the plush for about $25 + shipping to someone in Europe, so in effect I got my "$20 promo" credit on the CE and also got to redeem the 11 costume code which my kids really wanted. Plus I still have the bookends, for whatever that's worth ;). I would have been tempted to keep the plush but I had just bought a few of the ones Gamestop was selling in Nov or Dec - those were nicer anyway.

The game itself, of course, is phenomenal. I've been pretty much playing nothing but LBP 2 for about a month now. The create tools are so much better this time that I actually really got into making a level and spending some time making it half-way decent.

For anyone who picks up the game, give it a whirl:

http://lbp.me/v/yj8p0k

I found this CE disappointing. The book ends are pretty cheap, and the plush isn't as nice as the one that I bought separately at Toys R Us. I guess the costumes are a nice touch, but that's about all.

[quote name='Achilles00']I found this CE disappointing. The book ends are pretty cheap, and the plush isn't as nice as the one that I bought separately at Toys R Us. I guess the costumes are a nice touch, but that's about all.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and those, by themselves were not worth the $20 higher cost plus not getting the $20 preorder credit (from Amazon) that came with the regular game. And even the regular game came with a code for about half the costumes anyway. The only truly exclusive costumes in the CE are the Jak & Daxter ones.

But, like I said, selling the plush at least made up for that a bit in my case.

bread's done
Back