LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition $79.99 - Available in "Limited Quantities"

isofan1

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order Links

Amazon.com

GameStop.com

Straight from the PlayStation Blog

What else…”PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you guys are offering a Collectors Edition” – OK, OK, good news is YES, we’re offering a Collector’s Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2 in the US, bad news is it’ll be a limited run, so you better pre-order soon to ensure you get one. The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition, will also be available on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99, and in limited quantity. Here’s what you can expect from the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition:

• A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.
  • Your own little “Sackboy” – 7” of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.
  • Exclusive LBP2 “game ends” – keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends
  • One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:
  • Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
  • And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:
  • PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
  • 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

4820500851_c85cd9e43a.jpg

Pre-Order Goodies have also been announced for those of you just looking to buy the game

Amazon.com – Pre-order at Amazon.com and get 6 Sackboy costumes including exclusive access to Ratchet & Clank costumes from the ever popular Ratchet & Clank franchise. In addition to the exclusive 2 costumes, you’ll get four new “Animals” costumes, for a total of 6 costumes.

4820500605_a9dc4f77ce_m.jpg

BestBuy & BestBuy.com – All together now…”the claw!!!” We’ve partnered with Disney & Pixar to provide the exclusive “Aliens” costume for BestBuy pre-orderers. We can already imagine the number of uses you guys will use this costume combined with the new Sackbots feature. And be on the lookout for more characters thru an upcoming Toy Story 3 DLC in the near future. Plus the 4 costumes from “Even More Animals”

4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

GameStop & GameStop.com – Are you as excited for the release of TRON: Legacy as we are? If so, head on over to GameStop and pre-order to get the exclusive *Clu* Sackboy costume from Tron: Legacy. Be the first to have this costume and hold tight for more TRON: Legacy costumes later this year. And again, you also get the 4 different “Even More Animals” costumes.

4821120004_9dd147000d_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musicjunkie']Jesus this is the freaking CE of the year for me. I mean i would gladly pay the extra $20 for the Sackboy but game ends plus a fuck load of DLC? Went ahead and ordered with my prime on amazon. Like everyone else I figure if a better deal comes along I can cancel effortlessly. I mean i do have $20 credit coming from gamestop with Halo Reach so that would be nice to use on this.

Have a weird feeling though everyone is going to preorder at amazon then they will 'run out' and GS will have a better offer and people will cancel and use up all their preorders but hey that's just me.

Regardless I say get your order in asap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same reason why I went ahead and jumped on it. All the bonus content, sackboy, shelf display, etc. is worth way more. PSN avatars are an awesome plus too. :bouncy:

[quote name='pcktlnt']Ugh, can't decide. Want those bookends and maybe the plushie. *looks at slightly empty wallet*

--- edit ---
Oh well, I'm in, I can always cancel before the release date if needed.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to pay till the day it releases. I have not even played the first one yet, so I will hold off on this.

Order placed! The nice thing about ordering from Amazon is you can cancel any time, so if I get credit or something I'll just cancel/re-order.

Ordered. LBP was the reason i got my PS3 2 years ago and it was well worth it. I hate having to pay tax on Amazon though (stupid NY) but I couldn't pass this up.

Also: Why couldn't this be announced last week so that it would qualify for that 20 off 80 code! (with a filler)

A little bit of bad news, I just read a comment on the PS blog that states the Bookends are made of cardboard. I was hoping they'd be wooden or something.

Q: What are those bookends made from? They look awesome. Please don’t tell me they are made of cardboard :(

Answer: Of course they’re made out of cardboard, would Sackboy have it any other way? But don’t worry the quality is there)

They do look pretty solid in that picture, but still a little disappointing.

Thanks for the heads up OP; I just pre-ordered. I was wondering when I get the $20 credit from Madden 11; can I put it toward my existing pre order of LBP2?

Snagged it quick... My own freaking Sackboy!?!?! Bookends!?!?!!? GONZO!?!?!!? Factor in the character kit for Clu from my favorite movie from the past (and the new one)... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if I get a game credit from another game if I can apply that credit in "change payment options" so I don't have to cancel the order and take a chance of losing it?

Thanks OP... Can't wait for this!!!

[quote name='ssjmichael']A little bit of bad news, I just read a comment on the PS blog that states the Bookends are made of cardboard. I was hoping they'd be wooden or something.

They do look pretty solid in that picture, but still a little disappointing.[/QUOTE]

A little disappointing but IMHO the rest of the package is what I was in for anyway. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='FriscoDude']Thanks for the heads up OP; I just pre-ordered. I was wondering when I get the $20 credit from Madden 11; can I put it toward my existing pre order of LBP2?[/QUOTE]

you can but you have to email an amazon customer rep to do so. it's an easy process.

This is how you do a collector's edition! I rarely jump on these, but it just seems like a nice solid package of goodies that I couldn't resist, plus I

I just preordered this, had to have it and the bookends look very nice along with the sackboy, not to mention the ratchet and clank and jak and daxter costumes and avatars.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Had to preorder this collectors edition.... i think i need a second job[/QUOTE]
Trust me, doesn't help buddy. I had the 'wonderful' idea of working 2 jobs this summer between college semesters (about 60 hours a week or so) and I just end up buying more stuff. Least I know when I'm back to one job in the fall I'll have time to play all these games.

:p

[quote name='ssjmichael']A little bit of bad news, I just read a comment on the PS blog that states the Bookends are made of cardboard. I was hoping they'd be wooden or something.

They do look pretty solid in that picture, but still a little disappointing.[/QUOTE]

That is rather disappointing :( however,that's a ton of DLC content. I'll just have to see how I like the first one when it comes to my house next week.

While I'm concerned with any limited edition that calls itself a collector's edition and that the bookends are cardboard, screw it, LittleBigPlanet is my favorite PS3 game and the Plushie alone is awesome. I'm putting my order in.

[quote name='FriscoDude']Thanks for the heads up OP; I just pre-ordered. I was wondering when I get the $20 credit from Madden 11; can I put it toward my existing pre order of LBP2?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we don't get that credit until it ships =(.

And yeah, it does kind of suck that the shelf ends are made of cardboard... but the game itself and other bonus stuff make up for it and then some.

preordered! i rarely buy games at full price, bought GH:WT for 360 at nearly full price... what a terrible idea. and i have yet to play LBP so i should probably get on that soon.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']While I'm concerned with any limited edition that calls itself a collector's edition and that the bookends are cardboard, screw it, LittleBigPlanet is my favorite PS3 game and the Plushie alone is awesome. I'm putting my order in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even without the bookends the extras seem worth the extra money. I've wanted a sackboy plush since the original game came out. And being able to own all the DLC from various retailers is just awesome. Can't wait to play as Gonzo, and the alien from Toy Story 3! I really do think the Bookends will be solid despite being made of cardboard.

edit: new avatar in celebration of this news :D

I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition as I felt a bit left out that I bought the original during the first month. Plus, I hardly played the first one but maybe I'll get back into it again.

Has any Limited Collector's Edition like this ever actually limited? (not including those Store-exclusive Limited Edition like Red Dead Redemption)
Halo 3, Alan Wake, Batman AA, God of War 3, and many more... still available everywhere.

I went ahead and put in a pre-order to at least reserve a copy of it. Probably throw some of the game credit I get in October onto the order.

[quote name='miriamleo']Has any Limited Collector's Edition like this ever actually limited? (not including those Store-exclusive Limited Edition like Red Dead Redemption)
Halo 3, Alan Wake, Batman AA, God of War 3, and many more... still available everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock.

This is actually one of the rare times that I dont care about how limited it is. I would definitely pay the extra money for the plush, bookends and DLC. Just seems like such a great deal for the price, limited or not.

Wow.. a Collector's Edition that actually seems like it's worth getting. Definitely gonna pre-order this one.

[quote name='miriamleo']Has any Limited Collector's Edition like this ever actually limited? (not including those Store-exclusive Limited Edition like Red Dead Redemption)
Halo 3, Alan Wake, Batman AA, God of War 3, and many more... still available everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls

plushie and book ends look pretty awesome

if i liked the first lbp more, i would probably go for the collector's edition. i'll just wait and hope this becomes easily available later on like most limited editions

I saw the news release on this but figured eh I can wait for just the game to be cheaper, but when I saw the thread here with better images and the $80 price this was a no brainer. So many LE/CE come with just pure DLC or crappy quality items for $80 or more this was such a great deal.

Look at Halo Reach CE or whatever, for $80 you get the game, some DLC armor, and a journal. Anyone remember MW2 Prestige...$150 for $30 goggles from Toys R Us.

The only big price CE that seems worth it that hasn't come out yet is Halo Reach Legendary only because it's a HUGE great quality statue. If I had the $100 to spend on it I would, but sadly nope just the normal Reach for me.

Thanks to my discount amazon order the LBP2CE is going to cost me $56, that is the easiest buy I've had all year.

bread's done
Back