LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition $79.99 - Available in "Limited Quantities"

isofan1

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order Links

Amazon.com

GameStop.com

Straight from the PlayStation Blog

What else…”PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you guys are offering a Collectors Edition” – OK, OK, good news is YES, we’re offering a Collector’s Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2 in the US, bad news is it’ll be a limited run, so you better pre-order soon to ensure you get one. The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition, will also be available on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99, and in limited quantity. Here’s what you can expect from the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition:

• A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.
  • Your own little “Sackboy” – 7” of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.
  • Exclusive LBP2 “game ends” – keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends
  • One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:
  • Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
  • And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:
  • PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
  • 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

4820500851_c85cd9e43a.jpg

Pre-Order Goodies have also been announced for those of you just looking to buy the game

Amazon.com – Pre-order at Amazon.com and get 6 Sackboy costumes including exclusive access to Ratchet & Clank costumes from the ever popular Ratchet & Clank franchise. In addition to the exclusive 2 costumes, you’ll get four new “Animals” costumes, for a total of 6 costumes.

4820500605_a9dc4f77ce_m.jpg

BestBuy & BestBuy.com – All together now…”the claw!!!” We’ve partnered with Disney & Pixar to provide the exclusive “Aliens” costume for BestBuy pre-orderers. We can already imagine the number of uses you guys will use this costume combined with the new Sackbots feature. And be on the lookout for more characters thru an upcoming Toy Story 3 DLC in the near future. Plus the 4 costumes from “Even More Animals”

4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

GameStop & GameStop.com – Are you as excited for the release of TRON: Legacy as we are? If so, head on over to GameStop and pre-order to get the exclusive *Clu* Sackboy costume from Tron: Legacy. Be the first to have this costume and hold tight for more TRON: Legacy costumes later this year. And again, you also get the 4 different “Even More Animals” costumes.

4821120004_9dd147000d_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Dude65']That's what they say.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

Still a good deal for the stuff you get in the CE, but yeah I'm not thinking this is going to be some ultra limited thing.

Pre-ordered earlier today when I seen it posted. My first ever Collectors Edition. Wife isnt even that big of a gamer but when i showed it to her she said snag it in case it get sold out cause she liked the bookends.

Now 2 new problems, gonna make this a xmas present for my daughter, so will have to wait to play. Problem #2 ..... just realized this makes like COD, GT5, and LB2 all coming out within just a couple weeks of each other...... gonna be a hella expensive November.

[quote name='Thongsy']Every game has a limited run, it just depends on how limited they mean. Nobody will know till this game is released. I would get it, but not with the cardboard bookends.[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it the more I don't think they're really cardboard. I work in corrugated and that looks way too detailed to be made out of just cardboard. It could just be a "clever" reply by the op on the ps blog that turns out to kinda hurt the sales of the CE.

do you guys think you can double dip on pre-order bonuses from Gamestop because they list the CE as having the Gamestop exclusive DLC in addition it them already being included in the CE itself...would help lighten the blow if we could sell the extra cods on ebay or something

[quote name='bruticus']Pre-ordered earlier today when I seen it posted. My first ever Collectors Edition. Wife isnt even that big of a gamer but when i showed it to her she said snag it in case it get sold out cause she liked the bookends.

Now 2 new problems, gonna make this a xmas present for my daughter, so will have to wait to play. Problem #2 ..... just realized this makes like COD, GT5, and LB2 all coming out within just a couple weeks of each other...... gonna be a hella expensive November.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget AC: Brotherhood!

[quote name='lpfan41k']do you guys think you can double dip on pre-order bonuses from Gamestop because they list the CE as having the Gamestop exclusive DLC in addition it them already being included in the CE itself...would help lighten the blow if we could sell the extra cods on ebay or something[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is giving away cod as their bonus?!

[quote name='bruticus']Pre-ordered earlier today when I seen it posted. My first ever Collectors Edition. Wife isnt even that big of a gamer but when i showed it to her she said snag it in case it get sold out cause she liked the bookends.

Now 2 new problems, gonna make this a xmas present for my daughter, so will have to wait to play. Problem #2 ..... just realized this makes like COD, GT5, and LB2 all coming out within just a couple weeks of each other...... gonna be a hella expensive November.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat having to wait to play. Also a gift for my daughter.

I dont know when TRU will have their B2G1 sale but it would be great if it was mid November. Last year it was mid October though.

[quote name='legendarydogs']I like the sackboy and the holders, going to wait for this to hit clearance though.[/QUOTE]
well considering they said it was actually limited, you might be out of luck... ;/

All in all though, between this and all of the other CEs (Reach, Fable III, GT5 etc etc) I'm going to be sooo broke :[

Disappointed that LBP2 doesn't have a game credit voucher attached to it as well. One can only hope they will stick at least a $10 one on it at some point. It's a major release so it seems silly that it wouldn't. Oh well, I can at least use the one I'm getting with Halo: Reach for this!

Hm... I'm so tempted to get this just for that fantastic looking Sackboy plush.

I'm actually not all that interested in the game as I never really got into the first one... but man that plush just looks so good in that picture...

Pre-ordered. Looked too good to pass up. I was sold when they included the Ratchet and Toy Story Alien costumes. It'll also be nice to have the book ends for all my PS3 games as well.

[quote name='INCyr']Have they said anything yet about whether DLC from LBP1 will cross over to LBP2? I.e. Costumes and the like? (Not necessarily levels, although that would be awesome too.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They should all transfer. They're working on the community levels too, but since people used hacks to do certain things (I'm unaware of what), some might not transfer over.

Also, I think this is a good indicator that the level packs should work too.

Sorry to bring this up... but does Amazon charge your card only when it is released and not ahead of time?

[quote name='jpm804']Sorry to bring this up... but does Amazon charge your card only when it is released and not ahead of time?[/QUOTE]
They only charge when it ships

This actually looks interesting to me, you got your usual collector stuff plus those unique game ends. Which actually looks pretty good.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How much do you wanna bet that the bookend things from Gamestop will be a super limited quantity and not everyone who pre-orders will get them?[/QUOTE]

Uh what?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How much do you wanna bet that the bookend things from Gamestop will be a super limited quantity and not everyone who pre-orders will get them?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to bet a lot because they aren't a pre-order item, they're part of the CE, so they'll probably be in a large box with the game and plush. I don't think I've seen a CE where all the parts were loose.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'd like to bet a lot because they aren't a pre-order item, they're part of the CE, so they'll probably be in a large box with the game and plush. I don't think I've seen a CE where all the parts were loose.[/QUOTE]
But you forget Gamestop's efficient gutting procedure.;) So chances are one of the CE versions will have some stuff get 'lost'.

I thought the CE was only for pre-orders though.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'd like to bet a lot because they aren't a pre-order item, they're part of the CE, so they'll probably be in a large box with the game and plush. I don't think I've seen a CE where all the parts were loose.[/QUOTE]

Only the Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition. Big brown box with everything separate.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But you forget Gamestop's efficient gutting procedure.;) So chances are one of the CE versions will have some stuff get 'lost'.

I thought the CE was only for pre-orders though.[/QUOTE]

They'd only gut it if it sits on the shelf for a long time and/or it was the only version, so they could put the case on the wall.

Since LBP2 will be seeing a standard release, I doubt they'll be doing that.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe they did so with the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 set with the plushie though.[/QUOTE]
Anytime I saw it in a gamestop, it was sitting still in the box, but every gamestop could be different.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe they did so with the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 set with the plushie though.[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with the game, but did the game have a regular edition, where it was the game only?

Ordered the CE from Amazon, saves me the trouble hunting down individual preorder DLC from other outlets and I can always use game ends and stuffed items to give away to friends.

Ordered from Amazon. Heck I don't even own a PS3, I'm an 360 guy through and through but I love sack boy. Figured I can keep the book ends and stuffed figure and sell the game and codes should come close to breaking even after that.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I haven't been to Gamestop is a long time, but I don't remember them gutting games that were pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

They've done it to me a couple of times. I just get my credit back on a card and order it online. Luckily they haven't gutted anything particularly rare yet.

I hope this is still available after the end of August, so I can use my Metroid Other M credit.

I also hope that people buying the CE are in it to actually play the frickin' game, instead of flip it.

Why did you bastards have to put the idea in my head that if I reserve the Collector's Edition at Gamestop they'll steal portions of it with the same tact that allows them to sell unsealed, employee-rented games as "New" as long as they throw a sticker on it that says so?

Ugh. Guess I'll be keeping my Amazon pre-order.

Thanks for the heads up, Im pre ordering from amazon right now.

The book ends are kind of cool and I would have preferred a figure of sakcboy but the plus is still not to bad. I normaly hate digital download bonus stuff but whats in there seems nifty enough.

LBP actually made me happy and smile some so hope this one is equally well done. And considering how much they have changed things and new ways you can create this should be cool.

I'll bet a ton. They aren't a pre-order gift, they're part of the package.

[quote name='mindsale']Why did you bastards have to put the idea in my head that if I reserve the Collector's Edition at Gamestop they'll steal portions of it with the same tact that allows them to sell unsealed, employee-rented games as "New" as long as they throw a sticker on it that says so?

Ugh. Guess I'll be keeping my Amazon pre-order.[/QUOTE]

But its true that they do that and have done it for years. I had someone at gamestop steal my Ghaleon puppet way back when Lunar for the PSX released.

bread's done
Back