LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition $79.99 - Available in "Limited Quantities"

isofan1

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order Links

Amazon.com

GameStop.com

Straight from the PlayStation Blog

What else…”PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you guys are offering a Collectors Edition” – OK, OK, good news is YES, we’re offering a Collector’s Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2 in the US, bad news is it’ll be a limited run, so you better pre-order soon to ensure you get one. The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition, will also be available on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99, and in limited quantity. Here’s what you can expect from the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition:

• A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.
  • Your own little “Sackboy” – 7” of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.
  • Exclusive LBP2 “game ends” – keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends
  • One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:
  • Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
  • And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:
  • PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
  • 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

4820500851_c85cd9e43a.jpg

Pre-Order Goodies have also been announced for those of you just looking to buy the game

Amazon.com – Pre-order at Amazon.com and get 6 Sackboy costumes including exclusive access to Ratchet & Clank costumes from the ever popular Ratchet & Clank franchise. In addition to the exclusive 2 costumes, you’ll get four new “Animals” costumes, for a total of 6 costumes.

4820500605_a9dc4f77ce_m.jpg

BestBuy & BestBuy.com – All together now…”the claw!!!” We’ve partnered with Disney & Pixar to provide the exclusive “Aliens” costume for BestBuy pre-orderers. We can already imagine the number of uses you guys will use this costume combined with the new Sackbots feature. And be on the lookout for more characters thru an upcoming Toy Story 3 DLC in the near future. Plus the 4 costumes from “Even More Animals”

4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

GameStop & GameStop.com – Are you as excited for the release of TRON: Legacy as we are? If so, head on over to GameStop and pre-order to get the exclusive *Clu* Sackboy costume from Tron: Legacy. Be the first to have this costume and hold tight for more TRON: Legacy costumes later this year. And again, you also get the 4 different “Even More Animals” costumes.

4821120004_9dd147000d_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='langdon_alger']they took out the floaty jumping, right? aaawww, who cares, sold![/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter! If you don't like the floaty jumping, you can customize the physics/jumping of your levels to suit your needs :)

I was all over this CE since the moment it appeared on Amazon. Best CE for value ever! Plus with free Amazon Prime for college students, I get free release date shipping, and we will probably get a gift-card offer for it too!

Wow there's another thread on this? Well as I mentioned before, I'm sold. Actually this is the first time I've seen people so enthusiastic about a Collector's Edition, it's usually the other way around with people wholly against buying any kind of CE.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have trouble with getting the Ultimate Fighter $10 code to work. The code will give you 10% off on pre-orders. When I e-mailed a GameStop rep, he said that he could take $10 off only if that was the only code I used, so I would have to pay for shipping. Well, for the LBP2 collector's edition the 10% off code makes it $71.99 plus use saver for free shipping. So this might work for people who don't want to pay for release day shipping.

Back in May when UFC 2010 was about to release, GameStop had a contest that for everyone who signed up would get a $10 off code on their next purchase, they later changed it to 10% off.

[quote name='The 7th Number']If i pre order from amazon.com do i have to have enough money in my account at the time i pre order? I only have about 77 dollars.[/QUOTE]

No, they don't charge till it ships

I love me some Little Big Planet. One of my favorite couch co-op experiences was playing through the campaign of the first one with the gf. Excited to do it again, this time with bookends and a GONZO COSTUME!

Pre-ordered on Amazon.

Alright thanks ssjmichael, just pre ordered mine. Hopefully amazon wont take more orders than they can actually ship out. Has that ever happened before, where someones pre order was canceled by amazon because they didnt have enough to ship out?

So does anyone have any idea when I'll be able to pre order this from Best Buy? I have RZ certificates to cover it. Went today and they had no idea.

I'm guessing by next week but who knows.

I pre-order from' amazon within a few minutes of the post on the blog. Gonzo is awesome, they had better get an "Animal" muppet sackboy.

I'm hoping that Best Buy get it in soon so I can pre-order there. I would rather get the reward points from BB.

BB got the Alien Toy Story too, i might pre-order the regular version there :)

GS got the Tron... It's okay looking i guess, but not very cool IMO.

Very tempting. The only reason I'm hesitant is because I'm sure the game itself will be readily available in the $40 range, so I'm not sure the extras are worth an extra $40 to me. It is tempting, though. The plush and bookends are pretty cool.

It looks like the CE is the same, on Amazon vs Gamestop? I think I'm gonna order from Gamestop being that their "Value" shipping is MUCH faster than Amazon's these days.

Didn't even notice GS had this up. I searched and didn't find it. Anyway I placed my order with them because I had a $10 credit from a past purchase. Came to $76.20 with tax. I'll still keep my Amazon pre-order for the time being which is around $87. If Amazon didn't charge me taxes I would definitely have kept my order with them. Stupid New York grrrr

I got my preorder into Amazon today. I'm pretty stoked. That Alien character is my favorite Toy Story character, so I had to get the CE!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Alright thanks ssjmichael, just pre ordered mine. Hopefully amazon wont take more orders than they can actually ship out. Has that ever happened before, where someones pre order was canceled by amazon because they didnt have enough to ship out?[/QUOTE]

never, as far as I know.

[quote name='TreizePlus']Very nice, thanks for the heads up. Ordering it, but I don't have faith in the plushy looking as nice as the picture.[/QUOTE]

It does look fake, but at least it'll be official, so it should look better than most!

[quote name='oasisboy']Good game but I will wait until it appears on the Sony employee store so I can get it for $10.[/QUOTE]

yea but the collectors edition will never appear.

I'm more worried about the "game ends" not looking how they do in the picture. I'm sure they will be great, but the picture makes them look spectacular.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I'm more worried about the "game ends" not looking how they do in the picture. I'm sure they will be great, but the picture makes them look spectacular.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get it, but I'd imagine it'd be on par with the GoW3 Ultimate Edition's Pandora's Box. Was that made well? Anybody able to comment on that?

[quote name='advanced']I didn't get it, but I'd imagine it'd be on par with the GoW3 Ultimate Edition's Pandora's Box. Was that made well? Anybody able to comment on that?[/QUOTE]

No this CE is much better. I had the pandora''s box and it was crap quality box and crap contents. I picked it up for $50 and still felt ripped off

Another Collector's Edition that failed to deliver, was the FO3 w/ the cheap ass PIP BOY. I didn't get that one, but heard horror stories.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Another Collector's Edition that failed to deliver, was the FO3 w/ the cheap ass PIP BOY. I didn't get that one, but heard horror stories.[/QUOTE]
The CE for Fallout 3 was amazing (lunchbox and bobblehead), the Amazon exclusive was bad.

[quote name='almasy82']No this CE is much better. I had the pandora''s box and it was crap quality box and crap contents. I picked it up for $50 and still felt ripped off[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the "game ends", as I imagine they'd probably be manufactured in the same way (Since they're both Sony first party games), but I'll take that for what its worth. I'm happy I didn't get it now, so thank you for that. :)

I'm gonna order this one. Heck, it looks like a pretty good deal and if it is rare, why not go ahead? If I'm working by then I should be able to splurge a little on this one.

[quote name='advanced']I was talking about the "game ends", as I imagine they'd probably be manufactured in the same way (Since they're both Sony first party games), but I'll take that for what its worth. I'm happy I didn't get it now, so thank you for that. :)[/QUOTE]

Just because they're both 1st party games is no indication that the CE would be handled by the same manufacturer. If you're happy you didn't get it because of one anecdotal impression from a completely different CE item then really, you had no true interest to get it and you were merely looking for any answer that would eventually satisfy your self-fulfilling prophecy.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just because they're both 1st party games is no indication that the CE would be handled by the same manufacturer. If you're happy you didn't get it because of one anecdotal impression from a completely different CE item then really, you had no true interest to get it and you were merely looking for any answer that would eventually satisfy your self-fulfilling prophecy.[/QUOTE]

Could be me, could be the text, but that came off as pretty hostile. I'll treat it otherwise though, as I know how text can be deceiving. :)

I've preordered the LBP2 CE already, I'm really stoked for it actually, its right up my alley. What I was trying to get at was that comparing this CE to God of War III's wouldn't be that far off base, as at the end of the day Sony has control of the quality of the contents, since they're the publishers, and if they were satisfied enough to ship of GoW3's CE with sub-par items (based off of another CAG's impression) they might be inclined to use those same standards for this one.

I also should have clarified that I'm happy I didn't get the GoW3 CE, as for the reason listed above along with the fact that it tanked real fast after launch. Do I think LBP2 would do the same? I don't know, but I'm definitely going to get this while I can. :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just because they're both 1st party games is no indication that the CE would be handled by the same manufacturer. If you're happy you didn't get it because of one anecdotal impression from a completely different CE item then really, you had no true interest to get it and you were merely looking for any answer that would eventually satisfy your self-fulfilling prophecy.[/QUOTE]
well said :applause:.

I was happy with the God of War Pandoras box. The only thing that wasnt good was the CDs were digital.

As far as the LBP2 CE, the bookends and Sackboy look great in that pic. Those two alone look like they would be worth 30-40 alone. Let alone all the costumes and avatars you get. This packages is totally worth the extra 20. Maybe they are limited because the quality of the bookends and sackboy doll are high quality.

[quote name='petersa1d']Since when was cardboard high quality[/QUOTE]

Bookends need to have heft to them. Books are heavy, remember? These are likely ceramic or plastic with a weighted bottom, made to look like cardboard.

im not sure if anyone said this or not but the amazon collector's edition did not say anything about the exclusive preorder bonus with ratchet and clank. only the regular edition says it.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']The Collector's Edition comes with all the preorder bonuses.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i misinterpreted :p I thought i'm getting the Amazon's exclusive R&C only, lol. But the CE comes with everything! That means i don't need to pre-order from GS or BB, hahaha....

[quote name='Serpentor']LOL, i misinterpreted :p I thought i'm getting the Amazon's exclusive R&C only, lol. But the CE comes with everything! That means i don't need to pre-order from GS or BB, hahaha....[/QUOTE]Gamestop's CE comes with the preorder bonus. Hoping Amazon will follow suit.

The CE comes with everything, Gamestop has it listed twice, Amazon doesn't list anything because it's all included so no following suit necessary

[quote name='jacknicklson']The CE comes with everything, Gamestop has it listed twice, Amazon doesn't list anything because it's all included so no following suit necessary[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's correct, now it all makes sense.

Pre-ordering the CE will net you every costumes mentioned. But if you're gunning for the regular edition, then it matters where you pre-order from.

bread's done
Back