LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition $79.99 - Available in "Limited Quantities"

isofan1

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order Links

Amazon.com

GameStop.com

Straight from the PlayStation Blog

What else…”PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you guys are offering a Collectors Edition” – OK, OK, good news is YES, we’re offering a Collector’s Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2 in the US, bad news is it’ll be a limited run, so you better pre-order soon to ensure you get one. The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition, will also be available on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99, and in limited quantity. Here’s what you can expect from the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition:

• A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.
  • Your own little “Sackboy” – 7” of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.
  • Exclusive LBP2 “game ends” – keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends
  • One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:
  • Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
  • And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:
  • PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
  • 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

4820500851_c85cd9e43a.jpg

Pre-Order Goodies have also been announced for those of you just looking to buy the game

Amazon.com – Pre-order at Amazon.com and get 6 Sackboy costumes including exclusive access to Ratchet & Clank costumes from the ever popular Ratchet & Clank franchise. In addition to the exclusive 2 costumes, you’ll get four new “Animals” costumes, for a total of 6 costumes.

4820500605_a9dc4f77ce_m.jpg

BestBuy & BestBuy.com – All together now…”the claw!!!” We’ve partnered with Disney & Pixar to provide the exclusive “Aliens” costume for BestBuy pre-orderers. We can already imagine the number of uses you guys will use this costume combined with the new Sackbots feature. And be on the lookout for more characters thru an upcoming Toy Story 3 DLC in the near future. Plus the 4 costumes from “Even More Animals”

4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

GameStop & GameStop.com – Are you as excited for the release of TRON: Legacy as we are? If so, head on over to GameStop and pre-order to get the exclusive *Clu* Sackboy costume from Tron: Legacy. Be the first to have this costume and hold tight for more TRON: Legacy costumes later this year. And again, you also get the 4 different “Even More Animals” costumes.

4821120004_9dd147000d_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TreizePlus']Very nice, thanks for the heads up. Ordering it, but I don't have faith in the plushy looking as nice as the picture.[/QUOTE]

I order the plushies off Amazon for my kids. Sky is the best of the bunch. Yard for her hair and fabic feels nice. Gloria is okay, but the glasses are glued on. A daughter almost pulled off the arm of Gloria and I have to get somebody to attach it again it's hanging by a thread.

The sackboy plushy is great, but I kept it from the kids and in the box it came with.

[quote name='mindsale']Bookends need to have heft to them. Books are heavy, remember? These are likely ceramic or plastic with a weighted bottom, made to look like cardboard.[/QUOTE]

Someone said earlier that they were made of cardboard. I hope you're right, because the book ends were the only reason I'd choose this package. The sackboy plush doesn't look that great. I've seen the one they sold at Best Buy, and it didn't look like Sackboy at all.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I've seen the one they sold at Best Buy, and it didn't look like Sackboy at all.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy sells their own Sackboy plush? I've gotta see this! :D

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Someone said earlier that they were made of cardboard. I hope you're right, because the book ends were the only reason I'd choose this package. The sackboy plush doesn't look that great. I've seen the one they sold at Best Buy, and it didn't look like Sackboy at all.[/QUOTE]

definitely cardboard, the PS blog guy answered a question regarding that. Ceramic? really wouldn't charge that little for something like that.

They are cardboard? Ugh, not so interested any more (even though I have it preordered at Amazon now). If they come up with a $10 or $20 credit that applies only to the regular version (like they did with Fable III) then I may really have to consider canceling the LE. As of right now there's already a $24 difference. If they make it $34 or $44 with a promo code then I'd be hard-pressed to spend that much more for cardboard "gameends", a cheap plush, and some useless costumes ;).

[quote name='sittinghawk3']definitely cardboard, the PS blog guy answered a question regarding that. Ceramic? really wouldn't charge that little for something like that.[/QUOTE]

Damn it! Right after I changed my Amazon order to the Collectors Edition.

If you look at the description for the Collectors Edition is says "gameends (bookends)". A flimsy piece of cardboard won't hold up videogames because it'll just push them aside and flop over anyways. They might not be ceramic but I believe they'll be heavier then cardboard. Even if they used cheap wood it would at least provide enough weight to hold the games up.

[quote name='Mixer236']I'm telling you guys, there's no way THAT is made out of straight cardboard... Quit worrying.[/QUOTE]

"What are those bookends made from? They look awesome. Please don’t tell me they are made of cardboard :( "

"Of course they’re made out of cardboard, would Sackboy have it any other way? But don’t worry the quality is there."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...etail-goodness/comment-page-2/#comment-431692

I really want to reserve this at Best Buy for the RZ points, but there's still nothing on their site. I've never reserved anything from Amazon before. If I reserve this on Amazon, can I cancel it if it does eventually show up on bestbuy.com?

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']I really want to reserve this at Best Buy for the RZ points, but there's still nothing on their site. I've never reserved anything from Amazon before. If I reserve this on Amazon, can I cancel it if it does eventually show up on bestbuy.com?[/QUOTE]Yes. As long as the order hasn't entered the shipping stage, you can cancel it and you haven't been charged for any items on the order.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes. As long as the order hasn't entered the shipping stage, you can cancel it and you haven't been charged for any items on the order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just reserved through Amazon...for now.

in 2 months FIFA 11 should come out.
maybe i can apply that 20 off giftcard or 10 giftcard to this collectors edition.

anyone know if i can pre-order it now and can i add that gift-card without having to delete from my orders and re-ordering?

[quote name='gordojones88']
"What are those bookends made from? They look awesome. Please don’t tell me they are made of cardboard :( "

"Of course they’re made out of cardboard, would Sackboy have it any other way? But don’t worry the quality is there."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...etail-goodness/comment-page-2/#comment-431692

.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of that quote, but from someone that works in paper I'm telling you there is no way that's made out of cardboard... There's way too much detail and it's definitely impossible to get that much realism out of plain old cardboard/paperboard. Only way I seeing that being able to be made out of paper would be compressed paperboard with all the sculpted figures glued on, and having that done would be way more expensive than just having a mold made for ceramic or plastic... Just look at the picture, anyone with any kind of common sense can tell that it can't be paper - you can't get quality that good from paperboard. So either that's nowhere near the final look and they're liars, or the ps blog guy was just joking.

I said this before and I'll go more in depth know. Could this be cheap cardboard or whatever, yes it could be, but IMO it won't be.

No one said ANYTHING on the blog about cardboard UNTIL someone used the word cardboard, if he said "please tell me this isn't made out of a burlap sack" the guy would have probably responded "of course it is, would sackboy have it any other way?" IMO he was latching on to what someone said and made a semi-joke reply to it.

But we could all be wrong and they may suck, but until an OFFICIAL announcement is made, that is my theory.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
No one said ANYTHING on the blog about cardboard UNTIL someone used the word cardboard, if he said "please tell me this isn't made out of a burlap sack" the guy would have probably responded "of course it is, would sackboy have it any other way?" IMO he was latching on to what someone said and made a semi-joke reply to it.
[/QUOTE]

Ironic you should use those exact words. I believe the Sackboy in the game-ends is made of burlap sack, and the rest is high quality cardboard.

It is possible that the bookends are made of a durable laminated paper product. Still solid, but able to be broken down and placed in the CE box. Think hardcover book or board game.

[quote name='Nibi']It is possible that the bookends are made of a durable laminated paper product. Still solid, but able to be broken down and placed in the CE box. Think hardcover book or board game.[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant by compressed paperboard, that's the only think I could think of that they'd be able to use. It'd be sturdy enough, and surprisingly heavy too. I just don't think everyone needs to get all worried thinking it's gonna be two pieces of paper with pop-up book like accents... Not gonna happen.

[quote name='Mixer236']That's what I meant by compressed paperboard, that's the only think I could think of that they'd be able to use. It'd be sturdy enough, and surprisingly heavy too. I just don't think everyone needs to get all worried thinking it's gonna be two pieces of paper with pop-up book like accents... Not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

I would expect some type of resin, hollow of course to reduce the amount of material needed and weight for shipping.

Pre-ordered at Gamestop. They finally had it in their system. Why do the cashiers feel the need to tell me about everything that is in the collector's edition when I am already pre-ordering it. Once you've made the sale, stop selling. Anyways, stoked for this CE. I'm getting the feeling the plush and game ends will be good quality. I don't see Sony screwing over its arguably most hardcore fanbase.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Why do the cashiers feel the need to tell me about everything that is in the collector's edition when I am already pre-ordering it. Once you've made the sale, stop selling.[/QUOTE]I wasn't there so I really don't know but since you also spoke in generalities regarding cashiers I figured I would just point out that their probably just making small talk in an effort to be polite.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I wasn't there so I really don't know but since you also spoke in generalities regarding cashiers I figured I would just point out that their probably just making small talk in an effort to be polite.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to believe that, but unfortunately he might just be someone who has no filter and can't stop talking. It took me close to 20 minutes to get a simple return, trade-in, and pre-order done. He kept talking about random stuff and even whipped out his iPhone and tried to show me games I should purchase on there (I refuse to pay for apps on my iPhone). Anyways, I guess it could be worse. Could stand there in awkward silence the whole time.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bump for LBP! This has release date delivery now so for those that ordered early and have Prime be sure to update the shipping speed.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks! Hopefully Amazon attaches some credit to it as well!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bump for LBP! This has release date delivery now so for those that ordered early and have Prime be sure to update the shipping speed.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm i changed my shipping to release date shipping and it only costs 5.98. 1 day shipping was 9.98 LOL. I dont even have amazon prime. Ill keep it at release date shipping for now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']You won't get charged for 3 1/2 months, yo. Jump.[/QUOTE]

he can't use his credit though until he madden ships guy. :bouncy:

[quote name='oldboy26']he can't use his credit though until he madden ships guy. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just jump now and then when madden ships, email them to apply the credit?

[quote name='Chemosh013']Just jump now and then when madden ships, email them to apply the credit?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work all the time, but yeah, if you want it, you should pre-order it now. The credit can be used on other games anyway, it's not like you gonna stop spending :lol:

I'm worried about the "limited quantity" part of this CE, that's why i'm taking no chances. Of course, one can wait for a $19.95 clearance from TRU.com :lol: (no, i didn't get the chance to score a $19.95 GoW III UE or BS2 CE).

I had it set to one-day delivery.. and then updated to release date delivery. Is that faster? It's also free if you're using Prime, I see. Hmm.. anyone care to explain to a newb?

I didnt realize the release day was free with Prime either, i thought just the 2-day was free and release day or one day was like 2.99 with Prime.

I put my money down the other day for the LE at Gamestop. The Sackboy plush is what sold me lol. Plus the wife loves LBP. so it's a win win

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Will the plushie really look that awesome :[[/QUOTE]

Sony's CEs are usually pretty good. Case in-point, the GOW3 chest was exactly how it was pictured.

[quote name='technole']Sony's CEs are usually pretty good. Case in-point, the GOW3 chest was exactly how it was pictured.[/QUOTE]

GoW 3 chest is a lump of plastic crap. Such a cheap shitty item for a set that originally cost so damn much.

I imagine the LBP2 set will be a lot better... I mean, this is MediaMolecule we are talking about, they cared enough to give us the game...

Good news everyone!
I asked about the gameends on the blog, and got this response
"No worries, you’ll love it! It’s not made of cardboard, it’s just designed to look like it was made in the world of LittleBigPlanet! Your games will be safely secured (especially with those Sackbots keeping gaurd) ;)"

[quote name='Vader582']Shhhh...
coupon code PLAY15 is working on PS3 preorders, LBP2 CE/GT5 CE included.
[/QUOTE]

gamestop or amazon ? Because I am not giving gamestop my money :p

Can you apply a gift card to an online preorder you've placed? I'm getting a $25 GS GC from u.talk.back soon and wouldn't mind using it on the CE preorder.

bread's done
Back