LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector's Edition $79.99 - Available in "Limited Quantities"

isofan1

CAGiversary!
Pre-Order Links

Amazon.com

GameStop.com

Straight from the PlayStation Blog

What else…”PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me you guys are offering a Collectors Edition” – OK, OK, good news is YES, we’re offering a Collector’s Edition of LittleBigPlanet 2 in the US, bad news is it’ll be a limited run, so you better pre-order soon to ensure you get one. The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition, will also be available on November 16 at select retailers at $79.99, and in limited quantity. Here’s what you can expect from the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collectors Edition:

• A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.
  • Your own little “Sackboy” – 7” of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.
  • Exclusive LBP2 “game ends” – keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends
  • One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:
  • Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
  • And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:
  • PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
  • PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
  • 5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

4820500851_c85cd9e43a.jpg

Pre-Order Goodies have also been announced for those of you just looking to buy the game

Amazon.com – Pre-order at Amazon.com and get 6 Sackboy costumes including exclusive access to Ratchet & Clank costumes from the ever popular Ratchet & Clank franchise. In addition to the exclusive 2 costumes, you’ll get four new “Animals” costumes, for a total of 6 costumes.

4820500605_a9dc4f77ce_m.jpg

BestBuy & BestBuy.com – All together now…”the claw!!!” We’ve partnered with Disney & Pixar to provide the exclusive “Aliens” costume for BestBuy pre-orderers. We can already imagine the number of uses you guys will use this costume combined with the new Sackbots feature. And be on the lookout for more characters thru an upcoming Toy Story 3 DLC in the near future. Plus the 4 costumes from “Even More Animals”

4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

GameStop & GameStop.com – Are you as excited for the release of TRON: Legacy as we are? If so, head on over to GameStop and pre-order to get the exclusive *Clu* Sackboy costume from Tron: Legacy. Be the first to have this costume and hold tight for more TRON: Legacy costumes later this year. And again, you also get the 4 different “Even More Animals” costumes.

4821120004_9dd147000d_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icedrake523']Can you apply a gift card to an online preorder you've placed? I'm getting a $25 GS GC from u.talk.back soon and wouldn't mind using it on the CE preorder.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can at GS.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Do people keep asking if it's made of cardboard? Has anyone instead asked what it is made of?
Edit: I asked hopefully there's an answer at some point.[/QUOTE]
There was pages and pages of people arguing in this thread after the announcement of the CE when someone asked on the blog if the game ends were made of cardboard and the guy said that they were.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']There was pages and pages of people arguing in this thread after the announcement of the CE when someone asked on the blog if the game ends were made of cardboard and the guy said that they were.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that but I also just saw that other posted link where Mick Perona says they are not made of cardboard.

So the person saying it was made of cardboard was just joking around then since now it's confirmed to not be cardboard. I don't really care either way, but this should relieve some here.

Conflicting reports. They need to state what is it in one of their blogs as to make it official. Right now when somebody asked, they have given two different answers to it. They may not know themselves as they're just PR people and will say what it takes to promote their product. Either way I'll preorder it after I get the Madden credit on Amazon.

Just order with the code, nice one but for some reason they charge me tax on my edge credit, going to try email them to fix it. But even with tax, it is only around $74.

[quote name='Bawse']Yes you can at GS.[/QUOTE]
Do you have to call them? I don't see anything except Update Credit Card on the order page.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, I'm really tempted to get this, and I don't even have a PS3!!! LOL! I really just want the extras. What to do?[/QUOTE]
Like your avatar says:
image.php
IT being a PS3 ;)

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just order with the code, nice one but for some reason they charge me tax on my edge credit, going to try email them to fix it. But even with tax, it is only around $74.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy off the website? I don't think it differentiates "edge credit" from "gift card credit", but that could be that I'm in California, where we get fucked over everywhere.

[quote name='eau']Like your avatar says:
image.php
IT being a PS3 ;)[/QUOTE]

I ROFL'd!!! I don't know. I LOVE my 360, and most of the games I would get are on both systems, besides GoW and stuff like that. It just doesn't make much sense. Plus, I'll be going to college next year, and I don't want to bring two systems with me. The main thing is, I love the games on 360. Most of the Sony stuff just doesn't appeal to me. I also HATE the controllers on PS3. They feel so uncomfortable in my hands, and the layout is shit (IMO). The bluray is cool, but I don't have an HD tv, so it'd be a waste.

Well, back on topic, I'll consider getting one of these, as I love swag, and could probably sell the game for $50 a couple days after release. Then it'd be like $30 for all of the extras. Pretty good deal, IMO.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I ROFL'd!!! I don't know. I LOVE my 360, and most of the games I would get are on both systems, besides GoW and stuff like that. It just doesn't make much sense. Plus, I'll be going to college next year, and I don't want to bring two systems with me. The main thing is, I love the games on 360. Most of the Sony stuff just doesn't appeal to me. I also HATE the controllers on PS3. They feel so uncomfortable in my hands, and the layout is shit (IMO). The bluray is cool, but I don't have an HD tv, so it'd be a waste.

Well, back on topic, I'll consider getting one of these, as I love swag, and could probably sell the game for $50 a couple days after release. Then it'd be like $30 for all of the extras. Pretty good deal, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind that a great number of the bonus extras are DLC codes, which usually have an expiration date. So if you don't plan to buy a PS3, those codes will become useless later on. The real tangible things that you can keep are the plush and the bookends.

[quote name='eau']Keep in mind that a great number of the bonus extras are DLC codes, which usually have an expiration date. So if you don't plan to buy a PS3, those codes will become useless later on. The real tangible things that you can keep are the plush and the bookends.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would probably ebay the codes, as they usually fetch amazing prices. So, do you think I should bite??????

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah, I would probably ebay the codes, as they usually fetch amazing prices. So, do you think I should bite??????[/QUOTE]
image.php

[quote name='ssjmichael']So the person saying it was made of cardboard was just joking around then since now it's confirmed to not be cardboard. I don't really care either way, but this should relieve some here.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone, including Sony's PR people, really knows what the material is yet. I think it's safe to assume it won't be solid wood or anything too heavy though given that the shipping cost to retailers would be ridiculous for something that heavy.

The DLC section that shows what you suppose to get from pre-ordering from Amazon did not show up with Collector's Edition, does that mean those that pre-ordered the Collector's Edition will not receive those DLC?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']The DLC section that shows what you suppose to get from pre-ordering from Amazon did not show up with Collector's Edition, does that mean those that pre-ordered the Collector's Edition will not receive those DLC?[/QUOTE]

The CE comes with all the exclusive DLC from all the different retailers.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The CE comes with all the exclusive DLC from all the different retailers.[/QUOTE]

Ah, got it. Thank you for clarifying. It is just that when looking at it on Gamestop.com, it said that pre-order would include the DLC, so I thought it would be like the God of War III skins.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah, I would probably ebay the codes, as they usually fetch amazing prices. So, do you think I should bite??????[/QUOTE]

No. That is absolutely ridiculous that you would want to buy a PS3 game, and some of it's mascot, while having no interest in the console itself. You'd just be wasting $80.

[quote name='Vader582']Shhhh...
GS.com coupon code PLAY15 is working on PS3 preorders, LBP2 CE/GT5 CE included.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's really tempting: $12 off...does GS charge you after your order or when it ships like Amazon?

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Hmm that's really tempting: $12 off...does GS charge you after your order or when it ships like Amazon?[/QUOTE]

When it ships, and if you change your mind you can cancel before it ships like Amazon. My order total after tax and with SAVER code is $73. So saving $7 on an already awesome CE isn't bad at all. I wish there was a faster ship code for LBP2 though..

This is working for all PS3 pre-orders so it's a good deal for the Move Sports bundle, GT5, Fallout New Vegas, and Dead Rising 2 pre-orders also.

The play15 code probably should have gotten it's own thread since theyre pretty good deals but then they'd probably be a lot more likely to cancel the orders since it's supposed to be for in-stock games and also not for special editions..

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh, I may have to cancel my Amazon order and order from G$ now. Since I'm paying with credit with both, I prefer to keep my amazon credit over G$ any day.

What's with the limited quantities in the title. Is it really limited or is it another marketing bs line companies use to sell more. They usually limit to how many they can sell. If they don't name the number its limited to they shouldn't be able to say its limited.

[quote name='claypool']What's with the limited quantities in the title. Is it really limited or is it another marketing bs line companies use to sell more. They usually limit to how many they can sell. If they don't name the number its limited to they shouldn't be able to say its limited.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty clear that it's not as "limited" as we'd like and I agree it's absolutely annoying as hell. If it wasn't worth the price I wouldn't bother ordering it. Fortunately it looks to be well worth the extra $20 regardless of how "limited" it actually is.

[quote name='ShockandAww']When it ships, and if you change your mind you can cancel before it ships like Amazon. My order total after tax and with SAVER code is $73. So saving $7 on an already awesome CE isn't bad at all. I wish there was a faster ship code for LBP2 though..

This is working for all PS3 pre-orders so it's a good deal for the Move Sports bundle, GT5, Fallout New Vegas, and Dead Rising 2 pre-orders also.

The play15 code probably should have gotten it's own thread since theyre pretty good deals but then they'd probably be a lot more likely to cancel the orders since it's supposed to be for in-stock games and also not for special editions..[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the info. After some calculations, my order at Amazon will be just a bit cheaper still (since I'll have some preorder game credits soon) and no tax.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The play15 code probably should have gotten it's own thread since theyre pretty good deals but then they'd probably be a lot more likely to cancel the orders since it's supposed to be for in-stock games and also not for special editions..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would have liked to have posted this code in its own thread but the deal would have died within minutes/hours, hence me trying to keep it somewhat down-low.
As it is now, it's been up for almost a whole day. However, SD has it's own thread that's gathering steam. So if you have some PS3 preorders you want, you better hurry. Plus the code will die shortly due to it being a Daily Deal.

I'd like to use the GS code but I'd also like the Ratchet & Clank characters from Amazon.

Let's see, it comes out to about $7 cheaper with GS (thanks to stupid tax) and to buy the characters later they will probably be $2 each. Only a few dollars difference.

Although I have been impressed with GS pre-order delivery. Even using the SAVER code it seems the game arrives the day of or the day after release. Not so much with FSSS from Amazon.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'd like to use the GS code but I'd also like the Ratchet & Clank characters from Amazon.

Let's see, it comes out to about $7 cheaper with GS (thanks to stupid tax) and to buy the characters later they will probably be $2 each. Only a few dollars difference.

Although I have been impressed with GS pre-order delivery. Even using the SAVER code it seems the game arrives the day of or the day after release. Not so much with FSSS from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
As has been said a million times, the CE comes with all the pre-order DLC.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']As has been said a million times, the CE comes with all the pre-order DLC.[/QUOTE]
Whoops. I apologize. I thought each retailer got special characters? What's the point of them advertising them? Or do you only get those "exclusives" if you order the regular edition from the respective retailer?

Edit: Never mind. I carefully read the OP and that seems to be the case. Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']As has been said a million times, the CE comes with all the pre-order DLC.[/QUOTE]

He never said CE.

Preordered using SAVER and PLAY15. If it is canceled, that is fine because I may cancel it myself. I tend to get Limited Editions a little bit after launch at around 50% off.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I just realized I have a few $10 coupon codes for GS, but you can't combine those with other codes though, right?[/QUOTE]Correct. Sadly.

I know they've said that LBP1 costumes will work in 2, but have they said anything about the level or sticker packs? I imagine they'd work with LBP2 as well, right?

bread's done
Back