LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year $11.99 w/ free shipping @ walmart.com

I'm going to see if best buy will pm this for me, I have been waiting on a good deal on this ever since I passed on the free version from the playstation welcome back program.

OP great find! I already have this, but wanted to get one for my son. I also had a $10 giftcard. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Is the bonus content installed off the disc or tokens? I got the Welcome Back version, so I'm just interested in the dlc then trading it in...

[quote name='bh47']Is the bonus content installed off the disc or tokens? I got the Welcome Back version, so I'm just interested in the dlc then trading it in...[/QUOTE]

The DLC content isn't compatible with the Welcome Back version. You will need the disc of the GOTY to play the DLC.

Very nice... still makes me mad I paid full price for LBP when I bought my PS3 and haven't played through it yet... I did play it a lot when I first got it though... but, I never paid full price for a game after that... learned my lesson now :D

Now, I just need to wait for LBP2 to come down to that price!!!

Definitely a good deal for anyone that does not have it yet!

[quote name='darken']$12 TIV at gamestop. Kind of like a free rental then[/QUOTE]

That's not including the +10% PUR and +40% promotion you can get.
Not worth it for a flip, but if you just want to try it for a few days then you should definitely be able to get your money back in GS credit if that doesn't bother you.

Still trying to decide if I want to bite on this, I just don't think I'd play it much. Amazing deal though, thanks!

[quote name='Bumslie']The DLC content isn't compatible with the Welcome Back version. You will need the disc of the GOTY to play the DLC.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know about this; picking up a copy too with in-store pickup since I'll be at Walmart today anyway.

Thanks OP.

Even though it wasn't GOTY, I'm sure the free Welcome Back package basically ruined sales for the retail game (this price point is probably a result of decreased sales). Lets face it, most people don't buy add-on content anyway and if you can get a game for free, why would you buy the game with money? I beat this game a long time ago and promptly sold it. The difficulty of the final third of the game is ridiculous. Originally I was going to keep it for the kids since they make it look kid friendly but decided that it would probably result in a controller through the TV. While I was able to finish the game, I certainly would have broken less sturdy controllers after losing a few times....

Good price, but even at $10 don't know if I could justify it sense got it for free with the 'welcome back' package.

I have the LBP from the Welcome Back program, if I use the GOTY edition, will it play nice with the current files? I have LBP2 on the way and would like to have the Extra DLC that is on the disc to work inside LBP2, let me know, thanks!

Thanks, OP. It's a great deal on a great game. I bought it from (and later returned to) Gamestop for almost $30 a few weeks ago, so I can't pass this up.

[quote name='guardkitty']I have the LBP from the Welcome Back program, if I use the GOTY edition, will it play nice with the current files? I have LBP2 on the way and would like to have the Extra DLC that is on the disc to work inside LBP2, let me know, thanks![/QUOTE]

They LBP GOTY DLC won't work with the Welcome Back Program LBP. I know a few people that tried it out and it wasn't compatible.

[quote name='kaoticz']Just pm'd at BB. 12 and change out the door. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

As much as I've bought at BB I should know how this works...but I don't. So do you go to CS desk or the game kiosk and say Walmart has this game for $11.99, can you price match this?

They call the store or look up the game on the Walmart website? I would rather buy at BB for the RZ points :) and because it's closer.

bread's done
Back