LittleBigPlanet GOTY for $25 shipped at GS (likely black label)

icedrake523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Just saw this at SlickDeals.

LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year is $30 (reflecting the GH price). But you can use the 15NEW code to get it for $25 with free shipping (use code SAVER, I forget if you still need to though).
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75799

I know there's a thread on this GS coupon but I thought this deserved it's own since it's a pretty damn good deal.

UPDATE: People have been receiving black label cases. So if you want one, best to order as soon as you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the timely, constructive responses.
Seems low-risk enough to take a chance.

Given the option in most cases, I avoid the PS3 GH,
but when it is an overhauled edition, like in this case,
I would be alright with the modified packaging for the modified release. Much like the 360 PH improved look these days,
along with the titles packed with additional content.

For those who cannot relate to the various degrees of obsession,
I certainly can understand that. For those who suffer
these same little quirks that give their collecting/ownership some
bizarre little degree of extra satisfaction,
no one understands your pain better than I.

Playing them is kinda fun, as well.
thanks again.

[quote name='jinpak']anyone know if they will be black label?[/QUOTE]

We wont know that one until somebody gets it.

Maybe the next CAG charity drive can be for the OCD "What Color is the Label/Case?" club.

The initial proceeds will be used to send out black magic markers to those afflicted. Then they can color that inch of red at the top of the Greatest Hits label black....and sleep soundly for once. :pray:

WE CAN FIND A CURE!

I'm gonna ask this again, just to be sure and listen to others people opinions and sugestions:

I have my recently purchased copy of Little Big Planet GOTY Edition still sealed since March 17, 2010. Yes on the last day of the 50% bonus on trade ins. With the games I put on trade, I got 50 dollars on credit, so I only used like $13 to pay the full price of LBP GOTY.

In this case, would I still get some money or credit back for returning the game?

I wanna see if I can get LBP GOTY and Infamous both at $30.

If they're sealed, return them for full refund. You have until April 15th-16th to return it but do so now.

If it's not sealed. Go buy a sealed one at GS (if you can find one), and return that one with your other receipt and get the full $60 back.
Actually, it doesn't even have to be sealed as long as they put that sticker over the opening to show you haven't opened it.

[quote name='Zippon']Maybe the next CAG charity drive can be for the OCD "What Color is the Label/Case?" club.

The initial proceeds will be used to send out black magic markers to those afflicted. Then they can color that inch of red at the top of the Greatest Hits label black....and sleep soundly for once. :pray:

WE CAN FIND A CURE![/QUOTE]

Make sure not to spend it all in one place.
Have to save some for the "have to comment on another's personal
preference with no contribution to the actual query" foundation.

Yeah, my copy of LBP GOTY is still sealed.

I'm gonna go to Gamestop early next week but I gotta check first if my local GS has LBP GOTY edition at $30 new.

Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='icedrake523']Thanks for reminding me why I don't bother posting deals often.[/QUOTE]

I for one appreciate it. Came out to $26.76 for me, which is a perfect impulse-buy price for me on a game that's received so much positive talk. I had no interest at $60 when it came out, but GOTY content at this price sounds great!

When I heard of the impending price drop of the GOTY edition, I immediately sold my regular copy of LBP on ebay for $28 (it just sold today actually), and then bought the GOTY edition from Gamestop for $28! haha.

I've been trying to come up with a way to spend my $25 gamestop gift card I got for Christmas without walking into one of their shithole stores. Thanks OP!!

[quote name='johnnypark']I for one appreciate it. Came out to $26.76 for me, which is a perfect impulse-buy price for me on a game that's received so much positive talk. I had no interest at $60 when it came out, but GOTY content at this price sounds great![/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I, for one, am glad the OP posted this. Pulled the trigger on this one. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Well, then I guess this thread is necessary.

I thought the fact that there is a thread dedicated to LBP GOTY, InFamous, and Resistance 2 being greatest hits along with another thread pointing out the gamestop discount codes was enough of a tip off.

Another thread feels like handholding.

I'm still debating ordering this online because I'm worried that I will be sent a gutted copy. Sorry, I'm one of those fussy types who insist that when I buy a game new, it comes in its original factory sealed condition. Still have around $60 GS credit to spend though.

[quote name='estofan']I'm still debating ordering this online because I'm worried that I will be sent a gutted copy. Sorry, I'm one of those fussy types who insist that when I buy a game new, it comes in its original factory sealed condition. Still have around $60 GS credit to spend though.[/QUOTE]

Online doesn't send gutted copies AFAIK

[quote name='paddlefoot']Well, then I guess this thread is necessary.

I thought the fact that there is a thread dedicated to LBP GOTY, InFamous, and Resistance 2 being greatest hits along with another thread pointing out the gamestop discount codes was enough of a tip off.

Another thread feels like handholding.[/QUOTE]

Some may not know that the price drop is in effect for LBP on GameStop's site and thus not think of using it with the coupon code.

This has its own thread and is even more unnecessary

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256346
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256346

Yes, thank you much OP! Not only did I grab this, but because you had me go to GS I also ended up finding Yakuza 2!

[quote name='icedrake523']The DLC is on the disc. There are no codes.[/QUOTE]

New question. Is it an install? If I rented it would I get to put that content on the HD?

I ordered back on Friday before noon, and still no shipping confirmation...

[quote name='ZForce915']New question. Is it an install? If I rented it would I get to put that content on the HD?[/QUOTE]

Not an install.

[quote name='shotcaller88']I got my game today and got my shipping confirmation via e-mail a little while afterward. It's NOT the GH version! *Yay*[/QUOTE]

I have two questions for you if you don't mind...you got your e-mail confirmation shortly AFTER you received the GAME itself?

And, when did you place your order?

Edit...I just checked my orders under the GS account. A shipping number is listed which means they shipped it out, although USPS has no record. I didn't get any email though. Oh well.

[quote name='shotcaller88']I got my game today and got my shipping confirmation via e-mail just a few minutes ago. It's NOT the GH version! *Yay*[/QUOTE]

Same here.

The used price in stores is $24.99 (I think). They didn't have any GOTY copies, just original. I have yet to see a used one in stores actually but I'll pick it up when I do.

[quote name='sadunk']The used price in stores is $24.99 (I think). They didn't have any GOTY copies, just original. I have yet to see a used one in stores actually but I'll pick it up when I do.[/QUOTE]

I just visited my GS, and they had two copies of LBP:GOTY Used for 26.99.

[quote name='saetia']They just shipped mine, today. Hope it's still a black label.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine today annnnnnnnnd... IT'S A BLACK LABEL!

Hooray!

Why pay $27 to get it used in the store when you can get it for $27 new?

Got mine today, too! Black label, factory sealed. I ordered on the 2nd, was sent out yesterday, arrived today.

[quote name='h2dk']Used price in store is now $24.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, regular edition used is $24.99 here. I haven't seen a used GOTY yet.

I got mine today. It shipped Monday, it's the Greatest Hits label. I called about it and they said EVERY order shipped from now on will be a GH label.

Just kidding...it's the regular version.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Fugly...[/QUOTE]

You buy games for the cases? I buy games to play. As long as the case isn't generic what does it matter?

[quote name='JuicemanJM']You buy games for the cases? I buy games to play. As long as the case isn't generic what does it matter?[/QUOTE]I also buy games to play. At one point I'll be looking to trade the game. Which one do you think will carry a better value?

[quote name='JuicemanJM']You buy games for the cases? I buy games to play. As long as the case isn't generic what does it matter?[/QUOTE]

They look ugly when you put them on your shelf. I avoid getting them when I can.

bread's done
Back