Not open for further replies.
Undead Nightmare
Hydro Thunder
Claptrap's Robot Revolution
Limbo
Monday Night Combat
Laura Croft: GoL
Perfect Dark

I feel good about what I bought with all my Christmas Points.

[quote name='An J0e']got shadow broker

was going to get castle crashers, but friends don't have it so i got banjo tooie :D

nice haul for $10[/QUOTE]

If your friends can come over for local co-op, get it

picked up

Lara Croft: GoL 600
Perfect Dark 400
Hydro Thunder 400
premium toy box dlc 280
premium deluge dlc 280
banjo-tooie 600
limbo 800

total = 3360

[quote name='kburns10']Just noticed that in the Destination: Arcade section, it says that items are "non-longer working". Thought you might wanna fix it in case you didn't catch it. Thanks again for keeping this thread going![/QUOTE]

I already posted about this lol. But I guess it's hard to notice with all the posts in between. :roll:
Anyways, the Destination: Arcade "Boogie Bunnies sale" can be removed.
Edit: I think it's permanently 500 points for Gold members.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2612/destination-arcade-beta-ends.htm

[quote name='chartchaiganan']Picked up Castle Crashers. Debating about Limbo. Would rather have it be cheaper :/[/QUOTE]

thats what i said, but broke down and bought it. so many people like/loved it, and it looks really good... so i said wtf, its $2.50 (extra) of fun money that has to get spent on games/game dlc anyway... may as well get something thats good. plus i dont want to wait forever to play this lol :)

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']thats what i said, but broke down and bought it. so many people like/loved it, and it looks really good... so i said wtf, its $2.50 (extra) of fun money that has to get spent on games/game dlc anyway... may as well get something thats good. plus i dont want to wait forever to play this lol :)[/QUOTE]

Haha I could buy it now before I leave for the night but whatever. Hopefully it goes down in price eventually again. I don't mind waiting since I have many more games to play, and right now Castle Crashers is pretty fun.

Still kind of waiting for other sales too haha. Trying to think of what other games to get like Dance Central or AC:Brotherhood.

Only snagged Castlevania HD + DLC (ME2, AW) but I'm thinking I should have went for Red Dead DLC (just the Nightmare) + Lara Croft (already own it on PS3).

Wow, I spent much more than I was planning to spend during this sale. I ended up with:

Deadliest Warrior - 400 pts
Monday Night Combat - 600 pts
3 x Mass Effect DLC - 600 pts
Hydro Thunder - 400 pts

also picked up:
Force Unleashed DLC - 80 pts
MUA 2 DLC - 800 pts
MUA Juggernaut - 160 pts

Total Spent 3040. I kinda regret not picking up the Alan Wake DLC, but I didn't think I would play it any time soon just with the back log I had before this sale, not to mention everything that I just picked up. I was on the fence with Limbo and Comic Jumper, but I just couldn't pull the trigger with them only being 33% on sale. Sure enough, within the next few months, they will probably go on sale for 560-600 pts, and I wouldn't have even played them by then anyways, so I can wait.

fuck, fuck, fuck, credit card expired an hour ago and less than an hour until the sale goes down and I REALLY want Castle Crashers.

Curse you procrastination!

EDIT: Forgot I got a $100 Debit Card from my aunt for Christmas. Here's to hoping it works!

EDIT 2: Of course it doesn't. fuck. Maybe Castle Crashers will go on sale again later. If only Amazon still had the codes for sale I'd be set.

Lame!
Limbo for 800 points!

I'd bet my account that there will be a better sale for it in the coming year on XBL down. Or at least another one of those buy x # amount of game & get 800 points back promotions.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']fuck, fuck, fuck, credit card expired an hour ago and less than an hour until the sale goes down and I REALLY want Castle Crashers.

Curse you procrastination!

EDIT: Forgot I got a $100 Debit Card from my aunt for Christmas. Here's to hoping it works!

EDIT 2: Of course it doesn't. fuck. Maybe Castle Crashers will go on sale again later. If only Amazon still had the codes for sale I'd be set.[/QUOTE]

Did you activate the debit card?

[quote name='WTFer']Did you activate the debit card?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I didn't even know I had to do that. >_>; Never had one of them before.

And it turns out my dad renewed the credit card, so all I had to do was edit the expiration date. Got in on Castle Crashers. Now I can finally go to sleep. X3

ended up getting

Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Limbo
Lara Croft GOL
Castlevania HD
Mass Effect 3 DLC Packs
Dance Central $1 song

Not bad overall I think. Totally forgot Banjo Tooie was on sale for 600. Probably would have gotten that instead of Limbo.

I bought Limbo because it's cool, and I have not seen it onsale yet. $10 is doable $15 = too much. Been playing the last hour and what a blast! Worth 800 if your gonna hold out for cheaper you could say that on every game and never get anything.

Okay so I wanted to post this so everyone can get a good look at all the "sales" for 2010

1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh
6/7 - Battlefield 1943, Call of Duty Classic, Duke Nukem 3D, Peggle, Serious Sam HD, Worms 2: Armageddon
6/14 - Marvel vs Capcom 2, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled, Trials HD
6/16 - A Kingdom for Keflings, Alien Hominid HD, Banjo Tooie, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Bomberman LIVE, Castle Crashers, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Contra, Crystal Defenders, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, Magic the Gathering, N+, Panzer General, Portal, TMNT: 1989 Arcade, Uno Rush, Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment, Zombie Apocalypse
6/21 - Dumbbells (prop), FIFA 10 Ultimate Teams, Football Genius, Hockey Stick (prop), Madden NFL Arcade, NBA 2K10 Draft Combine, Sensible World of Soccer, Soccer Ball (prop), MLB Stickball
6/24 - Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Sonic & Knuckles (1-Day Sale)
6/28 - Chime, Darwinia, Defense Grid, Poker Smash, The Misadventure of PB Winterbottom, Rocket Riot
7/5 - After Burner Climax, Death By Cube, Mega Man 10, Scrap Metal
7/6 - "LIVEapalooza"

Rock Band & Rock Band 2
-AFI Pack 1
-Blink 182 Pack 2
-Boston Pack 1
-Disturbed Pack 1
-The Colour and the Shape (Album) - Foo Fighters
-Going Country Pack 1
-Green Day Pack 1
-The Killers Pack 1
-Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (Album) - Megadeth
-Metallica Pack 1
-Nirvana Pack 1
-"Wonderwall" - Oasis
-Backspacer (Album) - Pearl Jam
-Ten (Album) - Pearl Jam
-Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Album) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Slipknot Pack 1
-Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 1
-"Buddy Holly" - Weezer
-The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition
-Wolfmother Pack 01

Guitar Hero 5 & Guitar Hero World Tour
-"Another Way To Die" - Jack White & Alicia Keys
-"California Queen" - Wolfmother
-Classic Rock 2 Track Pack
-"Cut Your Hair" - Pavement
-"Drive" by Incubus
-The Eagles Track Pack
-"Life In The Fast Lane" - The Eagles
-Metallica "Death Magnetic" Full Album
-Motorhead Track Pack
-"Monkey Gone to Heaven" - The Pixies
-"Negative Creep" - Nirvana
-"New Slang" - The Shins
-"New Wave" - Against Me!
-"No Rain" - Blind Melon
-The Killers Track Pack
-The Rolling Stones Live Track Pack
-The Silversun Pickups Track Pack
-Vagrant Records Track Pack
-Vampire Weekend Track Pack
-Victory Records Track Pack

Lips, Lip #1 Hits & Lips Party Classics
-"Achy Breaky Heart" - Billy Ray Cyrus
-The Cardigans Song Pack
-Colbie Caillat Song Pack
-Coldplay Song Pack
-Creedence Clearwater Revival Song Pack
-"Fallin'" by Alicia Keys
-"Give A Little Bit" - Supertramp
-"Linger" by The Cranberries
-Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell Song Pack
-New Edition Song Pack
-Paula Abdul Song Pack
-"Shake It" - Metro Station
-Snow Patrol Song Pack
-"So What" - P!nk
-The Supremes Song Pack
-The Temptations Song Pack
-"You Get What You Give" - The New Radicals
-"You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" - The Righteous Brothers

7/12 - Lady Gaga's Poker Face (South Park Edition) feat. Eric Cartman - Rock Band DLC, South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY!
7/19 - Assassin's Creed II DLC - Sequence 12: Battle of Forli, Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities, Sequence 13: w/ 3 Secret Locations (Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria Dei Frari, and the Arsenal Shipyard), Flying Machine (Avatar Prop), Guard Armor (Avatar Gear)
7/21-8/9 - Football Genius, Sensible World of Soccer (Destination Arcade DotW)
7/26 -Borderlands - Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, & The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
8/2 - Forza 3 - AutoWeek Car Show Pack, Hot Holidays Car Pack, Jalopnik Car Pack, Nurburgring GP Track Pack, The Road & Track Car Pack
8/9-8/22 - Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Return to Ostagar, Warden's Keep, Blood Dragon Red Avatar T-shirt (Female & Male) (lasted till 8/25)
8/23 - BioShock 2 -Rapture Metro, Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, Rosie Big Daddy Outfit (Female & Male), Watchface Big Daddy Doll Prop (Wasn't "up" till 8/26)
8/30 - Alien Breed Episode 1, Aliens vs Predator Swarm Map Pack, Galaga Legions, Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition
9/6 - Resident Evil 5 DLC - Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares, Untold Stories Bundle, Versus Mode
9/9 - Halo RC Warthog (prop) (1-Day Sale)
9/13 - Arkedo Series 02 - SWAP! (Indie Game), BUST-A-MOVE Live!, Globe Clicker (Indie Game), Gyromancer, Puzzle Chronicles, Tower Bloxx Deluxe - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
9/18 - Halo RC Warthog (prop) (3-Day Sale)
9/20 - Left 4 Dead 2 - The Passing DLC
9/27 - Toy Soldiers
9/28 - 10/5 Sequel Sale Extravaganza

"Assassin's Creed II"
-Altair Outfit (Male/Female)
-Ezio Outfit (Male/Female)
-Sequence 12: Battle of Forli
-Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities
-Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations

"Fable II"
-Knothole Island
-See the Future

"Fallout 3"
-Broken Steel
-Mothership Zeta
-Operation: Anchorage
-Point Lookout
-The Pitt

"Star Wars: The Force Unleashed"
-Hoth Mission Pack
-Jedi Temple Mission Pack
-Mouse Droid (prop)
-StormTrooper Outfit (Male/Female)
-Tatooine Mission Pack

10/4 - CoD: MW2 - Resurgence Pack, Stimulus Package
10/11 - Mass Effect 2 - Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC, Overlord DLC, (Blood Dragon Armor, ME2 Helmet, ME2 Suit - Avatars)
10/12 - 10/18 - Gears of War 2 - All Fronts Collection
10/18 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DLC - Onslaught Mode, SPECAT Upgrade Bundle
10/19 - 10/25 - Borderlands - Secret Armory, The Underdome, Zombie Island
10/20 - 11/21 - Super Meat Boy (Launch sale)
10/25 - BioShock 2 Content - Avatar: Big Sister Outfit & Watchface Big Daddy Doll, Protector Trials, Rapture Metro, Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack
11/1 - Blade Kitten, Risk: Factions, Snoopy Flying Ace, (Avatars) Pug Dog Pet, Black Cat Pet
11/1-11/30 - Peggle (Sale was unannounced and ended the same way)
11/2-11/29 - Dragon Age DLC - Awakening, Leliana's Song, The Darkspawn Chronicles, The Golems of Amgarrak
11/8 - Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game
11/15 - Shank
11/17 - 11/?? - GTA IV: The Lost and Damned
11/22 - Battleship, Boggle, Connect 4, Connect 4X4, Jenga, Pictureka, Scrabble, Sorry!, Sorry! Sliders, Yahtzee
11/23 - 11/29 - "Black Friday" Sale (Open to all members)

XBLA:
-Madden NFL Arcade
-Magic: The Gathering
-Mega Man 10
-Portal: Still Alive
-Puzzle Quest 2
-Serious Sam HD - The First Encounter (GOLD MEMBERS ONLY FOR THE FIRST FEW HOURS THEN TAKEN OFF SALE)
-Serious Sam HD - The Second Encounter
-The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
-The Secret of Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
-Voodoo Dice
-Zombie Apocalypse

DLC:
-Alan Wake - The Signal
-Splinter Cell Conviction - Deniable Ops: Insurgency
-Trials HD - Big Pack

Rock Band Track Packs:
-Lady Gaga Pack 01
-Nirvana Pack 01
-Nirvana Pack 02

Diesel
-Matic 883 (Female Pants)
-Viker 8A7 (Male Pants)
Fantasy Pets
-Red Dragon Pet
Gear of War 3
-COG Armor (Male/Female)
Lara Croft and GoL
-Xoloti Mask
Modern Warfare 2
-Gas Mask
Roxy/QuickSilver
-Enough Said Woven Shirt (Female)
-Fuze Flannel (Male)
Super Street Figher IV
-Chun-Li Outfit (Female)
-Dudley Outfit (Male)
The Secret of Monkey Island: SE
-Cotton Swab (Prop)

Zune Content: (Rent and Buy)
-Batman: Gotham Knight
-Cats and Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
-Clash of the Titans (2010)
-Cop Out
-GoodFellas
-Michael Clayton
-P.S. I Love You
-RockNRolla
-Sex and the City 2
-The Losers
-Twister
-Unforgiven
-Various Music Videos

11/26 - 'Splosion Man, Trials HD, Greed Corp, TMNT-TiT:RS, Credence Clearwater Revival Pack, SW:TFU: Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar Prop), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox Original), Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox Original) - (1-Day/Black Friday Only Sale)
11/29 - Band of Bugs, Centipede & Millipede, Earthworm Jim HD, Worms 2: Armageddon
12/6 - 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, Polar Panic, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, Gears of War 2: Snowblind Map Pack, Burton RED Hi Fi Helmet (Male), Burton Custom Snowboard (Male Prop), Burton Feelgood Snowboard (Female Prop), Gingerbread Man Cookie (Prop)
12/7 - 1/10/2011 - BlazBlue CS DLC - Additional Playable Character "Valkenhayn R. Hellsing"
12/12 - A Kingdom for Keflings (1-Day Sale, not promoted, might have been mistake)
12/13 - Bejeweled 2, Feeding Frenzy 2, Tetris Splash, UNO RUSH, Zuma
12/14 - 12/31 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Endor DLC (Promo Price)
12/20 - 1/10/2011 - BlazBlue CS DLC - Additional Character Colors #1, Additional Character Colors #2, Additional Character Colors #3, Additional Playable Character "Makoto Nanaya", Additional System Voice Type-K, Additional System Voice Type-C, Additional System Voice Type-M, Unlock Playable Character Mu, Unlock All Unlimited Characters
12/20 - Audi R8 LMS RC Car (Prop), Checkered Flags (Prop), The Exotic Car Pack, The Road & Track Car Pack, The Summer Velocity Car Pack, World Class Car Pack
12/21 – 12/31 Holiday Blowout Sale

There were two sales going on at the same time.

Sale 1:
12/21 – 12/31 - After Burner Climax, Banjo Tooie, Carcassonne, Castle Crashers, Comic Jumper, Risk Factions, Super Meat Boy, The UnderGarden, Toy Soldiers, Borderlands - Claptrap New Revolution, 2011 Glasses for Avatars, Holiday Premium Theme

Sale 2:
One-Day ONLY / Daily Sales

12/21 - Red Dead Redemption DLC - Legends and Killers, Liars and Cheats, Undead Nightmare, Undead Nightmare Collection , Layer Cake (Movie), 2011 Glasses for Avatars
12/22 - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, 13 Going On 30 (Movie), Monke (Pet)
12/23 - Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Rock Band Keyboard (Prop)
12/24 - Alan Wake DLC - The Signal, The Writer, Wall Street (Movie), Alan Wake Raincoat (Male/Female)
12/25 - Dance Central - Black Eyed Peas - "I Got A Feeling", Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (Movie), Kinect Sports Giant Foam Finger
12/26 - Perfect Dark, Modern Warfare 2 UAV (Prop)
12/27 - Hydro Thunder Hurricane, I am Legend (Movie) ,Minotaur (Pet)
12/28 - Mass Effect 2 DLC - Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Overlord, Gamer (Movie), Police Officer Outfit (Male/Female)
12/29 - Monday Night Combat, Semi-Pro (Movie), Plants vs Zombies Zombie Mask
12/30 - Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2,Sonic The Hedgehog 3, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, Sonic Adventure, Sonic and Knuckles, The Notebook (Movie), Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Car (Prop)
12/31 - LIMBO, Kick-Ass (Movie), Yoda Green Light Saber (Prop)

12/27 - Deadliest Warrior, Samurai Helmet, Spartan Helmet, Spartan Shield
12/27 - Crackdown 2 DLC - Premium Deluge Pack, Premium Toy Box Pack, Level 5 Agent Suit (Male/Female), Freak Head (Avatar Gear) (Odd Sale)

That being said, I'm soliciting suggestions on how to make this thread better for 2011 since we will be nuking this thread and posting a new one in the next couple days/ Take a look at the FAQ and see if we need to cover anything. Also suggestions on price drops (Should I just leave it to a post as they happen?) and the What's In This DLC (Should that be post three after the FAQ?).

BTW, Thanks for all the kind words over the year.

I like the format as it is.

For price drops/changes, have a little section in the OP for "Price drops of the week" and then delete them every Monday and move them to their own section of the FAQ.

My purchases:

Makoto Nanaya
Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
Castle Crashers
Comic Jumper
Claptrap New Revolution
Undead Nightmare Collection
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Sonic: Episode 4
Sonic Adventure

Overall, 5640 points spent. Granted, 4000 of them I got as a gift.

Also, already had some of the others that were on sale.

[quote name='reddjoey']That being said, I'm soliciting suggestions on how to make this thread better for 2011 since we will be nuking this thread and posting a new one in the next couple days/ Take a look at the FAQ and see if we need to cover anything. Also suggestions on price drops (Should I just leave it to a post as they happen?) and the What's In This DLC (Should that be post three after the FAQ?).

BTW, Thanks for all the kind words over the year.[/QUOTE]

My suggestions would be to take advantage of Unordered Lists (found under the Go Advanced forum editor section) instead of dashes. Lists make things look sleeker and help you easily format things.

You could also add review links to items that are on sale. I always try to post reviews from IGN or other reputable sites in the Steam deal thread and it's gone over well. On the down side, it takes a little time to hunt for reviews.

Thanks always for doing such a great job with the thread!

[quote name='reddjoey']That being said, I'm soliciting suggestions on how to make this thread better for 2011 since we will be nuking this thread and posting a new one in the next couple days/ Take a look at the FAQ and see if we need to cover anything. Also suggestions on price drops (Should I just leave it to a post as they happen?) and the What's In This DLC (Should that be post three after the FAQ?).

You're already doing an amazing job with managing the thread, it's hard to think of a way to improve things. The only small suggestion I can think of is maybe placing a Metacritic link next to each discounted arcade game to avoid the clutter of "How is ?" posts.

I'd agree with the previous sentiments, although I personally recommend having the permanent price drop section be 30 days or so and dating each entry when it is added.

Thanks for all your work on this thread in 2010!

[quote name='reddjoey']Okay so I wanted to post this so everyone can get a good look at all the "sales" for 2010

1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
4/1 - South Park, Lumines Live, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
5/24 - Lazy Raiders
6/7 - Worms 2: Armageddon
6/14 - Trials HD
6/16 - Bionic Commando Rearmed, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, N+
6/24 - Sonic & Knuckles (1-Day Sale)
6/28 - Chime, Poker Smash, The Misadventure of PB Winterbottom
7/5 - After Burner Climax, Mega Man 10
7/6 - "LIVEapalooza"

Rock Band & Rock Band 2
-AFI Pack 1
-Blink 182 Pack 2
-Metallica Pack 1
-Nirvana Pack 1
-"Wonderwall" - Oasis
-Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Album) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Slipknot Pack 1

9/6 - Resident Evil 5 DLC - Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares, Untold Stories Bundle
10/4 - CoD: MW2 - Resurgence Pack, Stimulus Package
10/11 - Mass Effect 2 - Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC, Overlord DLC

XBLA:

DLC:
-Trials HD - Big Pack

Rock Band Track Packs:
-Lady Gaga Pack 01

Sale 2:

12/24 - Alan Wake DLC - The Writer
12/25 - Dance Central - Black Eyed Peas - "I Got A Feeling"
12/28 - Mass Effect 2 DLC - Lair of the Shadow Broker
12/30 - Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
[/QUOTE]

My haul for the year of XBLA sales.

That being said, I'm soliciting suggestions on how to make this thread better for 2011 since we will be nuking this thread and posting a new one in the next couple days/ Take a look at the FAQ and see if we need to cover anything. Also suggestions on price drops (Should I just leave it to a post as they happen?) and the What's In This DLC (Should that be post three after the FAQ?).

BTW, Thanks for all the kind words over the year.

Thanks for the hard work. I think everything has been perfect.

I love this thread. Been my most visited one on CAG ever since you started this.
Thank you for all the great work, and I hope you'll keep it up this year as well :)

As for the format, the current one works for me.

[quote name='reddjoey']
4/1 - Age of Booty
6/16 - Banjo Tooie, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
6/28 - Poker Smash, The Misadventure of PB Winterbottom

7/6 - "LIVEapalooza"

Rock Band & Rock Band 2
-Boston Pack 1
-The Killers Pack 1
-The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition

11/2-11/29 - Dragon Age DLC - Awakening, Leliana's Song, The Golems of Amgarrak

-Mega Man 10
-Trials HD - Big Pack

11/26 - Greed Corp

12/21 – 12/31 - After Burner Climax, Carcassonne, Borderlands - Claptrap New Revolution

12/27 - Hydro Thunder Hurricane
12/28 - Mass Effect 2 DLC - Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Overlord[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that... I guess for all the hype I really didn't use most of the sales. I can't tell if I saved money or was fleeced for impulse buying stuff I didn't need. I guess a little of both.

How about listing the % or points off in that previous sale listing you have? Also keeping a seperate list like that for Price Drops seems a decent idea if you are already posting about them in the thread. Oh and definitely make the DLC post a mainstay, it's absurdly useful.

WOW! A lot of stuff was on sale for 2010. I actually went through and found everything I bought (and that's not including a LOT of Rock Band DLC, DLC for other games, random XBLA downloads, etc. :lol:). I left in that stuff with everything reddjoey posted:

[quote name='reddjoey']7/6 - "LIVEapalooza"

Rock Band & Rock Band 2
-The Colour and the Shape (Album) - Foo Fighters

Guitar Hero 5 & Guitar Hero World Tour
-"Another Way To Die" - Jack White & Alicia Keys

7/12 -South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY!
9/20 - Left 4 Dead 2 - The Passing DLC
11/22 - Connect 4X4, Jenga, Pictureka,
12/13 - UNO RUSH

Sale 1:
12/21 – 12/31 - Banjo Tooie, Castle Crashers, 2011 Glasses for Avatars, Holiday Premium Theme

Sale 2:

12/21 - 2011 Glasses for Avatars
12/26 - Perfect Dark
12/27 - Hydro Thunder Hurricane[/QUOTE]

And I decided to grab both of the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLCs before yesterday ended (those points were supposed to go to Monday Night Combat for the holiday sale, but I guess I'll wait until another sale comes along to get that one). It doesn't look like I bought that much, but I saw quite a lot of sale-priced things I paid full price for (Alan Wake's The Writer DLC, 90% of all those songs/packs for Rock Band, some arcade games, etc.).

As for suggestions?

A Metacritic link, if possible (someone else already mentioned it). That's the only thing I can think of. If you think that a third post will make things even better, go for it. This is the one thread I always check week-to-week on CAG...even though I rarely post in it (people always tend to say things I'm either thinking or wondering :lol:). But I gotta say, reddjoey, you REALLY have done a great job with this thread. I think 2011 will be even better. :applause:

EDIT:

Apparently, this is my FIRST post in this thread. Weird. :whistle2:? Well, carry on...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']
Splosion Man
TMNT TiT RS
South Park,
Defense Grid
Rocket Riot
Trials HD
Zombie Apocalypse
Shadow Complex
Alien Hominid HD,
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Castle Crashers
TMNT: 1989 Arcade
Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3,
Chime
The Misadventure of PB Winterbottom
Liveapalloza: Rock Band & Rock Band 2
-"Wonderwall" - Oasis
-"Buddy Holly" - Weezer

Sequel Sale Extravaganza: "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed"
-Tatooine Mission Pack

Mass Effect 2 - Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC,
Mass Effect 2 - Overlord DLC
Super Meat Boy
Risk: Factions
Snoopy Flying Ace
Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game
Greed Corp
Credence Clearwater Revival Pack
3 on 3 NHL Arcade
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Endor DLC
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, 13 Going On 30 (Movie), Monke (Pet)
Alan Wake DLC The Writer
Perfect Dark
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Mass Effect 2 DLC - Lair of the Shadow Broker
Monday Night Combat [/QUOTE]

This is why I just bought a new 250g HD today.

As for thread recommendations, the only thing I can think of, and it may not be a good idea at all, would be to make a 4 post OP. One for DOTW and Misc. Deals, a 2nd for Promos and Price Drops, a 3rd for New Releases, and a 4th for the FAQ. Just keep them completely separated?

Just an idea, and probably a bad one at that, this thread is one of the best maintained on CAG so just keep up the good work and there will never be any complaints on my end.

Thanks for covering the holiday sale and all the XBLA sales in general! Like many others, this is one of my most frequented places on CAG, and it's thanks to you reddjoey.

As a suggestion, eastx embeds videos of some of the games on sale in his steam thread and it's pretty useful at times. That might be worthwhile here as well, for the newly released games and DotWs that some people may happen to know nothing about or need that extra push to make a purchase. Other than that, everything else is great. Have a great year!

Thanks for all your hard work maintaining this thread. It’s always a helpful resource.

I like the suggestions to include review links (Metacritic); it's not essential, but it'd certainly be handy.

One suggestion I have would require some off-thread work from others, but I think it would be a great addition to connect the games that go on sale to the communities of CAGs that are playing them. I would have picked up a few more games had I known there was a good group of people regularly playing them.

There are a couple of groups that are setup well for games (COD, CAG Fighter), but it's pretty cumbersome for most games. For a while, I’ve wanted to help redo the Xbox Live gaming threads to make it much easier to find other CAGs. If anybody else is interested in developing a new, easy-to-find structure for group gamertags, game nights and the like, PM me and maybe this is something we can add to the CAG community this year.

This thread is amongst my most visited.

Also, I highly recommend Deadliest Warrior. The game is one of the best games based off a t.v./movie property that I've played.

As a fan of this thread, I'm liking all of the suggestions on how we could improve this thread for the new year. I think that if we want all of this improvements, this doesn't need to be a one man job..I saw that some one mentioned videos on new games and DOTW games, I could volunteer for that job to provide viewers with a sneak peek at upcoming games

I'm a new fan of this thread and can tell it will be one of my most visited. One suggestion I would offer is recording the prices from previous sales.

BB:CS 2 New Characters, 640
BB:CS 2 New Voices, 480
CD2 Toy Box, 280
Lara Croft GOL, 600
Hydro Thunder, 400
ME2 3 DLCs, 600
Alan Wake DLC, 200
Limbo, 800

4000 pts on the nose. Futher I paid $40 for a 4000 pt card, taking advantage of Meijer Bucks in mid-December. Just an fyi, but Meijer runs Meijer Bucks coupons periodically during the year. Great way to stock up on XBL cards for $1 per 100 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back