Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much rhythm game song discussion...

Deadliest Warrior and DeathSpank, get hype! Who's getting one of these? Both?

Right now I'm 100% getting DS and considering DW.

I barely play Rock band any more but I went to buy the Nirvana pack and what do you know, it said I already owned it. I really don't ever remember buying it before :lol:.

Monday Night Combat looks pretty fun. Check out the Youtube videos, graphically it's similar to Team Fortress 2.

Castlevania also looks like a good choice.

Mega Man 10 looks very enticing at 400 MS points, but growing up I remember Mega Man games being very hard so there's some reluctance.

During the last sale I got a ton of good games for sale, Banjo Katooie, Trials HD, Splosion Man, Castlevania, Shadow Complex. I was sitting around with like 5,000 MS points for a while because I was so stingy with them. So glad MS starting doing these sales. Now I wish they would do them for more DLC content.

[quote name='io']I barely play Rock band any more but I went to buy the Nirvana pack and what do you know, it said I already owned it. I really don't ever remember buying it before :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting to see what Harmonix says about RB1/RB2 compatibility with RB3 before I buy any more DLC songs.

[quote name='Naramie']
Mega Man 10 looks very enticing at 400 MS points, but growing up I remember Mega Man games being very hard so there's some reluctance.
[/QUOTE]

Mega Man 10 (unlike 9) has an Easy mode that adds extra platforms so it's harder to fall to your death. Thus it's not as annoyingly difficult as Mega Man 9. if you actually like Mega
Man, I highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already downloaded the Death Magnetic album without even knowing there was a sale going on. Decided to get the points that WERE on sale on amazon just to buy that album for GH and saw it was at a new price! Thanks to your post I just downloaded the Pavement song too. I hope this post makes sense, I've been drinking

The Xbox.com Deal of the Week Page says Magic The Gathering is on sale, but I'm not seeing it. I checked two accounts and it's still 800 points, anyone seeing a sale there?

[quote name='eastx']Mega Man 10 (unlike 9) has an Easy mode that adds extra platforms so it's harder to fall to your death. Thus it's not as annoyingly difficult as Mega Man 9. if you actually like Mega
an, I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Does :baby: mode disable achievements? Also, if you play as Proto Man do you still get achievements?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does :baby: mode disable achievements? Also, if you play as Proto Man do you still get achievements?[/QUOTE]
I think you have to play as Mega, but you can play on Easy for almost every achievement besides Superhero. I nabbed half of them on one go through taking it Easy

[quote name='reddjoey']The Xbox.com Deal of the Week Page says Magic The Gathering is on sale, but I'm not seeing it. I checked two accounts and it's still 800 points, anyone seeing a sale there?[/QUOTE]

Not seeing it here either although it is on the site. I REEEEEEEEEALY would like to get it for $5. Maybe it will be active in another day or two?

Good thing I waited for that Cartman/Gaga song. $2 is a bit much but $1 is perfect.

I wonder if the SP Premium theme is on sale.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']will the Cartman Poker Face song work on either Rock Band 2 or Beatles: Rock Band? I own both but have never purchased any DLC songs for them.[/QUOTE]

Only Rock Band 1 and 2.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']So South Park LGTDP is actually on sale, right? Just wanna be sure before I pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Yup, half price from 800 points to 400.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']I wonder if the SP Premium theme is on sale.[/QUOTE]

Now that's something I would buy for a cheaper price!

Sunshine (movie) is on sale in the zune video marketplace for 400MS pts for full purchase, which is like a couple dollars if you got points on sale, even if you didn't its a decent deal. Not really sure this deserves its own thread and not sure where else to post but figured I'd point it out. It's a really good sci-fi flick worth checking out or buying for that price.

Just a note:

MTG-DotPW being listed on xbox.com as on sale was a mistake and was fixed. Sorry if you got your hopes up

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Just a note:

MTG-DotPW being listed on xbox.com as on sale was a mistake and was fixed. Sorry if you got your hopes up[/QUOTE]

darth_vader_noooSHOCK.jpg

I thought south park zune videos were supposed to be on sale too? Would have made the whole south park theme make a lot more sense lol. Oh well I dont buy video content anyways.

I tried a few premium themes, but they're still at regular price. Also, if you have Netflix there is alot of content on there to watch for Instant Stream as far as South Park goes.

If the premium themes go to $1 I'll consider getting one.

Anyways, grabbed Cartman's Poker Face, since I've owned the game since launch, well worth the $10 that's for sure, so definitely pick it up for $5 people.

[quote name='eastx']Man, DeathSpank hasn't gone live yet for some reason. And here I am wanting to get my thong on![/QUOTE]

was on PSN yesterday!! IDK if I'm gonna get it. More interested in that Shank game..

[quote name='Rollobobo']STILL waiitng on Death Spank.....what gives?[/QUOTE]

Second week in a row Microsoft has fucked things up big time. In half a year of attending every single XBLA release, I'm disgusted at the last two weeks.

DeathSpank's controls are great except for when you use manual targeting, which sucks. But autotargeting is usually very effective during combat.

The Halo 3 map packs are getting a price drop "next week". Mythic will be 400 MS points, Legendary will be 160 MS points, and some new Halo: Reach Avatar Gear up on July 22nd.

DotW - 7/19 - 7/25

AC2:
-Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities - 240 MS points
-Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - 240 MS points
-Bundle w/ secret - 400 MS points
-Avatar Gear (Flying Machine - 160 MS Points, Guard Armor 240 MS Points)

I will format and stick in the first post in a few

Thanks for the update.

Shame i had to be that stuff though. Doesn't even have cheevos =x. Was hoping AC2 DLC/etc in the title meant dlc for other games(waiting for LFD2 dlc)

Don't neglect Deadliest Warrior dudes.

It is basically a spiritual successor to Bushido Blade: Open arena you are free to run around in, with the ability to kill your opponent in a single attack as all attacks are extremely lethal. You have a short range and medium range weapon you can switch between at any time, with high, medium, and low attacks. You also have a projectile of some sort, and some warriors are equipped with shields. Right stick flicks to roll/dodge, triggers are for blocking/parrying. Surviving a round is extremely satisfying; controls are excellent (I don't get how to parry yet, though); and you earn different weapons/projectiles/armor for each type of warrior, which you can switch around to customize your warrior's setup prior to a match.

Seriously, a great game if you are into Bushido Blade-style fighting games. I was way impressed by the demo and bought it - 800 points is an absolute steal.

Man, DOTW's have really degenerated. Remember when there were multiple games featured in the previous weeks? Now's its DLC and stupid avatar props. What a waste. Where's my Toy Soldiers and others?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Man, DOTW's have really degenerated. Remember when there were multiple games featured in the previous weeks? Now's its DLC and stupid avatar props. What a waste. Where's my Toy Soldiers and others?[/QUOTE]

During The Summer of Arcade, I wouldn't expect anything great.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Man, DOTW's have really degenerated. Remember when there were multiple games featured in the previous weeks? Now's its DLC and stupid avatar props. What a waste. Where's my Toy Soldiers and others?[/QUOTE]

It can't be a home run every week. I see nothing wrong with the current dotw, or the upcoming one next week. If anything it gives people a break to actually play all of the games they've bought over these sales. Be glad they're doing anything at all. It used to be that a sale on XBL was a rare thing.

ACII DLC on sale is nice, I just wish they had slashed the prices more. I'm not sure that 25%-29% is enough of a discount to warrant a purchase.

[quote name='supershammy']Don't neglect Deadliest Warrior dudes.

It is basically a spiritual successor to Bushido Blade: Open arena you are free to run around in, with the ability to kill your opponent in a single attack as all attacks are extremely lethal. You have a short range and medium range weapon you can switch between at any time, with high, medium, and low attacks. You also have a projectile of some sort, and some warriors are equipped with shields. Right stick flicks to roll/dodge, triggers are for blocking/parrying. Surviving a round is extremely satisfying; controls are excellent (I don't get how to parry yet, though); and you earn different weapons/projectiles/armor for each type of warrior, which you can switch around to customize your warrior's setup prior to a match.

Seriously, a great game if you are into Bushido Blade-style fighting games. I was way impressed by the demo and bought it - 800 points is an absolute steal.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I'll definitely have to check this out. Bushido Blade felt so unique that anything even close to it is worth looking at.

Also, is the ACII DLC worth playing through? I really really enjoyed the game and was planning on trying to finish out the achievements on it next week so it would fit right in.

AC2 DLC is finally on sale. I waited since I didn't ever passed it but even though its 25% off only, its still good enough to warrant a purchase. Thanks for the updates and also for the impresions on Deadliest Warrior, I love Bushido Blade, so I will try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back