Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to get it until I found out how hard it is to play on the dlc(Rapture Metro)...

Not because of the cheevos, I just want them to be in the rotation -would give me a reason to get back on my lv 40 char and play some more.

I need to head out to BB to pick up another 1600 points card with some credit, when I do I will be nabbing Alien Breed and Zeno Clash.

On a side note, on the dashboard, when you click on the 'Spotlight' of the Deal of the Week with the 'It's and Alien Invasion' it brings up all of the Bioshock 2 stuff.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Anyone else played Alien Breed? For 400 points I may try it out.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty "meh". Especially since there is a similar/better game for free on steam running on the source engine.

I think I might be doing something wrong, because Alien Breed feels like it has the most unsatisfying combat ever. Stuff just stops moving when it dies. The flamethrower doesn't even seem to light anything up, it feels like I'm using the spraycan in MS Paint to color the screen.

[quote name='Nico0020']It's pretty "meh". Especially since there is a similar/better game for free on steam running on the source engine.[/QUOTE]

Alien Breed's single-player is approximately 1,000 times better than Alien Swarm's. And it does tell a decent story. The multiplayer is somewhat limited, so buy mostly if you want single-player.

Early reviews of Dead Rising: Case Zero are pretty good. It's getting an 81/100 on Metacritic as of right now.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dead-rising-2-case-zero/critic-reviews

G4's review implies that there's about 5 hours worth of gameplay, but it's unclear whether that number includes multiple restarts, a la the original Dead Rising, in which you could restart the game with a leveled up character if the game became too difficult.

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64102/dead-rising-2-case-zero/review/

Not to overly stress my dorkdom, but I really wish we'd hear a release date for the XBLA Yu-Gi-Oh game.... it was originally supposed to have already been released by now.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not to overly stress my dorkdom, but I really wish we'd hear a release date for the XBLA Yu-Gi-Oh game.... it was originally supposed to have already been released by now.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The second this goes online, I might even leave early for work to play it. Always enjoyed the strategy aspects of the game, even if most people think its childish, it takes quite a lot of strategy to create good decks. I just hope we get a decent amount of cards unlocked initially, unlike the DS games.

[quote name='nightmare452']Same here. The second this goes online, I might even leave early for work to play it. Always enjoyed the strategy aspects of the game, even if most people think its childish, it takes quite a lot of strategy to create good decks. I just hope we get a decent amount of cards unlocked initially, unlike the DS games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely a solid game. IMO, Not as good as the greatest CCGs (how I miss you, SWCCG), but still a solid, strategic game.

Looks like we might have a new 'Summer Of Arcade' type promo coming in the next couple months:

Team Meat's manic and mercilessly tenderized hero, Super Meat Boy, is set to make his debut on Xbox Live Arcade on October 20. The developer announced the date via Twitter, and indicated that the well-done platformer would be part of "Game Feast," a new promotion from Microsoft Game Studios that should be detailed later today.
http://i.joystiq.com/2010/08/31/game-feast-super-meat-boy-release-date/

Week of September 5th: Select Resident Evil content

Week of September 13:
BUST-A-MOVE Live!, 400 Microsoft Points
Gyromancer, 800 Microsoft Points
Tower Bloxx Deluxe, 400 Microsoft Points
Puzzle Chronicles, 400 Microsoft Points

[quote name='Khalid']Week of September 5th: Select Resident Evil content

Week of September 13:
Puzzle Chronicles, 400 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I just reacquired RE5 via Goozex and hopefully the Untold Stories Bundle is part of the sale.

Finally RE5! Time to grab the DLC for the 6 dollar copy i got at Targets ^_^.

Though, i agree on Yu-Gi-Oh......been looking forward to that game for ages, i just hope it doesnt get canned, or get Konami'd. If anything, i remember hearing something about a September 30th date after that last date was revealed to be fake. (Not sure if its real, but i guess its always hope =/)

Couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the demo of Bust-a-Move, until I googled and realize the game is called Puzzle Bobble in the Arcade menus. Strange.

The demo was so easy, a 4 year-old could breeze through it in a few minutes. :roll:

[quote name='utopianmachine']Couldn't figure out why I couldn't find the demo of Bust-a-Move, until I googled and realize the game is called Puzzle Bobble in the Arcade menus. Strange.[/QUOTE]Yeah, Puzzle Bobble is the original name for the game in Japan. When some games get brought over here, the developer/publisher sometimes forgets to change the name of the game in the menus. Saves for the domestic release of Raiden IV are listed under its name written in Japanese.

I keep hoping we'll hear more info on when Might and Magic : Clash of Heroes is headed to XBLA. I've been eagerly awaiting its release, the DS game was the one game I played for that system this year. Has there been any news about when it's coming other than "Late Summer"?

[quote name='WTPolaris']I keep hoping we'll hear more info on when Might and Magic : Clash of Heroes is headed to XBLA. I've been eagerly awaiting its release, the DS game was the one game I played for that system this year. Has there been any news about when it's coming other than "Late Summer"?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I've held off getting the DS game from Goozex, as I figured I'd get it on XBLA instead. I thought my husband would like to play it as well, and he's not a DS fan.

[quote name='Khalid']Week of September 5th: Select Resident Evil content

Week of September 13:
Puzzle Chronicles, 400 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

I'll buy every one of these. Thanks.

Was hoping for Gyromancer to be cheaper, but I might bite at 800. Anyone who has it and loves it or has it and hates it, please chime in. I personally loved PQ1 and 2, also liked Puzzle Kingdoms, didn't really like Puzzle Chronicles though.

Might & Magic:Clash of Heroes is pretty great on the DS & I would love to see that have XBL support. Very fun title.

Glad to see more Pinball FX stuff coming out, anyone know what the heck happened to the supposed Williams Pinball Hall of Fame DLC appearing? THAT is what I really want to see.

so even though i think many people aren't fans of DLC being the DOTW, i really want the mass effect 2 dlc to go on sale. it's pretty much the only dlc i have left to buy for any of my games (since borderlands and assassins creed 2 were already on sale this summer). since they already had the dragon age dlc on sale, is there a pretty good chance of that also going on sale soon?

[quote name='y2jasper']so even though i think many people aren't fans of DLC being the DOTW, i really want the mass effect 2 dlc to go on sale. it's pretty much the only dlc i have left to buy for any of my games (since borderlands and assassins creed 2 were already on sale this summer). since they already had the dragon age dlc on sale, is there a pretty good chance of that also going on sale soon?[/QUOTE]

I don't mind DLC, but I do wish that they would add more different stuff to the DOTW. Maybe like 2 XBLA, 1 DLC, 1 GFWL and a game on demand each week.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Maybe already posted....

The Game Feast Release Dates:
September 29: Hydrophobia, 1200 Microsoft Points
October 6: Comic Jumper, 1200 Microsoft Points
[/QUOTE]

Oooh, Hydrophobia. Forgot about that one. And Comic Jumper from the good folks at Twisted Pixel? Sold!

[quote name='destro4eva']Was hoping for Gyromancer to be cheaper, but I might bite at 800. Anyone who has it and loves it or has it and hates it, please chime in. I personally loved PQ1 and 2, also liked Puzzle Kingdoms, didn't really like Puzzle Chronicles though. [/QUOTE]

I was a huge fan of Puzzle Quest 1 and 2, and I agree with you that Puzzle Chronicles isn't really so hot. Gyromancer is in a similar vein to these games, although it isn't a must-have. I got it the day it came out to soothe me while I waited for Puzzle Quest 2. The game shows some initial promise, then sort of peters out to a lot of repetitious play. I wouldn't say it's worth 1200 points. 800 may be the right price if you enjoy the demo.

I get the feeling September will be an expensive month for me. Serious Sam The Second Encounter, Sonic Adventure, Resident Evil DLC, and maybe Bust A Move (since I loved Spin Jam so much).

[quote name='Donnums']This, for me, is a dream come true. I still own my Dreamcast copy and I bought the DS version the day it came out.

http://kotaku.com/5626792/bangai+o-brings-the-missile-fury-to-xbox-live-arcade

Bangai-O for XBLA!![/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP! Easily one of my favorite games on the DC (and of all time). I still remember the first time I beat the final boss (@ approximately 2:30 AM...on like the 60th playthrough of the last level...)

Thank you, sir, for making my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back