Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone liking Plants Vs Zombies? It seems fairly fun (And i like castle defenders, seeing as i have South Park and Crystal Defenders), but 1200 seems a bit much =/, especially with no Online or even Avatar Awards.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anyone liking Plants Vs Zombies? It seems fairly fun (And i like castle defenders, seeing as i have South Park and Crystal Defenders), but 1200 seems a bit much =/, especially with no Online or even Avatar Awards.[/QUOTE]

They are putting out a disc based version for $20 in a few weeks, with some other games included (Zuma and Peggle, if I remember right).

Shouldn't be too hard to find a deal on the disc based one in time, that's what I'll be waiting for. With a little luck, some retailer will drop it to $10 by the end of the year.

PvZ is a great game, but I agree, $15 is a bit much.

[quote name='Zimmy']How come when I go to the link for the RE5 bundle, the price has gone up?
I thought the deal was for the entire week.[/QUOTE]Log into your Xbox.com account and you'll see the correct price.

[quote name='reddjoey']Link?[/QUOTE]Used the link in the OP, and before I logged in, it was the 960 price and after logging in it was the 560 price.

[quote name='typical guy']Why are the XBL sales for gold members only? That seems pretty lame when the PSN has sales for non plus members.[/QUOTE]And PSN+ has better sales than non PSN+ users, so it's the same with PSN+ versus XBL Gold.

Okay, folks, it's PS+, not PSN+. Just saying...

On topic: Thanks for keeping this thread current, reddjoey. You do an awesome job. I just got the RE5 bundle.

[quote name='animalspinners']They are putting out a disc based version for $20 in a few weeks, with some other games included (Zuma and Peggle, if I remember right).

Shouldn't be too hard to find a deal on the disc based one in time, that's what I'll be waiting for. With a little luck, some retailer will drop it to $10 by the end of the year.

PvZ is a great game, but I agree, $15 is a bit much.[/QUOTE]

Remember, $15 is the new $10.

I bought it anyway since I have Peggle and Zuma. Easy controls. Gonna play it some more after I get done working.

Oh yeah, forgot to post this sooner. But apparently King of Fighters:Skystage is coming out next week for 800 points.
(According to QJ.net, not sure if im allowed to link to that or not)

And still, even if 15 is the new 10, thats too damn much

[quote name='seanr1221']Sorry Redd, I'm out now, but it's all on the main screen of the avatar marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not near an xbox or pc either. I will take a look and update around 3pm EST

KOF:SKYSTAGE was only "announced" for Japanese release on 9/15. Can anyone find a link saying NA?

[quote name='mcdaking84']who else is excited for sonic adventure next week?:D[/QUOTE]

I am ^_^, already gonna be staying up super late to play Reach, gonna make the 5 AM wait even quicker (Also will probally buy KoF Skystage too if it has Online)

Updated some XBLA links and added KOF. Thanks for checking SNK dgwilla, I forgot to look there.

Also, the 1 year anniversary doesn't appear to have any items on sale, just an assortment.

[quote name='seanr1221']Wait, none of the stuff is on sale? :rofl:

The zombie head I'm using is free.[/QUOTE]

WAS free and I got it, too.

So are any of the items in the "One Year Anniversary" page even on sale?

[quote name='Lucian']Okay, folks, it's PS+, not PSN+. Just saying...[/QUOTE]

I still think PSN+ makes more sense because it's only useful when you're online.

[quote name='seanr1221']It's not free anymore? I thought it was weird it wasn't just an avatar award.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I'm not even sure if the game has avatar awards (but I'm thinking no).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatmanforlife99']

7 September - Day 7: "Halo: Reach Premium Theme"
8 September - Day 6: "Campaign Preview"
9 September - Day 5: "50% off Avatar Warthog Prop Offer"
10 September - Day 4: "Firefight Preview"
11 September - Day 3: "Deliver Hope - Director's Cut"
12 September - Day 2: "Multiplayer Preview"
13 September - Day 1: "Halo: Reach Collection Update (Avatar)"

Once the game comes out you can get a invasion theme for the invasion week them[/QUOTE]

No real "deals"

[quote name='reddjoey']No real "deals"[/QUOTE]

damn and I have 300 ms points on my account I wanna spend already but there ain't much to buy. I don't want avatar items, themes or gamerpics. Any suggestions? I wanna spend the 300 even. Was thinking of buying 2 rock band songs for 80 points each but then i'd be left with 140 ms points and don't know of anything for that price lol

[quote name='intoxicated662']damn and I have 300 ms points on my account I wanna spend already but there ain't much to buy. I don't want avatar items, themes or gamerpics. Any suggestions? I wanna spend the 300 even. Was thinking of buying 2 rock band songs for 80 points each but then i'd be left with 140 ms points and don't know of anything for that price lol[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they have deals on 400 points games and they price them at 240 points.

I think Sonic & Knuckles is still 240 points from when it was on sale on Destination Arcade or something.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-0000584109c4?cid=SLink

I can't decide what to get outta the RE5 sale... I don't care for any of the costumes, and I only want to spend 240 points (have 1440 points, gonna use 1200 on an arcade game). So I'm debating between Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares or the Versus Mode, which is the most fun? (I'm not really looking for something extremely difficult, and I have no idea what to expect from any of these so any opinions would be helpful).

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I can't decide what to get outta the RE5 sale... I don't care for any of the costumes, and I only want to spend 240 points (have 1440 points, gonna use 1200 on an arcade game). So I'm debating between Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares or the Versus Mode, which is the most fun? (I'm not really looking for something extremely difficult, and I have no idea what to expect from any of these so any opinions would be helpful).[/QUOTE]

I bought Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares (had no interest at all in Versus Mode). Lost in Nightmares is like the original RE series with more emphasis on "puzzles", while Desperate Escape plays out just like RE5. Both are fun (although Desperate Escape can be frustrating at times), especially for co-op with a buddy. If I had to pick between the 2, even though I would go with Lost in Nightmares just because it reminds me of the original games.

God tuesday is gonna be epic. Halo Reach will be out, AND 3 new awesome XBLA games (Sonic Adventure, KoF Skystage, and Space Invaders Infinity Gene), i hope Microsoft keeps this momentum up, because i cant wait for Yugioh and Crazy Taxi

Also, just for a confirmation, if anyone thinks RE5's versus is dead it isnt. I played for a bit yesterday, it was fun (Albeit i was getting owned), there are plenty of people out there who play for fun (And for the achievements), already added 4 people myself.

[quote name='RavenHawk']I bought Desperate Escape and Lost in Nightmares (had no interest at all in Versus Mode). Lost in Nightmares is like the original RE series with more emphasis on "puzzles", while Desperate Escape plays out just like RE5. Both are fun (although Desperate Escape can be frustrating at times), especially for co-op with a buddy. If I had to pick between the 2, even though I would go with Lost in Nightmares just because it reminds me of the original games.[/QUOTE]

in that case I think I'll go with Lost in Nightmares then, thank you

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I can't decide what to get outta the RE5 sale... I don't care for any of the costumes, and I only want to spend 240 points (have 1440 points, gonna use 1200 on an arcade game). So I'm debating between Desperate Escape, Lost in Nightmares or the Versus Mode, which is the most fun? (I'm not really looking for something extremely difficult, and I have no idea what to expect from any of these so any opinions would be helpful).[/QUOTE]

Versus mode is awful.

I thought Lost In Nightmares (EDIT: WHOOPS I MEANT LIN HERE SORRY) was tedious and crap, a boring slog of utterly mindless puzzles designed to make you run back and forth from one end of the map to the other and an unexciting "lure bad guys into traps" segment. It's all nostalgia, zero actual quality.

Desperate Escape is the polar opposite. If you liked Mercenaries, I think you'll enjoy DE.

Personally, I got more value out of the Mercs Reunion characters from those packs than anything else. Note that the costume packs ALSO fill out Mercs Reunion's roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']Versus mode is awful.[/QUOTE]The deathmatch mode is beyond awful and ruined an otherwise very enjoyable game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Versus mode is awful.

I thought Lost In Nightmares (EDIT: WHOOPS I MEANT LIN HERE SORRY) was tedious and crap, a boring slog of utterly mindless puzzles designed to make you run back and forth from one end of the map to the other and an unexciting "lure bad guys into traps" segment. It's all nostalgia, zero actual quality.

Desperate Escape is the polar opposite. If you liked Mercenaries, I think you'll enjoy DE.

Personally, I got more value out of the Mercs Reunion characters from those packs than anything else. Note that the costume packs ALSO fill out Mercs Reunion's roster.[/QUOTE]

blehh, I already went with Lost in Nightmares, due to me being more of a solo player in this game (none of my friends have it anymore), so I care more for the story elements than anything else, and after watching some videos on each, Desperate Escape looks a little too fast paced for me, and if I don't find someone to play with I can't imagine getting thru that with the computer-AI. So I feel like LIN was the better choice for my play style anyways, thanks tho. Just realized I still haven't beaten the entire game though, so I haven't played mercs yet either, so I've got plenty of content to keep me busy for this game.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']blehh, I already went with Lost in Nightmares, due to me being more of a solo player in this game (none of my friends have it anymore), so I care more for the story elements than anything else, and after watching some videos on each, Desperate Escape looks a little too fast paced for me, and if I don't find someone to play with I can't imagine getting thru that with the computer-AI. So I feel like LIN was the better choice for my play style anyways, thanks tho. Just realized I still haven't beaten the entire game though, so I haven't played mercs yet either, so I've got plenty of content to keep me busy for this game.[/QUOTE]

If you're a solo player, you probably had very little fun with RE5 at all. Ouch.

Yeah, if you don't like balls to the wall RE5 shooting, you probably won't like DE.

I find Mercs TREMENDOUS fun and the best part of the game, so much so that the story was just a slog to unlock Mercs. Co-op Mercs doubly so, and it isn't hard to pick someone up online to play with.

The game might be generous enough to give you Mercs Reunion access if you haven't beat the full game just for buying LIN. Though, Mercs is really the balls to the wall shooting/meleeing aspect so it might not be that much more up your alley.

[quote name='limelight022']King of Fighters Skystage, is that japan only or is it coming to the states too?[/QUOTE]

According to QJ and SNK themselves its coming this wednesday (Which will make it a 3 release week o_O).

[quote name='RollingSkull']If you're a solo player, you probably had very little fun with RE5 at all. Ouch.

Yeah, if you don't like balls to the wall RE5 shooting, you probably won't like DE.

I find Mercs TREMENDOUS fun and the best part of the game, so much so that the story was just a slog to unlock Mercs. Co-op Mercs doubly so, and it isn't hard to pick someone up online to play with.

The game might be generous enough to give you Mercs Reunion access if you haven't beat the full game just for buying LIN. Though, Mercs is really the balls to the wall shooting/meleeing aspect so it might not be that much more up your alley.[/QUOTE]

Well I haven't been playing it 100% solo, I occasionally play some couch co-op with my brother and have done the same with friends if we chill at my place. And I've also found the occasional people to play with online. Cus yeah it can get a little dull playing alone, lol.

but yeah, I read online that LIN won't be playable till after you complete the game, like with mercs mode, is this true? (I've been busy playing thru SC:C so I haven't loaded up RE5 to check yet)

[quote name='typical guy']are any of these deals for silver or do they never have deals for silver members?[/QUOTE]

Please read the OP. It's listed in bold, several times.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Please read the OP. It's listed in bold, several times.[/QUOTE]

i read the op and find it confusing. thus i asked. i assume there are no silver deals which is lame since non psn plus members get sales. im not sending 35 bucks for a gold membership just to get deals.

[quote name='typical guy']i read the op and find it confusing. thus i asked.[/QUOTE]

Uh...

"GOLD MEMBERS ONLY" is about as straightforward as it gets...

[quote name='typical guy']i assume there are no silver deals which is lame since non psn plus members get sales.[/QUOTE]
Different companies, different polices. I mean, when was the last time Nintendo had a sale on WiiWare or virtual console stuff? Never?

I believe that every once in a great while Microsoft extends a very few select sales to Silver accounts. When that's the case, reddjoey (doing the same great job he's been doing) would update the OP to reflect that.

I'm going to say "Lost In Nightmares" was terrible compared to what it could've been. I mean one enemy pretty much, seriously?! It's like a prolonged set of boss battles. I liked them before in RE but wouldn't want them all piled together. Seriously it was so halfassed.
I preferred "Desperate Escape" because it felt more like RE in that you have to fight the traditional enemies all around. I mean "Lost In Nightmares" does have nice puzzles and scenery true to the old RE but that's about it. I felt like Capcom could easily have done a better job for it.
I easily would NOT have paid full price for it. I don't know how I feel about "Desperate Escape" in that regard.

Hey, does anyone know if the RE5 DLC is still on sale? I only have a silver account right now and I'm thinking of upgrading to gold just to buy the RE5 DLC. It looks full price to me right now, but I don't know if it's just because the sale is only for Gold subscribers.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Hey, does anyone know if the RE5 DLC is still on sale? I only have a silver account right now and I'm thinking of upgrading to gold just to buy the RE5 DLC. It looks full price to me right now, but I don't know if it's just because the sale is only for Gold subscribers.[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to the XBOX.com marketplace, it is still on sale. Wont be any day now though.

[quote name='JDUB X']So do you guys think the deal will change tomorrow or will it not show up until Tuesday again?[/QUOTE]

It should change. Last week was a holiday...

[quote name='JDUB X']Yes, according to the XBOX.com marketplace, it is still on sale. Wont be any day now though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking for me. I just typed in a 1 month card, a 1600 pt card and then purchased the 560pt DLC pack and the 240pt versus pack.

I bought the RE5 collectors edition on sale at Best Buy for $30 or $40 a short while after it was released. I really pays to wait.

Thanks again for confirming the price for me. I was trying to hold off renewing Gold until after the free Halo weekend, but what they hell. Just saved more $$$ on the DLC.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I'm gonna bite of the 5 dollar game next week. Any game is worth 5 bucks... Except Root Beer Tapper[/QUOTE]

Which game do you think is the best. I don't know much about any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back