Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I really want Halo, but I lack 400 points D: Anyone interested in my Black Ops Flight Suit code or Halo Reach recon for 400 points? (Or I have a Walmart $5 gift card I MIGHT be willing to part with for 400 points).

Anyway I'm picking up TMNT and Splosion Man, I cannot pass that up !!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simmias']Hong Kong hard drive, maybe? You need partition 2 (the one with the emulation program) and that doesn't come on those cheap eBay drives. Pain in the butt to get it on there, but I'm sure someone here who's more technically inclined than me can help you out.[/QUOTE]

How would I know if it is a cheap one? I was under the impression when I bought it that it was legit. The casing appears to be a official Microsoft case. I googled the issue and came to the conclusion it might be that. I still can't find the backwards compatibility download anywhere even if it was.

[quote name='Blade3D']How would I know if it is a cheap one? I was under the impression when I bought it that it was legit. The casing appears to be a official Microsoft case. I googled the issue and came to the conclusion it might be that. I still can't find the backwards compatibility download anywhere even if it was.[/QUOTE]
If it didn't come in the original packaging, it was a Hong Kong fake. They buy the cases (easy to find) and then put WD drives in them.

[quote name='simmias']If it didn't come in the original packaging, it was a Hong Kong fake. They buy the cases (easy to find) and then put WD drives in them.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, now I have to figure out how to get backwards compatibility on it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I'm fairly certain I remember Braid being on sale as well. I remember trying it and thinking, "Am I the only person in the world that doesn't like this game?" :lol:

Still on the fence about Halo. Has it really held up well? I mean, if you came into the series starting at 3, would you still be able to enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

Braid was definitely for 560, i remember because it did not meet my mark of 400, so i didn't buy it.

As for halo, if your curiosity is killing you, it's probably cheaper buying it now than scrounging for a disc version on ebay or wherever.

Back in the day i only played mp at my friend's house and it was fairly entertaining. i didn't play through halo 1/2's campaigns until after h3, and was unimpressed; corridor shooter, repetitive, repeat levels (backtrack), threadbare story, annoying flood.

tldr: glad i picked ps2 last gen.

I had leftover points from the Bing Rewards Program that I've yet to use so I went ahead and picked up Trials HD and 'Splosion Man. I have 190 points left, so I'm either gonna get Greed Corp or Turtles in Time. Any suggestions on which I should get?

In for Trials, Trials add-on, Greed Corp, Splosion Man, CCR pack, and the new Pac-Man. I knew I was stockpiling points for something. Should keep me busy for quite awhile.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I'm fairly certain I remember Braid being on sale as well. I remember trying it and thinking, "Am I the only person in the world that doesn't like this game?" :lol: [/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkZion']I can vouch for Braid being on sale, because I picked it up and pulled an all-nighter with it. Wouldn't have bought it at full price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Newl']Braid was definitely for 560, i remember because it did not meet my mark of 400, so i didn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess I missed it because it was a one day sale. Hopefully, it goes on sale again. It's been almost a year, though.

Bought
GTA - Never played, loving it already. Really blown away by this xbox original
Peggle - I already had this for my Ipod but the online duel mode is a friggin blast
Greed Corp - Still getting the hang of this one but I can't wait to hit up the online battles when I learn the ropes

Held back from Halo (because I already have it on a disc), Portal (getting Orange box soon anyway), and splosion man (Demo was not fun).

Might buy Trials later tonight. How replayable is Trials?

I just bought the xbox 360 slim holiday bundle. Does anyone know if the alan wake that comes packaged in it comes with the Signal? I want to make sure that it doesn't before I buy it for obvious reasons.

[quote name='Tsel']I had leftover points from the Bing Rewards Program that I've yet to use so I went ahead and picked up Trials HD and 'Splosion Man. I have 190 points left, so I'm either gonna get Greed Corp or Turtles in Time. Any suggestions on which I should get?[/QUOTE]

I recommend TMNT if you have people to do co-op with (either a brother/roommate frequent visitors XBL friends etc), otherwise I'd pass.

I had fun playing it today though, at the very least it's worth a look for $2.

Can anyone sell me on Greed Corp? I don't mind the price, but I've never heard of it...

Last edited by a moderator:
'Splosion Man has already been worth $2 and I've only played a level or two. Should be good to play with my kids. Simple but very fun.

So far I've bought...

1. Halo: CE (never played when I had the original, but once I got my 360 I knew I had to check the series out. bought ODST and the multiplayer sold me on the series. I was planning on buying the game on disk for 10, so I couldn't pass this up.)

2. Splosion Man

3. Trials HD and The Big Pack

4. Portal (bought a few days ago)

And I'm thinking about Greed Corp. I played the demo and can't say it sold me, but I'm thinking spend some time I'll get the hang of it. Also, I have the demo for Turtles waiting, but I'm not sure I'll get it (note I have no co-op partners, maybe parents, but that would be a rare thing). Also, Secret of Monkey Island peaks my interest, but I'm not sure about the "point and click aspect. I have 1200 points left now, and I want to save some for Christmas deals, hoping I won't have to buy more points (I've bought 3200 points in the past three days, though I really only spent 3 dollars for them, thanks to a great deal on some handhelds at a garage sales that netted me some great credit, with a little left over I'm saving up for the 3DS next year), because I'm really wanting to find Limbo on sale.

I think I'll go ahead and get Greed Corp, but is Turtles worth it for a single-player?

[quote name='Obiwan456']is Turtles worth it for a single-player?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to give an emphatic no to that, especially if you've already played the SNES version.

If I didn't own GTA already I would buy it in a heart beat. My favorite GTA of all time, LOVE that game. Everything was awesome, great vibe, great job capturing the era. A masterpiece IMO.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm going to give an emphatic no to that, especially if you've already played the SNES version.[/QUOTE]

While I haven't played the SNES version, I'm still not going to pick it up. I'm not that big a turtles fan (I've never actually seen any of the shows), but I thought if it was good I'd pick it up for 2 bucks, but apparently not. Thanks!

hey, everyone who bought greed corp, you should add me so we can get the hang of the gameplay online together

GT = Tunavi

[quote name='Obiwan456']While I haven't played the SNES version, I'm still not going to pick it up. I'm not that big a turtles fan (I've never actually seen any of the shows), but I thought if it was good I'd pick it up for 2 bucks, but apparently not. Thanks![/QUOTE]

First of all, watch some damn Turtles. Damn, man. Damn.

Secondly, it is actually quite a good game, but the side-scrolling beat-em-up genre is really meant to be played with two or more players. Multiplayer increases the fun greatly.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 achievements leaked today.
Usually takes a month or two to release the game.

bionic-commando-rearmed-2-20100915110906610_640w.jpg

bionic-commando-rearmed-2-20100818045543449_640w.jpg

[quote name='simmias']If it didn't come in the original packaging, it was a Hong Kong fake. They buy the cases (easy to find) and then put WD drives in them.[/QUOTE]

Aw, fuck. I was just about to come here and ask why my GTA:SA wouldn't work. I'm going to be SO pissed if I can't find a workaround. That's what I get for trusting an ebay seller. T_T

[quote name='fatboyjam']There were some pretty good deals during their 14-day countdown to New Years last year. Here's the list:
14: Free 2010 glasses for your avatar
13: Worms 2: Armagedon 50% off- 400 MS Points
12: Free New Years Premium Theme
11: Avatar Golf for 160 MS points
10: (Rent)Stargate Continuum for 80 MS points
09: UNO Rush 400 points
08: The Secret of Monkey Island for 800 -> 400 MS points
07: LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
06: Fallout® 3 DLC 400
05: Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
03: LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
02: LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
01: LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400[/QUOTE]

I don't remember Braid being 560 MSP during the 14-day sale. I do remember it being leaked that it was going to be, but we ended up getting Batman Returns? I think. Two movie rentals were on sale.

[quote name='gordojones88']Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 achievements leaked today.
Usually takes a month or two to release the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! You should post that in the BC:R2 thread as well. I wonder if I'll write an FAQ for part 2...

Not a deal. but thought I would share since I just posted it in the 360 forums

ilomilo (Early Access):
1. Visit http://wp7supersecretaccess.ilomilo.com/
2. Follow instructions, that includes entering captcha
3. Get Code

EDIT:

Looks like you can unlock the full game for 800 Space Bones too. Too bad I am 110 short. (I'm not really sure how I ended up with an odd amount of points)

[quote name='genfuyung']I just went to buy an andres and its advertised for 400 but when you get to the purchase pop up its 1200. fucking lame.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the deal's over now because Friday's over? At least in the continental US.

I ended up purchasing Greed Corp & Portal a couple hours ago. Don't know a thing about Greed, but for $2, I couldn't pass it up. And Portal is just too good to pass up. I was also really close to pulling the trigger on Pictureka & Jenga, but I think $10 is a little too much. If they ever go cheaper, I'll probably bite.

Wow, Playing GTA driving around my homies and we chased down some rival gang members, beat them to death, hopped back in the car and Alice in Chains blasted on the radio as we drove off. This is an awesome game haha

And peggle online is a blast even if you can only sit down for 5 minutes. I just had a huge comeback win with the last ball.

Oh well, I missed out on GTA. It looks like it's already back to 1200 pts. I was so into the Amazon deals I forgot about Xbox Live.

[quote name='pixelpushr']Oh well, I missed out on GTA. It looks like it's already back to 1200 pts. I was so into the Amazon deals I forgot about Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]
The 2 dollar games are still on sale. I got them all, $6 for 3 games? Too hard to resist.

Do we have to wait until Christmas until we get more 80% deals?

[quote name='typical guy']The 2 dollar games are still on sale. I got them all, $6 for 3 games? Too hard to resist.

Do we have to wait until Christmas until we get more 80% deals?[/QUOTE]
I think so

[quote name='Blade3D']Well that sucks, now I have to figure out how to get backwards compatibility on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's possible there's a site if u google to help put the partition on for backwards compatible xbox. When I put in my WD 250gb drive into my xbox I skipped the xbox bc option since I won't be playing any original games.

[quote name='Guest Number 2']I don't remember Braid being 560 MSP during the 14-day sale. I do remember it being leaked that it was going to be, but we ended up getting Batman Returns? I think. Two movie rentals were on sale.[/QUOTE]

You may be right about that - I definitely remember the feeling of overwhelming disappointment with the Batman Returns rental, and it's probably because I was looking forward to picking up Braid that day.

Braid was definitely on sale, for 560 points, but it may not have been until later, when they went through and discounted each of the '08 Summer of Xbox games as a group.

Yeah the GTA thing sucks. I bought it online but it didn't go through even though I got a confirmation page. When I called it took an hour to get to someone who put it through but at a higher price... Some holiday cheer there. It's not like they don't get enough of my money they have to nickel and dime me for their website error. If I would have called Amazon they would have fixed it all no questions asked...

Just bought

CCR Rock Band pack
'Splosion Man
Trails HD Big Track Pack

I'm so glad the Friday only deals were still available. I just saw CCR pack was 400 points and rushed onto my xbox in hopes that it was still 400 and it was. I was tempted to buy that at 1600 points but said it was bound to reach 800 at some point and here it is at 400.

Thanks OP for organizing this list every week.

[quote name='reddjoey']Not a deal. but thought I would share since I just posted it in the 360 forums

ilomilo (Early Access):
1. Visit http://wp7supersecretaccess.ilomilo.com/
2. Follow instructions, that includes entering captcha
3. Get Code

EDIT:

Looks like you can unlock the full game for 800 Space Bones too. Too bad I am 110 short. (I'm not really sure how I ended up with an odd amount of points)[/QUOTE]

Is this a demo?

Nice, I thought I missed this, but as of right now it's still going on. Picked u Splosion Man and TMNT since they were so cheap.

Looks like they chopped the BF day deals from the Thanksgiving Sales page, but those Thanksgiving week sales are still on until the 29th: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/BlackFridayArcadeGames

Those who got Serious Sam TSE HD: Is it worth 600 MSP? I'd probably jump on it no questions asked at 400 MSP, but am still weary. I used to like those run and gun shooters back in the day, but maybe I should save that 600 MSP and spend it on Duke Nukem or Doom or something?

Picked up Trials HD plus DLC, Greed Corps., and Monkey Island 1 and 2... 1600 points well spent :)

Didn't even try Greed Corps. but for 160msp any game is hard to pass up. Already have Turtles and Splosion Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back