Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely worth 400. I bought the game for 800 when it first came out for my gf, she never played but a few of my buddies had it so we all would help build each others villages from multi player. Really fun game

Yeah I played Keflings for a long time when it was on sale last year.

Damn, picking up Bejweled, tempted on Zuma...but then I'll have 200 points just hanging around :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Damn, picking up Bejweled, tempted on Zuma...but then I'll have 200 points just hanging around :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sunset Riders for Game Room will be 240 MSP and is more than likely coming this Wednesday!

I'm about to trade in some stuff at GS on their 50% bonus deal for some MSP to blow on Tetris, Zuma, X-MEN, and SR this week.

[quote name='seanr1221']I had no idea what you were talking about and then I looked it up.

I remember laying Sunset Riders, I wonder how it holds up.[/QUOTE]

Should hold up great as Game Room does a solid job of porting these old arcade titles. The only downside I foresee is the lack of online co-op.

Also, I just logged in to buy Tetris Splash and it looks like last week's deals (NHL, South Park, Polar Panic) are still live via the DoTW card in the Spotlight Dashboard menu.

[quote name='emg28']I picked up 3 on 3 NHL Arcade after trying out the demo. It reminded me of Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on the N64. That game really kicked ass with 4 players.[/QUOTE]

that is awesome you referenced that game because i thought the exact same thing. i really have enjoyed 3 on 3 nhl arcade the past couple of days. easy achievement points + a fun game = purchase from me.

I just bought 3 on 3 NHL probably minutes before the sale ended even though I never got around to trying the demo. The positive comments here and my natural love of hockey won out in the end. Maybe I'll pick up Zuma this week to use the other half of those 400 points to avoid having an odd amount left.

Anyone know if Tetris Splash has anything special about it other than the underwater backgrounds? If I already have Tetris Evolution, is there any point to buying this?

[quote name='arcane93']Anyone know if Tetris Splash has anything special about it other than the underwater backgrounds? If I already have Tetris Evolution, is there any point to buying this?[/QUOTE]

Check out the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_Splash

Aside from the aquarium stuff, it's got a few local/online multiplayer modes. Still pretty much Tetris though!

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Is there a point for buying A Kingdom of Keflings while there is A World of Keflings being released on this 22nd?[/QUOTE]

Because its fun and 5 dollars while the new one will be 10 or 15 and feature similar gameplay.

[quote name='reddjoey']FYI: Dead Rising: Case West - 800 MSP out 12.27. Not 400, like a previous CAG posted.[/QUOTE]Then I will be waiting for the DotW at that price.

I'm wondering if they're holding out on a quake arena price to see how much they can milk it for.

anyone get their points from the last XBLA rebate deal? (not the one where you had to buy all the summer of arcade titles).
nvm I see the 800 pt credit in my account history...

Looks like Quake Arena Arcade will be 1200 MS Points for XBLA. I was looking forward to this but for $15 it's going to be hard to recommend to other people.

This is according to xbox360achievements.org website

[quote name='rapsodist']Too bad. Now I'll have to wait for a sale. I got that 400 MSP information directly from the preview in OXM. Guess they jumped the gun with reporting that price, or Capcom/Microsoft changed it at the last minute.[/QUOTE]

No worries, if a solid source puts out bad info I don't mind having to correct it. They are to blam for the mix-up, not anyone here. I ask for sources to avoid flame-wars, finger-pointing, name-calling, etc. OXM works of old info and the magazine has about an 8 week lead out. Capcom probably said it would be priced "competitively like DR:C0".

Did a strikethrough on the Keflings sale. I will take it down if the sale doesn't return later today

Added the info from Aceybongos to the OP about this weeks XBLA

[quote name='Matedawg11']Oh no A Kingdom for Keflings is 800 MS points again =[ I was gonna pick it up[/QUOTE]

Same. I am disappointed. I saw this morning on my Xbox it was still 400 points. I go to buy it a few hours later and it's 800. I called Xbox support, not expecting to get anywhere, but maybe they'd do an adjustment since it randomly changed in the middle of the day, and they said no. Oh well, it sucks, but I'm sure it'll be on sale again.

I want to get Zuma, but the 360 controls were kind of crappy. That game can get kinda nuts sometimes, and I think the 360 controls wouldn't help anything. I think I'll pass.

still waiting on my 400 microsoft points to be given to me (or placed on my account) from last month's deal, hope it arrives around the 20th when it stated in time for the deals. if quake arena is more than 800 ms points I think alot of people will pass, including me. x-men arcade is all i'm thinking of buying next week so far..

[quote name='utopianmachine']I want to get Zuma, but the 360 controls were kind of crappy. That game can get kinda nuts sometimes, and I think the 360 controls wouldn't help anything. I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Games For Windows has the latest PC version, Zuma's Revenge, on sale for $7.50 right now. It has wayyyy more content than the original Zuma and is just all-around great.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/dealoftheweek/

[quote name='OregonDealz']Picked up Bejeweled, GF walked in the room said "what ya doing...? Let me see that..."

Now I am browsing forums...[/QUOTE]

:lol: When you're lucky enough to have a girlfriend who plays video games...you gotta take the bad with the good.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Picked up Bejeweled, GF walked in the room said "what ya doing...? Let me see that..."

Now I am browsing forums...[/QUOTE]

Haha same thing happened when I introduced my mom to Bejeweled on the computer.

Then I introduced it to my aunt when Bejeweled 2 was free a while ago and her and my mom made me install it on every computer in the home...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Bought Tetris. Man, a 23mb game? Not that means anything, especially since it's Tetris. But I hope it's not barebones.[/QUOTE]

It was released before MS lifted the 50mb cap they had on live. How is the game? I'm tempted to get this one myself.

The Steam version of Zuma's Revenge has Steam Achievements, but sadly the GFWL version has none. Still, I wouldn't buy the XBLA version expecting to get a lot of Achievements. I played a ton and only got 5; they are very difficult.

Picked up Tetris and might pick up Uno: Rush yet. Funny how I kind of dismissed that game long ago, but it's actually a lot easier to pick up and play than I first anticipated. And sort of a nice change of pace from regular uno as well.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It was released before MS lifted the 50mb cap they had on live. How is the game? I'm tempted to get this one myself.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried the online yet so can't comment on that, but if you're only going to play single player, I'd say it may be better to get Tetris Evolution. Splash is nice to play now and then, but only has two game modes. Marathon which is try and complete 15 levels and 40 lines, which is to see how fast you can clear 40 lines. That said, it's tetris, plain and simple.

[quote name='rapsodist']:lol: When you're lucky enough to have a girlfriend who plays video games...you gotta take the bad with the good.[/QUOTE]

I think I win...my wife plays Halo and is pretty damn good at it. Its nice when I ask what she would like to do this evening and between taking walks and relaxing she usually says Halo. I'm a lucky guy!

[quote name='bond211']Looks like Quake Arena Arcade will be 1200 MS Points for XBLA. I was looking forward to this but for $15 it's going to be hard to recommend to other people.

This is according to xbox360achievements.org website[/QUOTE]

$15 for a game that is free and only differing in terms of achievements on PC (and can run on basically any PC) is an extremely high asking price.

That, combined with the supposed 800 pricing point of X-Men and Dead Rising: Case West has filled with disappointment this morning. I think A LOT of people are going to quickly regret buying X-Men at 800. $10 for a retro beat them up arcade game that maybe takes 30 minutes to beat? I just can't justify the nostalgia aspect. Case West is going to inevitably be compared to Case Zero and a lot less people will buy it on impulse, they basically have to make sure they really do offer twice the game play value. :cry:

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I think A LOT of people are going to quickly regret buying X-Men at 800. $10 for a retro beat them up arcade game that maybe takes 30 minutes to beat? I just can't justify the nostalgia aspect.[/QUOTE]

I've got to agree. Not to say it isn't an awesome game, or that it needs more features--but the fact that licensing issues prevented them from adding/changing makes 800 MSP seem a little steep. At least it’s getting a proper XBLA release with full online co-op, as opposed to getting dumped off in Game Room or something and being local co-op only.

All that aside, I wonder how much money I blew in quarters on this game back in the day...

I bought Tetris Splash yesterday. It's fine with me because I love Tetris, but it just feels so plain and outdated, especially compared to the new PSN version. In the end I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't on sale.

[quote name='bsmiff']I've got to agree. Not to say it isn't an awesome game, or that it needs more features--but the fact that licensing issues prevented them from adding/changing makes 800 MSP seem a little steep. At least it’s getting a proper XBLA release with full online co-op, as opposed to getting dumped off in Game Room or something and being local co-op only.

All that aside, I wonder how much money I blew in quarters on this game back in the day...[/QUOTE]

well, look at how tmnt turtles in time reshelled came out. didn't take long to beat, was 800 ms points and had some pretty good features. I don't regret buying it I loved the game growing up but it went on sale quick so maybe that'll happen with x-men as well. That's the beauty of this, choice. Wait for it to go on sale or buy it @ launch. The only negative thing I can say about waiting for it to go on sale is that by then, there might not be anyone playing it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back